PDA

View Full Version : Who deserves the 3rd QB spot for NFC in Pro Bowl?

J-Mike88
11-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Rodgers is a lock for the #1 QB, and Brees #2.
Most likely, one of them will skip the game because they will be prepping for XLVI. Forget about who plays or doesn't in that bullschit of a game. Who deserves to be named?

The 3rd NFC QB who deserves the Pro Bowl this season?

Eli Manning?
Matt Ryan?
Romo?
Stafford?
Cam Newton?
Alex Smith?

I'll leave off the stats and the teams W-L records.
Who gets your vote at this particular point in time?

(Cutler was definitely in the conversation until the injury)

wogitalia
11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Matt Ryan is closing hard. Stafford probably deserves the lead though still at this point.

Giantsfan1080
11-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Right now it's a real tough choice for me between Stafford, Romo, and Eli. I think Stafford or Romo end up taking it because they play in a dome and might rack up some better numbers because of bad conditions at the Meadowlands in December.

J-Mike88
11-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Right now it's a real tough choice for me between Stafford, Romo, and Eli. I think Stafford or Romo end up taking it because they play in a dome and might rack up some better numbers because of bad conditions at the Meadowlands in December.
I think Stafford's stinker on thanksgiving, coupled with all his Ints these past 3 games, will keep him out.

Without looking at stats, I think Eli or Romo will get in.
They've both lost some games, but have had some great clutch moments.

Alex Smith might have a case if he puts some nice #'s up the final 5 weeks and they finish with the #2 record.

Don Vito
11-30-2011, 08:43 PM
I voted Eli he's put together a very good season on a banged up team.

MetSox17
11-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I honestly think Romo deserves it more than any of those other guys. He had played absolutely lights out save for the second half of the Lions game and the 4th qtr of the Jets game. He's playing like a top five quarterback in the NFL right now.

Bengalsrocket
11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
I voted Matt Ryan, but my decision is based off what I believe they'll do for the rest of the season. (and yes, I'm aware the OP said "At this particular point in time" but I'm a rebel so whatever!)

bearsfan_51
11-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm surprised I'm saying this because I've always considered him overrated, but Eli is having a great season. It's by far a career year for him (on a personal level).

You can start with the 8.4 yards per attempt, that alone gets my attention. He's been relatively careful with the ball (for him) and has the highest passer rating of his career (95.6). If you care about stats, it has to be Eli.

CDCB14
11-30-2011, 09:37 PM
As far as who deserves it, I'd go with Eli.

As for whose going to get it, probably Romo. Eli just had back to back losses on primetime TV, one in which his team got blown out. Granted, he played solid in both games, but in todays world people don't care about that. With another likely loss against the packers on sunday, and with eli's perception in the media (wrongfully so, I think eli is a beast and he always kills the cowboys so I have much respect) I don't think he beats out Romo.

Romo has been on fire in november, which is pretty much the most important month for the pro-bowl. If he pads the stats this weekend with another win over the cardinals, I think it's romo.

Stafford won't get it after that showing on thanksgiving, and even though im a BC fan, I doubt matt ryan gets in.

So by default (and being a dallas cowboy) I think Romo gets in.

ATLDirtyBirds
11-30-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm surprised I'm saying this because I've always considered him overrated, but Eli is having a great season. It's by far a career year for him (on a personal level).

You can start with the 8.4 yards per attempt, that alone gets my attention. He's been relatively careful with the ball (for him) and has the highest passer rating of his career (95.6). If you care about stats, it has to be Eli.

My thoughts exactly.

ShutDwn
11-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Only real choices right now for me are Eli, Romo and Ryan. Eli right now, but I think that either of those two could overtake him.

That's without looking at the schedule though.

49erNation85
11-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Smith > ELi .

Ness
12-01-2011, 12:36 AM
I think Eli should get it. He's the reason's the Giants are still in playoff contention at this point. Romo has done a lot for his team, but he's also cost his team some games too. DeMarco Murray really took some pressure off of him I'd like to think. Stafford seems to inconsistent and Ryan seems to have a great game when Michael Turner does a lot of times, but not the other way around. Last week was a rare exception.

Ness
12-01-2011, 12:39 AM
Smith > ELi .

Yeah I wish, but at this point no. Maybe next year.

Saints-Tigers
12-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Yeah I wish, but at this point no. Maybe next year.

Lmao, I thought you guys were joking for a while.

J-Mike88
12-01-2011, 05:24 AM
A lot of us shocked ourselves and went with Eli.
He's been solid, and has turned a nobody (Cruz) into a fantasy stud.

Watch Romo coming in though....

tjsunstein
12-01-2011, 08:09 AM
I'd have to go with Eli on this. I actually think he's slightly underrated.

robert pancake gallery
12-01-2011, 11:14 AM
i voted for cam newton because he's on my fantasy team

Halsey
12-01-2011, 11:18 AM
It'd be nice if Pro Bowl voting happened, you know, after the season is complete. It might improve the chances of a guy like Ryan, who is playing better down the stretch than he was early in the year.

BeerBaron
12-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Stafford is tailing off now, but his early season success will likely get him a spot.

But seriously, don't take pro bowl nods seriously. Assuming one of Brees or Rodgers is playing the Superbowl, that takes them off the list, and if the other just doesn't feel like showing up, they can claim to have an injury.

Remember a few years ago when Garrard and Vince Young ended up in the pro bowl because every AFC QB said no? Yeah, the pro bowl is a joke.

brat316
12-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Pro Bowl is a joke, more of a popularity contest even for the coach and player votes.

All-Pro team selection is much better, but now that is turning into crap as well.

FlyingElvis
12-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Eli deserves it. Romo or Newton will get it. Cowboys votes are always through the roof so my guess is Romo.

jth1331
12-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Stafford is tailing off now, but his early season success will likely get him a spot.

But seriously, don't take pro bowl nods seriously. Assuming one of Brees or Rodgers is playing the Superbowl, that takes them off the list, and if the other just doesn't feel like showing up, they can claim to have an injury.

Remember a few years ago when Garrard and Vince Young ended up in the pro bowl because every AFC QB said no? Yeah, the pro bowl is a joke.

I remember that year in the AFC, I think it was 2009.
Peyton Manning, Rivers and Brady were the regulars.
Manning had to miss it due to playing in the Super Bowl.
Rivers, Roethlisberger, Brady were all injured/opted not to play.
So in comes Schaub, Vince Young and David Garrard. Freakin David Garrard and Vince Young in the Pro Bowl. An injury away from Kyle Orton or Joe Flacco.

BeerBaron
12-01-2011, 12:00 PM
So in comes Schaub, Vince Young and David Garrard. Freakin David Garrard and Vince Young in the Pro Bowl. An injury away from Kyle Orton or Joe Flacco.

And another thing is that all of those guys get to be called "Pro Bowlers" now.

Vince Young, former pro bowl QB. Makes you want to put a bullet in your brain.

descendency
12-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Tim Tebow?

Ness
12-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Lmao, I thought you guys were joking for a while.

Right, because quarterbacks can't improve the following season.

robert pancake gallery
12-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Tim Tebow?

can i change my vote?

Saints-Tigers
12-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Right, because quarterbacks can't improve the following season.

haha. I'm sure Alex Smith will be pushing top 5 status next year.

Iamcanadian
12-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Ryan or Stafford could get hot from this point on and make the question moot but for me, right now, I think Alex Smith deserves the spot.

Crazy_Chris
12-01-2011, 02:20 PM
And another thing is that all of those guys get to be called "Pro Bowlers" now.

Vince Young, former pro bowl QB. Makes you want to put a bullet in your brain.

Just wait until they do the same after Tim Tebow makes the pro bowl this year... It is going to be unbearable.

As for this poll my vote at this moment goes to Eli Manning, but it's close between he and Romo.

F.A.M.E.
12-01-2011, 07:01 PM
As much as I don't think he is a great QB, Tony Romo is probably deserving of that #3 spot.

BaLLiN
12-01-2011, 07:03 PM
I just feel like its gunna be Romo because of Eli's critics and how people don't believe he is a good quarterback to this day.

Ness
12-01-2011, 07:33 PM
haha. I'm sure Alex Smith will be pushing top 5 status next year.

I knew you'd see things my way.

J-Mike88
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Exactly.
I actually think there's no need to even play the stupid game. The "Pro Bowl".
They moved it from Hawaii 2 years ago.... I love Hawaii, but the league spends millions to reward scrubs like Garrard and his family to Hawaii.

I actually think they're better off just naming the teams like the NCAA names their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All-American teams. They don't play a game out of it. Weird that the NCAA does something better than the NFL.
But the NFL still milks extra $ out of it via the advertising somehow, even though the rating for the game is less than your typical ice skating show.

bucfan12
12-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I'd rather go with Eli or Romo. After the early struggles, Romo has put together a very good, and quiet season (hm, strange, it seems like he only gets media attention when he does bad, yet they forget when he plays good).