20. New York Jets select Courtney Upshaw, OLB Alabama

21. Denver Broncos select Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson

22. Cleveland Browns from Atlanta Falcons select Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma

23. Cincinnati Bengals select Mark Barron, S Alabama

24. Dallas Cowboys select Devon Still DE/DT Penn State

25. Houston Texans select Dontari Poe, NT Memphis

26. New York Giants select Peter Konz, OC Wisconsin

27. Baltimore Ravens select Dont’a Hightower, LB Alabama

28. New England Patriots from New Orleans Saints select Vinny Curry, DE/OLB Marshall

29. New England Patriots select Alamedu Ta’amu, NT Washington

30. San Francisco 49ers select Janoris Jenkins, CB North Alabama

31. Pittsburgh Steelers select Riley Reiff, OT Iowa

32. Green Bay Packers select Ronnell Lewis, OLB Oklahoma

wicket
11-20-2011, 11:20 AM
barkley returning to school

49erNation85
11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
barkley returning to school

Because it is the right choice for him. Could be a number one pick next year and top 3 again . Plus he still needs to work on some little things. Plus if stays USC could go big the show.

Solid SF pick and I love him despite his bad efforts at Florida.

AntoinCD
11-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah in this mock I have him going back. If he stays he is the big favourite for the 1st pick next year and no matter what happens the rest of the year he won't pass Luck. Plus next year they can hope to play in a bowl game. Right now I'm 50/50 on Barkley going back

coordinator0
11-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Hightower isn't a bad pick, but I think we would be better off going with Reiff. Better value at that point and LT is going to be just as big of a need.

Vaylor
11-20-2011, 03:37 PM
The Seahawks at this point pretty much have to take a QB.

Pat Sims 90
11-20-2011, 03:57 PM
DeCastro is a awesome pick.

Pefer Jenkins over Barron but i would not be upset if the Bengals took Barron.

vidae
11-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Solid KC pick.

Matthew Jones
11-20-2011, 04:51 PM
We'd all be happy to see the Patriots draft someone like Curry, but Belichick has historically passed on guys from smaller schools and 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB conversion prospects, so Curry wouldn't be my pick there. What's up with Ta'amu?

RCSooner
11-20-2011, 05:15 PM
I don't know if Ronnell Lewis is a first-rounder now. He's injured.

AntoinCD
11-21-2011, 06:21 AM
We'd all be happy to see the Patriots draft someone like Curry, but Belichick has historically passed on guys from smaller schools and 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB conversion prospects, so Curry wouldn't be my pick there. What's up with Ta'amu?

Similarly to BB not picking conversion prospects he seems to love big DTs. I'd he thinks Ta'amu can play the spot Warren or Brace plays better then he may pull the trigger. He's also pretty good value. Not a pick I'd want but I think it could be a possibility

Matthew Jones
11-21-2011, 07:10 AM
Similarly to BB not picking conversion prospects he seems to love big DTs. I'd he thinks Ta'amu can play the spot Warren or Brace plays better then he may pull the trigger. He's also pretty good value. Not a pick I'd want but I think it could be a possibility

Gerard Warren was a depth signing and Ron Brace was drafted as insurance for Wilfork, who was entering the last year of his contract. Those two players have barely played any snaps this year. I don't think he'd go for someone like Ta'amu unless he was planning on moving Wilfork to defensive end full-time, but that seems like a waste of the best nose tackle in the league.

AntoinCD
11-21-2011, 07:16 AM
Gerard Warren was a depth signing and Ron Brace was drafted as insurance for Wilfork, who was entering the last year of his contract. Those two players have barely played any snaps this year. I don't think he'd go for someone like Ta'amu unless he was planning on moving Wilfork to defensive end full-time, but that seems like a waste of the best nose tackle in the league.

I agree but if he thinks that it's easier to get a NT in the draft and move Wilfork rather than finding a good 5 technique then it makes sense. Really the value of good 5 techniques in this draft took a huge hit with Crick's injury and there may not be a difference maker at the position.

prock
11-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Claiborne is a wonderful selection.

cmarq83
11-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah I'm not really getting the Te'Amu selection either. I'd like to see them get a replacement for Wright if they go DL anywhere early. They have zero guys who can penetrate from the interior and even if a guy like Crick only plays 45% of the snaps I'd think he'd make a bigger impact than a guy like Te'Amu.

Paul
11-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Split on the Cowboys pick. I see the reasoning behind it, we need some youth at the position and we have never really had a stand out 34 DE since we made the switch years ago, and I love Stills as a prospect. But Coleman and Hatcher has been above average-good for us this year, and we have some other glaring holes to fill. If anything maybe pick up a true NT, and move Ratliff to DE. Kills two birds with one stone.

Plus CB is an obvious need with Newman a few years away from collecting social security and there is a lack of depth there. I wouldn't rule out another Rush Backer opposite of Ware, depending on the price Spencer is asking for this offseason.

ChicagoBearsVet23
11-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Perfect Bears pick!!!

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 11:24 AM
I like Konz, but I think I'd prefer Reiff because Beatty sucks and McKenzie is old. But then again, Konz would move Baas over to guard, which I feel he may be better at. So it's a pretty good pick. Nice job. The Giants OL is such a mess and needs so much shuffling around, any OL works

critesy
11-21-2011, 01:06 PM
worst 1st rder ever for wsh. tannehill is terrible.

stl9erfan
11-21-2011, 01:41 PM
LOVE that Niners pick. At this point, I'd have to label Jenkins as my dream scenario for SF.

rickscott
11-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Bengals have never selected a Safety before Rd 3 and that was Fulcher with a Supp pick. We need CBs early on and Safety can come in Rd 4-5 especially with Mays, Sands and Miles as young Safeties already on the club as reserves. I like DeCastro pick too.