PDA

View Full Version : RaiderNations Top 50 Big Board 11/15

RaiderNation
11-15-2011, 04:32 PM
Here is my updated Top 50 Big Board, containing the top 50 eligible prospects for the 2012 draft. Qustions and comments are welcomed as always...

Also be sure to check out my updated Mock Draft. (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2750632#post2750632)

1 Andrew Luck QB Stanford*
2 Matt Kalil OT USC*
3 Trent Richardson RB Alabama*
4 Morris Claiborne CB LSU*
5 Matt Barkley QB USC*
6 Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*
7 Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
8 Michael Floyd WR Norte Dame
9 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma*
10 Quinton Coples DE UNC
11 David DeCastro OL Stanford*
12 Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama*
13 Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State*
14 Riley Reiff OT Iowa*
15 Robert Griffin III QB Baylor*
16 Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina*
17 Zach Brown LB UNC
18 Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama
19 Manti Te’o LB Notre Dame*
20 Vinny Curry DE Marshall
21 Lamar Miller RB Miami**
22 Dontari Poe NT Memphis*
23 Mike Adams OT Ohio State
24 Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama
25 Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington
26 Luke Kuechly LB Boston College*
27 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
28 Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
29 Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech*
30 TJ McDonald DB USC*
31 Devin Still DT Penn State
32 Whitney Mercilus DE Illinois*
33 Dwayne Allen TE Clemson*
34 Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
35 Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State*
36 Peter Konz C Wisconsin*
37 Mark Barron DB Alabama
38 Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
39 Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt
40 Juron Criner WR Arizona
41 Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State*
42 Chris Polk RB Washington*
43 Nick Foles QB Arizona
44 Cordy Glenn OL Georgia
45 Dont’a Hightower LB Alabama
46 Jared Crick DT Nebraska
47 Dwight Jones WR North Carolina
48 Chase Minnifield CB Virginia
49 Kelechi Osemele OL Iowa State
50 Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina*

Iamcanadian
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
Just a couple of things I disagree with.
1) Oregon kind of exposed Stanford's OL and I cannot see both of them remaining that high.
2) Not a Jeffery fan, not only is he suspect because he is another Spurrier WR, he's fat and slow and isn't having a strong year. Very late 1st rounder although I really believe he'll fall to round 2.
3) I'm an Upshaw lover and think he can be a great pass rusher either in a 4-3 as a DE or in a 3-4 as an OLB. I look for him to dominate at the combine when he shows off his low lean around an OT and I expect him to go top 10.

Outside of these, the ranking are very decent for this stage in the draft process.

RaiderNation
11-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Just a couple of things I disagree with.
1) Oregon kind of exposed Stanford's OL and I cannot see both of them remaining that high.
2) Not a Jeffery fan, not only is he suspect because he is another Spurrier WR, he's fat and slow and isn't having a strong year. Very late 1st rounder although I really believe he'll fall to round 2.
3) I'm an Upshaw lover and think he can be a great pass rusher either in a 4-3 as a DE or in a 3-4 as an OLB. I look for him to dominate at the combine when he shows off his low lean around an OT and I expect him to go top 10.

Outside of these, the ranking are very decent for this stage in the draft process.

1 Martin and DeCastro are still among the top olinemen for this year and both should be top 15 picks. One below average game won't hurt their stock too much.

2 Jeffery isn't a finished product and I think with the right coaching and training he will be able to be an effective player in the NFL. You don't find WRs with his size and ball skills. A team that needs a down the field threat with size, say the Bears or Patriots could end up trading for him in the draft.

3 Idk if Upshaw can play in the 4-3, but I definitely buy him in the 3-4. He will be a hot commodity once April is here.

ellsy82
11-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Except for a couple placements...can't disagree. Good 50 list.

Iamcanadian
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
1 Martin and DeCastro are still among the top olinemen for this year and both should be top 15 picks. One below average game won't hurt their stock too much.

2 Jeffery isn't a finished product and I think with the right coaching and training he will be able to be an effective player in the NFL. You don't find WRs with his size and ball skills. A team that needs a down the field threat with size, say the Bears or Patriots could end up trading for him in the draft.

3 Idk if Upshaw can play in the 4-3, but I definitely buy him in the 3-4. He will be a hot commodity once April is here.

On the Stanford OL, I disagree, it was their toughest match ups and they didn't get the job done creating a negative in scouts and GM's minds. Of course they can recover at the combine but it is no longer set in stone that they will go that high.
I'm just not seeing it in Jeffery. GM's and scouts will already have marked him down for being another Spurrier WR and when you add in that he isn't performing up to snuff this year, his stock could take a real nosedive.
I believe firmly, that Upshaw can be a super pass rusher in a 4-3 defense, he can bend his shoulder with the best of them coming around the corner and is giving LT's fits even when double teamed. Watch him, he is going to rise up draft boards dramatically at some point in the process.

JBCX
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Major props for having Devon Still ahead of Brandon Thompson and Jerel Worthy.

Still is the best pass-rushing DT in this class.

stl9erfan
11-16-2011, 01:40 PM
My major impressions:

I think Michael Floyd is probably about 10-12 spots too high. Timed speed is going to be an issue for him.

Landry Jones, also, I think you've got rated too high, although the fact that he's a QB might cause him to be a top-10 pick anyway.

Manti Te'o, I think, is about 6-7 spots too low. I expect him to be the first LB off the board

Nick Foles, I think is maybe accurately rated for now... but I really wouldn't be at all surprised if someone picks him at the very top of the second round. He's a guy I could really see building a buzz as the draft approaches.

Overall, very solid rankings.

holt_bruce81
11-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Nice list, I know I've said it like 100 times but IMO Landry Jones is a mid-2nd round prospect. But hey that's what I thought about Ponder too and he went what? 12th overall?