PDA

View Full Version : Who WON'T make the playoffs?

bearsfan_51
11-26-2011, 01:19 PM
This one is a little different because we're talking about both wild cards. In this case, I'm asking which of the three teams you think is LEAST likely to make the playoffs.

Chicago Bears (7-3)
-6-3 in the NFC
-5-0 in their last five games
-Split series with Detroit
-Win over Atlanta
-No Jay Cutler

Detroit Lions (7-4)
-6-4 in the NFC
-2-3 in their last five games
-Split series with Chicago
-Loss to Atlanta
-Suh suspension?

Atlanta Falcons (6-4)
-4-4 in the NFC
-4-1 in their last five games
-Beat Detroit, Loss to Chicago

Atlanta could win the NFC South and New Orleans could miss the playoffs, but I'm keeping this one simple.

AntoinCD
11-26-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm going for Detroit.

Even without Cutler Chicago's schedule is the easiet of the three teams.

I like Atlanta most of the way home with the exceptions of NO and possibly Hou.

Detroit have a tough run in.
@ NO
vs Min
@ Oak
vs SD
@ GB

They probably will lose to NO and GB which would mean 10-6 at best and Oakland and SD will be tough

bearsfan_51
11-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Green Bay could have nothing to play for.

Raiderz4Life
11-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm picking detroit. My man crush/obsession with Megatron is well known but even still, Stafford has looked pretty bad as of late as has the whole team. I give them their only wins Minny and San Diego if GB decides to rest its starters.

AntoinCD
11-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Green Bay could have nothing to play for.

True but they could have an unbeaten regular season to play for as well. Either way I don't see them lying down on the last day of the season if it helps the Lions get in

nobodyinparticular
11-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I could see both Chicago and Detroit missing the playoffs. Chicago with Cutler out and Detroit with the tough schedule and Stafford struggling. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the AFC East teams (Giants, Cowboys) make the playoffs as a wild card. They are both veteran teams with good QBs and a great pass rush.

bearsfan_51
11-26-2011, 02:26 PM
The problem is that the Giants and the Cowboys play each other twice. Someone will come out on the winning end of that and take the division, but the loser won't.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Chicago. Maybe I should give Hanie some more credit, but I just can't. Atlanta's remaining schedule is extremely easy (shocked if more than 2 losses) and I don't think GB will go all out last week of the season against DET.

fenikz
11-26-2011, 03:33 PM
I feel like the packers have enough depth that even if Rodgers, Jennings & Driver sit Flynn, Jordy, Cobb & Jones would still tear it up

J-Mike88
11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I feel like the Packers have enough depth that even if Rodgers, Jennings & Driver sit Flynn, Jordy, Cobb & Jones would still tear it up
< Please don't give MetSox other ideas like that for new Packer threads.
The Bears will be fine without Cutler, because that schedule is cupcake.

Iamcanadian
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Being a Detroit fan, I'm obviously biased but with Cutler down, the Bears will not make the playoffs, just too many games yet to play.

Brent
11-26-2011, 06:38 PM
I clicked Bears, but meant to choose Lions.

My mistake.

billybeejr
11-26-2011, 06:43 PM
We're about to see how great of a player Cutler actually is. I expect a big drop off in production from that offense that already wasn't very potent. I'm pick chicago to finish 9-7.

I think detroit has also been exposed. If they don't get their **** together they will miss the playoffs too.

RaiderNation
11-26-2011, 06:46 PM
I've been saying ATL will make a deep playoff run all sesson, and I think the Bears will edge out Detroit to get the final wildcard spot.

CJSchneider
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
I went with Detroit. I think they have the toughest schedule through the rest of the season.

JBCX
11-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm leaning toward the Bears. Their defense is overrated, and their offense has the potential to be god-awful with Hanie at the helm. They can't win every game with special teams.

Raiderz4Life
11-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I accidently pressed the Bears but I think they will make it. They have a creampuff schedule and I think Caleb could be an upgrade over Cutler.

The Lions seem to be veering off the rails and I think this season will be a learning experience for them and they won't make it.

You're off your rocker if you really thing Caleb > Cutler.

TitleTown088
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Bears and Detroit miss out.

RCAChainGang
11-28-2011, 01:15 AM
... The Colts

Weeze
11-28-2011, 05:58 AM
i think the lions will miss out. chicago and ATL have the easier schedules. plus i feel like they're very predictable and trying too hard to force the ball to Calvin at critical moments while he's triple covered, when burleson, titus young and pettigrew are more than capable of making a play. His early success, in my opinion, gave the lions the false impression that he can do anything at anytime, but now the defenses have caught on. if they don't start to do something different, they'll miss out for sure.

Scotty D
11-28-2011, 06:22 AM
If Hanie leads the Bears to the playoffs I'll poop my pants.

Smooth Criminal
11-28-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm torn between Detroit and Chicago. Chicago seems to have an easier schedule however I have no faith in Caleb Hanie.

Halsey
11-28-2011, 07:19 AM
Everything is working out for the Falcons to make the playoffs. You're crazy if you pick them. Next week they play a Houston team that's lost it's 15 best players to injuries and will start the 2nd string practice squad QB. It's not out of the question for the Falcons to win their last 5 games.

jth1331
11-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Chicago has two very winnable games in Seattle and Kansas City even with Hanie starting.
Every other game is questionable due to their QB.
With Cutler, they probably would've easily ended up with 11 wins. Now it might be tough just getting to 10. I honestly really see the Bears only winning 2 more games, finishing up 9-7.

I think Detroit finishes up 10-6 with wins over Minnesota, Oakland and San Diego.

Atlanta finishes up 11-5.

sbh15
11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
i can't see detroit doing better than 2-3 to finish the season. i think they definitely lose to green bay and new orleans, then lose one to either san diego or oakland. probably oakland, since that's a road game. that puts them at 9-7 which is not strong position. atlanta won't do worse than 10-6, and chicago's schedule is easy enough for, 10-6, even with hanie

bucfan12
11-28-2011, 09:22 AM
I think Chicago's out, with Detroit and Atlanta sneaking in. Losing Cutler really hurt the Bears

georgiafan
11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
i think wildcards are falcons and loser of nfc east

J-Mike88
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
i think wildcards are falcons and loser of nfc east
The Bears have the Chefs in Chicago, then @ Broncos, and then home vs Seattle the next 3 weeks.
They'll bounce back with 3 wins there and move back to the front of the pack.

Then at Green Bay in week 16, and then finish in Minnesota.

The Bears could easily go 4-1 in these 5 games with that defense, Hester, and Forte.

Pencil the Bears into the playoffs.
What's their H2H tiebreakers vs Atlanta and Dallas?

georgiafan
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM
The Bears have the Chefs in Chicago, then @ Broncos, and then home vs Seattle the next 3 weeks.
They'll bounce back with 3 wins there and move back to the front of the pack.

Then at Green Bay in week 16, and then finish in Minnesota.

The Bears could easily go 4-1 in these 5 games with that defense, Hester, and Forte.

Pencil the Bears into the playoffs.
What's their H2H tiebreakers vs Atlanta and Dallas?

I know those are some easy matchups they have but I dont see them going 4-1 without Cutler I'd say 3-2

Bulldogs
11-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Do you trust this man?

http://i.imgur.com/8tJA8.png