PDA

View Full Version : What team will be difficult to beat in the playoffs regardless of their seed?

Ness
11-19-2011, 01:14 AM
For the NFC I think it's the New Orleans Saints. I really don't want to have to face them at all. I think just like the Packers last season, New Orleans has enough offensive firepower to get hot and make a serious run regardless what seed they end up being. Green Bay and New Orleans I think would be the biggest challenges for my team. Our secondary gives up a lot of yardage through the air.

As for the AFC I'll go with the Steelers. I think Baltimore still wins that division and they'll probably get the fifth seed in the wildcard.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 12:05 PM
In the NFC I'm going Saints for the reasons you stated, if they got hot with that firepower who knows what they can do. They also have enough defense to get by.

I'll throw the Giants in there too if we make the playoffs bc if our pass rush catches fire, we're a tough team to beat. We have a very good secondary when healthy too, which can combat some of these high powered offenses, and our offense is good enough with Eli running the show.

In the AFC I'm going with the Steelers bc Ben is just a gamer in the postseason who can carry his offense, and that defense is so seasoned and reliable they'll be a tough out.

That's pretty much it. The AFC is wide open this year. Once Schaub went down, I think the Steelers became the most reliable team in the AFC.

JBCX
11-19-2011, 12:17 PM
In the NFC I'm going Saints for the reasons you stated, if they got hot with that firepower who knows what they can do. They also have enough defense to get by.

I'll throw the Giants in there too if we make the playoffs bc if our pass rush catches fire, we're a tough team to beat. We have a very good secondary when healthy too, which can combat some of these high powered offenses, and our offense is good enough with Eli running the show.

No linebackers = poor run defense.

Relying on backups and rookie CBs = poor pass defense, no matter how good the pass rush is.

I'm not seeing any kind of playoff run out of the Giants. Their defense is too banged up and insufficient at too many critical spots, and their offense isn't nearly efficient enough to combat that. Not to mention the fact that they basically can't run the ball anymore, which will hamper their ability to maintain leads and chew up clock time.

the new jesus
11-19-2011, 12:28 PM
The Packers are unbeatable and will win the Super Bowl.

gpngc
11-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Despite how they are playing right now, no one will want to face a hungry Jets team that gets hot playing with house money come playoff time.

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Despite how they are playing right now, no one will want to face a hungry Jets team that gets hot playing with house money come playoff time.

I don't see them making the playoffs though. They basically can't lose another game the rest of the season, which is going to be very difficult regardless of the relatively easy schedule they have coming up.

gpngc
11-19-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't see them making the playoffs though. They basically can't lose another game the rest of the season, which is going to be very difficult regardless of the relatively easy schedule they have coming up.

I think Cincy finishes with 9 wins. TEN and OAK also. Jets could lose 1 the rest of the way. The awesome thing for NY is that the Christmas eve Jet-Giant game could be for the playoffs for both teams. EXCITINGZ.

BradysKnee
11-19-2011, 04:32 PM
The Packers are unbeatable and will win the Super Bowl.

I remember what happened last time I thought that about a team.

OSUGiants17
11-19-2011, 07:54 PM
No linebackers = poor run defense.

Relying on backups and rookie CBs = poor pass defense, no matter how good the pass rush is.

I'm not seeing any kind of playoff run out of the Giants. Their defense is too banged up and insufficient at too many critical spots, and their offense isn't nearly efficient enough to combat that. Not to mention the fact that they basically can't run the ball anymore, which will hamper their ability to maintain leads and chew up clock time.

Webster- Not a rookie or a backup
Ross- Always got solid play time and not a rookie
Coe- Not a rookie

Nice try though

Paul
11-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah. I think alot of teams would love NYG CB situtation.

jrdrylie
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Come playoff time, I think every team is more dangerous. Just look at last year with Seattle. Obviously Green Bay is the favorite, but I'll give two other teams from each conference that I think will give them the most trouble.

New England- Whenever you have Tom Brady, you are going to be tough to beat. He has three rings, which says a bunch about how good he is in the playoffs. Also, if he goes against Green Bay in the Super Bowl, I've got to think he'll have a bit of extra motivation to show that he, and not Aaron Rodgers is still the top QB in the NFL.

Pittsburgh- On pure talent, I don't think Pittsburgh is among the top-five. Their defense is aging. Their receivers are pretty good. Mendenhall is a good, but not great running back. But Roethlisberger is great in the playoffs and a guy I never like to bet against.

Chicago- The offensive line should be gelled by playoff time. And they do two things that are a must in the playoffs; run well and create turnovers. I also think Hester's returning and Gould's clutch kicking will win a game for them in the payoffs.

Dallas- This is only if Felix Jones comes back healthy. With him and Murray together, I think they can slow down the game against Green Bay. The longer you are on the field, the less Rodgers is. DeMarcus Ware's ability to get pressure on Rodgers will be imperative.

49erNation85
11-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah. I think a lot of teams would love NYG CB situation.

It won't happen because it will be 49ers vs Packers in the NFCCG .

keylime_5
11-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, and Chicago stick out to me. New England only b/c they have Belichick and Brady and always get better as the season goes on. I do think they'll lose though to a team with a good defense.

I think New Orleans loses as soon as you get them out of that dome. They are a one and done if they aren't at home if you ask me.

Caddy
11-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Coe- Not a rookie

Nice try though

Coe is still in the league? :S

bigbluedefense
11-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah. I think alot of teams would love NYG CB situtation.

It depends on how we look come playoff time (if we make it). Right now Rolle is our nickel CB and Coe is our 4.

If Prince can develop, he can play nickel, and maybe Rolle can move to CB in 4 WR sets only.

Our 1 and 2 is a very solid duo. Webster is a stud, and Ross is a very reliable #2 CB. He hasn't become the #1 we all hoped he'd be, but in his role as a #2 on the outside he excels.

Rolle is having a very underrated season. It's not easy to make the nickel CB transition, even for a guy who started his career out as a CB, but he's done a standup job. If Prince can allow us to move Rolle back to FS in our nickel set, that will only make our secondary stronger.

We just have to stay healthy and cross our fingers that Prince can give us nickel CB production in the coming weeks.

Smooth Criminal
11-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Steelers or ravens. Whoever gets the wild card out of those two is gonna be a hell of a matchup for the 4 seed.

nepg
11-19-2011, 09:09 PM
The Broncos, obviously. Especially if the weather's bad and most of the games should be outside.

Sloopy
11-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Ravens, we lose to stupid teams but we step up big against tough competition. We are used to playing on the road in the playoffs and have knocked off many a good team, we appear to be over our Steeler woes.

Also we may end up with a bye if we can stop losing these stupid games. If they get home field advantage it will be rough beating them

Ngatachance92
11-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Ravens, we lose to stupid teams but we step up big against tough competition. We are used to playing on the road in the playoffs and have knocked off many a good team, we appear to be over our Steeler woes.

Also we may end up with a bye if we can stop losing these stupid games. If they get home field advantage it will be rough beating them

Thats my frame of mind on the team right now, we've only lost to bad teams and there won't be any bad teams in the Playoffs this year. Well if the Broncos make it there will be one, at least half of a bad team... The Tebow half, thier defense is pretty damn scary though.

JBCX
11-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Coe- Not a rookie

Nice try though

Ross is a backup / 3rd CB. Amukamara is a rookie. Coe is a backup.

The only real "starting" caliber CB they have is Webster.

BloodBrother
11-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Honestly, the NFC is so deep that all them worry me. I can see the Saints, Bears and Giants getting it done. Very deep this year IMO

in the AFC, Pitt or Baltimore(whoever doesn't win the division) would be an obvious choice

Rosebud
11-19-2011, 11:49 PM
It depends on how we look come playoff time (if we make it). Right now Rolle is our nickel CB and Coe is our 4.

If Prince can develop, he can play nickel, and maybe Rolle can move to CB in 4 WR sets only.

Our 1 and 2 is a very solid duo. Webster is a stud, and Ross is a very reliable #2 CB. He hasn't become the #1 we all hoped he'd be, but in his role as a #2 on the outside he excels.

Rolle is having a very underrated season. It's not easy to make the nickel CB transition, even for a guy who started his career out as a CB, but he's done a standup job. If Prince can allow us to move Rolle back to FS in our nickel set, that will only make our secondary stronger.

We just have to stay healthy and cross our fingers that Prince can give us nickel CB production in the coming weeks.

I'm really happy for Ross really making himself some good money this season and ensuring he'll get a chance to start for somebody else next year. This is probably the best we've seen from him since he was starting opposite Webster on our march to the superbowl. If Prince can free Rolle up from being the nickel guy our secondary could really be something by the playoffs provided Boley's not for the season and Williams can put together some more big games.

Coe's been a really nice surprise as well. He's been a lot less terrible than i expected when Bruce Johnson and Terrell Thomas went down during the offseason.

Sloopy
11-20-2011, 07:54 AM
this. we have tebow. you're all screwed.

I wish I could +rep you, I laughed out loud at my place of work and I'm now getting death eyes

tjsunstein
11-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I'll say the Giants. A team that can run the ball and pressure the QB with just 4 is always a tough out.

Rosebud
11-20-2011, 09:50 AM
I'll say the Giants. A team that can run the ball and pressure the QB with just 4 is always a tough out.

I wish we could run the ball. :-(

JBCX
11-20-2011, 10:23 AM

Except that they really can't run the ball. For the season, their rushing yards per attempt (ypa) as a team is 3.3 ypa, which is 2nd to last in the NFL (only the Cleveland Browns are worse).

Rosebud
11-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Except that they really can't run the ball. For the season, their rushing yards per attempt (ypa) as a team is 3.3 ypa, which is 2nd to last in the NFL (only the Cleveland Browns are worse).

Hey guys look. JBCX said something that wasn't blatantly wrong again! I think this is the second one this week! Isn't he so cute.

OSUGiants17
11-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Ross is a backup / 3rd CB. Amukamara is a rookie. Coe is a backup.

The only real "starting" caliber CB they have is Webster.

Ross is the best 3rd CB in the league lol he really isn't a 3rd CB he is only there because of the insane depth we have/had at the corner position. Prince hasn't played yet and so what if he is a rookie. And I never said Coe wasn't a back-up.

Also, look at our safeties who we use more:
Rolle- Experienced starter
Phillips- Experienced starter
Grant- Veteran with a lot of play time
Sash- Rookie who is more of a ST guy

OSUGiants17
11-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Did PFF tell you this?