PDA

View Full Version : Jerel Worthy, Michigan State

CheeseKnuckles
11-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Is this guy the top DT/DE in the draft? What type of defense does he fit best in?

From the little research I have done on him it sounds like he could be a real distruptive force in the middle of a DL. Just wondering if he projects better as a DE or NT in the 3-4 defense.

ellsy82
11-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Well, if you want my opinion he's a left defensive end pass rusher in a 4-3. That's his best fit, I think. He'd be a lousy 34 end and I don't think he'd be a very good undertackle.

Matthew Jones
11-21-2011, 05:29 AM
I see him as a 4-3 defensive tackle, I think he could play either the under or the nose. He's stout against the run but under tackle might be his best fit because of his incredible burst off of the line of scrimmage.

TACKLE
11-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Anyone know if he's gotten off a block this year?

regoob2
11-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Anyone know if he's gotten off a block this year?
I havent been impressed with him at all in the 2 games Ive watched this season. Looked liked a mid-late rounder in those games. He looked better at times last season.

JBCX
11-22-2011, 08:57 AM
There is no way he's the top DT in this class.

He's big and explosive, but he's too poorly conditioned to stay on the field, and he lacks consistent effort.

Devon Still, Dontari Poe, Alamadu Tamu and Brandon Thompson are superior DT prospects.

As for top 4-3 DT prospect, that would definitely be PSU's Devon Still.