PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Hot List (11/16)

Scott Wright
11-15-2011, 08:11 PM

Prospect Hot List - November 16, 2011
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

princefielder28
11-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Chandler Harnish has been playing fantastic as of late, great mention!

D-Unit
11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
What round does Weeden project to?

Shane P. Hallam
11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
What round does Weeden project to?

Still all over the board. 3rd-4th would be my guess right now. The talent is obvious, he is NFL ready, but age and upside an issue. I wouldn't be overly surprised if a team just goes for him in the 2nd round if he has a good offseason though.

BuddyCHRIST
11-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I just don't buy Weeden, he's playing in an offense that pumps up his numbers and the age is a real big factor for me. I mean he's older than Aaron Rodgers, he should be this good. Mediocre NFL backups would dominate College at 28.

descendency
11-16-2011, 12:42 AM
I just don't buy Weeden, he's playing in an offense that pumps up his numbers and the age is a real big factor for me. I mean he's older than Aaron Rodgers, he should be this good. Mediocre NFL backups would dominate College at 28.

*cough Chris Weinke cough*

ellsy82
11-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Where do you guys view Still now? 18-35?

Shane P. Hallam
11-16-2011, 06:58 AM

I think he is a Top 50 pick right now. Probably still early 2nd, but not much separates him and the 1st round DTs in my opinion. Late 1st a strong possibility.

SolidGold
11-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Not comparing anything but size here - Harnish is listed at 6'2 220 and Barkley is listed at 6'2 220. Aaron Rodgers is 6'2 and probably 220.

I don't think Harnish's height will be that much of an issue as long as he is a legit 6'2 when he measures in at the combine. I think he should be taken in the 3rd-4th round, if Caepernick is taken in the 2nd I would not see it as a reach for Harnish to go in the third.

Shane P. Hallam
11-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Not comparing anything but size here - Harnish is listed at 6'2 220 and Barkley is listed at 6'2 220. Aaron Rodgers is 6'2 and probably 220.

I don't think Harnish's height will be that much of an issue as long as he is a legit 6'2 when he measures in at the combine. I think he should be taken in the 3rd-4th round, if Caepernick is taken in the 2nd I would not see it as a reach for Harnish to go in the third.

I agree if he is 6'2, just not sure he measures in there. We will see for sure.

bearsfan_51
11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Told already said McNutt would go in the 1st round guys. End of story.

BuddyCHRIST
11-16-2011, 12:23 PM
*cough Chris Weinke cough*

I won't argue, and it doesn't always work out. Chase Rettig is not very good. It doesn't make him less of a player but it just makes their upside ffor the next level a little lower.

A 28 year old should be alot more mature than a 21 year old, especially when it comes to film, staying out of trouble, etc. It doesn't make him any less of a college player but I just wouldn't draft him before round 5.

keylime_5
11-16-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't see how any team could take Weeden before round 5. By the time he is a one year veteran in the league (and he'll probably still have 0 games of starting experience by then depending on the situation he's in) he'll be 30 years old. Just b/c he's old doesn't mean he has a leg up in adjusting to the speed of the NFL game or reading defenses (which you don't do in OK State's offense) or mastering an NFL playbook or developing chemistry with NFL receivers or learning to throw to players who aren't incredible wide open. If my team were to pick Weeden any later than the very bottom of the draft I'd be mad.

Harnish on the other hand is a guy that QB gurus are gonna be drooling over as a mid round project. Could even see him going in round two a la Kaepernick as a raw, high upside project. Could be a great fit in a west coast offense with a few years of coaching. You would think Holmgren, Shanahan, Reid, etc. would be all over that.

keylime_5
11-16-2011, 01:15 PM

guy will be a top 15 pick IMO. No way does he not go in the top 25. Good defensive tackles always rise on draft day.

Scott Wright
11-16-2011, 01:19 PM
The tricky thing with Weeden is that his NFL career is already half over.

At what point does the investment become worthwhile?

I have heard as early as Round 2 or 3 and as late as Round 5. Personally, I think he falls to the latter end of that spectrum, but as we all know it only takes one team.

JBCX
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
The tricky thing with Weeden is that his NFL career is already half over.

At what point does the investment become worthwhile?

I have heard as early as Round 2 or 3 and as late as Round 5. Personally, I think he falls to the latter end of that spectrum, but as we all know it only takes one team.

If you can get 5-6 solid years out of him, which isn't out of the question (he'd be 33-34 at the end of that period), then isn't he worth a first round pick?

JBCX
11-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I think he is a Top 50 pick right now. Probably still early 2nd, but not much separates him and the 1st round DTs in my opinion. Late 1st a strong possibility.

How is he not a first round lock? I've watched plenty of Still, along with plenty of Brandon Thompson and Jerel Worthy, and I watched tons of Fairley and Dareus last year... and Still is clearly better than both Thompson and Worthy, and closer to Dareus and Fairley as a prospect.

Scott Wright
11-16-2011, 01:29 PM
If you can get 5-6 solid years out of him, which isn't out of the question (he'd be 33-34 at the end of that period), then isn't he worth a first round pick?

Not in my opinion. Keep in mind that the first couple years will be spent getting acclimated to the NFL and a new system, which will be very different from what he runs in college, and he could very well be in a physical decline in the last two. I think 4th or 5th Round is just right.

rawdawg
11-16-2011, 06:29 PM
How is he not a first round lock? I've watched plenty of Still, along with plenty of Brandon Thompson and Jerel Worthy, and I watched tons of Fairley and Dareus last year... and Still is clearly better than both Thompson and Worthy, and closer to Dareus and Fairley as a prospect.

I agree he's a first rounder. No way do 32 teams let him out of the first. I don't agree that he's closer to Dareus and Fairley, but at worst he's a little better than both Thompson and Worthy, all things considered.

Punisher
11-16-2011, 06:33 PM
You put most of the same prospects on this list every week. I always have to check the date to see if it's new.

Love the Pead mention though Shane!

A Perfect Score
11-16-2011, 06:38 PM
The more I see of Jonas Gray, the more I like him. I think he could be a sneaky good pick somewhere in the middle rounds. Reminds me a bit of Michael Bush at Louisville, actually.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
11-20-2011, 09:24 AM
I love me some Chandler Harnish...makes me sad though that NIU may be the best D1 football program in Illinois as of now.

wicket
11-20-2011, 09:57 AM
So is Jonas still draftable, prolly not right?

Scott Wright
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I'd be surprised if Jonas Gray is drafted now. Feel bad for the kid.