PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson's endzone dance was shooting himself in the leg like Plaxico.

I Smoke Trees
11-27-2011, 03:38 PM
What do you guys think?

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhTX0ol6kEpF5KXG32

TitanHope
11-27-2011, 03:42 PM
It's funny until God makes you drop a crucial pass.

Breed
11-27-2011, 03:55 PM
i love the announcer, he reminds me of myself..

CDCB14
11-27-2011, 03:59 PM
i love the announcer, he reminds me of myself..

Well that really sucks...

niel89
11-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I personally don't like it. That event ruined a good portion of Plax's life. I just think that it is a little in bad taste.

J-Mike88
11-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Hilarious. Did Stevie blame God again? Did God catch the first touchdown pass for him? God's up there controlling SJ's catches like a puppet.
I personally don't like it. That event ruined a good portion of Plax's life. I just think that it is a little in bad taste.
That event was Plax's own doing. Accident or not, the brutha loaded a gun, put it in his pocket, and brought it into a nightclub. That's not an act of nature like lightning or an earthquake or something.

K Train
11-27-2011, 04:23 PM
hilarious (10)

Sloopy
11-27-2011, 04:26 PM
hilarious. What kind of ghetto DVR was he using BTW? Never seen that before in my life.

Nalej
11-27-2011, 04:29 PM
He does the S.Holmes Jet celebration afterwards as well.

I loved it.

prock
11-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Absolutely hilarious. Well done. If only he could catch a ball when it matters.

Go_Eagles77
11-27-2011, 04:58 PM

Please tell me he actually used this as an excuse again.

Brent
11-27-2011, 05:09 PM
people still have TVs with 4:3 ratio?

descendency
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I think he shot himself in the hands, because I've never seen that many drops.

thegreatone
11-27-2011, 05:14 PM
He went on to shoot his team in the leg at the end of the game.

MetSox17
11-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I thought it was pretty funny.

soybean
11-27-2011, 07:01 PM
That event was Plax's own doing. Accident or not, the brutha loaded a gun, put it in his pocket, and brought it into a nightclub. That's not an act of nature like lightning or an earthquake or something.

What does that have to do with the celebration? Would you mock someone accused for murder, rape, etc? (yes I know that's in the extreme)

MetSox17
11-27-2011, 07:06 PM
What does that have to do with the celebration? Would you mock someone accused for murder, rape, etc? (yes I know that's in the extreme)

What the ****? How is that anything even remotely similar?

soybean
11-27-2011, 07:11 PM

it's not. but a degree of which the crime affected the individual varies between people. What if Plax considers it a sensitive subject? I think it's basically the same as mocking Tebow's praying or michael vick's dog fighting etc.

TitanHope
11-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Plax did something stupid and only hurt himself and no one else. Someone accused of murder or rape hurt someone else, so there's a sensitivity needed for the victim's sake. You can't draw comparison between the two, even using extremes.

Who cares if Plaxico is sensitive to the subject? He did something stupid and dangerous. The man could stomach jail. I'm sure he can stomach some teasing.

soybean
11-27-2011, 07:25 PM
ok. let me change my argument then to...

should keep non-football related (personal) issues out of football.

MetSox17
11-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Eh, when you do something as dumb as take a loaded gun with the safety off to a club, and end up shooting yourself in the process, to me that's the definition of fair game.

CDCB14
11-27-2011, 07:29 PM
Eh, when you do something as dumb as take a loaded gun with the safety off to a club, and end up shooting yourself in the process, to me that's the definition of fair game.

Agreed. Now that this has happened i'm surprised somebody hasn't done it already when playing the Jets.

I don't get why your so against it Soybean? Plax is a punk, and he shot himself in the leg. Who cares? He's an idiot, and it was hilarious. I'd want guys with personalities like stevie johnson on my team.

BloodBrother
11-27-2011, 07:30 PM
He did 2 pretty good celebrations. Plax shooting himself in the leg then pretending like the Jet plane crashed

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2011, 07:35 PM
It was amazing.

soybean
11-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Agreed. Now that this has happened i'm surprised somebody hasn't done it already when playing the Jets.

I don't get why your so against it Soybean? Plax is a punk, and he shot himself in the leg. Who cares? He's an idiot, and it was hilarious. I'd want guys with personalities like stevie johnson on my team.

guess Im just passive aggressive in nature. Especially seeing how a) Stevie Johnson doesn't even play against Plax and b) it was a move to instigate and insult not respond or defend.

BUT, from an outside perspective, i can see why other people would like it.

SuperMcGee
11-27-2011, 07:49 PM
He should have saved the jet one for the end of the game. Having another celebration in the pocket might have given him some incentive to make the catch :/

Stevie, why do you give me these sads?

Raiderz4Life
11-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Was pretty funny....would have been funnier if he hadn't had the dropsies though.

BaLLiN
11-27-2011, 09:55 PM
He does the S.Holmes Jet celebration afterwards as well.

I loved it.

i liked the holmes one too, because sanchez has done that one a couple times as well.

Brown Leader
11-27-2011, 10:13 PM
Loved it, but why did he get flagged?

VUBlacknGold
11-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Loved it, but why did he get flagged?

he fell to the ground

DanZilla
11-27-2011, 10:25 PM
It totally took me forever to understand the celebration lol

Is he looking at any fines?

OzTitan
11-27-2011, 10:32 PM
He did 2 pretty good celebrations. Plax shooting himself in the leg then pretending like the Jet plane crashed

Into a tower? Ok Stevie that's a bit far mate.

jrdrylie
11-27-2011, 11:06 PM

You shoot yourself in the leg (and then act like a dick about it later) you deserve all the mockery thrown at you.

vidae
11-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Stevie Johnson is a ******* idiot anyway. Who cares what endzone dance he did?

Vegas15
11-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol who cares? Neither of these teams are gonna sniff the playoffs. Why the fuss over a stupid "celebration"?

yo123
11-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Some of you need to develop thicker skin. It was hilarious.

BufFan71
11-28-2011, 03:07 AM
i thought it was funny

on a related note:
in the first matchup this season, Johnson got 84 receiving yards on Darelle Revis, which was the most he had given up to a single WR in two seasons

yesterday johnson had another 80+yd game and a TD on Revis

bantx
11-28-2011, 03:15 AM
Got too many people in here that sniff roses while listening to adele on the boards. It was funny, stop acting like he punched a fan afterwards.

Smooth Criminal
11-28-2011, 03:41 AM
O know he made fun of a criminal. Let's all bash him. Over sensitive much?

prock
11-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Yeah, it was funny. Anyone else needs to stop crying and realize this is a football, which last time I checked was a game. He ****** up at the end but I don't know why that is relevant to a funny ass TD celebration.

Trogdor
11-28-2011, 06:42 AM
10/10 for both celebrations.

0/10 for having stone hands when his team needed him. Maybe if he asks Santa nicely... or gets in touch with Tebow maybe they can pray him up a new set.

BradysKnee
11-28-2011, 06:54 AM
I loved the celebrations. I thought they were creative. The reaction of calling it classless by the jets players is another example of pot calling the kettle black.

A Perfect Score
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Yeah I'm not really sure the Jets of all teams have licence to get upset when trash talking or celebrating goes a little far. They're kind of the poster boys for it in today's NFL.

bucfan12
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
I got a laugh on it, but he'll probably be hearing from the commisioner with a 5-10K penalty for "innapropriate celebration".

Thecollegedropout
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
He is right though that Johnson needs to mock everyone who was arrested. Why not mock Julian Edelman on the final week of the year or mock Mike Vick when the Bills played Philly(If he scored a TD?)

This is good as long as he is fair and mocking players who all have done wrong.

(For the record I have no problem with what Johnson did...as long as he keeps this up and not let up. If lets up and doesn't do this for any other idiots on other teams, then he's a fail.)

Thecollegedropout
11-28-2011, 10:05 AM
i liked the holmes one too, because sanchez has done that one a couple times as well.
He wasn't the 1st person to mock this......Mathis of JAX did the Jet celebration after picking off Sanchez.

It wasn't really new besides falling down to the ground.

Thecollegedropout
11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
I loved the celebrations. I thought they were creative. The reaction of calling it classless by the jets players is another example of pot calling the kettle black.
How are Jet players classless or is this a Patriot fan trying to get a dig out of the Jets once again?

Jet players when they do their celebrations don't mock a player's misfortune....

Yeah I'm not really sure the Jets of all teams have licence to get upset when trash talking or celebrating goes a little far. They're kind of the poster boys for it in today's NFL.
Besides the Jet plane thing that only like 2 guys do, they hardly show emotion in their touchdowns/celebrations this year lol

AHungryWalrus
11-28-2011, 10:42 AM

Haha, as no Jets fans had even said anything prior to your post. OKAY.

As for Stevie on Revis, he got 75 yards on 13 attempts. That's about a 5.5 YPA, which is horrible. Just shows how good Revis is when we are impressed by that.

eaglesalltheway
11-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Got too many people in here that sniff roses while listening to adele on the boards. It was funny, stop acting like he punched a fan afterwards.

Hey I've been known to sniff roses and listen to Adele, but I've also done these things while laughing at Stevie Johnson's TD celebration.

BradysKnee
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Haha, as no Jets fans had even said anything prior to your post. OKAY.

Haha, I never said anything about jets fans, i got nothing against you guys. But lets be real. Rex and Co. define classlessness. It's ok for them to act like douchebags and such but when someone else does it? They're an ashole.

Hurricanes25
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Honestly, I don't even care. Plax was even asked about after the game and he couldn't give a ****. He actually said that he's a fan of Stevie.

Personally, would I mock somebody who shot himself? No. But I guess I could see how some people find it funny.

descendency
11-28-2011, 03:03 PM

Dude. LT is a Jet. Does it really shock you that they are crying about it?

whatadai
11-28-2011, 03:34 PM
If my best friend shot himself in the leg, I'd laugh my ass off at him and make fun of him until we both die and probably make a joke out of it and put it on his tombstone. In the end, what really matters is the respect the players have for each other in times when it really matters like when a guy gets a TD or a tackle on you and you congratulate him for it without being a poor sport about it or when a guy helps a guy up after he tackled him. I saw a lot of that in the Chicago vs. Oakland game yesterday, they were having fun while working their asses off, that's the point. As long as he doesn't pull a Suh, there's no harm done.

gsorace
11-28-2011, 04:59 PM
I thought it was hilarious, one of the better TD celebrations I've seen in a while.

JETS5128
11-29-2011, 01:05 AM
News flash for all of you blind haters out there. No jets have complained about this, Plax said it wasn't a big deal and that it was just immature (which it clearly was). So relax with all this non-sense

soybean
11-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Burress said the Bills wide receiver left a voice message on his phone and sent him a text message to apologize.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7291589/new-york-jets-plaxico-burress-says-stevie-johnson-apologized-td-celebration

apparently a couple of us on a message board aren't the only ones who that it was in poor taste.

descendency
11-29-2011, 02:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7291589/new-york-jets-plaxico-burress-says-stevie-johnson-apologized-td-celebration

apparently a couple of us on a message board aren't the only ones who that it was in poor taste.

"Please Mr Goddell... Don't fine me. God made me do it."

yo123
11-29-2011, 02:39 AM
He is right though that Johnson needs to mock everyone who was arrested. Why not mock Julian Edelman on the final week of the year or mock Mike Vick when the Bills played Philly(If he scored a TD?)

(For the record I have no problem with what Johnson did...as long as he keeps this up and not let up. If lets up and doesn't do this for any other idiots on other teams, then he's a fail.)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/km84tj/IFRR7.gif

phlysac
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
I wasn't offended by what Johnson did, and I feel that most of the time the "PC -police" need to GTFO.

However, I'm getting more and more tired of seeing all of the "gotta eat" celebrations and mimicry. Pisses me off.

Ness
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
I thought his celebration was dumb. First off it was a terrible celebration. Wasn't even funny, and it wasn't because of the circumstances. Second, it was in bad taste like someone else put it. You could make the argument that Plaxico brought all of this upon himself, but at the same time why is that even necessary? Why do you need to bring that negativity up? It doesn't help the team, and it isn't professional. In contrast, it hurts the team because of the penalty. And you know he planned that before he got into the endzone. It's a shame too because I really like Stevie Johnson as a player. But that act was just uncalled for. Maybe it's just me, but I'm more old school and like it when guys like Rice, Rod Smith, Issac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, or Torry Holt just put their hands up in celebration, or didn't do anything at all.

MetSox17
11-29-2011, 09:27 PM
First off, get the stick outta your ass. Secondly, the penalty was for the Jets plane celebration, not the Plaxico one.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
11-29-2011, 09:36 PM
are you serious? could you maybe have bypassed logic any more completely than you just did?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/km84tj/IFRR7.gif

I guess there's a reason that he dropped out of college..

soybean
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM
First off, get the stick outta your ass. Secondly, the penalty was for the Jets plane celebration, not the Plaxico one.

Uh... that's a bit harsh considering there's no right or wrong opinion on the matter...

Ness
11-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Uh... that's a bit harsh considering there's no right or wrong opinion on the matter...

LOL I like how he took it personally and took issue with me instead of the actual post. Hopefully he doesn't lose sleep over my comments. I feel bad now.

....Really, I do...

BaLLiN
11-29-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't think it really offends anyone except for people who have shot themselves. As a giants fan i don't care anymore, sure he did probably ruin our playoff chances that year, but he's not on my team so i could care less. Jets fans shouldn't be offended because it didn't happen while he was on their team.

Saints-Tigers
11-29-2011, 10:40 PM
If you cheddar bob yourself, you better be ready for some laughs.

BufFan71
11-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Stevie Johnson has 11 of the 24 catches that Darrelle Revis has allowed all season

bantx
11-30-2011, 01:26 PM
He's being fined for 10k wtf

SuperPacker
11-30-2011, 01:43 PM
The NFL really annoys me in situations like this! just let the players have a little fun, why not? Johnsons celebration didnt hurt anyone so a fine is way over the top! Even a flag for a player going to the ground during a celebration. That rule really pisses me off!

Ness
11-30-2011, 01:45 PM
The NFL really annoys me in situations like this! just let the players have a little fun, why not? Johnsons celebration didnt hurt anyone so a fine is way over the top! Even a flag for a player going to the ground during a celebration. That rule really pisses me off!

It might have hurt Plaxico's family.

bantx
11-30-2011, 02:03 PM
It might have hurt Plaxico's family.

.................................................. ............................wtf

Thecollegedropout
11-30-2011, 03:14 PM
are you serious? could you maybe have bypassed logic any more completely than you just did?
Do you understand what being a entertainer means? Stevie Johnson prides himself on being a entertainer which means he can't let up on any more, much to the dismay of Bills fans.

As NFL fans, we always wondered what Chad OchoCinco would do next for his touchdown celebrations a few years ago. I(And maybe others) now carry forth the same expectations for Johnson after what he did Sunday and how he can somehow top that celebration where it gets to the point where one gets let down if he does nothing else.

BaLLiN
11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
He's being fined for 10k wtf

thats a lot for someone on a chump-change rookie contract

TitanHope
11-30-2011, 03:36 PM
Into a tower? Ok Stevie that's a bit far mate.

Nah, he wasn't simulating a terrorist attack or anything. He was doing the Santonio Holmes celebration where Holmes stretches his arms out and pretends to fly around like a jet. And at the end of it, he crashed and burned.

I mean, I wouldn't be totally against a player pretending to choke something while making "arf arf arf" sounds when scoring on the Eagles. But then again, mocking stupid humans and victimized animals are two different things. You'd probably need props for mocking Edelman too.

Ness
11-30-2011, 03:46 PM
.................................................. ............................wtf

Yes. Plaxico's family may have not liked the mocking of a situation where Plaxico ended up missing the birth of his child and being separated from his family.

Is it really hard to comprehend?

Ness
11-30-2011, 03:48 PM
what the hell are you talking about? what, he has to make fun of the guy in row three who got arrested for public intoxication now, too? i mean, he's an 'entertainer', whatever the hell that means, and he better be whatever your bizarre version of consistent is.

your argument is absolutely ludicrous.

Yes, that was the worst justification I've ever heard for just about anything. Can you imagine a lawyer trying to justify a serial killer murdering folks in a court of law?

"Hey he had to kill those innocent people. He's an artist and prides himself on that. Do you people know what that means?"

bantx
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes. Plaxico's family may have not liked the mocking of a situation where Plaxico ended up missing the birth of his child and being separated from his family.

And Plax missing it was his own fault why would you have sympathy for some stupid **** he did, how hard is that to comprehend? People here are more sensitive than vaginal cakes

Raiderz4Life
11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
And Plax missing it was his own fault why would you have sympathy for some stupid **** he did, how hard is that to comprehend? People here are more sensitive than vaginal cakes

Seriously, Plax screwed himself over, how can you feel bad for someone who was in total control of what was happening and decided to do something very stupid?

Ness
11-30-2011, 05:20 PM

No one is arguing that it wasn't Plaxico's fault. That still doesn't justify making light of it. Why does this give permission for Steve Johnson to make fun of the situation? Why is what he did even necessary? I don't have sympathy for Plaxico in that specific situation and I think what he did was stupid, but at the same time I don't see it as something to poke fun at.

bantx
12-01-2011, 09:41 AM
You don't have sympathy for the situation, but you're bothered at people making fun of it. There's a difference from hurting yourself on a freak accident on the field and making fun of that and shooting yourself in the leg. Making fun of someone who was injured on the field is in bad taste, but if it's your own stupidity it's fair game to me.

brat316
12-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I thought it was all funny, even the jet falling.

someone447
12-01-2011, 03:30 PM

Yes, so it is Stevie Johnson's fault that Plaxico Burress is a complete and utter dumb****. It was hilarious and Johnson is an entertainer.

someone447
12-01-2011, 03:35 PM
No one is arguing that it wasn't Plaxico's fault. That still doesn't justify making light of it. Why does this give permission for Steve Johnson to make fun of the situation? Why is what he did even necessary? I don't have sympathy for Plaxico in that specific situation and I think what he did was stupid, but at the same time I don't see it as something to poke fun at.

EVERYTHING is something to poke fun at. There is nothing that should be off limits to humor and satire. What Johnson did was humorous and it was satirical. Jon Stewart has been making light of the Jerry Sandusky fiasco, and that is a whole hell of a lot worse than some dumb**** shooting himself in the leg.

But, I was a fan of Gilbert Gottfried's 9/11 joke 3 weeks after it happened, and also his Japanese Tsunami jokes that got him fired. So "inappropriateness" may not be something I am a great judge of.

F.A.M.E.
12-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Looks like LeBron James is getting in on the fun as well:

K3FgksrxzM0

Thecollegedropout
12-01-2011, 10:58 PM
what the hell are you talking about? what, he has to make fun of the guy in row three who got arrested for public intoxication now, too? i mean, he's an 'entertainer', whatever the hell that means, and he better be whatever your bizarre version of consistent is.

your argument is absolutely ludicrous.
Absolutely. He set himself up for this by these constant TD celebrations so I do hold expectations now since he likes to do these dances and other stuff.

Thecollegedropout
12-02-2011, 01:37 AM
i'm sure he cares deeply.
Good argument by you.

Raiderz4Life
12-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Absolutely. He set himself up for this by these constant TD celebrations so I do hold expectations now since he likes to do these dances and other stuff.

That's..."interesting" logic. Think you might be the only one to expect something like that from someone. Let me guess...you still expect the Pats to mock teams like they did SD when they did the lights out dance? I mean they set themselves up for it right? Yet....they don't...*gasp*

You can infer that he will have an extravagant or flamboyant TD celebration but its dumb to have "expectations" and quite frankly he nor anyone else rly gives 2 hoots what those expectations are.

Leon Sandcastle
12-03-2011, 07:09 PM
Stevie Johnson is a ******* idiot anyway. Who cares what endzone dance he did?

Still mad about Eric Berry huh?