PDA

View Full Version : Joe T

catcher_0_3
03-26-2007, 05:01 PM
I havn't been keeping up with the Tampa Bay offseason, or with their O-line very much. So I was wondering if there was any chance yall would take Joe Thomas at 4 if both Calvin and Gaines Adams were gone. I know Gruden is drooling over Okoye, but would 4 still be too high even in Gruden's eyes?

etk
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Many feel that 4 is not too high for Okoye anymore, but I'm sure we would try to move down if CJ is gone. I don't think we will take Thomas at all because we have a competent starter and good depth at LT, and it's not the most important position on our line, let alone our team.

Caddy
03-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Joe Thomas is a definite possibility at #4. He has the ability to anchor the offensive line for a decade and that would be a very nice luxury for Tampa. If neither him or CJ are available then we must do everything we can to trade down.

Bucs4242
03-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Nobody can tell you anything more than there own opinion of what the BUcs will do

Honestly, I am of the opinion that the BUcs will take Joe Thomas before they take Calvin Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Gaines Adams, or anybody else. Then again in 2004 I thought there was no way possible that the BUcs would pass on Vince Wilfork or Steven JAckson for Michael Clayton. In 2005 everyone was convinced Gruden had fallen head over heels for Mike Williams (thank god that wasnt true). So truth is, ourpick could range from CJ, JT, Quinn, Russell, Branch, Okoye, Willis, Adams, or Anderson and maybe you could throw a couple more names in there.

My personal big board for the BUcs would look like this

1) Thomas
2) CJ
3) Adams
4) Okoye
5) Quinn

I pray we end up with Joe Thomas

Caddy
03-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Oh.. You're one of them. By "them" I am referring to someone wanting anybody over Calvin Johnson.

Bucs4242
03-31-2007, 01:57 AM
Are you talking to me? Did you even read my post?

Caddy
03-31-2007, 02:56 AM
I am of the opinion that the BUcs will take Joe Thomas before they take Calvin Johnson, Amobi Okoye, Gaines Adams, or anybody else.

I pray we end up with Joe Thomas

Does that answer your question

Bucsfan
03-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Okoye at 4 wouldnt be THAT big of a reach, I think the Bucs are possibly putting this as there draft board

1.Calvin Johnson
2.Joe Thomas
3.Amobi Okoye
4.Laron Landry

maybe even quinn, I wouldnt be opposed to any of those player, not even Quinn

TRJ997
03-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Over the past month, the Bucs apparent interest in JT has waned some. There was a time when it was a tossup between he and CJ. Now, however, I think we would trade down with ARI if he is available when we pick.

I'd personally like to have him if CJ is gone.

etk
03-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Over the past month, the Bucs apparent interest in JT has waned some. There was a time when it was a tossup between he and CJ. Now, however, I think we would trade down with ARI if he is available when we pick.

Maybe that has to do with signing Luke Petitgout, and not signing a true DT?

Booger
04-01-2007, 12:35 AM
In 2005 everyone was convinced Gruden had fallen head over heels for Mike Williams (thank god that wasnt true).

Ummmm, everybody knew that Gruden fell in love with Cadillac at the Senior Bowl. I would have bet anything that Cadillac would become a Buc if available in 2005.

Mike Williams was the ultimate smokescreen, nothing more. If they really liked him, Im sure that Detroit would trade him here.

Caddy
04-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Okoye at 4 wouldnt be THAT big of a reach, I think the Bucs are possibly putting this as there draft board

1.Calvin Johnson
2.Joe Thomas
3.Amobi Okoye
4.Laron Landry

maybe even quinn, I wouldnt be opposed to any of those player, not even Quinn

I like that board but I really think Gaines Adams should be there somewhere.

catcher_0_3
04-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I like that board but I really think Gaines Adams should be there somewhere.

If the pick comes down to Okoye and Adams, who do you think the Bucs will take?

Booger
04-13-2007, 05:36 PM
If the pick comes down to Okoye and Adams, who do you think the Bucs will take?

Good question, and as much as Gruden like's Okoye (at least as a person), I dont think that you can pass on the superior talent of Gaines Adams.

Reaching on a guy by 5-10 picks is fine when you pick in the latter part of the round (like Davin Joseph), but not at #4. Screwing up at #4 can set your franchise back a few years.

Bradentonian
04-13-2007, 11:08 PM
Thomas would be my optimal pick if we weren't able to trade down, however I would prefer we trade down and pick up a DL along with an extra 2nd rounder.

etk
04-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Our feelings on the value and rankings of players has no bearing on our coaches and their outlook. Many of you have Thomas ranked as an elite prospect, but I have a feeling that Okoye is not far off on our team board at all. For all we know our management may think he is not a reach at #4 and it's fine value. I'm pretty positive that Gruden likes Okoye over Adams at the very least, because DE is a greater need IMO. Okoye would have to be rated ahead of Adams for us to take him because of the needs factor. I have been led to believe that we rank him very highly because of the Gruden-Okoye rumours, otherwise Adams would be a sure bet (greater need).

Caddy
04-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Our feelings on the value and rankings of players has no bearing on our coaches and their outlook. Many of you have Thomas ranked as an elite prospect, but I have a feeling that Okoye is not far off on our team board at all. For all we know our management may think he is not a reach at #4 and it's fine value. I'm pretty positive that Gruden likes Okoye over Adams at the very least, because DE is a greater need IMO. Okoye would have to be rated ahead of Adams for us to take him because of the needs factor. I have been led to believe that we rank him very highly because of the Gruden-Okoye rumours, otherwise Adams would be a sure bet (greater need).

I agree that Okoye is probably ranked high on our draft board, and along with Thomas and Adams is amongst the mix of who to pick if CJ is gone.

Three Step Drop
04-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Interesting we are not going to see JT en-masse - a smokescreen by the Bucs ?

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers took a delegation to Atlanta for a Friday morning workout with receiver Calvin Johnson. Specifically, coach Jon Gruden, G.M. Bruce Allen, quarterback Chris Simms, and receivers Michael Clayton and David Boston made the trip.

Noticeably absent was presumed starter Jeff Garcia.

From there, the caravan will head to South Bend for a Saturday workout of quarterback Brady Quinn, and then to Baton Rouge for a look-see at JaMarcus Russell.

Receiver Maurice Stovall, who played with Quinn at Notre Dame, will participate in the quarterback workouts. Simms won't.

Our take? The Bucs are preparing for the possibility that one of these three players will be available when Tampa picks at No. 4. It could be, however, that their real target is left tackle Joe Thomas, and that the powers-that-be are hoping that both quarterbacks will be gone in the first three picks.

Caddy
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm pretty sure the Bucs worked him out already

zCaddyz
04-14-2007, 09:36 PM
i hope the bucs dont take joe or adams well i wont kill myself if we took joe but i like next years DE

edit.Campbell soup any1 thats if he comes out

Phrost
04-14-2007, 11:25 PM
The last thing we need is 3 very large and long investments on the Offensive line....not including Petitgout. Say no to Thomas, take second BPA or trade down.

Fresh
04-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Please take Gaines Adams over JT
Gives us some flexablity to pick compensation for Rice via trade.
When Adams shows improvement through mid year we trade Rice like we did McFatty. A team could fork over a 2nd rounder for Rice pending how bad they need a DE. My board looks like this
1) Calvin Johnson
2) Gaines Adams
3) Amobi Okoye
4) Laron Landry
5) Patrick Willis

Caddy
04-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Please take Gaines Adams over JT
Gives us some flexablity to pick compensation for Rice via trade.
When Adams shows improvement through mid year we trade Rice like we did McFatty. A team could fork over a 2nd rounder for Rice pending how bad they need a DE. My board looks like this
1) Calvin Johnson
2) Gaines Adams
3) Amobi Okoye
4) Laron Landry
5) Patrick Willis

I recognise your name, you are from Pewterreport message boards if I'm not mistaken.

ks_perfection
04-22-2007, 08:59 AM
You'd take Willis over Quinn and JT?

Fresh
04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I recognise your name, you are from Pewterreport message boards if I'm not mistaken.

yeah same username on Pewterreport. Who is this

Caddy
04-22-2007, 04:26 PM
yeah same username on Pewterreport. Who is this

I've posted under the username jacksmith a few times for some reason. Don't really like it over there anyway.