PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Quarterbacks

EAST ATL Zone 6
11-22-2011, 12:02 PM
List your top 5 quarterbacks (i.e. who you would want for your team going into the playoffs ) this year.

1. Aaron Rodgers - He's carried his team to a perfect record thus far and is playing flawless football. This is one of the best QB performances I've seen...ever.

2. Tom Brady - Brady is having a great season but he's been overshadowed by Rodgers. It's been even more impressive when you consider he doesn't have a deep threat.

3. Drew Brees - Another guy who is having an amazing season but has been overshadowed by Rodgers. This passing attack looks unstoppable at times. Like Brady, Brees needs to take better care of the ball to reach Rodgers' level.

4. Ben Roethlisberger - He's quietly put together a good year and has carried the Steelers to this point. He'll need to continue finding Wallace deep for this team to have any success in the playoffs.

5. Eli Manning - He's been inconsistent as always but he manages to get the job done. He has a lot of options to throw to and if he gets hot the Giants are tough to beat.

Rosebud
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Eli
Big Ben

Honorable Mention:
Jay Cutler

Complex
11-22-2011, 12:21 PM
J-Mike is that you?

bucfan12
11-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Ehh, the minute Eli shows you his top 5 potential, he stinks it up vs the Eagles and then loses 2 straight after that big win in Foxboro.

My top 5:

1. Aaron Rodgers: No one has been better.
2. Tom Brady: Again, clear top QB.
3. Drew Brees: Still throws a lot of INTs, but he leads an explosive passing attack that can keep pace with the Packers.
4. Ben Roethlisbuerger: He's been very good after that week 1 disaster and has queitly been one of the best QBs this year.
T5. Jay Cutler: He's got one of the worst o-lines and yet has been outstanding. Tough QB that has been on fire lately. Sucks he got hurt.
T5. Matt Stafford: 25 TDs to what, 8 INTs. He's been very good and has the Lions on the brink for a playoff spot.

Honorable Mention: Tony Romo.

Rosebud
11-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Ehh, the minute Eli shows you his top 5 potential, he stinks it up vs the Eagles and then loses 2 straight after that big win in Foxboro.

My top 5:

1. Aaron Rodgers: No one has been better.
2. Tom Brady: Again, clear top QB.
3. Drew Brees: Still throws a lot of INTs, but he leads an explosive passing attack that can keep pace with the Packers.
4. Ben Roethlisbuerger: He's been very good after that week 1 disaster and has queitly been one of the best QBs this year.
T5. Jay Cutler: He's got one of the worst o-lines and yet has been outstanding. Tough QB that has been on fire lately. Sucks he got hurt.
T5. Matt Stafford: 25 TDs to what, 8 INTs. He's been very good and has the Lions on the brink for a playoff spot.

Honorable Mention: Tony Romo.

Eli in no way was responsible for the 9ers loss, in fact if Mario is just a couple inches further down field the Eli has that game all tied up. Against the Eagles the running game was non-existent, the OL terrible and the receivers dropped a lot of big plays. It was a bad game but with the O being so awful around him against a division rival that can rush the passer well, it's forgiveable. We're talking about one bad game in a great season. Eli gives his team a chance to win and way more often than not delivers. I'm definitely taking him in the playoffs over Stafford who's had some absolutely pathetic games this year and Tony Romo.

Sloopy
11-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Is this really a thread?

bucfan12
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Eli in no way was responsible for the 9ers loss, in fact if Mario is just a couple inches further down field the Eli has that game all tied up. Against the Eagles the running game was non-existent, the OL terrible and the receivers dropped a lot of big plays. It was a bad game but with the O being so awful around him against a division rival that can rush the passer well, it's forgiveable. We're talking about one bad game in a great season. Eli gives his team a chance to win and way more often than not delivers. I'm definitely taking him in the playoffs over Stafford who's had some absolutely pathetic games this year and Tony Romo.

Thing is, the Giants had a huge chance to take to be ahead of the Cowboys for the NFC East lead and control pretty much the road ahead. Now, the Cowboys and Giants are both 6-4 and the Giants still have to play Dallas twice, and then against the Packers, which isn't going to be an easy task.

Rosebud
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Thing is, the Giants had a huge chance to take to be ahead of the Cowboys for the NFC East lead and control pretty much the road ahead. Now, the Cowboys and Giants are both 6-4 and the Giants still have to play Dallas twice, and then against the Packers, which isn't going to be an easy task.

It's Eli's fault that the schedule makers love giving the giants a ***** of a late season schedule?

bucfan12
11-22-2011, 01:01 PM
It's Eli's fault that the schedule makers love giving the giants a ***** of a late season schedule?

No, I'm saying is he plays awful against teams he should beat, like the Seahawks earlier in the year and then Philly at home last week. Losing games like that when you have a brutal schedule coming up don't help.

bucfan12
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Right now, since Dallas has established a running game, Romo has been very good with the pressure off his shoulders to the point, I'd take him over Eli right now.

it just seems the media this year hasn't given Romo credit lately since he's been good, just hit him hard on the bad.

Breed
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Is this really a thread?

Quoted for the truth

Jvig43
11-22-2011, 04:01 PM
J-Mike is that you?

It's the new jesus, with another new user name. Note how many times "Rodgers" is used when talking about every other QB.