PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb's role in the Cardinals win over the Eagles

D-Unit
11-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Kevin Kolb(notes) didn't suit up for the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, but he played a key role in the team's upset victory over his former team, the Philadelphia Eagles.

The injured Cardinals quarterback, who was traded from Philadelphia in the offseason, was able to recognize some of Michael Vick's(notes) play-calls during the game and relay that information to his defensive teammates.

Kolb told 94 WIP:

"During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty. Mike's sitting there giving the signals, and I'm standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, 'Hey it's a go ball, hey he's running a screen, hey he's running a slant.' [...]

"How much of an effect do I really have? I'm screaming to one guy. He may hear me, he may not. Luckily for us at that point [presumably the two-minute drill at the end], the crowd was pretty dead and some of our guys could maybe hear it."

I like the cut of Kolb's jib. He's boasting and reveling, but not taking excessive credit. He knows he didn't throw the touchdown passes or catch said throws or make Vick's passes go directly into the hands of defenders or throw a Saturday hissy-fit like DeSean Jackson(notes) or call plays that ignored LeSean McCoy(notes) for the majority of the fourth quarter. All he's saying is that he was able to give a little insider intel that could possibly have helped and certainly could have been avoided. Nothing more, nothing less.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Kolb-was-calling-out-Eagles-8217-plays-to-his-?urn=nfl-wp11964

What do you think? Cool? Uncool? Happens all the time, this is nothing? What?

jrdrylie
11-16-2011, 08:27 PM
It's kind of a douche move. But maybe change up your signs when you are playing against your former starting QB. Every other team would do the same thing.

SickwithIt1010
11-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Im an Eagles fan and I think its fine, I would prolly be doing the same thing. Whatever it takes to win, if you can help your team do that....more power to ya.

MetSox17
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sure it happens all the time, i don't know if i would have done an interview admitting it, but yeah. At least he did something to earn the money he stole from them this past off-season.

gpngc
This is why the Jets and Patriots always try to sign guys away from each other.

brat316
Happens all the time, its nothing. Smart team change signals.

shylo3716
11-16-2011, 08:31 PM
It's part of the game.... No different then you encountering a new female & coming across a person you know or met who happened to mess with her before you. You are going to try & pick his brain to get the rundown on her before you set yourself up for failure.

No different in my book.

scottyboy
11-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Barry Cofield called the play in the giants-skins game to Kerrigan knowing McKenzie would try and cut block him on the screen. Kerrigan backed off, tipped the ball and picked it. As a giants fan, I was more pissed that we still had the same audibles/signs as we did a year ago that Cofield could pick up on and tell his team mates

tjsunstein
11-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Anything to win, there's no problem with it. The only problem here is not changing anything.

fenikz
11-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Kolb did nothing wrong, Reid is just a ****** who didnt change his signals even when he knew that Kolb would be sitting on the sideline all game

Thecollegedropout
11-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Kolb is making a crud load of money he probably doesn't deserve so he's at least trying to make up for it to the Cards and their fans with this stuff.

yo123
11-17-2011, 02:46 AM
I can't believe anyone would blame Kolb for this.

Just make a slight adjustment to the signs for this game. It's not hard.

MetSox17
11-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Just make a slight adjustment to the signs for this game. It's not hard.

When Michael Vick is your quarterback, i'm not sure it's that easy.