PDA

View Full Version : Best Team in AFC

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Who is the best team in the AFC as of right now?

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 01:03 PM
My vote would go to Houston if Schaub was not out for the season because they would possibly go 12-4 for the season.

Cincy is my pick, because you just don't go 6-3 with a rookie QB in a division with Baltimore & Pittsburgh who happens to be known for the best Defensive units to play year in & year out.

Hats off to Cincy!!!

niel89
11-20-2011, 01:07 PM
I choose Baltimore every other week, just like they say on TV. They bounce back and forth every week depending on who they play. They come to play in big matchups but play down to weaker competition.

Cincy also hasn't played the Ravens or Steelers. They are doing really well, but they have some tough weeks coming up.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 01:12 PM
I choose Baltimore every other week, just like they say on TV. They bounce back and forth every week depending on who they play. They come to play in big matchups but play down to weaker competition.

Cincy also hasn't played the Ravens or Steelers. They are doing really well, but they have some tough weeks coming up.

Lets see if Dalton pulls a W out his a** today. His WRs not named Green are not reliable from what I have seen for myself.

Smooth Criminal
11-20-2011, 01:12 PM
My vote would go to Houston if Schaub was not out for the season because they would possibly go 12-4 for the season.

Cincy is my pick, because you just don't go 6-3 with a rookie QB in a division with Baltimore & Pittsburgh who happens to be known for the best Defensive units to play year in & year out.

Hats off to Cincy!!!

They're 6-3 in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, but haven't beaten either of them.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
But like I was saying, in all actuality Houston is the best team with Schaub.

SuperPacker
11-20-2011, 01:14 PM
I voted for the Texans but then read you put right now so i'd probably go for Pittsburgh.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 01:15 PM
They're 6-3 in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore, but haven't beaten either of them.

Pittsburgh did not go to work on Cincy like they should have.....24-17

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 01:16 PM
I voted for the Texans but then read you put right now so i'd probably go for Pittsburgh.

They got my vote too, but you just can't expect Leinart to take them to the promise land.

Vox Populi
11-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Obviously Buffalo right now. Holy ****.

nepg
11-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Going with NE. Everyone knows where their problems lie. With Baltimore, you never know which part of that team won't show up on a given week. They're not the impenetrable defense they've been and neither is Pittsburgh. They both have glaring weaknesses in what is supposed to be their strength.

49erNation85
11-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Pitt all the way. They have the best all around team right. Baltimore just as good Defense and descent QB . They may be down two more games today and Thursday when 49ers beat'em .

Smooth Criminal
11-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Pittsburgh did not go to work on Cincy like they should have.....24-17

Didn't say they didn't play well, just pointing out the stupidity of saying they're good because they're 6-3 in a division with the Ravens and Steelers when they haven't beaten the Steelers or Ravens.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Didn't say they didn't play well, just pointing out the stupidity of saying they're good because they're 6-3 in a division with the Ravens and Steelers when they haven't beaten the Steelers or Ravens.

Last time I've checked they play both teams twice a year & only played both teams once.

descendency
11-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Pitt or NE.

Houston is going to be crap without Schaub.

The Ravens are NOT better than the Steelers because they handle success poorly. They win one week and barely show up the next.

keylime_5
11-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Baltimore is better than Pittsburgh. Beat them twice, including one total beatdown in week one. They just keep laying eggs against ****** teams like Jacksonville and Seattle and then beat the good teams they play. Not sure they have enough consistency to get to the super bowl, but they deserve the title as best AFC team right now. It would be Houston if they didn't lose Schaub.

cmarq83
11-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm going to say the Ravens. They run hot and cold, but when they're on I think they can beat pretty much anyone. That defense is definitely the one that I trust the most in the AFC.

Smooth Criminal
11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Last time I've checked they play both teams twice a year & only played both teams once.

Right. And they're 0-2.

You don't seem to get it. You said they were the best because they are (were) 6-3 in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. What the hell does who isninntheir division have to do with it if they haven't actually beaten either team?

Going 6-4 against a pretty weak schedule isn't impressive just because theres two teams in the same division that are actually good.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Poll question on poll question.....In all honesty who else believes Houston is the best team in the AFC if it were not for the season ending injury?

I actually seen them going 12-4 with Schaub with their last lost coming from Atlanta.

Smooth Criminal
Baltimore is better than Pittsburgh. Beat them twice, including one total beatdown in week one. They just keep laying eggs against ****** teams like Jacksonville and Seattle and then beat the good teams they play. Not sure they have enough consistency to get to the super bowl, but they deserve the title as best AFC team right now. It would be Houston if they didn't lose Schaub.

This. Baltimore is the most talented of the teams, but I don't think they'll make it through the playoffs.

Smooth Criminal
Poll question on poll question.....In all honesty who else believes Houston is the best team in the AFC if it were not for the season ending injury?

I actually seen them going 12-4 with Schaub with their last lost coming from Atlanta.

I do. They had a ton of talent all over that offense and the defense was playing very well.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Right. And they're 0-2.

You don't seem to get it. You said they were the best because they are (were) 6-3 in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. What the hell does their record have to do with it if they haven't actually beaten either team.

Going 6-4 against a pretty weak schedule isn't impressive just because theres two teams in the same division that are actually good.

You got it my dude!

Pat Sims 90
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Right. And they're 0-2.

You don't seem to get it. You said they were the best because they are (were) 6-3 in a division with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. What the hell does who isninntheir division have to do with it if they haven't actually beaten either team?

Sorry going 6-4 with Rookie QB and Rookie WR is pretty damn impressive idc who you play. Plus the 4 losses we have had have been by 7 points or less.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Sorry going 6-4 with Rookie QB and Rookie WR is pretty damn impressive idc who you play.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000

Let Cam Newton do it & everybody is on his scrotums

Smooth Criminal
11-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry going 6-4 with Rookie QB and Rookie WR is pretty damn impressive idc who you play. Plus the 4 losses we have had have been by 7 points or less.

Not impressive enough to be the best team in the AFC.

Pat Sims 90
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Not impressive enough to be the best team in the AFC.

I don't think they are the Best Team in the AFC. I am just saying that being 6-4 is pretty impressive and still have a chance to make the playoffs with Rookie QB is impressive.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't think they are the Best Team in the AFC. I am just saying that being 6-4 is pretty impressive and still have a chance to make the playoffs with Rookie QB is impressive.
Well I do including Schaub's injury.

RaiderNation
11-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Baltimore won't beat the Steelers for a 3rd straight time, and I think those 2 teams will meet in the AFC Championship game.

Iamcanadian
11-20-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't think the AFC has a best team right now. Baltimore looks the part but cannot maintain its momentum whenever they beat one of the others. Not the sign of a dominating team.
I think it is wide open for the Super Bowl and any team with a very decent QB could win out in the playoffs but loose in the Super Bowl, as the NFC seems to have the dominating teams this year.

thegreatone
11-20-2011, 06:37 PM
As much as it pains me as a Ravens fan, I'm going to say Pittsburgh.

Sure we swept them, but Pittsburgh's losses are all respectable, and give me Big Ben over Flacco any day of the week.

Ngatachance92
11-20-2011, 06:37 PM
But like I was saying, in all actuality Houston is the best team with Schaub.

But in actuality, he is injured for the remainder of the season so they are not.

Vox Populi
11-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Its really close between Pittsburgh and New England for me, but give me Pittsburgh. I just don't trust Joe Flacco to win in a shoot out and I think that even if New England is exploiting Pittsburgh's weaknesses on defense, Ben Roethlisberger and the rest of the Steelers offense can keep pace with them with the players they have, and obviously right now I'll take Pittsburgh's defense over New England's regardless of how badly Tom Brady has spanked them recently.

shylo3716
11-20-2011, 07:12 PM
But in actuality, he is injured for the remainder of the season so they are not.

You are absolutely correct!