PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Mock w/ Trades and Playoff Picture

OSUGiants17
11-25-2011, 06:41 PM
http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/NFL%20Draft%20logo.jpg

Draft order made by using ESPN's Playoff Machine to determine teams final records.

Final Records:
http://i43.tinypic.com/35jwax0.png

Playoffs:
NFC- Saints > Cowboys
Giants > Falcons

Packers > Giants
Saints > 49ers

Packers > Saints

AFC- Steelers > Raiders
Texans > Broncos

Ravens > Steelers
Patriots > Texans

Ravens > Patriots

Super Bowl: Ravens > Packers 27-21

NOTE- I do not have Matt Barkley declaring. He has a real shot at being a Heisman winner, and #1 overall pick in 2013 and he can finally go bowling.

DRAFT:
1. Colts- Andrew Luck, QB Stanford
Obvious Reason

2. Cardinals(f/ Panthers)- Matt Kalil, OT, USC
Cardinals trade this years 1st and 3rd for Kolb protection.

3. Vikings- Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State
Don't feel Claiborne is worth pick 3.

4. Colts(f/ Redskins)- Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford
Redskins trade their 1st and 2nd round picks this year for Peyton Manning. With Luck in Indy Peyton will want out. Shanny will be on the hot seat and won't want to trust a rookie to save his career so he trades for Manning. The Colts get protection for Luck.

5. Rams- Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
With the top O-Linemen gone, they get Bradford some weapons.

6. Panthers(f/ Cardinals)- Morris Claiborne
In a passing division and with Alshon Jeffery's stock dropping CB is the best pick they can make here.

7. Dolphins- Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
An athletic QB to bring a real spark to an offense that already has some playmakers.

8. Jaguars- Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina
I am not a fan of Gabbert, but if he is going to be the Jaguars QB he will need someone to throw to.

9. Browns- Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
As much as I love Colt McCoy, he is not the answer.

10. Chargers- David DeCastro, OG, Stanford
Chargers O-Line needs retooling.

11. Chiefs- Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
Cassel didn't work out as well as they had hoped and Haley will most likely be gone, which means a new QB.

12. Seahawks- Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
I see the Seahawks signing Matt Flynn and with no QBs left it works out perfectly. Trent Richardson is considered the best RB prospect since Peterson so the Seahawks would be silly not to take him here.

13. Eagles- Devin Still, DT, Penn State
Eagles can't stuff the run so they need to go DT or ILB and with Still being the best value at either position he is the pick.

14. Bills- Vinny Curry, OLB, Marshall
Bills need to inject some youth into that Defense.

15. Titans- Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina

16. Tampa Bay- Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

17. Jets- Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis

18. Bears- Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

19. Lions- Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina

20. Bengals- Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska

21. Cowboys- Janoris Jenkins, CB, Northern Alabama

22. Broncos- Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia

23. Browns(f/ Falcons)- Lamar Miller, RB, Miami

24. Bengals(f/ Raiders)- Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson

25. Giants- Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College

26. Steelers- Alameda Ta’amu, NT, Washington

27. Texans- Kendall Wright, WR, Baylor

28. 49ers- Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

29. Patriots- Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

30. Titans(f/ Patriots via Saints)- Mohamed Sanu, WR, Rutgers

31. Packers- Courtney Upshaw, OLB, Alabama

32. Ravens- TJ McDonald, S, USC

Round 2
1. Colts- Mark Barron, S, Alabama

2. Panthers- Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin

3. Colts(f/ Redskins)- Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State

4. Rams- Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

5. Eagles(f/ Cardinals)- Dont’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama

6. Dolphins- Ronnell Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma

7. Vikings- Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

8. Jaguars- Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia

9. Chargers- Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia

10. Chiefs- Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State

11. Browns- Rueben Randle, WR, LSU

12. Seahawks- Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

13. Bills- Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU

14. Patriots(f/ Titans)- Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State

15. Eagles- Robert Lester, S, Alabama

16. Jets- Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas

17. Bears- Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina

18. Lions- Zebrie Sanders, OT, Florida State

19. Tampa Bay- LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

20. Bengals- Chris Polk, RB, Washington

21. Cowboys- Ryan Miller, OG, Colorado

22. Broncos- Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin

23. Falcons- Levy Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State

24. Patriots(f/ Raiders)- Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State

25. Giants- Nate Potter, OT, Boise State

26. Steelers- Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

27. Texans- Josh Chapman, NT, Alabama

28. 49ers- Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin

29. Patriots- Jared Crick, DL, Nebraska

30. Saints- Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska

31. Packers- Billy Winn, DT, Boise State

32. Ravens- Mike Martin, NT, Michigan

JPF
11-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Using the trade value charts...the Panthers trade down 1000 points in value and only got around 250 points in return? I know those charts aren't the end all be all, but that's a huge difference.

If the Panthers were to go offense in the 2nd round, it would be OT with Riley Reiff. WR is a need but they are better suited getting an experienced player in free agency. The team already has 5 young WR's on the roster (6 if you include Gettis who's on IR). Another young receiver isn't the answer unless it's someone you view as a future #1 to eventually replace Steve Smith in that role. Hard to say Toon fits that.

Also, it's hard to see any team trading that much for Peyton given the uncertainty of his health.

shylo3716
11-25-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/NFL%20Draft%20logo.jpg

13. Eagles- Devin Still, DT, Penn State
Eagles can't stuff the run so they need to go DT or ILB and with Still being the best value at either position he is the pick.

5. Eagles(f/ Cardinals)- Dont’a Hightower, ILB, Alabama

15. Eagles- Robert Lester, S, Alabama

http://www.clker.com/cliparts/7/0/2/7/1195423550187356949molumen_red_approved_stamp.svg. hi.png

coordinator0
11-25-2011, 06:56 PM
Those Ravens picks are ugly. Taking McDonald when Reiff AND Burfict on the board is a terrible pick every time. Mike Adams would even be better. We have absolutely no need for a NT either. If we're going to take a DL it's going to be a DE.

ellsy82
11-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Ravens winning the Superbowl is like a pinecone being shoved up my ass. Having said that.

1. Alameda Ta'amu - Don't think theyr'e looking for a 2-down lineman with their first pick. Different era. Hampton is the same mold, and he was drafted by Cowher. Tomlin likes his linemen scheme diverse.

2. Kelechi Osemele - I'd be okay with him in the second...but if they pick him over Wiscy's Kevin Zeitler...Ima drive to Pittsburgh and murder Colbert myself.

CJSchneider
11-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Nice N.O. pick.

fenikz
11-25-2011, 07:34 PM
i think it would certainly cost more than a 3rd to trade up for Kalil but i'd be fine with trading whatever it took to get him

49erNation85
11-25-2011, 07:58 PM
solid sf .

Ngatachance92
11-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Ravens winning the Superbowl is like a pinecone being shoved up my ass.

Enjoy your pine cone sir.

Thecollegedropout
11-25-2011, 08:58 PM
No OT or OLB in any of the 1st 2 rounds makes this a bad mock draft for the Jets.

NT isn't the 1st need. Upshaw should be the man in round 1.

bored of education
11-25-2011, 09:54 PM
I would rape kittens for the draft for KC. In other words that's a good thing

shylo3716
11-25-2011, 10:11 PM
Why no David Wilson?

indyfan1985
11-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Love the trade for the Colts in getting a 1st and 2nd for Manning from Washingon!

However, I do NOT want T Jonathon Martin at the 4 spot. Would MUCH rather have CB Morris Claiborne or RB Trent Richardson there.

With the 2nd round pick aquired from the trade with Washington, give us RT Riley Reiff instead.

RCSooner
11-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Great Dolphins draft.

Vaylor
11-26-2011, 05:03 AM
Billy Winn would be a better fit for the Patriots scheme than Jared Crick. What did the Patriots gain from trading down?

Brothgar
11-26-2011, 06:05 AM
One problem thus far. Dallas projected at 9-7 and Lions projected at 9-7 mean that the Lions make the playoffs over the Cowboys from head to head.

Personally, I would rather have Potter in the second but that could easily change by post season.

T-RICH49
11-26-2011, 08:13 AM
major +rep for KC's draft

thebow305
11-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Great Phins draft! I would prefer Jenkins if we go pass rusher in the 2nd, but either way I'd be happy.

Matthew Jones
11-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Brandon Jenkins is a little too reminiscent of Everette Brown, a guy New England passed on multiple times. Belichick doesn't seem to like drafting 4-3 defensive ends as 3-4 outside linebackers. Markelle Martin should be a third or fourth rounder and nothing more than a backup/rotational guy in the NFL; Martin has "questionable" instincts, takes inefficient angles to the ball, and isn't quick to support the run. Jared Crick would be nice but he might be a little too small for Belichick's tastes; he weighs only 285 pounds or so. I would have given New England Upshaw, Barron, Winn, and Crick without the trade down.

Xiomera
11-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Lions won't go Linebacker in round 1. OT or CB

Trogdor
11-26-2011, 03:34 PM
One problem thus far. Dallas projected at 9-7 and Lions projected at 9-7 mean that the Lions make the playoffs over the Cowboys from head to head.

Personally, I would rather have Potter in the second but that could easily change by post season.

Tiebreakers have to be broken done. Three or more teams tiebreaker first. You're tied with the Bears as well. Division tie-breakers are done first (which means you were eliminated here most likely down to conference record but impossible to tell without the OP's results). Following that it goes to non-divisional tiebreakers which was Chicago vs Dallas. Dallas had a superior conference record which sees them in as the sixth seed.

:P I don't see us going 2-3 in the last 5 or losing to the Giants twice as predicted though.

As for the picks. Jenkins will have to jump through ALL of the character hoops as JG has really pushed the "right kind of guy" approach to the team. Bad apples aren't welcome. If he does then it's a steal and an excellent pick. More than likely I don't see him on our board.

Don't mind the 2nd round pick :)

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2011, 05:39 PM
I was a little upset when I first saw the Eagles 1st round pick, but I do love this scenario.

rawdawg
11-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Like the Bears draft, though not sure if Dwight Jones is a fit in the offense. Fills 2 big needs with BPA at those positions and maybe even overall.

That being said, Bears are making the playoffs. Don't let the Cutler injury fool you. Still got KC, Denver, Seattle and Minnesota on the schedule. If the Bears beat the Raiders tomorrow and the Saints win at home vs. the Giants and Lions in the next 8 days...the Bears will essentially have a 3 game lead on both WC spots after they beat KC next week. :)

prock
11-27-2011, 10:11 AM
Perfect Vikings mock.

BaLLiN
11-27-2011, 10:27 AM

this is true, conference record is only resorted to if the two tied wildcard teams did not play each other

OSUGiants17
11-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Blame ESPN for that one, I just went with what it told me lol.

Tiebreakers have to be broken done. Three or more teams tiebreaker first. You're tied with the Bears as well. Division tie-breakers are done first (which means you were eliminated here most likely down to conference record but impossible to tell without the OP's results). Following that it goes to non-divisional tiebreakers which was Chicago vs Dallas. Dallas had a superior conference record which sees them in as the sixth seed.

:P I don't see us going 2-3 in the last 5 or losing to the Giants twice as predicted though.

I actually have them splitting the series with the home team winning each game, idk where you got them losing to the Giants twice from.