PDA

View Full Version : Can we start taking about Von Miller

bigbuc
11-18-2011, 12:30 AM
This guy is a stud!!!! Wow... add 1 1/2 more sacks to his total for 9.5. Not even sacks the kid just makes plays everywhere on the field. I have to give Denver a shout out for using this guy in the right way. Fun player to watch.

Jimmy
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
This thread makes me so happy. We FINALLY have a guy not named champ who is actually worthy of his own thread.

TACKLE
11-18-2011, 12:37 AM
hell yeah we can start taking about Von Miller!

http://hiphopwired.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/vonmillerchicken21.jpg

MetSox17
11-18-2011, 12:39 AM
This thread makes me so happy. We FINALLY have a guy not named champ who is actually worthy of his own thread.

Elvis Dumervil?

vidae
11-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Yeah, he is a stud. Great great pick. And they're using him perfectly.

CJSchneider
11-18-2011, 12:42 AM
hell yeah we can start taking about Von Miller!

http://hiphopwired.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/vonmillerchicken21.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2292/thatsracist.gif

TACKLE
11-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I could watch this all day.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8243b48e/Broncos-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

jsa230
11-18-2011, 12:55 AM
That was just nasty. Nice form tackle, that's always good to see. I got hype when that happened. The game actually got interesting after that.

But yeah, Miller looks beastly. Denver's D looked good tonight. They should get credit for the win, put up as many tds as Timmy.

DanZilla
11-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Rookie of the year?

jsa230
11-18-2011, 12:59 AM
DROTY fo sho. Is there anybody even close, PP maybe?

niel89
11-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Y8trScwTpXA

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:02 AM

Ryan Kerrigan or JJ Watt probably are the closest in terms of DROY consideration.

jsa230
11-18-2011, 01:03 AM
ewwww, dat's nasty. Sanchez poop face at 13-15

bigbuc
11-18-2011, 01:04 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8243b48e/Broncos-defense-sack-9-yd-loss

Dude no joke this is up there with Freeney's sack in the SB two years ago as one of the more manly sacks you could see watching football.

49erNation85
11-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Aldon Smith is getting up there for dpoty too.

descendency
11-18-2011, 01:39 AM

That's just pure sick nasty.

I mean, the Von just bursts so fast that the tackle can't get proper balance and then he throws him to the ground on his way to flatten Sanchez.

My eyes almost don't even believe it.

descendency
11-18-2011, 01:40 AM

PP is a special teamer.

TACKLE
11-18-2011, 01:42 AM
PP is a special teamer.

And an excellent corner in the 2nd half of this season.

Brent
11-18-2011, 05:34 AM
How Broncos fans feel about Von Miller this year is how A&M fans felt about him two years ago.

I miss him being on a team I care about. :\

Ness
11-18-2011, 06:52 AM

Aldon Smith. But he's been quiet the last couple of weeks.

Iamcanadian
11-18-2011, 08:57 AM
You can mark Miller down for the HoF if he stays healthy. He is totally dominating and will get even better over the next 2 years. He is the reason Denver can win with a QB like Tebow but all the Tebow hype is clouding his play. He will not only be DROY but has a real shot to be DPOY. I expect him to put up between 16-20 sacks in his rookie year.
Playing for Denver will make it tough to get noticed but he's just too good to be ignored for long.

TimmG6376
11-18-2011, 09:04 AM
He is also doing this basically as a situational pass rusher right? I only got to see the end of the game last night but my understanding is that he is playing OLB in a 4-3 and being used at DE in obvious pass rush downs. Imagine if he was in a 3-4 as most people projected and getting all those opportunities to rush. Maybe I'm way off base. Admittedly haven't seen a lot of the Broncos this season.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Love Von. Didn't think he would fit in a John Fox style defense, but changes have obviously been made and he's being used perfectly. The Derrick Thomas comparison is spot on.

Iamcanadian
11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
He is also doing this basically as a situational pass rusher right? I only got to see the end of the game last night but my understanding is that he is playing OLB in a 4-3 and being used at DE in obvious pass rush downs. Imagine if he was in a 3-4 as most people projected and getting all those opportunities to rush. Maybe I'm way off base. Admittedly haven't seen a lot of the Broncos this season.

People have simply forgotten how many great pass rushing OLB's there were before the 3-4 came into existence. He plays OLB on almost every play and playing for a 3-4 team wouldn't increase his sacks one iota.

bigbuc
11-18-2011, 12:17 PM
For me this guy is up there with the Willis, Ware, Suggs of the league.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll be the first to admit I definitely underestimated him. I was worried he was going to suffer from Aaron Maybin syndrome early in his career, but man was I wrong. Obviously his explosion and hip flexibility were stuff you couldn't question, but I underestimated his technique and his strength when rushing the passer. I thought the Broncos made a mistake picking him over Dareus, but I'll happily eat crow on this one. He's a beast.

And kudos to you sir, I love the Suggs shout out. He's easily one of the most complete 3-4 OLB in the game.

vidae
11-18-2011, 12:21 PM
You can mark Miller down for the HoF if he stays healthy. He is totally dominating and will get even better over the next 2 years. He is the reason Denver can win with a QB like Tebow but all the Tebow hype is clouding his play. He will not only be DROY but has a real shot to be DPOY. I expect him to put up between 16-20 sacks in his rookie year.
Playing for Denver will make it tough to get noticed but he's just too good to be ignored for long.

Not sure if serious.

He's having a good rookie year, but you can't mark down anyone for the Hall of Fame after 11 games into their professional career.

Jesus.

Punisher
11-18-2011, 12:22 PM

I'm a Broncos fan so I appreciate all the admiration of Big Von, but he is not there yet. He will be in the next few years, but as of now he's still developing his game to the pros. He is the most explosive linebacker I have ever seen and can't wait till he reaches his full potential.

BamaFalcon59
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Broncos fans, how is Dumervil playing? Is he back to 100%? Will he get back to 100%?

CC.SD
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Not sure if serious.

He's having a good rookie year, but you can't mark down anyone for the Hall of Fame after 11 games into their professional career.

Jesus.

What about Berry?

vidae
11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
What about Berry?

Now, Berry is a lock, but we both knew that already CC! And he played an entire SEASON already, so he clearly qualifies.

Duh!

CC.SD
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Fair enough

Da-Phins
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Aldon Smith is getting up there for dpoty too.

Yeah but he isnt Von Miller.

LOL gotta love homerism sometimes. This thread is about Miller but yet a 49ers fan had to bring in his two cents about how a 49ers player is playing good.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Wow, imagine how awesome Von Miller would look playing opposite Tamba Hali, vidae.

Too bad the Chiefs didn't get the #2 overall pick last year.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 01:19 PM

LOL gotta love homerism sometimes. This thread is about Miller but yet a 49ers fan had to bring in his two cents about how a 49ers player is playing good.

How other young pass rushers from his draft class are fairing isn't entirely off base for a thread about a rookie edge guy who's palying great...

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM
How other young pass rushers from his draft class are fairing isn't entirely off base for a thread about a rookie edge guy who's palying great...

It is only because the Dolphins don't have a young edge rusher playing great. That's why it's off base. Haven't you learned how NFLDC works yet?

Da-Phins
11-18-2011, 01:23 PM
It is only because the Dolphins don't have a young edge rusher playing great. That's why it's off base. Haven't you learned how NFLDC works yet?

Well duh. If we did I wouldnt complain now would I? Get with it man! I would troll the **** out of Von Miller threads if they did.

bigbuc
11-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm a Broncos fan so I appreciate all the admiration of Big Von, but he is not there yet. He will be in the next few years, but as of now he's still developing his game to the pros. He is the most explosive linebacker I have ever seen and can't wait till he reaches his full potential.

I was saying it as he's up there in the top 10 already

Willis
Ware
Harrison
Woodley
Matthews
Suggs
Mario Williams ( I think he's a DE that doesn't put his hand down )

that's 7 I'll put in front of him.

Von Miller is already better than guys like Orakpo

TACKLE
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
clay matthews wants to be von miller when he grows up.

Timbathia
11-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Broncos fans, how is Dumervil playing? Is he back to 100%? Will he get back to 100%?

He is pretty close, but Von gets past the RT faster than Doom can get past the LT.

jth1331
11-18-2011, 03:45 PM

Dude, that last drive sack on Sanchez was the best thing I've seen all year in a football game. He is going to be an absolute monster for years and I fully will eat crow because I thought he'd be a bust for us but he sure is looking like the next Derrick Thomas/Lawrence Taylor.

FUNBUNCHER
11-18-2011, 03:53 PM

Willis
Ware
Harrison
Woodley
Matthews
Suggs

Did you have to go there??lol
So what if it's true?? O

Anyway Orakpo is a quality OLB and one of the better young edge rushers in the game, but he doesn't have Miller's raw tools(quickness, speed and innate pass rushing ability).
I don't think any OLB does except Demarcus Ware.
What's exciting about Miller is he's going to become so much better as a pass rusher and overall LB.
If the Broncos ever gave their D a 2-3 TD lead on an opponent, Von Miller would be a living nightmare.

Punisher
11-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Dude, that last drive sack on Sanchez was the best thing I've seen all year in a football game. He is going to be an absolute monster for years and I fully will eat crow because I thought he'd be a bust for us but he sure is looking like the next Derrick Thomas/Lawrence Taylor.

As a pass rusher he is there, but his overall game is still molding to fit the NFL. I'm so excited to watch Von's maturation. Every time I watch a game of ours my eyes are glued to Von pre snap.

bigbuc
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Did you have to go there??lol
So what if it's true?? O

Anyway Orakpo is a quality OLB and one of the better young edge rushers in the game, but he doesn't have Miller's raw tools(quickness, speed and innate pass rushing ability).
I don't think any OLB does except Demarcus Ware.
What's exciting about Miller is he's going to become so much better as a pass rusher and overall LB.
If the Broncos ever gave their D a 2-3 TD lead on an opponent, Von Miller would be a living nightmare.

Dude it's no knock... I love Orakpo

Sloopy
11-18-2011, 04:35 PM

I don't think he is there yet... he's good but not in the conversation of probable HoFs

And kudos to you sir, I love the Suggs shout out. He's easily one of the most complete 3-4 OLB in the game.

I won't try and turn this into a Suggs love thread, but he is amazingly underrated. Thats saying a lot since a lot of people love him (still underrated) I actually had to defend his potential for the HoF in this very forum.

J-Mike88
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Y8trScwTpXA
That's not even the play I remember watching where he hit Sanchez in the chest with his helmet, ALSO after the ball was thrown.

Both of them were like this one, where Miller SAW the pass thrown, then he ducked his head down and speared Sanchez.

I saw Miller do this last week as well, to Cassell, and I am a***mazed that he's not getting flagged for those.

I guarantee you any Steeler would have. I've seen them fined for much less-late than those 3 hits.

I mean LOOK at this one. I know it's in slow motion, but he puts his head down AFTER he sees the ball thrown. And uses his head, again.

Breed
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Remember when Shawne Marrimen started his career off good?

farfromforgotten
11-18-2011, 04:57 PM

Clearly we shouldnt expect you to read all the way back to the beginning of this thread, which by my estimation was a whole page ago, when someone asked "rookie of the year?" and posters followed up with names of other defensive rookies having good years thus far.

Ness
11-18-2011, 05:51 PM

You're right, he's Aldon Smith.

And the reason he was brought up was because someone asked who in comparison could also be a candidate for DROY. It isn't blind homerism.

phlysac
11-18-2011, 11:15 PM
http://beargoggleson.com/files/2010/10/mark-anderson.jpg

Mark Anderson thought he'd bring some brevity and balance to the discussion.

descendency
11-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Mark Anderson thought he'd bring some brevity and balance to the discussion.

Mark Anderson's wiki page is kind of interesting

Anderson was selected with the 159th overall pick (5th round) in the 2006 NFL Draft. Despite not being an official starter in the Bears Cover 2 defensive scheme, Anderson has thrived in his role as a third-down pass rusher, and during the 2006 regular season he totaled 12 sacks, a Chicago Bears rookie record, which was previously held by Brian Urlacher. Anderson also received consideration in 2006 Defensive Rookie of the Year, finishing second in the voting to former Alabama teammate, DeMeco Ryans. He was named to Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers Association All-Rookie team

He played in all 16 regular season contests gathering 48 tackles to go along with 3 TFLs, 5 QB Hits, 2 PBUs, 4 FFs and 1 FR. Also played in all 3 postseason contests, recording 4 tackles and 1.5 sacks. He combined with Alex Brown for 19 sacks in 2006, the most by a Chicago DE duo since Richard Dent and Trace Armstrong recorded 24 sacks in 1993. Anderson has recorded 4 multiple-sack games in 16 career regular season games played. He registered 0.5 sack in Super Bowl XLI and 1.5 sacks among 4 tackles in 3 postseason contests. He was voted NFL Defensive Rookie of the month in October 2006.

The Bears released Anderson on October 5, 2010.

Why does it basically jump from him having a stellar rookie campaign to being cut 3 years later? What is missing?

MetSox17
11-19-2011, 03:37 AM

Willis
Ware
Harrison
Woodley
Matthews
Suggs

Miller is extremely good, and such a rare breed of athlete, but you need to chill a bit. At this point he isn't a whole lot more than a pass rusher. The fact that you mentioned Ware, Matthews and Suggs, easily the three best 3-4 OLBs in the league in the same sentence as him is an insult to those guys. They are complete LBers. As a pass rusher he's probably on par with guys like Robert Mathis.

binary
11-19-2011, 04:18 AM

im a niner fan , but Willis can't rush the passer like this guy.

Ness
11-19-2011, 06:15 AM
im a niner fan , but Willis can't rush the passer like this guy.

The two shouldn't even be compared. Willis is an inside linebacker.

Brothgar
11-19-2011, 06:42 AM

ORLY?

http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/07/sports/Elvis_Dumervil-2.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Not sure if serious.

Jesus.

I think we need to give him a pass on this one considering about half the board has a certain gentleman marked down for the hall of fame before he's even been drafted.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 09:57 AM
The two shouldn't even be compared. Willis is an inside linebacker.

The 49ers use him a decent amount as a pass rushing OLB though. I saw them line him up outside several times and rush the passer.

They also like blitzing him up the A gap a lot more than most other ILBs.

He's basically a monster, and they move him around a lot. Willis is a beast without labels.

Jimmy
11-19-2011, 10:16 AM
ORLY?

http://trialx.com/curetalk/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/2011/07/sports/Elvis_Dumervil-2.jpg

For as good as Elvis is, he's never gotten a thread solely devoted to him outside the Broncos team thread. so I guess... really.

jth1331
11-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Miller is extremely good, and such a rare breed of athlete, but you need to chill a bit. At this point he isn't a whole lot more than a pass rusher. The fact that you mentioned Ware, Matthews and Suggs, easily the three best 3-4 OLBs in the league in the same sentence as him is an insult to those guys. They are complete LBers. As a pass rusher he's probably on par with guys like Robert Mathis.

Watch his last sack in the Jets game. He's better than Mathis rushing the passer. He's a ******* beast and will only get better.
As far as only being able to rush the passer, he's been decent stuffing the run as well. Only "negative" I could say is his coverage skills, but he also did have the smarts to drop back and knock down a pass that would've gone for a TD inside the 10 to Holmes.

FUNBUNCHER
11-19-2011, 02:14 PM

Maybe based on career accomplishments, but not as a pure athlete at OLB.
Von Miller is a better pro prospect than all of them except maybe Ware.
At the end of the season I think Von tops all of them for rookie sacks.

JBCX
11-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Von Miller, barring injury, will have a career equivalent to Demarcus Ware and Derrick Thomas.

Obviously, anything can happen, though. Injuries, drug problems, whatever. But he has the raw physical talent to basically duplicate or even exceed those careers.

yodabear
11-19-2011, 02:48 PM
WOAH, this is breaking news to me. Some1 other than TEBOWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is on the Broncos. I had no idea.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-19-2011, 07:28 PM
WOAH, this is breaking news to me. Some1 other than TEBOWZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ is on the Broncos. I had no idea.

don't forget this guy

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/eye-candy-brady-quinn-10.jpg

gpngc
11-19-2011, 07:30 PM
...to the market, the park, etc. To show him off.

bantx
11-19-2011, 07:46 PM
11 games into the season and bronco fans are already in a circle jerk talking about how great his career will be.

http://i41.tinypic.com/20pvrxw.jpg

Iamcanadian
11-19-2011, 10:01 PM

Yeah, if Miller post 16-20 sacks as a rookie, it is hardly an indicator that he is something special and deserves to be mentioned among the best.
Mathis doesn't even play the same position as Miller who is a 4-3 OLBer, Mathis is a DE.
Sure, early in the year, he was just a pass rusher but he has moved beyond that level and he is now dominating in run defense as well. He has a shot to be DPOY not just DROTY and is the main reason why Denver can stay in so many games to allow Tebow last his minute heroics. Without Miller, they aren't close to being a 5-5 team with a decent shot at making the playoffs. Tebow certainly isn't the reason why they are 5-5.

Sloopy
11-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Maybe based on career accomplishments, but not as a pure athlete at OLB.
Von Miller is a better pro prospect than all of them except maybe Ware.
At the end of the season I think Von tops all of them for rookie sacks.

This thread went from healthy discussion of a good young player to straight up homerism...

Von Miller... in 11 games... is a better pro prospect than a handful of likely HoFers?

Athletically? Suggs is a mother ******* beast... So is Clay.

Suggs has made some crazy athletic plays for Int's in his career, not to mention he's probably the best 3-4 pass rusher after Ware.

Clay is relatively young in his career so I won't call him a HoF yet but the dude is crazy athletic getting to the QB.

Von is special and may prove his worth over his career, but for the love of god stop it. It's fine to point out that he's having a good rookie season and may be DROY but lets start there first.

Sloopy
11-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, if Miller post 16-20 sacks as a rookie, it is hardly an indicator that he is something special and deserves to be mentioned among the best

I sense that this is sarcasm but you can't be serious...

There is no way that a rookie season, of any measure, should result in him being mentioned among the best. If he had a great rookie season, and then never played another down of football, would he be in the conversation? No. Why? Because he would not have the body of work, and at this point in his career, he doesn't

This isn't to say that he can't ACHIEVE this, but that's exactly what he would have to do.

yodabear
11-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Guys this thread has went way too long without a picture of this Bronco....

http://blog.photoflex.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/720082_013_tim_tebow.jpg

Yes, it did have to be shirtless.

niel89
11-20-2011, 01:54 AM
don't forget this guy

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/eye-candy-brady-quinn-10.jpg

UUUUUUHHHHHHHHH

"Now I'm done"

descendency
11-20-2011, 02:20 AM
If Denver makes the playoffs, can they possibly use a high draft pick on a QB without risk of angering the fans?

FUNBUNCHER
11-20-2011, 04:44 AM
This thread went from healthy discussion of a good young player to straight up homerism...

Von Miller... in 11 games... is a better pro prospect than a handful of likely HoFers?

Athletically? Suggs is a mother ******* beast... So is Clay.

Suggs has made some crazy athletic plays for Int's in his career, not to mention he's probably the best 3-4 pass rusher after Ware.

Clay is relatively young in his career so I won't call him a HoF yet but the dude is crazy athletic getting to the QB.

Von is special and may prove his worth over his career, but for the love of god stop it. It's fine to point out that he's having a good rookie season and may be DROY but lets start there first.

Homerism??

Suggs is a great player, but his career isn't HOF caliber yet. CMIII obviously isn't. Ware is close, but all these guys have yet to prove they can be highly effective players into their thirties.

Not one of these guys including Ware had Von Miller's measurables coming into the league.

Miller tested like a safety(!) at the combine at a weight of almost 250# and a height of 6'3.
His athleticism is IMO why so many people thought he was a much shorter and smaller player at Texas A&M.

He ran a low 4.4 and his first step quickness and pursuit are unreal.

It's not hyping Miller, but I don't know how you look at the guy and not think he has more potential as an NFL pass rusher than the other LBs mentioned.

I don't know if he'll realize it, but it's hard to ignore his ceiling.

'Pro prospect' is comparing all these guys as collegians and projecting them into the pros, not saying that Von Miller is better than them right now.

EDIT:

We're not talking QBs/WRs/corners, positions that are hard to grade after just one season.

If a RB as a rookie rushers for 1600+ yards and 18 TDs, it's fair to call him one of the best in the game. It's a snapshot, not a career. It's a reflection of his talent and ability, not his overall 'greatness'(done repeatedly, season after season).

If a player demonstrates elite ability to rush the passer as a rookie, it's not premature to call him one of the best in the game. How many times do you have to see Von Miller run past OTs still flat-footed to recognize he's a different kind of football player??

I think when the season is over Von Miller will be considered on of the league's best pass rushers if he isn't already.

Sloopy
11-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Homerism??

Suggs is a great player, but his career isn't HOF caliber yet. CMIII obviously isn't. Ware is close, but all these guys have yet to prove they can be highly effective players into their thirties.

Not one of these guys including Ware had Von Miller's measurables coming into the league.

Miller tested like a safety(!) at the combine at a weight of almost 250# and a height of 6'3.
His athleticism is IMO why so many people thought he was a much shorter and smaller player at Texas A&M.

He ran a low 4.4 and his first step quickness and pursuit are unreal.

It's not hyping Miller, but I don't know how you look at the guy and not think he has more potential as an NFL pass rusher than the other LBs mentioned.

I don't know if he'll realize it, but it's hard to ignore his ceiling.

'Pro prospect' is comparing all these guys as collegians and projecting them into the pros, not saying that Von Miller is better than them right now.

EDIT:

We're not talking QBs/WRs/corners, positions that are hard to grade after just one season.

If a RB as a rookie rushers for 1600+ yards and 18 TDs, it's fair to call him one of the best in the game. It's a snapshot, not a career. It's a reflection of his talent and ability, not his overall 'greatness'(done repeatedly, season after season).

If a player demonstrates elite ability to rush the passer as a rookie, it's not premature to call him one of the best in the game. How many times do you have to see Von Miller run past OTs still flat-footed to recognize he's a different kind of football player??

I think when the season is over Von Miller will be considered on of the league's best pass rushers if he isn't already.

Lol @ Ware and Suggs not being HoF yet they are the 2 most dominant sack artists at their position (excluding DE's) in their generation.

Ware is all but gauranteed, Suggs will most likely have the #s by the time he hangs them up.

I said Clay wasn't yet but he has a larger resume than Von.

I don't know if he was a better prospect coming out, they were close, but Suggs had just broken the NCAA single season record for sacks in a season with 24 SACKS, he was a beast in college.

He has already eclipsed Ware's rookie season and he needs 2 more to eclipse Suggs' rookie season so we will see.

As far as being up there with these guys: I said it before and I'll say it again, It isn't that he can't ACHIEVE this, but he would have to do just that.

Wodwo
11-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Hey, let's stop arguing about comparisons with established veteran players and just give this kid the love he deserves.

He's making plays that are the reason I watch football. He's displayed dominance in his athleticism and fundamental skill. I don't know what the future holds for the kid, but I can say that I'm excited to find out.

I think Miller has the character, intelligence, and ability to be as good as the biggest "homer" could predict. For now, though... let's just enjoy watching the kid play. We'll see what happens in the future, but I'm sure we can all agree that he's been fun to watch so far.

On a side note, I do find it interesting and amusing that right after he was drafted he was asked to name the player (other than himself) that was most likely to win DROY. His answer? Aldon Smith... who most of my fellow 49ers fans had not even heard of. I'd have to say it's not just the glasses making him look smart.

Sloopy
11-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Hey, let's stop arguing about comparisons with established veteran players and just give this kid the love he deserves.

He's making plays that are the reason I watch football. He's displayed dominance in his athleticism and fundamental skill. I don't know what the future holds for the kid, but I can say that I'm excited to find out.

I think Miller has the character, intelligence, and ability to be as good as the biggest "homer" could predict. For now, though... let's just enjoy watching the kid play. We'll see what happens in the future, but I'm sure we can all agree that he's been fun to watch so far.

On a side note, I do find it interesting and amusing that right after he was drafted he was asked to name the player (other than himself) that was most likely to win DROY. His answer? Aldon Smith... who most of my fellow 49ers fans had not even heard of. I'd have to say it's not just the glasses making him look smart.

Exactly +rep

bigbluedefense
11-20-2011, 11:10 AM
no, because: there won't be a single qb worth taking by the time we pick, already, let alone if we end up in the 9-7 range. at this point, no matter what else happens, the team is stuck with tebow for the foreseeable future.

Landry Jones maybe?

I guess since you guys are rolling with Tebow you might as well load up on defensive talent in the draft this offseason, bc all the offensive pieces you draft won't mean a thing unless Tebow grows as a qb.

Iamcanadian
11-20-2011, 12:06 PM
no, because: there won't be a single qb worth taking by the time we pick, already, let alone if we end up in the 9-7 range. at this point, no matter what else happens, the team is stuck with tebow for the foreseeable future.

I'm not so sure, Fox and Elway aren't fools and know that Tebow can never carry the team to the next level. They will be looking for a QB IMO.
With the college QB's throwing the ball around in great #'s, QB's are coming to the NFL much more game ready than they did in the past when most college teams preferred to run the ball even if they had a great QB.
3 or 4 QB's could go round 1 and Denver might be able to trade up to get one.
I just cannot see Fox and Elway settling on Tebow unless keeping their jobs and taking no risks is high on their priorities. If they are aiming at the Super Bowl, then they will attempt to get a real QB ASAP.