PDA

View Full Version : SVM 2 rounds 11/26

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Alright boys, two rounder. Lets not get to hung up on order here. Yes I did predict W/L records and mocked a playoff with a SB winner.

Notable returning:

Matt Barkley
D.J. Fluker
Robert Lester
Donte Paige-Moss
Tommy Streeter

First Round

1. Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Luck, QB Stanford: Not much to say about this one, I think they should trade it, but it’s not what I think they should do, It’s what I think they will do.

2. St. Louis Rams- Matt Kalil OT USC: Rodger Saffold has gone through a major regression this year and the Rams have learned how very important it is to keep their young signal caller up. Also could try and get him a big target to throw to for the long haul but the acquisition of Brandon Lloyd has given them a stop gap at the position for at least the near future. They could also use a true #1 corner so don’t rule out Morris Claiborn as another option and for a splash they might take Trent Richardson as an heir apparent to Jackson wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility either.

3. Carolina Panthers – Morris Claiborn, CB LSU: I thought long and hard about this pick. The Panthers NEED to make a splash on defense with this pick, I would especially have liked to give you guys a DT but after much thought could not justify placing one this high. Morris Claiborn is no slouch though and will bolster the secondary opposite Chris Gamble

4. Minnesota Vikings – Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma St: The Vikings made a huge mistake in letting Sidney Rice go this past off season. He may not be tearing it up in Seattle but look at the situation. Regardless, what is done is done, and Ponder needs a true #1 target to throw to in order for him to continue to develop. They also need to address the secondary but with Claiborn off the board there is no one who would make enough of a splash here to warrant the pick so WR it is.

5. Cleveland Browns – Michael Floyd, WR ND: There is no shortage of needs for the Browns this year so it is lucky that they have two picks in the first. Many will have RB Trent Richardson here, I am personally a believer in the idea that the Browns get a deal done with Hillis. This team truly needs to get some pieces around McCoy to see whether or not they have their guy or if they need to move on.

6. Kansas City Chiefs – Landry Jones, QB Oklahoma: The Chiefs need a LB but a certain poster has finally gotten through to me about Matt Cassel and I believe that this is the way they decide to go. Johnson can hold it down in the middle and there may be a top ILB still available come the 2nd round

7. Miami Dolphins – Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor: This is a tough pick, I like RGIII and the Dolphins need a QB, however this is kind of up in the air with whoever takes over the team as this regime is probably out. If they like RGIII he is the next best available QB on the board.

8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Alshon Jeffery, WR South Carolina: Jeffery’s draft stock has already taken a hit and has slipped to the #3 WR prospect and it could slip even farther on draft day. However, right now the Jaguars need to give young Gabbert a target to throw to

9. Seattle Seahawks – Trent Richardson, RB Alabama: Lynch hasn’t been terrible this year but with no QB on the board, the Seahawks go BPA here and pick up Trent.

10. Washington Redskins – Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas: Shanahan is kicking himself as again the QB he wanted went a few picks ahead of him while he sat at ten. I see this team making a move up to try and grab RGIII before anyone else does. However Wilson is no slouch and I believe teams will be high on him come draft time, should leapfrog guys like Tannehill.

11. Arizona Cardinals – Mike Adams OT THE Ohio State University: The Cards have hitched their wagon to Kolb for better or for worse and they need to protect him plain and simple. Levi Brown cannot protect the blindside and it needs to be addressed regardless so they go out and land themselves a top Tackle. Many have Jonathan Martin going as the 2nd left tackle, I think this guy will give him a run for his money by the time draft day comes.

12. Philadelphia Eagles – Luke Kuechly LB Boston College: I’m assuming that a new group will be leading the Eagles come draft time and the first thing they will likely do is give some love to a position that the current staff has neglected, the LB position. To do so they go with probably the safest pick of the top 3 LB prospects in Kuechly.

13. Tennessee Titans – David DeCastro OG Stanford: Chris Johnson has struggled this year so the Titans go out and get someone to open up some bigger holes for him while addressing a need. DeCastro is an athletic guard who excels in both the pass and the running game. He can pull and move up into the second level with ease and hit moving targets. If there is anything left to Chris Johnson this move will hopefully bring it out.

14. Buffalo Bills – Melving Ingram DE/OLB South Caroline: A versatile pass rusher for the versatile defense.

15. New York Jets – Reily Reiff OT Iowa: Not the next best OT on the board but the Jets really need help all along the line other then LT and Reiff can play almost every other position on the OL so he will give them some versatility in plugging holes.

16. San Diego Chargers – Jonathan Martin OT Stanford: This line needs some work and the Chargers are ecstatic that Martin fell this far

17. Cincinnati Bengals (F/ Oak) – Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama: The loss of JJ has hit them harder than anyone may have predicted and they need someone opposite Hall immediately.

18. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Zach Brown LB North Carolina: These two’s wagons have seemingly been hitched since earlier this year and rightfully so, perfect fit for their scheme.

19. Cleveland Browns (F/ Atl) – Vinny Curry DE Marshall: Having addressed WR with their first pick, the Browns will now solidify their move to an even front with a pass rusher at the DE position

20. New York Giants – Manti T’eo LB ND: Coughlin would have liked to pick up Kuechly here but since he is gone they turn to T’eo.

21. Denver Broncos – Lamar Miller RB Miami: Elway will be upset that they played their way out of a top QB however the Tebow era continues. Meanwhile he will go BPA to try and get himself some top talent on the team with which to build around.

22. New England Patriots (F/ NO) – Whitney Mercilus DE, Illinois: Not sure what system Bill will be running next season, went with the 4-3. If they decide to go 3-4 this pick is likely to be Upshaw

23. Dallas Cowboys – Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama: Jerry Jones was a good boy last year and made the boring pick to address the OL but don’t expect him to do so this year. His trigger finger will be itchy and he pulls it on Janoris Jenkins.

24. Houston Texans – Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington: Wade gets his mauler in the middle to anchor his new odd front for years to come

25. Cincinnati Bengals – Mark Barron S Alabama: With this pick the Bengals turn their secondary into a strength over night.

26. Chicago Bears – Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State: Might be a bit of a reach here but the Bears CANNOT ignore this OL any longer

27. Pittsburgh Steelers – Cordy Glenn OG Georgia: The OL is in shambles and Pouncy is the only bright spot. A tackle would be better but something is still better than nothing.

28. Detroit Lions – Andrew Datko OT Florida State: Definitely a reach here but the Lions need to take a chance, they need to keep Stafford upright or risk hampering what could be a Franchise guy with an injury plagued career.

29. New England Patriots - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson: many will have a WR here but don’t be surprised if they hold off until the second round. If the pats are truly a 4-3 team now they will want another DT to line up next to Vince and the value here is too good to pass up.

30. San Francisco 49’ers – Alfonzo Denard CB Nebraska: Luckily the 49’ers don’t have a lot of needs this year. Carlos Rodgers is getting older and other than him they don’t have a solid #2 guy. Alfonzo comes into a good situation where he doesn’t need to be the #1 guy right away until Rodgers is gone.

31. Green Bay Packers – Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama: Another team without a lot of wholes the pack take this opportunity to add another player opposite young Matthews.s

32. Baltimore Ravens- Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona State University: Ozzie will trip over himself running the pick up to Goodell himself if Taze falls here. If it happens the Ravens will add another impact player to this defense and an heir apparent to Ray Lewis.

2nd Round

33. Indianapolis Colts – Devon Still DT Penn State: There are a lot of needs on this team and the Colts will go BPA most likely throughout the draft and still address a need

34. St Louis Rams – Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers: The Rams bolster their passing attack with a deep threat in Sanu

35. Carolina Panthers – Jerel Worthy DT State: The Panthers made a splash on D in round one and now they address their weak DL

36. Minnesota Vikings – Nate Potter OT Boise St: Insurance plan for Ponder

37. Cleveland Browns – David Wilson RB Va Tech: Just incase Hillis isn’t back and also adds some nice depth if he does.

38. Kansas City Chiefs – Donta Hightower ILB Alabama: Chiefs addressed QB in the first round and still manage to get a nice compliment to Johnson in the second

39. Miami Dolphins – Nick Toon WR Wisconsin: Nice compliment opposite Marshall

40. Jacksonville Jaguars – Chase Minnifield CB Virginia: Mathis is getting old and after Derek Cox there isn’t much

41. Seattle Seahawks – Brandon Jenkins DE Florida State: The seagulls add a pass rusher opposite Chris Clemons

42. Washington Redskins – Michael Brewster OC THE Ohio State University: Erik Cook is awful

43. Philadelphia Eagles (F/ Ariz) – Chase Thomas OLB Stanford: The new regime continues to give TLC to a neglected Corps

44. Philadelphia Eagles - Jonathan Massaquoi DE Troy: Babin is 31 and Cole is 29 after them there is not much depth

45. Tennessee Titans – Dwayne Allen TE Clemson: Locker will need a safety valve when he becomes the starter.

46. Buffalo Bills – Kendall Wright WR Baylor: Need some targets for Fitz and someone to take some pressure off Johnson

47. New York Jets – Ronnell Lewis DE Oklahoma: Rex gets a nice pass rusher

48. San Diego Chargers – Dontari Poe NT Memphis: No impact pass rushers here so the Chargers add a big mean middle man

49. New England Patriots (F/ Oak) – DeVier Posey WR THE Ohio State University: Big vertical threat who can take the top off.

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt: Ronde Barber is older than Jesus

51. Atlanta Falcons – LaMichael James RB Oregon: Lightning to Turner’s thunder

52. New York Giants – Jarred Crick DL Nebraska: BPA pick at a position of need, can’t ask for much more.

53. Denver Broncos – Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M: Broncos continue the BPA approach and just so happen to land a QB

54. New Orleans Saints – Sean Spence LB Miami: Saints need a LB and Spence has some serious heart

55. Dallas Cowboys – Ryan Miller OG Colorado: Jerry, having itched his itch, will address the OL in the second

56. Houston Texans – Nick Foles QB Arizona: Matt Schaub isn’t getting any younger and there are no legitimate back ups behind him

57. Cincinnati Bengals – Chris Polk RB Washington: Benson is a wildcard on whether or not he can even stay in the league. Can you say insurance policy?

58. Chicago Bears – Cam Johnson DE Virginia: J Pep is not young

59. Pittsburgh Steelers – Josh Chapman NT Alabama: Casey Hampton is nearing the end of his career.

60. Detroit Lions – Leonard Jackson CB Iowa State: Need some bodies in that secondary

61. New England Patriots – Billy Winn DT Boise State: This pick probably gets traded anyway

62. San Francisco 49’ers – Levi Adcock OT Oklahoma State: Anthony Davis has been shaky at times and not much depth behind him

63. Green Bay Packers – Trevor Guyton DL California: Nice 3-4 DE

64. Baltimore Ravens – T.J. McDonald S USC: Replacement for Ed Reed

TACKLE
11-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Ravens get Taze and TJ...

ummmm I'll take it. :D

Matthew Jones
11-26-2011, 07:20 PM
The Patriots will probably be moving back to a 3-4 next year if they can find the personnel for it. The shift to a 4-3 seems like it was made out of necessity (not having the right players to run a 3-4 effectively) rather than voluntarily.

CJSchneider
11-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I like the position for the Saints, but not too hot on the player. Didn't he get in some trouble down at Miami?

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 07:48 PM

haha figured you'd like that

The Patriots will probably be moving back to a 3-4 next year if they can find the personnel for it. The shift to a 4-3 seems like it was made out of necessity (not having the right players to run a 3-4 effectively) rather than voluntarily.

That's what I thought but wasn't sure so I went with the current one. Actually thought about messaging you haha

I like the position for the Saints, but not too hot on the player. Didn't he get in some trouble down at Miami?

I know he had to sit out for that whole booster thing, not sure of any others

RCSooner
11-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Landry Jones is not a first-round quarterback, as evidenced by his performance against Iowa State today.

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 07:52 PM
Landry Jones is not a first-round quarterback, as evidenced by his performance against Iowa State today.

Teams needing a QB at the top of the first round are going to take him regardless

OSUGiants17
11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Don't see how Crick fills a need, but still a good pick

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Don't see how Crick fills a need, but still a good pick

I guess it isn't the most glaring need but gives you an impact player inside that DL

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Wheres our other 2nd rounder?

49erNation85
11-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Solid sf mock. I would rather take a wide out . But two good picks otherwise.

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Wheres our other 2nd rounder?

Thanks for the catch sir:

Philadelphia Eagles - Jonathan Massaquoi DE Troy: Babin is 31 and Cole is 29 after them there is not much depth

Must have deleted it by accident

bearfan
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
I dont think the Bears will be picking that late, but I'm ok with OL in round 1, maybe BPA tall athletic receiver in round 2 or Armstrong.

JPF
11-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Agree with your Panthers pick in the 1st round, dont' want to like your pick for them in the 2nd (just don't feel the answer to our problems on the D-line is another young DT) but with how that board falls...

SoCalBam
11-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Give KC RG3 in 1st and like Hightower in 2nd

ChiFan24
11-26-2011, 09:08 PM
The Bears actually can and probably will ignore the OL a little longer. It's not good yet by any means, but Carimi has RT handled, and Zebrie Sanders wouldn't be viewed as any better than J'Marcus Webb. At this point, they'd be better off letting them gel as a unit than bringing in another LT that isn't a sure thing. I'm sure Bears fans would disagree with me, but I'm confident the Bears would not.

With that in mind, I would probably go best available WR there. The Cam Johnson pick is bonerific.

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Give KC RG3 in 1st and like Hightower in 2nd

I wanted to give you guys RGIII I just don't know if he's Pioli's cup of tea and I did give you Hightower in the second :P

akvikefan89
11-26-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm okay with Blackmon there, but your comment about Sidney Rice is wrong. We had almost no cap space, he's hurt all the time, and Seattle offered him way too much $$$. It sucked to see him go, but it was hard to argue with...

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Agree with your Panthers pick in the 1st round, dont' want to like your pick for them in the 2nd (just don't feel the answer to our problems on the D-line is another young DT) but with how that board falls...

This may be but I really wanted to address the DL as I feel it is a serious point of weakness on your D

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm okay with Blackmon there, but your comment about Sidney Rice is wrong. We had almost no cap space, he's hurt all the time, and Seattle offered him way too much $$$. It sucked to see him go, but it was hard to argue with...

I understand the reasons for it, but you bring in 2 QB's to solver that issue then let go of the top WR.

I think that Blackmon works out better for you in the long run though :) so all worked out in the end

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 09:25 PM
The Bears actually can and probably will ignore the OL a little longer. It's not good yet by any means, but Carimi has RT handled, and Zebrie Sanders wouldn't be viewed as any better than J'Marcus Webb. At this point, they'd be better off letting them gel as a unit than bringing in another LT that isn't a sure thing. I'm sure Bears fans would disagree with me, but I'm confident the Bears would not.

With that in mind, I would probably go best available WR there. The Cam Johnson pick is bonerific.

I don't know, how far can they really get by just gelling? At some point some talent will have to be brought in. While I think that Sanders here would be a reach, I do not doubt his ability to improve the DL, very underrated player.

ChiFan24
11-26-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't know, how far can they really get by just gelling? At some point some talent will have to be brought in. While I think that Sanders here would be a reach, I do not doubt his ability to improve the DL, very underrated player.

They're really not as bad as some Bears fans make it out to be....they're like 16th in the league in sacks allowed. J'Marcus is the weak link over at LT, but he's young and making improvements.....he started his career as a crappy RT, turned into an acceptable RT, became a crappy LT, and is now becoming acceptable there. Mike Tice loves him, so I think they'd be content to let him stay there and let the rest of the line gel.

A lot of their recent success is because Cutler is so good at escaping pressure, but that's kind of the point. If your QB is good at escaping pressure and making plays, why waste resources (draft picks, money) on something he doesn't need? It's kind of the same principle the Steelers seem to use - they make sure the line is acceptable, but they don't seem to concerned with having a great one. They know their QB will make plays anyway.

So with that said, I think they would prefer a WR or DE if all things are roughly equal.

ChiFan24
11-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Nothing against Sanders though.....I actually think he'll go a little higher than you have him. But I don't think he's good enough to warrant adding another young player to a line that seems to be making improvements on its own.

rawdawg
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM

I agree 100%. Webb was really raw coming out. He's started less than 2 full seasons. This is his first at LT. He's been up and down but has shown flashes of being a good player, most recently vs. Trent Cole in Philly. Carimi lost this year, but he'll be back at RT next year and get every chance to stay there for the next 10 years. Lance Louis who has been playing RT very well is the RG of the future. Chris Williams, who is out for the season, was playing the best on the OL....in his 1st full year at LG. With Chris Spencer and Roberto Garza also locked up for next year, I don't think the Bears go OL early. I would love for them to still cut Garza loose though and snatch up Peter Konz in the 1st, if he comes out.

But even still, Forte is averaging 5 ypc and will likely be the 2nd leading rusher in the league after Sunday, despite having a 9 carry, 2 yard game on his resume this season. The pass blocking obviously is improved greatly. Would love to add another 1st round talent, but with Carimi and Williams, the Bears have 2 recent first rounders on their line. Spencer was also a 1st round pick. Webb was a starting OT for Texas before leaving school there. So, it's not like the OL is devoid of talent. And with the Bears history, I wouldn't expect anything more than a late 3rd or 4th round pick on the OL.

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 09:45 PM
They're really not as bad as some Bears fans make it out to be....they're like 16th in the league in sacks allowed. J'Marcus is the weak link over at LT, but he's young and making improvements.....he started his career as a crappy RT, turned into an acceptable RT, became a crappy LT, and is now becoming acceptable there. Mike Tice loves him, so I think they'd be content to let him stay there and let the rest of the line gel.

A lot of their recent success is because Cutler is so good at escaping pressure, but that's kind of the point. If your QB is good at escaping pressure and making plays, why waste resources (draft picks, money) on something he doesn't need? It's kind of the same principle the Steelers seem to use - they make sure the line is acceptable, but they don't seem to concerned with having a great one. They know their QB will make plays anyway.

So with that said, I think they would prefer a WR or DE if all things are roughly equal.

Fair enough sir :) I can't say I 100% agree but I see where you are coming from :)

SimonRath
11-26-2011, 10:36 PM
The falcons just drafted jacquizz rodgers....

Sloopy
11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
The falcons just drafted jacquizz rodgers....

I'll admit it wasn't a great pick but Turner isn't getting any younger and the two could platoon together quite well.

Could have given you guys a DE I just didn't see a DE worth the pick.

It was a tough one I'll admit. Any suggestions for my next one?

bengalbuck
11-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I really like the picks of Kirkpatrick and Polk for the Bengals. Both make good sense.

I'm not sure about Barron. Safety is a big need, but it seems like what I've seen/read about Barron is that he's a bit of a liability in coverage. And really that's the big need at Safety, a guy who excels in coverage. Not sure who that might be in this draft though....

JPF
11-27-2011, 12:10 AM
This may be but I really wanted to address the DL as I feel it is a serious point of weakness on your D

No doubt the D-line is horrible for the Panthers, personally I just think the answer is a veteran with starting experience. We went into the season with a combined 21 starts from the d-linemen on our roster...and 20 of those were by Charles Johnson (I didn't count Antwan Applewhite's 13 starts for the Chargers last year since they were at OLB).

Any way, that's kinda off topic of your mock and I don't want to distract from your hard work.

With how the board falls in your mock Worthy is probably the only pick that makes sense with our biggest need being talent on defense. In that situation I'd have to support the pick.

nepg
11-27-2011, 03:21 AM
The Pats will go back to an odd base next year. The defense they're running is pretty much just their nickel package. It was implemented because of the short off-season. Also the same reason they brought in Andre Carter and Mark Anderson.

wicket
11-27-2011, 03:34 AM

I dont dislike spence but I think that about a round to early for that guy

Razor
11-27-2011, 03:34 AM
Don't forget Haynesworth and his era of dominance in NE... Ugh...

thebow305
11-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Perfect 1st rounder for the Phins, but if we get RG3, i would prefer his boy Kendall in the 2nd. He would be an even better compliment to Bmarsh and would help RG3s transition to the pros.

thebow305
11-27-2011, 06:36 AM
haha figured you'd like that

That's what I thought but wasn't sure so I went with the current one. Actually thought about messaging you haha

I know he had to sit out for that whole booster thing, not sure of any others

That was it, but anyone would be lucky to have sean spence. Hes one of the good guys at mismi that never say anything just always does his job. Never seen a play Sean wasnt around the ball. One of the headiest and cerebral players weve ever had. Vilma would be the best comparison i could give. Gonna miss that guy at the U.

Sloopy
11-27-2011, 08:42 AM
The Pats will go back to an odd base next year. The defense they're running is pretty much just their nickel package. It was implemented because of the short off-season. Also the same reason they brought in Andre Carter and Mark Anderson.

Yes as I said to RoP, I'll make that switch in my next one, wasn't sure so went with the incumbent formation

SimonRath
11-27-2011, 08:59 AM
I'll admit it wasn't a great pick but Turner isn't getting any younger and the two could platoon together quite well.

Could have given you guys a DE I just didn't see a DE worth the pick.

It was a tough one I'll admit. Any suggestions for my next one?

OT would be first on my board along with maybe a TE.

Sloopy
11-27-2011, 09:16 AM
OT would be first on my board along with maybe a TE.

I will certainly factor this into my next one :)

I really like the picks of Kirkpatrick and Polk for the Bengals. Both make good sense.

I'm not sure about Barron. Safety is a big need, but it seems like what I've seen/read about Barron is that he's a bit of a liability in coverage. And really that's the big need at Safety, a guy who excels in coverage. Not sure who that might be in this draft though....

Not a very strong safety class like you said I just gave you my top safety on the board.

RufusMcDaniel
11-27-2011, 09:44 AM
So Dwayne Allen is drafted by the Titans and is returning to school? Hmmmm....

But yeah, Decastro is a great pick, would probably prefer a pass rusher over a TE. Sure, another TE would be nice, but I don't see it as a big need.

prock
11-27-2011, 10:10 AM
That will do for the Vikes.

Sloopy
11-27-2011, 10:43 AM
So Dwayne Allen is drafted by the Titans and is returning to school? Hmmmm....

But yeah, Decastro is a great pick, would probably prefer a pass rusher over a TE. Sure, another TE would be nice, but I don't see it as a big need.

Haha my bad, thought I had taken him off my list of draftable players

the_legend_killer
11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Like the Vikings picks.

Sloopy
11-27-2011, 11:23 AM
That will do for the Vikes.

Like the Vikings picks.

glad I could land you guys some good picks

K Train
11-27-2011, 11:32 AM
cordy glenn is a good pick...starks and gilbert have played very well at tackle, both guard spots have been in shambles though...

much rther have TJ mcdonald in the second over chapman...hood and mcclendon play plently well enough lined up at nose and the steelers just claimed al woods....i like what they have there with heyward and keisel at DE....ryan clark is terrible

cmarq83
11-27-2011, 11:36 AM
That is a pretty meh mock draft for the Patriots to me. Definitely guys the Patriots could pick, but I'd like to see them go for talent if the board shakes out like that. Plus, I think there are too many DT's in your mock. The pats have Wilfork, Love, Pryor, Deaderick, and Brace who're all around for a while, and are competent for the most part.

If I had my choice with that board I'd go

Jenkins
Burfict
Cam Johnson
McDonald

Sloopy
11-27-2011, 11:41 AM
That is a pretty meh mock draft for the Patriots to me. Definitely guys the Patriots could pick, but I'd like to see them go for talent if the board shakes out like that. Plus, I think there are too many DT's in your mock. The pats have Wilfork, Love, Pryor, Deaderick, and Brace who're all around for a while, and are competent for the most part.

If I had my choice with that board I'd go

Jenkins
Burfict
Cam Johnson
McDonald

Yea as I was telling the other posters I wasn't sure of what the scheme would be next year and gave you some guys to help better the personnel group for the 4-3.

I'm gunna do a complete turn around for my next mock as far as the Pats go

T-RICH49
11-27-2011, 11:50 AM
would prefer RG3 over Jones but right posistion.and LOVE the Hightower pick

Sloopy
11-28-2011, 09:00 AM
would prefer RG3 over Jones but right posistion.and LOVE the Hightower pick

I thought that would make KC fans happy :)

Thecollegedropout
11-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Don't mind the Jets picks but Martin and an OLB would be an amazingly good draft.

Sloopy
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't mind the Jets picks but Martin and an OLB would be an amazingly good draft.

Yea I gave you Reiff because I actually have him on the same level as Martin right now and Reiff has actually played all the tackle and guard positions while Martin would need to adjust to the switch.

Lewis will stand up and play OLB in your system :)

vidae
11-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Hightower in the second = slamdunk. Jones in the first ehh. I'd take RG3 or Tyler Wilson instead, but you got the position right. Great job on KC.

DiG
11-28-2011, 10:28 AM
good skins mock. i like wilson should we miss out on RG3/Barkley and Brewster would be great in the 2nd.

Poz51
11-28-2011, 10:33 AM
10. Washington Redskins – Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas:

14. Buffalo Bills – Melving Ingram DE/OLB South Caroline: A versatile pass rusher for the versatile defense.

16. San Diego Chargers – Jonathan Martin OT Stanford: 17. Cincinnati Bengals (F/ Oak) – Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama: 31. Green Bay Packers – Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama:

45. Buffalo Bills – Kendall Wright WR Baylor: Need some targets for Fitz and someone to take some pressure off Johnson

51. New York Giants – Jarred Crick DL Nebraska: BPA pick at a position of need, can’t ask for much more.

Some feedback regarding the Bills first; Ingram is a decent pick, I like Upshaw more from a consistancy stand point, having played in Alabama's 3-4 as primarily a pass rusher, who has improved against the run, and in coverage as well this year. Ingram may have the higher ceiling, but this team needs consistancy more. I will say that I need to see more of Ingram, but what I have seen of him, he seems streaky. The pick in terms of need is spot on, pass rusher looks like the #1 priority right now, and it may not be close. Kirkpatrick and Martin IMO are top ten values and in that respect fit the pick as well. Although Aaron Williams was drafted in the 2nd last year, and has played well IMO, and McKelvin still has 2 years on his contract and IMO has improved this year, McGee is officially an injury problem IMO, and Florence needs help over the top to be effective, both are getting older and you can never have enough CB's now-a-days... At tackle D. Bell, is also an injury concern IMO, and despite improvement has not been on the field, Harrison and Pears both give up too much edge pressure IMO consistantly, and an athletic LT/T like Martin I think would be a good fit. Buddy Nix does like his first round picks from the SE/S area of the country...
I love the Wright pick in the 2nd round, I think he would be a huge upgrade over Donald Jones, and perfect compliment to Johnson (should he stay). Crick would be a nice addition value wise, but I would go Wright myself. Although his talents down the field might not be utilized properly if Fitzy can not get better in the off season throwing the deep ball.

Redskins and Tyler Wilson; I am a big fan of Wilson and what he has done this year, particularly playing well against LSU and Alabama, and I think he was the best QB in the SEC this year. I dont think his mobility (which I think is good, but not special) fits with Shanahans system, although I am not sure if he and Kyle value it as much as they have in the past, and I am not sure he is first round material yet, particulary top ten, and I would think they would move down to get Wilson, but you never know, it could happen. I would agree that the Skins should move up this year to get their man at QB, especially if Barkley returns to school, and RG3 makes sense in that situation. Wilson will be interesting to watch during the off season festivities, he certainly could end up that high.
Again I love the 2nd round pick, Brewster makes sense, and the interior of the offensive line needs to be addressed, particularly at center.

Overall, I thought it was a good effort, nice job!

Sloopy
11-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Hightower in the second = slamdunk. Jones in the first ehh. I'd take RG3 or Tyler Wilson instead, but you got the position right. Great job on KC.

I have RGIII higher than Jones but I wasn't sure who would be coaching/how Pioli would go.

Glad you liked the picks Though

Sloopy
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Some feedback regarding the Bills first; Ingram is a decent pick, I like Upshaw more from a consistancy stand point, having played in Alabama's 3-4 as primarily a pass rusher, who has improved against the run, and in coverage as well this year. Ingram may have the higher ceiling, but this team needs consistancy more. I will say that I need to see more of Ingram, but what I have seen of him, he seems streaky. The pick in terms of need is spot on, pass rusher looks like the #1 priority right now, and it may not be close. Kirkpatrick and Martin IMO are top ten values and in that respect fit the pick as well. Although Aaron Williams was drafted in the 2nd last year, and has played well IMO, and McKelvin still has 2 years on his contract and IMO has improved this year, McGee is officially an injury problem IMO, and Florence needs help over the top to be effective, both are getting older and you can never have enough CB's now-a-days... At tackle D. Bell, is also an injury concern IMO, and despite improvement has not been on the field, Harrison and Pears both give up too much edge pressure IMO consistantly, and an athletic LT/T like Martin I think would be a good fit. Buddy Nix does like his first round picks from the SE/S area of the country...
I love the Wright pick in the 2nd round, I think he would be a huge upgrade over Donald Jones, and perfect compliment to Johnson (should he stay). Crick would be a nice addition value wise, but I would go Wright myself. Although his talents down the field might not be utilized properly if Fitzy can not get better in the off season throwing the deep ball.

Redskins and Tyler Wilson; I am a big fan of Wilson and what he has done this year, particularly playing well against LSU and Alabama, and I think he was the best QB in the SEC this year. I dont think his mobility (which I think is good, but not special) fits with Shanahans system, although I am not sure if he and Kyle value it as much as they have in the past, and I am not sure he is first round material yet, particulary top ten, and I would think they would move down to get Wilson, but you never know, it could happen. I would agree that the Skins should move up this year to get their man at QB, especially if Barkley returns to school, and RG3 makes sense in that situation. Wilson will be interesting to watch during the off season festivities, he certainly could end up that high.
Again I love the 2nd round pick, Brewster makes sense, and the interior of the offensive line needs to be addressed, particularly at center.

Overall, I thought it was a good effort, nice job!

Thanks for all the feedback :)

I really believe that the Redskins trade up to get RGIII, but since I wasn't predicting trades I just gave them the next best QB at their slot and I do believe that Wilson finds his way into the top of the first round with a team that needs a QB reaching for him. I think right now he is an early 2nd round talent but come draft day I believe he will be regarded as a bottom of round one talent. Overall someone reaches on him to get him before anyone else.

I like Upshaw as well in this draft. I wasn't sure if the Bills were going to maintain their multiple D strategy so I gave them a guy that could play with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3 or stand up in the 3-4. If they were going to go one way or the other and stick with it I would probably give them a different player such as Vinny Curry for a 4-3 or Upshaw for the 3-4. Perhaps you can enlighten me on what they will be using going forward? I had the same problem with the Patriots.

scar988
11-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Falcons don't need a RB with JaQuizz Rodgers and Turner... they need a LT...

Sloopy
11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Falcons don't need a RB with JaQuizz Rodgers and Turner... they need a LT...

Yea I discussed this with the other Falcons fan, I wasn't quite sure of many needs on your team. I thought maybe a TE hadn't really thought about a Tackle. I went with running back because I don't know how much longer Turner will be on his game.

I will however adjust this in my next mock with the feedback which I have gotten :)

coordinator0
11-29-2011, 10:44 AM

Yeah I would be onboard with McDonald in the second round, too good of a value at that point even if he doesn't play much. Seems like too good of a Ravens draft but that's okay :D.

Sloopy
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Yeah I would be onboard with McDonald in the second round, too good of a value at that point even if he doesn't play much. Seems like too good of a Ravens draft but that's okay :D.

I know but for some reason I really see these two guys slipping in the draft. The ILB position tends to slip anyway. If people truly have concerns about Burfict then they will probably be less likely to use a first on him even if they have a need at the position and if they do use it on one they may go for one of the other guys. All it would take is a classic Ozzie pickup at the bottom of the round.

This is a fairly weak safety class so I could see both safeties falling out of the first, T.J. might not make it to the bottom of the round though, all depends on how other teams view him

Poz51
11-30-2011, 11:50 AM
I like Upshaw as well in this draft. I wasn't sure if the Bills were going to maintain their multiple D strategy so I gave them a guy that could play with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3 or stand up in the 3-4. If they were going to go one way or the other and stick with it I would probably give them a different player such as Vinny Curry for a 4-3 or Upshaw for the 3-4. Perhaps you can enlighten me on what they will be using going forward? I had the same problem with the Patriots.

IMO the Bills are in a similar postion as the patriots interms of the defense, and it being affected by personnel, or rather lack of personnel up front. I am not sure if the go forward with Edwards, in which case they may promote Wannstedt and I would think that would be a move to the 4-3. I they keep him I would think that they stick with the hybrid D, out of the 3-4. I can understand the confusion, I have stated before (not to you), and will do so again, they need to pick on and stick to it before using this hybrid D. Going forward I think we'll have a better handle on what they will be using when they make their off season coaching decisions... The only thing that is certain is that they need to get someone to pressure the QB...

Sloopy
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
IMO the Bills are in a similar postion as the patriots interms of the defense, and it being affected by personnel, or rather lack of personnel up front. I am not sure if the go forward with Edwards, in which case they may promote Wannstedt and I would think that would be a move to the 4-3. I they keep him I would think that they stick with the hybrid D, out of the 3-4. I can understand the confusion, I have stated before (not to you), and will do so again, they need to pick on and stick to it before using this hybrid D. Going forward I think we'll have a better handle on what they will be using when they make their off season coaching decisions... The only thing that is certain is that they need to get someone to pressure the QB...

Agreed :)

It is indeed quite confusing, and I will have to refer to this post once the coaching decision is made

Brown Leader
11-30-2011, 02:52 PM
Great choices for the Browns. The problem is Colt McCoy. The Browns may be forced to take a first round QB this year.

Sloopy
11-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Great choices for the Browns. The problem is Colt McCoy. The Browns may be forced to take a first round QB this year.

I tend to agree with you here, I just think that the front office will give him everything that he needs to win before deciding to move on.

I gave you a RB in the second but if, for example, the Hillis deal gets sured up before the draft, I could easily see that 2nd rounder going towards one of the second teared QB's to give Colt competition in camp.

I am glad you liked the picks :)

J-Mike88
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Don't like the Packers picking at #31 :(

Miaoww
12-03-2011, 09:33 PM

I'd be delighted if you didn't draft him. Having to watch Vilma in a Saints jersey is tough enough.

Sloopy
12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Don't like the Packers picking at #31 :(

haha I was waiting for someone to notice this, I did mock the playoffs, GB made it and I can't say that the result wasn't a bit of my Ravens fandom but still... not outside the realm of possibility