PDA

View Full Version : Who gives the Bears a better chance to win?

Rolex
11-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Hypotethically, would the Bears be better off with Jay Cutler or Tom Brady behind center?

Ngatachance92
11-21-2011, 09:32 AM
It appears we have another one.

Rosebud
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
I meant to vote for Cutler. I'm not very good at this trolling trolls thing.

AntoinCD
11-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Tim Tebow!!!!

sweetness34
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Put them in the exact same situation and the answer is Cutler. Brady would be a dead man standing because he's not very mobile in the pocket.

This question isn't, nor should it be about the player. It's about the situation and how that player fits into it.

Brady would have to endure a lot of big hits behind our offensive line.

SolidGold
11-21-2011, 09:53 AM
please lock thread and ban rolex

Rolex
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
please lock thread and ban rolex

Why? Because I stated an opinion you disagree with?

scottyboy
11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Tom Brady because he can play for the next 6-8 weeks.

Am I doing this right?

AntoinCD
11-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Put them in the exact same situation and the answer is Cutler. Brady would be a dead man standing because he's not very mobile in the pocket.

This question isn't, nor should it be about the player. It's about the situation and how that player fits into it.

Brady would have to endure a lot of big hits behind our offensive line.

Ok, with the finest repects here that is completely and utterly wrong. Brady isn't a runner but there is no QB better at moving in the pocket

ElectricEye
11-21-2011, 10:02 AM

...lolwut? Brady isn't very mobile outside of the pocket, but he's easily one of the best in the league(if not the best) at working inside of it. I've great sympathy for Cutler because we've seen Brady bail out some consistently mediocre(and highly overrated) offensive line play for years here, don't get me wrong. But that statement is just incorrect.

Rolex
11-21-2011, 10:06 AM
...lolwut? Brady isn't very mobile outside of the pocket, but he's easily one of the best in the league(if not the best) at working inside of it. I've great sympathy for Cutler because we've seen Brady bail out some consistently mediocre(and highly overrated) offensive line play for years here, don't get me wrong. But that statement is just incorrect.

Ok, with the finest repects here that is completely and utterly wrong. Brady isn't a runner but there is no QB better at moving in the pocket

Agreed. Not to mention he gets rid of the ball as quickly as any QB in the league.

XxXdragonXxX
11-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Cutler and it isn't even close to not even close. Cutler is elite.

wogitalia
11-21-2011, 10:30 AM
How are you Bears fans letting the troll beat you... He has you so irate that you've stopped thinking before you post!

Case in point, if Brady decided to play just like Cutler in the exact same team then yes he would have some issues but why would he? He hasn't played like that behind some pretty ordinary lines in New England, why would he suddenly start doing it in Chicago if he were there?

Deep Breath, don't let the troll get you, you are better than that.

Sloopy
11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Insane hypothetical? Targeting an entire fan base? Lacking quantifying evidence?

... My god

http://www.tritalk.co.uk/forums/userpix/4472_trollwarning_1.jpg

Brothgar
11-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I came in here looking for a C. Hanie v N. Enderle debate. Son I am disappoint.

Bulldogs
11-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm fairly certain the new jesus made this new account to continue trolling on.

iowatreat54
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM

Not sure if this is what sweetness meant, but you are correct. The way I see it is that maybe he meant the pocket as it pertains to the Bears, which really isn't a pocket at all. Basically Cutler has to run out, then re-establish himself before setting and throwing in his new "pocket". I would think Brady would give us the best shot, but we've seen Brady get broken with a better line than what the Bears have now so...

Am I doing this right?

You're always doing it right, buddy.

Paul
11-21-2011, 10:58 AM

Am I doing this right?

Logic over all else. Scotty wins.

ElectricEye
11-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Not sure if this is what sweetness meant, but you are correct. The way I see it is that maybe he meant the pocket as it pertains to the Bears, which really isn't a pocket at all. Basically Cutler has to run out, then re-establish himself before setting and throwing in his new "pocket". I would think Brady would give us the best shot, but we've seen Brady get broken with a better line than what the Bears have now so...

I agree with that. Against a total jailbreak, everything is ****** up play, I'll take Cutler since he's able escape it better with his athleticism. But in terms pocket presence and mobility within it, I would run Brady up against just about anyone in NFL history and feel pretty good about it.