PDA

View Full Version : Who gets the last AFC wild card?

bearsfan_51
11-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I like to try these polls now to look back on when the season is over. For my first, I'm already assuming that New England, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh are going to make the playoffs. I'm also assuming that the wild card will not come out of the AFC West. This leaves three serious contenders in my mind:

1) Cincinnati Bengals (6-4)
-5-3 in the AFC.
-Win over Tennessee
-3-2 in their last 5 games.

2) New York Jets (5-5)
-4-5 in the AFC.
-3-2 their last 5 games

3) Tennessee Titans (5-5)
-4-4 in the AFC.
-2-3 in their last 5 games.
-Loss to Cincinnati

There is an outside chance that Houston could stumble without Schaub, finish at 9-7, lose the division and win the wild card. But that would take a lot.

AntoinCD
11-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Im going to say the Jets...unfortunately. They have two tough games left against NYG and Phi and a possible tough one against Mia in week 17 but I'd be surprised if they went worst than 4-2 the rest of the way but more than likely 5-1.

The Bengals have 3 cupcakes against Cle, Stl and Ari. But their other three are Pit, Bal and Hou. They need to take the game against Hou or hope to upset one of their division rival. I think they'll go 3-3.

The Titans for me have 3 wins, one toss up against TB and 2 losses to NO and Hou. Even if they beat TB they would still probably need to beat either Hou or NO to make it

Rosebud
11-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Bengals have 4 games they should win left on their schedule and 2 divisional matchups which are always close. I think they'll get in.

Raiderz4Life
11-26-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm going with the Bengals. Hard to tell how Dalton will perform when the pressure of playoffs gets put on him but if he can play like he has they have a good chance. Their defense is solid and other than Pitt and Balti they have very winnable games. I think they can at least split the Pitt and Balti games.

SuperMcGee
11-26-2011, 03:11 PM
CJ Thriller and the Revolution are going to roll off consecutive wins over the Jets and Tits, ending this debate in short order.

Jets shouldn't have much trouble with the majority of offenses they have left to face, but I don't think they can run things for the rest of the year. I think Cincinnati takes it with even a couple of losses. There really aren't that many impressive wins between these teams, but I like the Bengals' fight and think they can pull it out.

Vaylor
11-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Like a god damn **** roach the Jets will crawl into the playoffs once again. I hope they lose to the Patriots in the AFC Title game this time.

nobodyinparticular
11-26-2011, 03:42 PM
I like to try these polls now to look back on when the season is over. For my first, I'm already assuming that New England, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh are going to make the playoffs. I'm also assuming that the wild card will not come out of the AFC West. This leaves three serious contenders in my mind:

1) Cincinnati Bengals (6-4)
-5-3 in the AFC.
-Win over Tennessee
-3-2 in their last 5 games.

2) New York Jets (5-5)
-4-5 in the AFC.
-3-2 their last 5 games

3) Tennessee Titans (5-5)
-4-4 in the AFC.
-2-3 in their last 5 games.
-Loss to Cincinnati

There is an outside chance that Houston could stumble without Schaub, finish at 9-7, lose the division and win the wild card. But that would take a lot.

No shot for the Broncos, eh?

bearsfan_51
11-26-2011, 03:45 PM
No shot for the Broncos, eh?
There might be one team in the AFC West that can reach 9-7. I'm skeptical there will be two.

sbh15
11-26-2011, 04:16 PM
every time i do that playoff predictor thing on espn, i end up with the raiders winning the west and either cincy or san diego getting the last wild card spot. i voted other because i don't know how much longer the bengals will hold up.

J-Mike88
11-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I'll take Sanchez over Dalton.

Timbathia
11-26-2011, 08:08 PM
There might be one team in the AFC West that can reach 9-7. I'm skeptical there will be two.

Broncos and raiders have played each other twice. No one is sold on Tebow, but the Broncos schedule is quite soft. Interestingly the broncos beat two of thos teams in the poll, and could easily have beat the third.

Not saying it will, but definitely could happen.

OzTitan
11-27-2011, 04:07 PM
I think both WC spots go to the AFC North.

BaLLiN
11-27-2011, 09:57 PM
I'll take Sanchez over Dalton.

thats not something you hear everyday

Vegas15
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM
I'd say it's gotta be Pittsburgh.

DraftSavant
11-28-2011, 12:14 AM
I'd say it's gotta be Pittsburgh.

God damn it...

49erNation85
11-28-2011, 12:18 AM
tebow and the broncos are heading into the play offs.... Ya all gonna **** when it happens.

Vegas15
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
God damn it...
What?!? Pittsburgh has not lived up to the expectations I had for them. They will however still make the playoffs because they only need a couple more wins. Simple math dude.

Vegas15
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
tebow and the broncos are heading into the play offs.... Ya all gonna **** when it happens.
I really wish John Elway would get off his case. Best record aside from the pack the past several weeks.

DraftSavant
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
What?!? Pittsburgh has not lived up to the expectations I had for them. They will however still make the playoffs because they only need a couple more wins. Simple math dude.

From the OP:

For my first, I'm already assuming that New England, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh are going to make the playoffs.

Vegas15
11-28-2011, 12:23 AM
From the OP:Lol I honestly didn't read that. How is that fair to assume though? There's still a ways to go.

niel89
11-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Lol I honestly didn't read that. How is that fair to assume though? There's still a ways to go.

The Steelers schedule is pretty easy aside from the 49ers game and the other Bengals game. Batimore and Pitt are should be easy playoff locks.

Vegas15
11-28-2011, 12:51 AM
The Steelers schedule is pretty easy aside from the 49ers game and the other Bengals game. Batimore and Pitt are should be easy playoff locks.
Idk, those old guys on D may not be able to keep up play for that long. Remember how poorly they played when Polomalu was out a few years ago? I'm not sold. I say Denver followed by the steelers limping in.

rickscott
11-29-2011, 12:28 PM
It may not be easy, but I see the Bengals beating Balt in Cincy and their only remaining loss being to the Steelers and that isn't a sure thing. The Steelers offense has scored a grand total of 1 offensive TD in the past 2 Bengal games. If the offense can keep from making miscues, I actually think the Bengals can beat the Steelers in Pitts. They need to get Carlos Dunlap back as he is their best pass rusher and hasn't played "healthy" in some time with a bad hammy. Also, they need to move Pacman to PR in place of Tate who gives them nothing. Bengals need to win 10 maybe 11 to get into playoffs.

jrdrylie
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
The Bengals have a great chance to beat the Texans. They will almost certainly beat the Rams and the Cardinals. I think they can win a game against either the Steelers or Ravens (more likely the Ravens). 10-6 should be enough to get them in the playoffs and 11-5 definitely will.

The Broncos might beat the Vikings. But then they have Chicago and New England. The Bills are in free fall so they should win that and beat Kansas City to close out the season. Based on the playoff simulations I've done. Even if they finish 10-6, which I think is unlikely, the Bengals at 10-6 would get in. They pretty much have to win out to make it in.

The Jets hopes hinge on that last game against Miami. They win, they might get in. But I think they lose that game, giving the last spot to Cincinnati.

jth1331
11-29-2011, 02:21 PM
The Broncos might beat the Vikings. But then they have Chicago and New England. The Bills are in free fall so they should win that and beat Kansas City to close out the season. Based on the playoff simulations I've done. Even if they finish 10-6, which I think is unlikely, the Bengals at 10-6 would get in. They pretty much have to win out to make it in.

1. The Bears game is very winnable with Hanie back there.
2. The Broncos beat the Bengals head to head, so they would get in over the Bengals in that scenario.

jrdrylie
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
1. The Bears game is very winnable with Hanie back there.
2. The Broncos beat the Bengals head to head, so they would get in over the Bengals in that scenario.

1. I think Tebow will be figured out by then. I think they lose this week against Minnesota. If not, I find it hard to believe a defense full of veterans in the front 7 (Peppers, Urlacher, Briggs) are going to be beat by Tebow.
2. Forgot about that. But I don't think it matters. I think the Broncos finish 9-7 and the Bengals at least 10-6.

FlyingElvis
11-29-2011, 03:00 PM
I believe in the Bengals!!!

Still sounds weird . . .

thats not something you hear everyday

With good reason. Somebody hasn't seen much of the Sanchize lately. I'd take the soulless ginger every time.

J-Mike88
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I believe in the Bengals!!!

Still sounds weird . . . .
Bring back the Ickey Shuffle dammit!

bearsfan_51
11-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Lol I honestly didn't read that. How is that fair to assume though? There's still a ways to go.
Name the amount of money you want to bet that any of those three teams don't make the playoffs.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Well this is a fun race. Glad I included Tennessee in the original poll, although only 4 people voted for them.