PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears and the SuperBowl

eltwentyone
11-19-2011, 04:24 PM
I somehow feel Chicago Bears on the crisp, They dont make many that many mistakes on Defense and Special Teams, well coached team. Their Defense and Special Teams always makes an impact with turnovers or points. I feel since they drafted Matt Forte, they can do a lot of damage. They should be able to contend for the next couple of years, I feel if they fix their management issues, why sign Roy Williams, trade olsen, etc. get a couple of offensive players. Cutler and Forte can make it happen...I dunno what ya guyz feel. I just keeping getting some kind weird intuition about it haha.

the new jesus
11-19-2011, 07:03 PM
LOL @ Chicago in the Super Bowl. Might want to just look at making the playoffs first.

ChiFan24
11-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Well....don't jinx it. I do like our chances to beat the Packers at some point. That's as far as I'll go.

keylime_5
11-19-2011, 07:10 PM
everyone seems to have amnesia over the fact that the Bears were very close to winning the NFC Championship game last year. If Cutler didn't get hurt they very well might have. They are certainly playing great football right now.

Bulldogs
11-19-2011, 07:16 PM
LOL @ Chicago in the Super Bowl. Might want to just look at making the playoffs first.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17300000/Obvious-troll-is-obvious-atsof-17301744-702-475.jpg

the new jesus
11-19-2011, 08:22 PM
everyone seems to have amnesia over the fact that the Bears were very close to winning the NFC Championship game last year. If Cutler didn't get hurt they very well might have. They are certainly playing great football right now.

Cutler was playing terrible. Hannie actually sparked them. Also, Chicago was at home and Green Bay was clearly the superior team.

Sloopy
11-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Cutler was playing terrible. Hannie actually sparked them. Also, Chicago was at home and Green Bay was clearly the superior team.

CLEARLY PACKERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Iamcanadian
11-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the hype machine has a new toy. First it was the San Diego, then the Jets, then Philly, then Dallas and finally Baltimore. Then as they all began to loose, along comes the next toy, Chicago, and as soon as they loose and fall off the bandwagon, someone else will come along.
Green Bay is obviously the team to beat and it may happen at the Super Bowl but the rest of the NFL are just hopefuls with little to separate them.
Wouldn't it be a laugh if San Fran turned out to be the champs and Alex Smith gets complete redemption. Yeah, so many people with egg on their face then, including myself.

JBCX
11-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Defense is too old and too much on the downside to make a sustained run.

This year, they will not have any home playoff games and will be forced to go with their crappy offensive line on the road in noisy stadiums. I'm not seeing them winning even a single playoff game.

BloodBrother
11-19-2011, 11:40 PM
Their D is old and I'm not liking their Safeties, but I think they'll do well down the stretch. Their ST play makes me swooooon. They are definitely a team who isn't far away from being a SB winner but their window is closing. They need to give Cutler a legit WR already ffs, and uh, obviously pay Forte to keep them in the conversation

eltwentyone
11-20-2011, 01:06 AM
I have always underestimated the bears, I just have this gut feeling, their defense isnt that old, for LB position they can last for another 3-4 years i think. I am not worried about Briggs maybe Urlacher, but Ray Lewis is playing at a high level still i think lol. Tillman i would probally have to agree, Peppers is only 29, they got a good 2-3 years, 4 would be pushing it who knows.

They did have a decent stretch, 2006 Superbowl, 11-5 one season dont remember 2009 NFC Championship, i think its possible to pull a couple more runs

Ness
11-20-2011, 02:04 AM
They'll have to win three straight games just to get there. At least two on the road and most likely the third. Three straight road game victories for the Bears? I just don't see it.

the new jesus
11-20-2011, 09:27 AM
I have always underestimated the bears, I just have this gut feeling, their defense isnt that old, for LB position they can last for another 3-4 years i think. I am not worried about Briggs maybe Urlacher, but Ray Lewis is playing at a high level still i think lol. Tillman i would probally have to agree, Peppers is only 29, they got a good 2-3 years, 4 would be pushing it who knows.

They did have a decent stretch, 2006 Superbowl, 11-5 one season dont remember 2009 NFC Championship, i think its possible to pull a couple more runs

LOL you think Urlacher and Briggs have another 4 years? Neither of those guys belong in the same conversation as Lewis. Lewis is one of the greatest of all-time.

Rosebud
11-20-2011, 09:41 AM
LOL you think Urlacher and Briggs have another 4 years? Neither of those guys belong in the same conversation as Lewis. Lewis is one of the greatest of all-time.

Both Briggs and Urlacher all Hall of Famers, of course they belong in the conversation with a fellow current future Hall of Famer. Briggs has been the best 4-3 OLB since Brooks slowed down.

eltwentyone
11-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Pretty good Game Today, didnt watch all of it but Briggs and Urlacher were solid, forced TO, Tillman with da gawdly punch, Special Teams were solid, Cutler was moving around well things are looking up

JBCX
11-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Sure, they beat a bad San Diego team, but they're still not winning a single playoff game. I guaran-damn-tee it.

jrdrylie
11-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Sure, they beat a bad San Diego team, but they're still not winning a single playoff game. I guaran-damn-tee it.

How many games do they have to win for you to give them credit? They beat Atlanta and Detroit, one of whom will be in the playoffs. They beat a Tampa team that almost upset Green Bay. And they beat Philadelphia and and San Diego, both of whom were picked to be Super Bowl contenders before the season. Will the Bears win the Super Bowl? I don't know. But they are a top ten team and nobody is going to want to play them come playoff team.

phlysac
11-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Well, if Cutler is out because he needs surgery on his thumb...

jackalope
11-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Well, if Cutler is out because he needs surgery on his thumb...

PFT is reporting he'll be out 6-8 weeks. Ouch.

eltwentyone
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Damn ehh haha, now Bears fan can get their saviour Hanie, they gonna miss Cutler mobility, hey he played the game with a broken thumb, ironman

phlysac
11-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Cutler expected to miss 6-8 weeks with broken thumb

By Vaughn McClure, Tribune reporter

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is expected to be sidelined six to eight weeks with a broken thumb on his right throwing hand suffered late in Sunday's 31-20 victory over San Diego, multiple sources told the Tribune.

According to a source, surgery could be an option for the quarterback, but there is no immediate plan to put Cutler on injured reserve. Essentially, he could return for the playoffs, with six weeks remaining in the regular season.

Caleb Hanie will assume the quarterback duties as Cutler recovers.

Cutler suffered the injury while helping to prevent a Chargers touchdown on an interception return by San Diego's Antoine Cason when he was knocked to the ground by linebacker Donald Butler. He played the rest of the game, in which he completed 18 of 31 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns, with an interception.

Tough luck if true.

ChiFan24
11-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Damn ehh haha, now Bears fan can get their saviour Hanie, they gonna miss Cutler mobility, hey he played the game with a broken thumb, ironman

The mobility is still there......the rest of the talent isn't. He can probably squeak out 3 of the last 6 though.

wogitalia
11-20-2011, 11:03 PM
If Cutler was a real man he'd learn to throw left handed and tough it out...

/troll