PDA

View Full Version : Who/when will knock the Packers from the ranks of the undefeated?

J-Mike88
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Their schedule, in order:

vs Tampa Bay
@ Detroit
@ NY Giants
vs Oakland
@ Kansas City
vs Chicago
vs Detroit

If they somehow win all 7 of those, they will probably face something like this:

-NFC #4, 5, or 6 (looking like Saints or Giants)
-49ers or whoever knocks them off
-Steelers, Patriots

(jvig was looking for another Packer thread... this one has been discussed nationally all week.... why not here with all these friendly Viking, Patriot, and Mets fans.)

the new jesus
11-16-2011, 07:17 PM
OMG another Packers thread? Really?

Jvig43
11-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Thank You.

jrdrylie
11-16-2011, 07:18 PM
Another Packers thread!!!!!!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50492_100673746643720_8912_n.jpg

But I'll answer anyways. Giants, Chicago, and one team in the playoffs.

J-Mike88
11-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Another Packers thread!!!!!!

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50492_100673746643720_8912_n.jpg

But I'll answer anyways. Giants, Chicago, and one team in the playoffs.
There's a purpose to this one.
Plus when we do lose, I don't want to hear Joe Fan say "I knew THAT was gonna be the team that beat them".... let's get it on record here NOW, before that happens.

I believe we lose either at Detroit, or at the Giants. We could lose both.

Lions have the cheap-shot artist..... no not Suh.
Delmas. He's taken out 2 guys that I can visibly recall, with cheap shots to the knee when the player was defenseless.

The Giants can pound the ball, can rush the passer, but also Eli is clutch.
I don't see the Packers making it thru Detroit & New York undefeated.
I will vote for the Giants here..... I hope this poll is public as I intended it to be.

jrdrylie
11-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Well Suh is a cheap shot artist too... But thank you for being a reasonable Packers fan. At least you think they have an opportunity to actually lose a game this season.

vidae
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Awwww yeah, more Packers talk! Why don't we just rename this forum GBDC?

the new jesus
11-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Awwww yeah, more Packers talk! Why don't we just rename this forum GBDC?

Why not just ignore Packers' threads rather than posting in them and bumping them up to the top of the forum?

vidae
11-16-2011, 07:48 PM
This is why. Anyone else remember this? Haha.

boa19HgenYI

MetSox17
11-16-2011, 07:52 PM
How does this guy still have thread making abilities?

jrdrylie
11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Why not just ignore Packers' threads rather than posting in them and bumping them up to the top of the forum?

If we ignored Packers threads, none of us would be able to post.

BloodBrother
11-16-2011, 07:58 PM
@ DET and @ NYG are the best chances during the season IMO. Playoffs, anything can happen

Don Vito
11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Lions on Thanksgiving.

Raiderz4Life
11-16-2011, 08:04 PM
I voted for Oakland.

the new jesus
11-16-2011, 08:18 PM
I voted for Oakland.

Homer!!!!!!!!!

soybean
11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
ugh. sigh...

these threads are like the same just stated another way.

49erNation85
11-16-2011, 08:39 PM
sf will knock them in the play offs hopefully for a big up set. With our defense we can hopefully hold them under 30 points. Will be a great NFC champ game.

Xonraider
11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
I voted for Oakland.

Is that an honest answer? I probably won't be watching much TV that day.

Raiderz4Life
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Is that an honest answer? I probably won't be watching much TV that day.

No no it wasn't. I would be satisfied with a somewhat close game. A good game from us is all I ask. A win would be borderline miraculous.

kalbears13
11-16-2011, 10:39 PM
I just want to let everyone know, if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl I will have my own thread in the Pro Football section and I will bump it every day for a whole year.

Complex
11-16-2011, 10:40 PM
The titans in the superbowl.

soybean
11-16-2011, 10:44 PM
I just want to let everyone know, if the Browns ever win the Super Bowl I will have my own thread in the Pro Football section and I will bump it every day for a whole year.

I will support you.

Jvig43
11-16-2011, 10:46 PM

And we'd all be fine about it, because we love you Kal.

sbh15
11-16-2011, 10:48 PM
i feel like their last 2 against detroit and chicago will be must win games for one of the other two to get in, so i'll go with either one of them. more likely chicago

kalbears13
11-16-2011, 10:49 PM
I will support you.

And we'd all be fine about it, because we love you Kal.

I think you guys are saying that because you know it will never happen... :(

DoughBoy
11-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I voted for the Packers because they can only beat themselves! har-de-har-har

Jvig43
11-16-2011, 10:58 PM
I could say the same thing about your statement kal!

kalbears13
11-16-2011, 11:00 PM
I could say the same thing about your statement kal!

That's what I was saying...?

tjsunstein
11-16-2011, 11:02 PM
So many haters. As if this isn't the biggest story in the NFL. No one cares if you're unhappy about the thread, stop trying to implement some kind of self importance by bitching in it instead of answering the question/moving on.

MetSox17
11-16-2011, 11:30 PM
So many haters.

Of course, that's what it is! Why didn't we come to that conclusion earlier?

BloodBrother
11-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Packers are the best team in football which means by pretty much every other fan base they'll be hated. That's what happens when you are at the top. No question a lot of you are hoping they will get knocked down at some point. Happens every year in every sport. This is nothing new

although some of you come off as simply downright angry which is hilarious

soybean
11-17-2011, 02:14 AM
hahahah WOOWWWOWOW! you packer fans are so f***ing self righteous it's ridiculous.

BloodBrother
11-17-2011, 02:24 AM
Is that so? That is what you got from my post? WOWOW is right

yo123
11-17-2011, 02:24 AM
This board is slowly turning into the youtube comments section. :(

BloodBrother
11-17-2011, 02:29 AM
not enough posts in all caps

prock
11-17-2011, 02:31 AM
Not sure I remember the last time I've seen jvig post a productive comment.

Anyway, I think the Giants have the best match up with the Packers, but I have a gut feeling that the Lions will take it to em on Thanksgiving. It really depends on how the 9ers keep doing. The 49ers have 5 games left in their division, and they will probably win one of their games against the Ravens or Steelers. If the 9ers go 14-2 like they should be able to, the Pack will have to keep winning to keep home field and won't be able to rest their starters in those final two games.

Caddy
11-17-2011, 02:39 AM
Tampa will beat them handily this week.

J-Mike88
11-17-2011, 05:55 AM
He's a helluva lot better than MetSox is. That guy's (or gal, with the amount of complaining, can't assume that ain't a she) gotta have a lot of life problems to get so rattled over anything on a message board like this.

Lions lead the Giants.....

The Giants are very interesting..... in 2007, they had 2 cracks to stop the Patriots. They also played the Packers in the regular season, and the Cowboys of course twice in that regular season. Those 3 teams were the best in football.
Until the playoffs. The Giants beat all 3 of them then.

This year, the Giants will have played the Packers, Patiots, and 49ers.... in the regular season. Ironic?

With young Eli running the Coughlin ship, you can never count them out in the post-season.

Brent
11-17-2011, 06:19 AM
He's a helluva lot better than MetSox is. That guy's (or gal, with the amount of complaining, can't assume that ain't a she) gotta have a lot of life problems to get so rattled over anything on a message board like this.
an ad hominem is the best way to make people care about anything you have to say.

Razor
11-17-2011, 06:21 AM
I think you guys are saying that because you know it will never happen... :(

It could. I'll trade you Tom Brady for your first and second round picks in 2012 and 2013. Let the era of Ryan Mallett begin!

jrdrylie
11-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Packers are the best team in football which means by pretty much every other fan base they'll be hated. That's what happens when you are at the top. No question a lot of you are hoping they will get knocked down at some point. Happens every year in every sport. This is nothing new

although some of you come off as simply downright angry which is hilarious

It isn't anger or jealousy. It is the fact that in a 10 minute span, there were three new Packer threads. And we don't like how as soon as the Packers won, all these new Packers fans came out of the wood work and started trolling the board with (OMGZZZ the Packers are the greatest team in the history of ever). If we could just ban 90% of the Packets fans that joined since the Super Bowl (you won't miss them, they are bandwagon jumpers) and limit Jmike to two new threads a month, it would be just fine.

Jvig43
11-17-2011, 09:06 AM

Anyway, I think the Giants have the best match up with the Packers, but I have a gut feeling that the Lions will take it to em on Thanksgiving. It really depends on how the 9ers keep doing. The 49ers have 5 games left in their division, and they will probably win one of their games against the Ravens or Steelers. If the 9ers go 14-2 like they should be able to, the Pack will have to keep winning to keep home field and won't be able to rest their starters in those final two games.

Don't you have some fake deleted scene from euro trip to post in the random discussion thread? I'm sure everyone's much more interested in that then my productive posting.

A Perfect Score
11-17-2011, 09:10 AM
I thought we talked about taking away J-Mike's thread starting powers? Come now, this is why I should be a moderator.

Nobody gives a flying **** about the Packers. Stop making threads.

...(I voted for Detroit, I think they're the only team on the list that can keep up with Green Bay's offense).

the new jesus
11-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Nobody gives a flying **** about the Packers. Stop making threads.

...(I voted for Detroit, I think they're the only team on the list that can keep up with Green Bay's offense).

Irony much?

Sloopy
11-17-2011, 09:25 AM
This board is slowly turning into the youtube comments section. :(

I hear you :( not cool

I just can't wait until the Pack doesn't win the SB and we can stop hearing about this ****.

It's like years of pent up angst since the favre era is all coming out now because they won one SB since their last one over a decade ago.

Smooth Criminal
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
They have a couple hard games left, some on the road. I just can't picturing them losing a regular season game unless they rest starters.

Best chance I see if i had to pick one is @NY

Sloopy
11-17-2011, 09:31 AM
Can I predict 2 losses? At least one @Det and another being either the other Det game or TB

BloodBrother
11-17-2011, 09:33 AM
It isn't anger or jealousy. It is the fact that in a 10 minute span, there were three new Packer threads. And we don't like how as soon as the Packers won, all these new Packers fans came out of the wood work and started trolling the board with (OMGZZZ the Packers are the greatest team in the history of ever). If we could just ban 90% of the Packets fans that joined since the Super Bowl (you won't miss them, they are bandwagon jumpers) and limit Jmike to two new threads a month, it would be just fine.

Fine with me. The Packer fans on this board get lumped together with 2-3 certain posters/trolls who bog things down.

Rosebud
11-17-2011, 09:42 AM
an ad hominem is the best way to make people care about anything you have to say.

Especially with some healthy misogyny mixed in.

Rosebud
11-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Fine with me. The Packer fans on this board get lumped together with 2-3 certain posters/trolls who bog things down.

It doesn't help that the majority of packers fans that exist in real life are as bad as RL Steelers fans.

vidae
11-17-2011, 10:37 AM

If anyone deserves that luxury, it's you Kallybear. I might just sticky it for you.

bantx
11-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Suh SMASH!!

Rosebud
11-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I really think the Bears will snag that week 16 game. Just a gut feeling since the bears have the dominant defenders in place to really slow down that packers offense enough to give them a shot. If Matt Forte can help the Bears eat the clock on offense and the OL stays not terrible enough to keep Jay Cutler alive, they can pull it off and for some reason i think they will.

EDIT: I just hope it's not the giants in the regular season. I'd rather go into any playoff matchup with the Packers with us being the team pissed off about a close loss in the regular season than that being the other way around. Kinda how the giants lost a really tight game against the Pats at the end of the 07 regular season.

brat316
11-17-2011, 02:30 PM
It doesn't help that the majority of packers fans that exist in real life are as bad as RL Steelers fans.

Haters gonna hate.

Everyone hates the top dog, Steelers ahve so many superbowl rings and trophies we had to give the last SB to GB.

J-Mike88
11-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Nobody gives a flying **** about the Packers.
Really?
Congratulations.
You've now participated in another Packers thread that you don't give a flying **** about.
Well done sir. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmecl1RL6V1qbcq69.gif

DoughBoy
11-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Don't start bitching about Packers fans being the worst fans on here. The minute the offseaon rolls around we will have 15 new threads about Josh Freeman is the best QB since Joe Montana..

A Perfect Score
11-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Really?
Congratulations.
You've now participated in another Packers thread that you don't give a flying **** about.
Well done sir. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmecl1RL6V1qbcq69.gif

Maybe I care about the Lions. Did you ever think of that?

J-Mike88
11-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Don't start bitching about Packers fans being the worst fans on here. The minute the offseaon rolls around we will have 15 new threads about Josh Freeman is the best QB since Joe Montana..
Good call.... where have all of those Freeman fans gone this year? London?
Maybe I care about the Lions. Did you ever think of that?
No I didn't think of that.

prock
11-18-2011, 06:03 AM

Meh, it's debatable. Last year it was teh injuriezzzzz, this isn't a first transgression.

TitleTown088
11-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Why isn't Injuriez and option in the poll? lol.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
I really think the Bears will snag that week 16 game. Just a gut feeling since the bears have the dominant defenders in place to really slow down that packers offense enough to give them a shot. If Matt Forte can help the Bears eat the clock on offense and the OL stays not terrible enough to keep Jay Cutler alive, they can pull it off and for some reason i think they will.

EDIT: I just hope it's not the giants in the regular season. I'd rather go into any playoff matchup with the Packers with us being the team pissed off about a close loss in the regular season than that being the other way around. Kinda how the giants lost a really tight game against the Pats at the end of the 07 regular season.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Giants are hardly locks for the playoffs, buddy.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 11:50 AM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Giants are hardly locks for the playoffs, buddy.

Holy ****, JBCX had something that's not completely wrong and ******** to say! GOOD JOB SPECIAL BUDDY! Hey everyone look, JBCX said something that isn't blatantly wrong! High fives all around! You deserve a special treat for a special wittle guy!...

...maybe next time your comment can be not obviously wrong and pertaining to the thing you quote...but don't beat yourself up, baby steps bro, baby steps. We all have faith in you and you just need to ignore that big mean BeerBaron with all of his reason, truths and general knowledge of WTF he's talking about let you get upset with yourself. You might not ever be able to be a real poster but goshdarnit you're doing the best with what god chose to curse you with.

Canadian_draft_fan
11-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Chicago is playing well and with that rivalry strong I think the Bears pull off the upset @ Lambeau. I hate the Bears but I think they catch the Packers napping a bit after clinching the division & home field advantage.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:14 PM
No I didn't think of that.

It's ok, you were probably too busy starting a thread about the Packers to think about it.

J-Mike88
11-18-2011, 04:51 PM
It's ok, you were probably too busy starting a thread about the Packers to think about it.
And the JOKE OF THE YEAR AWARD goes to........
http://i54.tinypic.com/257ddi0.jpg

Look, most people think the Lions are going to be the ones who knock the Packers from the ranks of the undefeated.

Where are all those Bucs fans from the off-season?

I still got the Giants in the poll, but I admit the Lions could easily win. A lot depends on what cheap shots Delmas gets in.

thebow305
11-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Lions on Turkey Day!

jayceheathman
11-19-2011, 12:24 AM
The Houston Texans in the Super Bowl. :)

SubNoize
11-19-2011, 12:44 AM
OMG another Packers thread? Really?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Solidus/Comic1/East/congratulations____by_ren128.jpg

bucfan12
11-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I think the Packers will ;lose once this season, but certainly it won't be to the Tampa Bay Succaneers.

the new jesus
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Short week and then @ Detroit. Big divisional game.

JBCX
11-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Gotta be the Raiders.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 04:02 PM
They will be the first team to knock of the Packers this year in the regular season.

http://www.markitmusic.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mark-my-words-logo.jpg

yo123
11-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Gotta be the Raiders.

Someone didn't watch the Raiders today.

BaLLiN
11-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Someone didn't watch the Raiders today.

run DMC might make a difference.

If anyone is equipped to beat the packers its the Giants. The Raiders and Detroit both are very good chances, but they've lost their fire it seems.

IMO, If you want to beat the packers you need corners who can play press man and at the same time be able to get pressure with only your front four and one extra blitzer/QB spy. Rodgers in that offense with his savvy is unreal and he goes through his reads and gets the ball out so quickly that playing zone will still kill you because he allows his receivers the opportunity to catch the ball and run in space.

Playing man press is very risky but it doesn't allow for easy completitons (unless someone completely gets beat).

J-Mike88
11-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I have a suspicion the Lions could score 42 on the Packers defense Thursday.

Also, that's a nasty, mean, dirty defense that will cause some problems for Rodgers, perhaps.
If they don't injure him, I expect some huge plays to Jordy, Jennings, and especially J-Mike.
But I think they can cause a few errors/turnovers from the MVP.

I will be betting on the Lions this week if the odds straightup are +150 or better.

The Packers defense, this just in, is no better than an average defense. Against real good QBs, they won't get the 2, 3 interceptions that we live on against the Newtons, Ponders, Ortons, Rivers, Freemans, etc.

Block Captain-DirtyDot
11-24-2011, 09:08 PM
16 people wrong so far. I think another 13 will be wrong come next week.

Undefeated Super Bowl season here we come!

Bulldogs
11-25-2011, 02:04 AM
16 people wrong so far. I think another 13 will be wrong come next week.

Undefeated Super Bowl season here we come!

Wtf? You really need to stop making accounts the new jesus.

whatadai
11-25-2011, 02:50 AM
Lions have the cheap-shot artist..... no not Suh.

Well Suh is a cheap shot artist too...

LOL. It's official, Suh is a dirty player...his demeanor doesn't excuse his dirty play anymore, but I'd still want him on the Raiders cause he'd be perfect for us.

Rosebud
11-25-2011, 09:00 AM
*shrug* always thought Detroit had a better chance of winning week 17 when they could easily have their season on the line while GB either already has a loss or has homefield wrapped up.

WCH
11-25-2011, 09:20 AM
*shrug* always thought Detroit had a better chance of winning week 17 when they could easily have their season on the line while GB either already has a loss or has homefield wrapped up.

After the Lions went out and played like thugs yesterday, I don't think there's much chance that Green Bay takes their foot off the gas against Detroit. Especially if they have a chance to keep Detroit out of the playoffs.

I think it's more likely that they lose to Chicago, the Giants, Oakland, and to anybody who makes the playoffs. The Lions just became Public Enemy #1 in the state of Wisconsin.

sbh15
11-25-2011, 01:00 PM
i don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but when packers fans are constantly posting these threads, it probably doesn't help their case to title it something wildly unnecessary and overdone like the title of this thread. it just makes you come off as a bragging douchebag. why the hell doesn't this just say "who, if anyone, will beat green bay"

whatadai
11-25-2011, 02:15 PM
i don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but when packers fans are constantly posting these threads, it probably doesn't help their case to title it something wildly unnecessary and overdone like the title of this thread. it just makes you come off as a bragging douchebag. why the hell doesn't this just say "who, if anyone, will beat green bay"

Anyone would say the same thing if their team is undefeated for this long. Stop being jealous.

sbh15
11-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Anyone would say the same thing if their team is undefeated for this long. Stop being jealous.

what would i be jealous of? i'm not even a fan of any specific nfl team. i'm just saying that considering the amount of **** people give packers fans here for starting threads, it might help to not come off like a douche when they do start them. i have no problem with this thread, just a general observation, because people around here seem to hate packers fans

J-Mike88
11-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Wow so sensitive. .....
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/1/128883887014682189.jpg

Str8 Killa
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
29 people wrong so far.

J-Mike88
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
29 people wrong so far.
including me. i did take the 7 points though on the wager, and won.

who is sbh15? where are you now?

vidae
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM
sbh was right. The title of this thread is super douchey.

Sloopy
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM
The fact that Str8 bumped this thread with a similar countdown to BCDD who is definitely TNJ... means we should ban him right?

JBCX
12-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I still think it's going to be Oakland next week.

Something flukey will happen.

vidae
12-05-2011, 12:28 PM
The same Oakland team that almost got shutout by the Dolphins? They're the team that is going to beat the 12-0 Packers?

C'mon son!

RaiderNation
12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
NFC championship game against Atlanta. You heard it here first.

yodabear
12-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I voted for the Missouri team!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it will be the Saints or Giants in playoffs!

TimmG6376
12-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I think that last game of the season vs Detroit is the one they need to watch out for. Detroit could be fighting for their playoff lives. Packers could have home field locked up. Does McCarthy really risk putting Rodgers out there against an angry Suh with nothing to gain?

bantx
12-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Is a perfect season worth getting Rodgers banged up before the playoffs

BloodBrother
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
they'll have a bye week for recovery. He hasn't really gotten banged up, either. He's taken hits, but that's going to happen anyway

Complex
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
NFC championship game against Atlanta. You heard it here first.

The same falcons that couldn't beat TJ Yates?

Rosebud
12-05-2011, 01:11 PM
I think that last game of the season vs Detroit is the one they need to watch out for. Detroit could be fighting for their playoff lives. Packers could have home field locked up. Does McCarthy really risk putting Rodgers out there against an angry Suh with nothing to gain?

I dunno. If you're going to go 15-0 and you have the chance to knock a division rival that's a scrappy upstart and already played you really dirty before...I dunno, it's really tempting. If you're 15-0 I say go for it, crush the lions and not just because it helps the giants. I like teams going for an undefeated season I was rooting for the pats all of the way until the superbowl in 2007 and outside of this past game I kinda hope the Packers try and go for undefeated.

TimmG6376
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
I dunno. If you're going to go 15-0 and you have the chance to knock a division rival that's a scrappy upstart and already played you really dirty before...I dunno, it's really tempting. If you're 15-0 I say go for it, crush the lions and not just because it helps the giants. I like teams going for an undefeated season I was rooting for the pats all of the way until the superbowl in 2007 and outside of this past game I kinda hope the Packers try and go for undefeated.

I could see McCarthy giving him the chance, but if the o-line looks leaky and the team doesn't look right he could pull him.

Could also be a chance for McCarthy to light a fire under the defense. Basically put the opportunity for an undefeated season on their shoulders without Rodgers to bail them out.

whatadai
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Oakland will do it cause Rodgers will get injured.

BloodBrother
12-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Packers will definitely go for it. They won't pull the weak crap that Caldwell did in 2009. McCarthy already has a plan in place regarding the chances of going unbeaten. Said he'll openly discuss it with the media once the Packers accomplish their more important goals first(Win division, secure a bye/HFA)

J-Mike88
12-06-2011, 08:06 PM
The same Oakland team that almost got shutout by the Dolphins? They're the team that is going to beat the 12-0 Packers?
You know better than that V.

In the NFL, from week-to-week, A+B rarely equals C.
The Saints scored 60 points in week 7. The next week, in a climate-controlled dome in St Louis, against the pathetic 0-7, sucking-for-Luck Rams, Brees and the Saints were battered and beaten.

Rodgers and the Packers lost 2 years ago, in Lambeau, to Carson Palmer and the Bengals.
Last year, Rodgers only loss at home was to Chad Sugar Henne and the crappy Dolphins.
The Raaaaaai-daz would fit that strange trend. Nothing in the NFL surprises me anymore.

Also, some parallels with the 1998 Broncos here.
Both them and these Packers were Super Bowl champions and started the season winning their first 13 games.
That's when Denver went to Kansas City and lost as a heavy-favorite.
If the Packers beat Oakland, will it be deja-vu?

Ness
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
That's when Denver went to Kansas City and lost as a heavy-favorite.
If the Packers beat Oakland, will it be deja-vu?

No, it was the 5-8 New York Giants that beat them first in 1998.

vidae
12-18-2011, 04:05 PM
I voted Chiefs. Who else was SMART enough to vote Chiefs with me?!

MetSox17
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM
I too voted Chiefs.

vidae
12-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Just you and me Metsox.

jEy6MGu3bIA

J-Mike88
12-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I voted Chiefs. Who else was SMART enough to vote Chiefs with me?!
Brilliant!
But did you bet on them today at +950?

I'm happy for Kyle Orton, and I can tell Rodgers respects Orton too. I think Orton got effed over a couple of times. He's better than quite a few QBs playing these days.
Hell, he was better than Rodgers today.

vidae
12-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Orton does something that Cassel doesn't.. go through his progressions. It looked like we had an actual QB playing out there today and it was a great change of pace to our usual garbage.

Good game though. I never thought we had a shot, and I really wanted the Pack to run the table.

ChiFan24
12-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I voted for the Chiefs like a minute ago. I'm pretty smart.

HawkeyeFan
12-18-2011, 06:16 PM
@Chiefs.. now that I finally voted ;)

JBCX
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I'm frankly shocked that the Chiefs pulled it off.

What was different about Rodgers today? Does the lack of Greg Jenning affect him that much?

TimmG6376
12-18-2011, 08:59 PM

What was different about Rodgers today? Does the lack of Greg Jenning affect him that much?

Chiefs gave the offensive line problems from the start and when Rodgers did find the open guy they couldn't make the catch. Then both Bulaga and Sherrod went down leading to a shuffle along the offensive line. After that the flood gates opened and Rodgers just couldn't get anything going.

I was screaming for the no huddle as that seems to get them in rhythm, but didn't go to it until 4 mins left. I guess McCarthy may have been reluctant to go no huddle with so many changes up front.

JBCX
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
But they've dealt with offensive line injuries before this season without any slowdown. Don't they still have Marshall Newhouse?

TimmG6376
12-18-2011, 09:11 PM
But they've dealt with offensive line injuries before this season without any slowdown. Don't they still have Marshall Newhouse?

Newhouse started out pretty well but has been pedestrian recently. After Bulaga and Sherrod went down the offensive line looked like this:

Newhouse Dietrich-Smith Wells Sitton Lang

Dietrich-Smith is woeful and Lang had played LG all season. I don't think he's taken many snaps at tackle all year.

Basileus777
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
The Chiefs rushed four and got pressure on Rodgers, and the Packers receivers struggled to get separation from the Chiefs corners who were playing press man most of the game. Without Jennings they were able to roll coverage towards Nelson, and while Finley had plenty of opportunities, he dropped a bunch of balls. The Chiefs played nickle or dime over 85% of the snaps and the Packers never really took advantage of that by running the ball.

And the Packers defense was horrible outside of the red zone and was unable to keep the Chiefs offense off of the field, limiting the amount of possessions Green Bay's offense got.

Iamcanadian
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM

It is called a trap game. The worst thing that could happen to GB was having to play a team they couldn't take seriously and that is how GB's players played. They had no emotion while it was like the Super Bowl for KC. I don't think Jennings would have made 1 bit of difference.

J-Mike88
12-18-2011, 09:22 PM
It is called a trap game. The worst thing that could happen to GB was having to play a team they couldn't take seriously and that is how GB's players played. They had no emotion while it was like the Super Bowl for KC. I don't think Jennings would have made 1 bit of difference.
That's all true, but for sure Jennings would have made some, if not a big, difference.

Tamba Hali abused Marshall Newhouse.
Our defense flatout sucks, and turnovers are often lucky. You don't get gift interceptions by the bunches from good QBs like Brees, Brady, etc. Orton gave us 3 ints earlier this year with Denver, but none today. Our defense doesn't get stops, only turnovers. When no turnovers, it means long drives, even if they only produced field goals usually.

One bizarre thing today was that the back ref flagged Jordy Nelson for offensive pass interference for "push offs", twice. And replays showed there was really nothing there at all. Certainly nothing worth calling penalties on.
I think that one particular zebra had money on KC.

Other than that, the Chiefs defense just showed the blueprint on how do beat us.

TimmG6376
12-18-2011, 09:25 PM
That's all true, but for sure Jennings would have made some, if not a big, difference.

Our defense flatout sucks, and turnovers are often lucky. You don't get gift interceptions by the bunches from good QBs like Brees, Brady, etc. Orton gave us 3 ints earlier this year with Denver, but none today. Our defense doesn't get stops, only turnovers. When no turnovers, it means long drives, even if they only produced field goals usually.

One bizarre thing today was that the back ref flagged Jordy Nelson for offensive pass interference for "push offs", twice. And replays showed there was really nothing there at all. Certainly nothing worth calling penalties on.

Other than that, the Chiefs defense just showed the blueprint on how do beat us.

The first one was a little ticky tack but I could see why he was flagged. I didn't see anything on the second one to warrant a flag.

I read somewhere the Chiefs asked the refs to watch for the push off today.

Iamcanadian
12-18-2011, 09:28 PM

Don't agree, GB simply had nothing in the tank and it is hard to beat anybody when you are not up for a game. It is hard to get turnovers on the best of days, but when a team is flat, it is almost impossible to force a turnover.

J-Mike88
12-19-2011, 07:39 AM
Don't agree, GB simply had nothing in the tank and it is hard to beat anybody when you are not up for a game. It is hard to get turnovers on the best of days, but when a team is flat, it is almost impossible to force a turnover.
What do you mean you don't agree? With what?
So we just "were out of gas, no fuel left in the tank'?

Actually, we were just out-played, and out-coached believe it or not.
Bad pass protection, bad routes, bad catches, some poor throws, bad play-calling. That's on offense.
On defense, horse crap all the way around. Never touched Orton. Zero sacks. Whereas Rodgers was hit almost every pass, seriously, and sacked 4 or 5 times, Orton was never sacked. Tamba Hali was Lawrence Taylor yesterday compared to Clay being.... well.... Frank Zombo.

So all our guys were just "out of gas"? That's basically an excuse really. They beat us for many reasons.

BloodBrother
12-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Many reasons, for one...they were a lot more physical than GB up front on both sides. Had long, time consuming drives and didn't have any turnovers

tjsunstein
12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
This loss is actually better for the Packers than a win would have been, aside from injuries. They needed to lose to a team like the Chiefs.

jrdrylie
12-20-2011, 11:29 AM
This loss is actually better for the Packers than a win would have been, aside from injuries. They needed to lose to a team like the Chiefs.

I don't care how people try to spin it, this is just complete garbage. A loss is almost never better for the team than a win. The only way a loss could be better than a win is if it keeps a dangerous team out of the playoffs.

An example would be if the 49ers were playing the Seahawks the last week of the season (they aren't). If they beat that team, the Lions get into the playoffs. If they lose that game, the Seahawks get in. Obviously, you would much rather face the Seahawks than the Lions in the playoffs, so losing actually would be better. Other than that, losing is NEVER better than winning.

edit: I'm talking about good teams. Teams like the Vikings and Rams losing right now is good because it could give them a better draft pick.

BradysKnee
12-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Just you and me Metsox.

jEy6MGu3bIA

I called it too. lol

J-Mike88
12-20-2011, 03:41 PM
I don't care how people try to spin it, this is just complete garbage. A loss is almost never better for the team than a win. The only way a loss could be better than a win is if it keeps a dangerous team out of the playoffs.
It's actually been debated this week by former coaches and players, as well as journalists.

Some see each side of that argument, so neither side is complete "garbage" as you'd like to call the other side.

The Packers lost to Tampa Bay 2 years ago midway thru the year to fall to 4-4, and as it turns out, that embarrassing loss pissed off the team and sparked them.

This loss won't spark anything, but it might force the defense to step it up now that their getting carved up by a crappy QB and awful offense actually did cost them a game. For once, the QB didn't bail them out.

The only thing is, the offensive line got demolished, and injured, so who knows what happens there.... but the schitty defense finally realizes, they have to, that they can't keep playing like girls and have the offense always bail them out.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7371855/what-does-green-bay-packers-loss-mean-just-guessing

I believe these are all things that we attach meaning to in hindsight, after we know the outcome. If the Packers win it all, we will all talk about how losing to the Chiefs was the best thing that could have happened to them and list all the reasons why. Heck, even some players may say that, but the truth is that nobody really knows for sure.

The only effects of Sunday's loss that I believe in are the tangible ones. For one, the Packers will have to take a long look at why they struggled against the Chiefs and what they need to correct. That is valuable because it is better to make those corrections now than after a playoff loss.

BloodBrother
12-21-2011, 04:17 AM
No loss is a good loss, period. With that said, this will at least end any "perfect season" talks and the packers can now just focus on the main goal, which is to win the SB. They are still in the drivers seat for the top seed and they have been great at home(40 ppg with 18 ppg against)

perfect season was a nice bonus to the season but now its over. Their OL injuries aren't really a big deal come playoff time(when things matter most). They lost Sherrod for the year but he was their #4 tackle anyway...not a huge loss. Clifton is set to practice this week and Bulaga's injury didn't look serious at all and McCarthy said as much the other day. If they need him to rest or just be cautious he has the next 3 weeks. When the divisional round starts, they'll have their OL back to full health + having the depth needed. JEnnings will be back to

they need to sew up the top seed still though. That isn't guaranteed yet but I expect them to win this Sunday vs a Bears team with McCown at QB and no Forte

J-Mike88
12-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Looking ahead, the Packers will probably be hosting Dallas/NYG, or maybe Detroit in that first divisional game.

DeMarcus Ware or Jason Pierre-Paul.... I sure hope Clifton is ready, but I have my doubts. Still, I think an 80% Chad is better than Newhouse. Have to protect Rodgers' blind side better, as he is the whole offense.

JBCX
12-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Looking ahead, the Packers will probably be hosting Dallas/NYG, or maybe Detroit in that first divisional game.

DeMarcus Ware or Jason Pierre-Paul.... I sure hope Clifton is ready, but I have my doubts. Still, I think an 80% Chad is better than Newhouse. Have to protect Rodgers' blind side better, as he is the whole offense.

It's going to be the Lions in the first round.

Jvig43
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Yeah **** you all you smug ass hats who made this thread. KC knocked you in the regular season and then you pussed out 1 and done in the post season. Eat it

Crazy_Chris
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
TNJ is somewhere crying right now.

PoopSandwich
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
J-Mike 88 is gonna make 400 threads about this game.

Jvig43
01-15-2012, 07:00 PM

Best game ever played by a losing team! In NFL history.

PoopSandwich
01-15-2012, 07:03 PM
Best game ever played by a losing team! In NFL history.

Thats one out of the way, 399 to go.

crossroads
01-15-2012, 07:12 PM

"Are the 2011 Packers the best team to not make a Super Bowl?"

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Love how non-Packers complain about how many Packers threads there are in the NFL forum and then the first thing they do when we can all finally move on is create and/or bump threads about them. ;)