PDA

View Full Version : 11/15 - Mini Mock Draft Podcast

Scott Wright
11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
We'll be taping a new podcast on Tuesday, November 15 at 8:00pm EST.

In this show we will lay out the options for the teams currently picking in the Top 10 overall.

If you have any questions or comments please be sure to post them in this thread!

Draft Countdown Podcast
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

Note: You can stream the archive afterwards at the link above or download it on iTunes.

Halsey
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I know he's only a redshirt sophomore, but do you have any thoughts on TCU QB Casey Pachall?

Also, I'm interested in your thoughts on a couple of UGA prospects: Ben Jones and Drew Butler.

Sloopy
11-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Was wondering what you thought about Brandon Jenkins

Assuming that this guy gets picked up as a 3-4 OLB.

Some are high on him some are low, just looking to get a little extra info on this guy.

I had him in one of my earlier mocks as a 3-4 OLB and someone (I believe RoP) told me he hadn't looked good standing up. Couldn't find any video of him standing up but was wondering if you could shed some light on this.

If you've seen tape of him standing up as a pass rusher could you let me know where he struggles from this position?

Scott Wrong
11-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Why do you think Floyd would be good fit in the Browns offense? Wouldn't Blackmon first then another player later be better than going Richardson first? I was surprised that you said RB in the first scott, you never seem to think a RB in the first round is a good idea.

Scott Wright
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Why do you think Floyd would be good fit in the Browns offense? Wouldn't Blackmon first then another player later be better than going Richardson first? I was surprised that you said RB in the first scott, you never seem to think a RB in the first round is a good idea.

I like the username! :o)

I think Blackmon would be a good fit as well.

My argument with the Browns is that if they can get Floyd later in Round 1 they can use the Top 10 pick on a quarterback, running back, right tackle or defensive end. It's all about getting the best combination for those choices. For example, would you rather have Quinton Coples and Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon and Melvin Ingram? If Cleveland is comfortable with Floyd's off-the-field issues they can get a Top 10 talent in the 15-25 range.

bengalbuck
11-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Cleveland needs to get one guy on offense that other teams have to game plan to stop. They have absolutely nobody who is that type of player right now.

Halsey
11-17-2011, 03:27 PM

lol I wondered if anyone else had thought of using that name.

Al Capwn
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM
I think adding DeCastro to the Browns oline esp if Steinbach comes back would make them the best oline in the league. That would go a long ways to keeping McCoy upright and allowing his WRs time to get open, and develop a running game.

Prowler
11-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Junior RBs David Wilson Va Tech and Chris Polk Washington, These guys jump off the TV at me every game that I watch. How do they look as prospects?

Trades. Who is moving up and who is moving down?

Any chance Luck doesn't come out this year?

Is Barkley heading back to USC so he can be #1 next year?

Why does Alshon Jeffrey look like an olineman?

What top talent is going to fall to the BPA picking Lions this year?