PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Washington, OL, Miami (FL)

gpngc
11-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Going over some Quinton Coples tape, this kid stood out. He's a little raw and may be best suited as a guard but he held his own at LT and flashed a lot of potential. Goes 6'4" 320. Might struggle with speed rushers (Miami fans?), but his hands are really good and he's naturally quick for his size and powerful. Impressed.

jared3
11-16-2011, 10:21 PM
I like Brandon Washington a lot too. He has good feet, size, agility, and toughness for the man of his size. I am not sure if he is going to come out though. I would think he is a 3rd rounder this year if he does declare.

Saints-Tigers
11-16-2011, 10:47 PM
I like him, he's extremely talented, would love him in NO. We have done a good job drafting linemen in NO lately, but we need to go to that more.

princefielder28
11-16-2011, 10:54 PM
In the Virginia game Cam Johnson had a really good game going up against Washington...I have Johnson as a first round caliber player so I can't blame Washington for not having an exceptional game and you can see the talent is there when he plays.

RCSooner
11-16-2011, 10:54 PM
I think Washington is best suited for offensive guard and should be picked somewhere in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Seantrel Henderson could be a first round pick for 2013 though.

thebow305
11-16-2011, 11:15 PM
One of my favorite prospects for the draft and not just because I'm a Miami fan. Pretty solid footwork, strong as an ox and experience all over the offensive line. Probably best suited for the RT spot or at guard but has held his own at LT this year for us. Potential to challenge DeCastro for the top guard spot if he comes out IMO.

Punisher
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
I think Washington is best suited for offensive guard and should be picked somewhere in the 3rd or 4th rounds. Seantrel Henderson could be a first round pick for 2013 though.

I heard Seantrel has been struggling. Any Canes fan chime in on the once big recruit?

TuckNole
11-17-2011, 02:52 PM
I am not sure if he is going to come out though.

I doubt he'd come back to a team that will be lucky to win 4 games next year and is banned from post-season play.

Washington is very good. I think he is a year 1 starter in the NFL.

Miaoww
11-18-2011, 04:17 AM
I heard Seantrel has been struggling. Any Canes fan chime in on the once big recruit?

He's coming back from a bad back injury. He's looked dominant at times when on the field, he is after all a huge man, but he's playing in a rotation. Next year is his make or break year I think.

RWills
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
One of my favorite prospects for the draft and not just because I'm a Miami fan. Pretty solid footwork, strong as an ox and experience all over the offensive line. Probably best suited for the RT spot or at guard but has held his own at LT this year for us. Potential to challenge DeCastro for the top guard spot if he comes out IMO.

Little Bias here, I am a Miami fan, but in now way does any OG challenge DeCastro, he is a legit top 20 prospect. I have Cordy, Osemele and Barrett Jones rated over Washington....IMO he is a 3rd rounder...similar to Carpenter who suprised many going round 1

thebow305
11-18-2011, 11:28 PM
He's coming back from a bad back injury. He's looked dominant at times when on the field, he is after all a huge man, but he's playing in a rotation. Next year is his make or break year I think.

This. Couldn't have said it any better.

thebow305
11-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Little Bias here, I am a Miami fan, but in now way does any OG challenge DeCastro, he is a legit top 20 prospect. I have Cordy, Osemele and Barrett Jones rated over Washington....IMO he is a 3rd rounder...similar to Carpenter who suprised many going round 1

Agree to disagree.

Duffman57
11-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Agree to disagree.

I see him as a mid second rounder, as a OG, behind DeCastro (who i'm still unsure if he's as good as people think he is), Barrett Jones, Warmack, Glenn, and maybe Kelechi Osemele, depending on how he looks in the Sr. Bowl/Shrine game.

He's a VERY good prospect, but this class is STACKED at OG.

brat316
02-23-2012, 10:59 PM
He is sneaking into the first round.

Finsfan79
02-23-2012, 11:39 PM
He will be a solid guard, could play some Right tackle from what I saw of him over the years. I wish he didnt get hurt and could of developed some more.

TACKLE
02-23-2012, 11:43 PM
He is sneaking into the first round.

I think we see either him, Zeitler or Silatolu sneak in. Not sure which one though.

SenorGato
02-24-2012, 12:01 AM
Yeah he's going to be a good guard. I like him more than Zeitler, but that's probably just preference.

GaMeTiMe
02-24-2012, 12:50 AM
How many interior linemen are going to be drafted in the first 2 rounds?

David DeCastro
Cordy Glenn
Kelechi Osemele
Kevin Zeitler
Amini Silatolu
Brandon Washington
Peter Konz
Michael Brewster

..8? Really?

You'd really have to think at least one guy takes a tumble but it's a strong position in a weak overall class and it really looks like there's room for all of them in the top-64

brat316
02-24-2012, 08:19 AM
One probably will fall, but also remember every other year there is always a run on some position.

Iamcanadian
02-24-2012, 08:41 AM

David DeCastro
Cordy Glenn
Kelechi Osemele
Kevin Zeitler
Amini Silatolu
Brandon Washington
Peter Konz
Michael Brewster

..8? Really?

You'd really have to think at least one guy takes a tumble but it's a strong position in a weak overall class and it really looks like there's room for all of them in the top-64

Solid list till I got to Michael Brewster. No way he goes early in the draft, He couldn't even anchor against a pass rush at the Senior Bowl and they only get tougher from here on in.

gpngc
02-24-2012, 11:15 AM

David DeCastro
Cordy Glenn
Kelechi Osemele
Kevin Zeitler
Amini Silatolu
Brandon Washington
Peter Konz
Michael Brewster

..8? Really?

Glenn and Washington could both be drafted as RTs...

It's possible. I would guess that Brewster and Silatolu fall to the 3rd though. So 6. And 2 might be RTs. So 4. Pretty standard.

Black Bolt
02-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Deleted by me