PDA

View Full Version : Rolando McClain Arrested For Assault

diabsoule
12-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Former Alabama star and current Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain has been arrested in connection to a fight in Decatur.

When officers arrived at the scene, the victim was bleeding from the nose and mouth. The victim told officers that after the fight, he crawled to his car and McClain followed him.

He said that when he reached his car, McClain pulled out a pistol and held it to his head.

The victim told officers that he begged McClain not to shoot him and that McClain took the gun away from his head, held it next to his ear and fired it. Even though the initial report was for shots fired, investigators believe this was the only gunshot fired.

http://www.waff.com/story/16164879/raiders-linebacker-mcclain-at-scene-of-decatur-shooting?Call=Email&Format=Text#.Ttf1VmD0jqM.twitter

BeerBaron
12-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Idiot. Total idiot.

Raiderz4Life
12-01-2011, 03:51 PM
sweet...just what we needed.

Prowler
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
any idea on how his grandfather died? maybe someone made a really bad joke?

bigbluedefense
12-01-2011, 03:52 PM
When keepin it real goes wrong.

F.A.M.E.
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/rich-tehrani/uploads/monopoly-go-to-jail-card.jpg

jrdrylie
12-01-2011, 03:53 PM
This happened about 20 minutes from where I lived. Not too long ago, also in Decatur, his car was shot. This doesn't surprise me. 95% of Huntsville and the surrounding area (to include Decatur) is ghetto as hell.

I knows he from Decatur, but I have no idea why he ever comes back. The town sucks and has absolutely no redeeming qualities.

EDIT: Oh, he went for his grandfather's funeral. Still, he has enough money. he should have moved his family out of that **** hole.

SolidGold
12-01-2011, 03:54 PM
any idea on how his grandfather died? maybe someone made a really bad joke?

What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

McClain is an idiot plain and simple.

soybean
12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
What a godamn idiot if true. You don't just go around pulling guns on people. and firing it? what the hell was he thinking?

Everytime I hear a report about an athlete get arrested I keep thinking... Is it really THAT hard to not get in trouble? I'm 25 and the most I've ever been in trouble is various traffic tickets, and being tested for a DUI.

I'm pretty sure I can go my entire life without ever having to pull a gun on someone begging for his life. But that's jsut me. Maybe some people out there just can't help it. [rolls eyes]

Prowler
12-01-2011, 03:57 PM
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china?

McClain is an idiot plain and simple.

seriously dude? everything

what would make you bust someone in the mouth, pull out a gun, then fire it next to someone's head?

SolidGold
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM

what would make you bust someone in the mouth, pull out a gun, then fire it next to someone's head?

Maybe the fact he is an idiot would have something to do with it?

Raiderz4Life
12-01-2011, 03:59 PM

Not gonna defend him cuz he's a total moron but yea...something like that could get someone really emotional and can go bad real quick, but on the other hand you have to have some sort of self-control, popping him in the mouth was bad enough imo.

Prowler
12-01-2011, 04:16 PM
His grandfather was ill for 2 months, looks like no foul play...still no idea if it was the same guy who shot at him a while back...probably...but yeah, he's screwed.

DraftSavant
12-01-2011, 04:17 PM
What a godamn idiot if true. You don't just go around pulling guns on people. and firing it? what the hell was he thinking?

Everytime I hear a report about an athlete get arrested I keep thinking... Is it really THAT hard to not get in trouble? I'm 25 and the most I've ever been in trouble is various traffic tickets, and being tested for a DUI.

I'm pretty sure I can go my entire life without ever having to pull a gun on someone begging for his life. But that's jsut me. Maybe some people out there just can't help it. [rolls eyes]

I'm not making excuses for him, as what he did is absolutely ********. I'm really not trying to attack you or be condescending (I swear), and this is a really loaded word: but try not to be so narcissistic in your thinking.

What I mean is, Rolando McClain (like many professional athletes) may not have received the emotional development necessary to grow into a responsible adult. Again, this is not me making excuses for him or me trying to make you seem bougie. But it's difficult to judge someone's value system or decision-making capabilities when you have no idea what that foundation was laid on.

I'm not trying to be an apologist (and I know I'm failing). But it's a cultural thing to judge first and empathize later, and it's something I'm trying to work on, myself. By saying you're narcissistic in your thinking, I'm just trying to imply that you're only looking at it through the scope of your value and foundation system. How YOU act/would act. You're completely different people, with (likely) highly variant systems of value and morality that evolved due to circumstances completely outside of your control.

/armchair psych

BeerBaron
12-01-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm not making excuses for him, as what he did is absolutely ********. I'm really not trying to attack you or be condescending (I swear), and this is a really loaded word: but try not to be so narcissistic in your thinking.

What I mean is, Rolando McClain (like many professional athletes) may not have received the emotional development necessary to grow into a responsible adult. Again, this is not me making excuses for him or me trying to make you seem bougie. But it's difficult to judge someone's value system or decision-making capabilities when you have no idea what that foundation was laid on.

I'm not trying to be an apologist (and I know I'm failing). But it's a cultural thing to judge first and empathize later, and it's something I'm trying to work on, myself.

He's also a grown man now. Somewhere between the ages of 5 and 25 he should have learned that pulling a gun on someone under any circumstance needs to be thought through carefully. And 99.9% of the time, you shouldn't do it.

Like Soybean said, every time I hear of a pro athlete getting into trouble I always ask "how is he this dumb?"

Timbathia
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
He's also a grown man now. Somewhere between the ages of 5 and 25 he should have learned that pulling a gun on someone under any circumstance needs to be thought through carefully. And 99.9% of the time, you shouldn't do it.

Like Soybean said, every time I hear of a pro athlete getting into trouble I always ask "how is he this dumb?"

He should of if he had a similar upbringing to most of us, but some of these guys in the NFL didnt have the same upbringing.

DraftSavant
12-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Age is nothing more than a chronological number relative to how many times the earth has revolved around the sun since you've been born. I know plenty of 35 year old children.

To answer the bolded question: maybe nobody taught him not to be.

BeerBaron
12-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Well, I'm not going to excuse his idiocy because the legal system clearly isn't going to.

This is a dangerous level of stupidity. It sounds like he was inches away from killing someone by shooting them in the head after beating him up.

DraftSavant
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, I'm not going to excuse his idiocy because the legal system clearly isn't going to.

This is a dangerous level of stupidity. It sounds like he was inches away from killing someone by shooting them in the head after beating him up.

Again, my intention was never to make excuses for him or be an apologist, even though I admittedly failed at that. I'm fully aware of the stupidity of his actions.

At the same time, I defer the actual judging of him to the legal system.

vidae
12-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow, what a ******* moron.

Raiderz4Life
12-01-2011, 04:41 PM
As if we need more shortages in defensive personnel.

McClain...you sir...are a certified stupid son of a *****

RaiderNation
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
McClain has been playing better as of late, but if this is accurate he could be suspended for a good amount of time. We don't have good depth at LB already and losing him could really hurt an already average defense.

TitanHope
12-01-2011, 04:48 PM
When keepin it real goes wrong.

These moments are the #3 leading killer of black men, behind pork chops and FEMA.

TheFinisher
12-01-2011, 04:51 PM
you are so dumb, forreal.

SuperPacker
12-01-2011, 04:59 PM
What a f****** k*******!! How was he doing in Oakland ayway? I havent seen him play much.

stephenson86
12-01-2011, 05:05 PM
And I thought Suh was a dirty player...

stephenson86
12-01-2011, 05:06 PM
What a f****** k*******!! How was he doing in Oakland ayway? I havent seen him play much.

Kardashian?

slightlyaraiderfan
12-01-2011, 05:09 PM
http://decaturdaily.com/uploads/inline/1322774385_91d7.jpg

bored of education
12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I sarf. I miss thee

Prowler
12-01-2011, 05:12 PM

lol, I saw that pic then I immediately knew what happened. Somebody must have said something about his shirt.

nobodyinparticular
12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
What a dumb effing decision. I don't care that they are only misdemeanors. I don't care he didn't actually shoot anyone. This was just stupid.

Jvig43
12-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Having a gun fired next to your ear must be a real *****. Insert archer youtube clip here.

phlysac
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM

I'm not trying to be an apologist (and I know I'm failing). But it's a cultural thing to judge first and empathize later, and it's something I'm trying to work on, myself. By saying you're narcissistic in your thinking, I'm just trying to imply that you're only looking at it through the scope of your value and foundation system. How YOU act/would act. You're completely different people, with (likely) highly variant systems of value and morality that evolved due to circumstances completely outside of your control.

/armchair psych

You definitely make open-minded and valid observations. With that said, consider more Choice Theory and Reality Therapy ideals. It'll remove the gray area of having to ask "how" someone was raised.

The Ten Axioms of Choice Theory[1]

1. The only person whose behavior we can control is our own.
2. All we can give another person is information.
3. All long-lasting psychological problems are relationship problems.
4. The problem relationship is always part of our present life.
5. What happened in the past has everything to do with what we are today, but we can only satisfy our basic needs right now and plan to continue satisfying them in the future.
6. We can only satisfy our needs by satisfying the pictures in our Quality World.
7. All we do is behave.
8. All behavior is Total Behavior and is made up of four components: acting, thinking, feeling and physiology
9. All Total Behavior is chosen, but we only have direct control over the acting and thinking components. We can only control our feeling and physiology indirectly through how we choose to act and think.
10. All Total Behavior is designated by verbs and named by the part that is the most recognizable

wogitalia
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Not sure how anyone can be that stupid...

You'd think that the whole Plaxico thing would have maybe taught some of these guys a lesson that guns are just stupid and if you are a little bit slow you probably shouldn't have one because really all they can do is make your stupid decisions exponentially worse.

Honestly though, how stupid do you have to be to put yourself in a situation like this. It's really not that hard to avoid them.

Also... smh at the people who are defending McClain in anyway in this situation. He deserves no sympathy for being stupid, no upbringing of any kind is an excuse for doing something so monumentally stupid or being such a bad human in general.

*** obviously if he didn't do it none of the above applies but this one seems like it's kind of a slam dunk...

Timbathia
12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Not sure how anyone can be that stupid...

You'd think that the whole Plaxico thing would have maybe taught some of these guys a lesson that guns are just stupid and if you are a little bit slow you probably shouldn't have one because really all they can do is make your stupid decisions exponentially worse.

Honestly though, how stupid do you have to be to put yourself in a situation like this. It's really not that hard to avoid them.

Also... smh at the people who are defending McClain in anyway in this situation. He deserves no sympathy for being stupid, no upbringing of any kind is an excuse for doing something so monumentally stupid or being such a bad human in general.

*** obviously if he didn't do it none of the above applies but this one seems like it's kind of a slam dunk...

Why do people keep quoting this **** like it is a universal truth?

Since I (most likely middle class educated white boy with loving parents from good neighborhood) have never been is this situation it is obviously easy to avoid.

Raiderz4Life
12-01-2011, 07:47 PM
No..its really not THAT hard to avoid doing something completely stupid like this. I know I got some experience being in ****** up situations and I never pulled out a gun on anyone.

Miaoww
12-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Since I (most likely middle class educated white boy with loving parents from good neighborhood) have never been is this situation it is obviously easy to avoid.

The guy is earning more than every single middle class, educated white boy from a loving home on this board. He doesn't need to go around with a gun sorting out problems in his old neighbourhood. He sought this confrontation out and he's paying for it.

Rabscuttle
12-01-2011, 08:03 PM
This guy could really use a wakeup call before he takes the next step down the road he's on. He needs some time in the can and some rehabilitation or someone could very well die at his hands.

TitanHope
12-01-2011, 08:12 PM

So we have to be given the opportunity to follow an injured person to his car to then threaten his life before sadistically shooting his ear off before we can judge the act? What exactly are you getting at?

It's not a universal truth, but in this case, I'm 99.9% certain that most normal human beings, regardless of creed, culture, or socioeconomic circumstances, wouldn't behave like a psychopath when afforded the opportunity. I mean, we're so far past the realm of "why is he putting himself in these situations?" and "this is so easily avoidable." We're now in the realm of basic human decency, which anyone can speculate on.

You know what's funny? How this guy is probably in the top 2-3% in the country in income and is somehow facing these unavoidable situations, but us middle class guys are going our entire lives without ever being in one.

Abaddon
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Misdemeanors. $2000 bond. The only issue here is how badly Goodell overreacts.

wogitalia
12-01-2011, 08:16 PM

What has that got to do with putting yourself in a stupid situation? He isn't in some jail that is forcing him to be there, he isn't be forced to carry a gun, he isn't be forced to pull that gun.

Upbringing has literally nothing to do with him having CHOSE to put himself in a stupid situation and act like an idiot.

There are plenty of people from all walks of life who avoid being in that situation, there are people from impoverished upbringings with crack head parents, their are those from filthy rich upbringings, there are those from a standard family environment. If it was really that hard to avoid then everyone would in these situations.

In 26 years I've managed to completely avoid any situation involving a gun at all, in fact at this point I'm pretty sure that to see a gun and that kind of trouble you in fact have to go looking for it. I'm sure it's equally easy to find that type of idiotic situation if you want to, but it's just as easy to avoid it.

Raiderz4Life
12-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Misdemeanors. $2000 bond. The only issue here is how badly Goodell overreacts.

overreacts? this is some seriously stupid ****...gonna be hard to overreact to this one.

Ngatachance92
12-01-2011, 08:22 PM
What's with these athletes? You've got money, you hire a guy with a gun.

Abaddon
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM
overreacts? this is some seriously stupid ****...gonna be hard to overreact to this one.

He didn't do anyone any harm, save for maybe some soiled underwear.

Again, if the law doesn't see this as a serious situation, Roger should fall in line.

Timbathia
12-01-2011, 08:35 PM
So we have to be given the opportunity to follow an injured person to his car to then threaten his life before sadistically shooting his ear off before we can judge the act? What exactly are you getting at?

It's not a universal truth, but in this case, I'm 99.9% certain that most normal human beings, regardless of creed, culture, or socioeconomic circumstances, wouldn't behave like a psychopath when afforded the opportunity. I mean, we're so far past the realm of "why is he putting himself in these situations?" and "this is so easily avoidable." We're now in the realm of basic human decency, which anyone can speculate on.

You know what's funny? How this guy is probably in the top 2-3% in the country in income and is somehow facing these unavoidable situations, but us middle class guys are going our entire lives without ever being in one.

My comments were aimed at the "fact" being thrown around in here that regardless of upbringing it is easy to avoid situations involving guns. I could care less about the specifics in this case (which are not actually clear at all from what I have read). I followed up my initial comment with an assertion that the majority of posters in here would have zero first hand knowledge about upbringing in these neighborhoods.

I dont believe anything I have said is as outrageous as several people are making out.

wogitalia
12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Again, if the law doesn't see this as a serious situation, Roger should fall in line.

Roger's system is about the image that a players action presents not the crime itself, hence why PacMan and Vick were suspended for longer than guys who've done worse things. Quite frankly, McClain looks stupid here and thus so does the NFL.

Still, I'm more amazed by how stupid McClain could actually be than anything else, like at what point in the entire process did anything he did actually sound like a good, or even "not bad" idea. Would love to know just how stupid you have to be to be doing any of that and actually think it made any sense what so ever.

Ngatachance92
12-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Man he just ain't wanna go out like no mark ass buster.

wogitalia
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
My comments were aimed at the "fact" being thrown around in here that regardless of upbringing it is easy to avoid situations involving guns.

That is the outrageous point. It is incredibly easy to avoid a situation involving guns, particularly when it is the side of it where YOU own the gun, YOU put the gun to someone's head and YOU fire the gun.

This isn't a situation where some asshole pulled a gun on him, that can be completely unavoidable, this is a situation where he went to a bad neighbourhood, then pulled a gun, put it to a guys head and fired a shot. THAT is a completely avoidable situation whether you grew up on the moon, are jacked up on crack or anything. Upbringing has nothing to do with whether YOU choose to put YOURSELF in that situation.

Not to mention, we aren't talking about some poor ghetto kid. This is a guy with 3 years of college education and enough money to never have to work another day in his life, at this point HE is responsible for his actions and this one was an incredibly stupid and easily avoidable situation.

Sloopy
12-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Aww, someone beat me to posting the picture. I think this picture alone might get him in even more trouble (than the obvious) Don't smile like a thug when your getting arrested into a camera. It just says "yea I got arrested, what of it? I don't give a ****."

Timbathia
12-01-2011, 09:08 PM
That is the outrageous point. It is incredibly easy to avoid a situation involving guns, particularly when it is the side of it where YOU own the gun, YOU put the gun to someone's head and YOU fire the gun.

This isn't a situation where some asshole pulled a gun on him, that can be completely unavoidable, this is a situation where he went to a bad neighbourhood, then pulled a gun, put it to a guys head and fired a shot. THAT is a completely avoidable situation whether you grew up on the moon, are jacked up on crack or anything. Upbringing has nothing to do with whether YOU choose to put YOURSELF in that situation.

Not to mention, we aren't talking about some poor ghetto kid. This is a guy with 3 years of college education and enough money to never have to work another day in his life, at this point HE is responsible for his actions and this one was an incredibly stupid and easily avoidable situation.

So you are saying we disagree then?

I understand what you are saying and you may well be right in this instance that he is/was particularly stupid. I happen to disagree with most of the rest of your views as blanket statements. I think upbringing has a lot to do with how people react in situations and in what they think is appropriate and necessary. Sure, they may realize it is wrong and stupid (or may not), however, that does not automatically make any situation involving a gun "easy" to avoid.

TitanHope
12-01-2011, 09:11 PM
My comments were aimed at the "fact" being thrown around in here that regardless of upbringing it is easy to avoid situations involving guns. I could care less about the specifics in this case (which are not actually clear at all from what I have read). I followed up my initial comment with an assertion that the majority of posters in here would have zero first hand knowledge about upbringing in these neighborhoods.

I dont believe anything I have said is as outrageous as several people are making out.

So you have a soapbox about people judging other people for carrying around guns (which is what wogitalia was talking about) and are using this thread to voice it, but when it comes to the actual story the thread is over, you don't care about the specifics?

Also, what kind of upbringing justifies carrying a loaded gun while you go clubbing or threatening another person's life (the accusations were apparently clear enough for police to make the arrest)? I ask you because I assume you've had a similar upbringing, unless you're just as bad as everyone else for judging these guys (whether negatively or positively) for their actions despite not being raised in similar neighborhoods. Cause if you gotta grow up in their shoes to say these situations are easily avoidable, then wouldn't you agree the same rings true for saying they're not easily avoidable?

Timbathia
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
So you have a soapbox about people judging other people for carrying around guns (which is what wogitalia was talking about) and are using this thread to voice it, but when it comes to the actual story the thread is over, you don't care about the specifics?

Yes. Arent internet forums a place where people generally voice an opinion on other stuff people post? As I said, my comments were directed at blanket statements being made

Also, what kind of upbringing justifies carrying a loaded gun while you go clubbing or threatening another person's life (the accusations were apparently clear enough for police to make the arrest)? I ask you because I assume you've had a similar upbringing, unless you're just as bad as everyone else for judging these guys (whether negatively or positively) for their actions despite not being raised in similar neighborhoods. Cause if you gotta grow up in their shoes to say these situations are easily avoidable, then wouldn't you agree the same rings true for saying they're not easily avoidable?

Firstly, I never said anyone was "justified" in carrying a gun/threatening with one. The debate for what constitutes justification can be held another day. This is only about ease of avoiding situations involving firearms.

wogitalia
12-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Firstly, I never said anyone was "justified" in carrying a gun/threatening with one. The debate for what constitutes justification can be held another day. This is only about ease of avoiding situations involving firearms.

It's not a very complicated thing though..

We have a situation where a guy is carrying a gun. That is pretty black and white. You only carry a gun if you are planning on putting yourself in a situation where you might need it.

Basically what has happened is McClain has woken up in the morning and the conscious decision to carry a loaded weapon and then has gone to the lengths of putting himself into a situation to use it. That is two things that are just flat out easy to avoid. You don't carry the tool, you instantly are not in that position. So ignoring that as a way that this whole situation was easily avoidable we have a guy who chose to put himself in a position where he might end up waving around a loaded weapon, he then actually made the choice to pull that weapon.

This wasn't a situation where McClain had a gun pulled on him, an often unavoidable situation, this is a situation where McClain woke up in the morning, decided to take a gun out with him during the day, then decided to pull it out, point it at a guys head and fire it. This is a textbook easily avoidable situation. A rational/smart person would not put them self in that position.

You are basically making the same arguement that someone can accidentally rob a bank. Say I wake up in the morning, decide to wear a balaclava and carry a loaded gun, I then walk into the bank and pull said gun out and ask for money. That has nothing to do with ones upbringing, there is no kind of upbringing where that isn't an easily avoidable situation, just like this, it doesn't matter what your upbringing, where you live, how you speak, there is just no reason to be in this situation where you are carrying a loaded weapon and using it.

Put simply, when you can wake up in the morning, look at the gun lying on your dresser and either take it with you or leave it sitting there, then whatever happens down the line with that weapon was entirely avoidable from the start of your day. Heck, I would argue that it was avoidable when you made the brain dead decision to buy said weapon in the first place, you keep walking past the gun shop and wowee you just avoided this entire situation even being possible.

This is just plain and simple an easily avoidable situation and it has nothing to do with upbringing, this is about an adult/child(it doesn't matter) making a smart decision or a really stupid decision and the consequences that then follow that decision.

Another comparison... if you have a car that you know the brakes don't work on, do you take that car out and drive on the freeway and then blame upbringing for why you crashed? No you don't, you made a ******** decision to drive the car, that's not upbringing, that's just common sense.

There is just no excuse for when people do truly stupid ****, you deserve to cop any flak and consequences that come your way, that should be how life works, by all means feel free to do stupid **** but don't try and blame someone else if it backfires.

Raiderz4Life
12-02-2011, 01:13 AM
I mean...he had apparently already beat the guy and still chased him after the guy crawled to his car. Like....seriously? Where is the need to go after him and point a freaking gun to his head? Idc what anyone says...that's 100% easily avoided.

Prowler
12-02-2011, 03:23 AM
People do realize that this is the same neighborhood that he's grown up in and has had bullets fired at him previously. He shouldn't have mingled with people. Should have stayed in his family's house or hotel room and stayed safe. I do kinda want to see what the other guy did to set him off like that. Right now the only justification would be if its the same guy who shot at him before, was gang related, or maybe the guy told him that they were going to go "Sean Taylor" him and his family and he was just "deterring" that.

Kinda hard to judge what a person would have done with no facts yet. He's most likely an idiot, but I want to see more.

Ngatachance92
12-02-2011, 03:44 AM
Assess the whole situation before passing judgement? Preposterous, what good are Ivory Towers if you can't look down your nose at someone prematurely?

Ness
12-02-2011, 04:29 AM

Well people are from different areas like ghettos and are raised differently. Not surprising to see people lack common sense like this really. It's a social economic issue.

Ness
12-02-2011, 04:33 AM

There are grown men 40+ years of age in jail. Most of them (in the USA) are poor black people that grew up only knowing a lot of crime, drugs, poverty, etc. When you are raised like that from birth probably be irresponsible people, it's not going to go well in the future.

It's just the opposite of having folks that raise a child with all of the good moral implications we'd like to all have as people. You grow up in a bad environment and taught all the wrong lessons in life, you're most likely going to be a terrible person when it's all said and done.

Ness
12-02-2011, 04:36 AM

Well the legal system isn't always correct. Or rather, it doesn't take into account how this country has grown the last 200+ years. Civil right were only enacted like 50 years ago. And poverty still exists because of events that have happened prior to that. Not that the USA isn't trying to turn things around, but this country is clearly paying for the seeds they plated when the country was first formed.

bantx
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
you people don't know how it be like in the life of a thug

bigbluedefense
12-02-2011, 10:54 AM
It's not as easy as we think escaping your past when all your close family and friends are still engulfed in that lifestyle. When its part of your family, it follows you, no matter how rich you are or how far you move away.

Having that said, he's gotta be smarter than that. Coming from a troubled background isn't an excuse to do some dumb ****.

DraftSavant
12-02-2011, 10:55 AM
ILCNAln_7Z4

vidae
12-02-2011, 11:05 AM
you people don't know how it be like in the life of a thug

This cracked me up. You WISH you were a thug bantx! Go take some pictures or something, nerd! :D

bantx
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm as thug as they come Vidae.

I think Tupac said it best

""The streets didn’t teach me that Thug Life can never die, the world taught me that. I thought I could retire and move on. When I moved on to the so-called “real world.” the “civilized world,” these mothafuckas is worse than the niggas on the streets!""

FUNBUNCHER
12-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Following a bleeding man back to his car, pulling a gun on him AND firing is just stupid. McClain knew better IMO.

Thank God he had enough sense not to aim the barrel at the dude's head.

DraftSavant
12-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Semi-related, but did anything ever happen with the Marvin Harrison shootings?

FUNBUNCHER
12-02-2011, 11:45 AM

Good question.

If there were any arrests or significant updates, I think we'd be hearing about it from Indy fans or people who live in the Philadelphia area.

FlyingElvis
12-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Brilliant decision.

Prowler
12-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Following a bleeding man back to his car, pulling a gun on him AND firing is just stupid. McClain knew better IMO.

Thank God he had enough sense not to aim the barrel at the dude's head.

Depends, maybe he deserved it. Maybe the guy was raping a nun at the bar and Rolando stepped up and helped her. Or maybe he's an overaggressive dick.

SolidGold
12-02-2011, 12:25 PM
According to the victim he claims he was ambushed by McClain. For all the excuses he is getting (ie. being a thug and all that) he is still a human being. Everyone is supposed to know right from wrong, its in our DNA. All the excuses about his upbringing still don't discount the fact that he had a choice to make and he made the wrong one. It's pretty cut and dry.

MidwestJimmy
12-02-2011, 12:29 PM
It's all good. As long as McClain wasn't caught with weed, Goodell won't do anything to him.

What was he doing in Alabama anyway? Shouldn't he be with his team? Hopefully McClain won't be the next Ray Carruth.

DraftSavant
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Again, I was never trying to defend his actions or make excuses for him. Just trying to guard against the "if I was in his situation, I'd do things this way" line of thinking.

He should and will be accountable for his actions. I'm just saying, people don't wake up one morning and decide, "hey, I'm going to completely **** my life up today."

bantx
12-02-2011, 12:31 PM
It's all good. As long as McClain wasn't caught with weed, Goodell won't do anything to him.

What was he doing in Alabama anyway? Shouldn't he be with his team? Hopefully McClain won't be the next Ray Carruth.

His fathers funeral

K Train
12-02-2011, 01:30 PM
the picture was just tooooo good

Ness
12-02-2011, 02:46 PM

Haha. "The Marvin Harrison shootings". I can already hear the dispatch.

"Suspect is on foot, we are in pursuit, damn he's fast".

Marvin Harrison with a gun LOL.

Prowler
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM

The victim was later shot and murdered after he got out of the hospital...so no more witness.

TitanHope
12-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Oh, so he didn't shoot the guy's ear, but just shot adjacent to it.

Good. That's slightly less deranged.

bigbluedefense
12-02-2011, 03:50 PM
The victim was later shot and murdered after he got out of the hospital...so no more witness.

Marvin Harrison doesn't play games.

Well...except football.

KCJ58
12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
This guy is an punk, he didn't even beat up the guy he had one of his homies do it for him. This isn't his first offense either he's already being sued for the Alabama incident. He's going to jail for a long time

MetSox17
12-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Good. That's slightly less deranged.

I'd say it's even more sadistic. Guns are ******* loud, unloading one right next to his ear to purposely deafen him/scare him is ******* nuts.

bigbluedefense
12-03-2011, 11:08 AM

I'm no expert in photoshop....that picture can't be real, can it? That's gotta be a photoshop right?

I mean...he seriously can't be that stupid right?

Prowler
12-03-2011, 12:18 PM
So technically he didn't hit him. I wonder if he can use the excuse of, "I was celebrating the Cinco de Mayo early by shooting my guns off."

"How is it my fault if he got scared?"

Raiderz4Life
12-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm no expert in photoshop....that picture can't be real, can it? That's gotta be a photoshop right?

He chased an injured man to his car and shot a gun next to his ear after having it pointed at his head....so...yes....he probably CAN be THAT stupid.

soybean
12-03-2011, 02:36 PM

This picture was shown on ESPN so it's either real or an awesome troll job.

BigBanger
12-03-2011, 09:14 PM

One response necessary:

Zx40udwQvZI

J-Mike88
12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
What do we know about the guy McLain went after here?
Choir boy?

Abaddon
12-03-2011, 10:56 PM
What do we know about the guy McLain went after here?
Choir boy?

My name is Rishard Tapscott. My friends call me Tard.

http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/810928-lmao_super.jpg

We know he went for his weapon before McClain pulled out his gun.

Here is Tapscott's account (http://decatur.static2.adqic.com/uploads/files/7b5118d660.pdf) of the incident, as transcribed by the Decatur police.
============================================

My name is Rishard Tapscott. My friends call me Tard. I am 23 years old and I have been living in Tuscaloosa and working there (at Automax). I grew up in Decatur and went to Decatur High School. I was in a group of very close friends and we have remained friends since school. Those in our group of friends are Derrick Parker, who we call Dede; Michael Irvin, who we call Dooney; Rolando McClain, who we call Boo; Phillip Powell, who we call Phil; Demarcus Orr, who we call Marcus, and Jarrodeous Willingham, who we call Tweezy. We call each other brothers. We were all with Rolando when got drafted to the NFL.

I haven’t seen Rolando since June of this year. Me and the brothers have always gotten along. I’ve never been into it with any of them. There was an incident last week when I was with Tweezy and his cousin Montez Jackson. We were shooting dice with a lot of other people. Montez took my money from me and we got into a little scuffle about it. Tweezy broke it up before it got too bad. I was upset that night and I said something to Tweezy in front of everybody about him not having my back. After that night, me and Tweezy didn’t talk again, but I thought everything was over.

Yesterday (Nov. 30), I called Derrick to see what he was doing. It was 9:02 p.m. when I called him. He said he was with Michael Irvin and Peyton. Peyton is a white guy who went to school with Phil, or knew Phil from schools and we all got to know Peyton. Michael said they were at his house, playing the PlayStation. I told him I was in Moulton Heights, but I would come over later. I stayed in Moulton Heights until about 9:30 p.m. I didn’t have phone service there, but when I left, I saw that I had several missed calls. Peyton had called at 9:13 p.m. Phillip called me five times, starting at 9:15 p.m., and Tweezy called me at 9:19 p.m. I drove home for a minute and then drove to Michael Irvin’s house on Skyview. I got there about 10:15 p.m.

Michael was there with Peyton, Michael’s girlfriend named Leslie (she’s Hispanic). I don’t know her last name. Derrick Parker was there, so was Phillip Powell and Rolando McClain. I said hey to everyone and I went in and sat on the couch. I was on the phone talking to this girl from Tuscaloosa, Kalmiesha Carter. I told Michael I had the next game.

Phillip, Derrick, Rolando and Michael got up and put on their coats. I thought they were going out to smoke. I didn’t see Tweezy there anywhere. They went outside. Leslie was in the bathroom. Peyton was in the back of the house. He lived there with Michael.

I sat on the couch in the living room by myself and talked on the phone. After a few minutes, Michael opened the door and asked me if I had a lighter. I told him no. He shut the door, then Rolando opened the door and said, “Come outside. Tweezy said he’s gonna beat you up.” I told him I wasn’t going to fight him. I could hear Tweezy outside saying he wanted to fight. I kept saying that I wasn’t going outside and I wasn’t going to fight. Tweezy walked in and everybody else walked in behind him. They all had their phones out and were recording it.

I was sitting on the couch and Tweezy walked up to me and said, “So I ain’t help you?” He was talking about the week before when I called him out in front of everyone. He kept saying that and jumping at me, like he was going to jump on me. I kept saying that I wasn’t going to fight him and he kept saying I had to fight him. Tweezy slapped me. I didn’t do anything, so he slapped me again. He slapped me five or six times. I kept saying, “Stop hitting me.” I put my head down so he couldn’t slap me. Michael said, “I at least thought you would fight back.” Michael said he didn’t want a punk in his house, so he told me to get out of his house. I got up to leave. Michael told Tweezy to stop hitting me in the house. Tweezy said he was going to fight outside.

Rolando stood there, laughing and recording it on his phone. Michael told me that Tweezy was going to fight me outside, so I gave him my stuff to hold, my phone and wallet, and keys and hat. I went outside and Tweezy jumped on me. He threw some punches and I threw some back. I grabbed him and pulled him to me so he couldn’t hit me. He slammed me to the ground and got on top of me and was hitting me. I tried to cover up. I yelled for them to get him off me. They pulled him off me and he stomped me as they did.

Tweezy was still coming after me, so I went to my car and got a box cutter and put it in my pocket. Rolando yelled, “Put that gun down.” I told him I didn’t have a gun, I had a knife. Rolando pulled out his gun and started walking up to me, pointing the gun at me. Rolando yelled, “Pull what you got out.” I told him no; I said I wasn’t fighting no more. Rolando put the gun up to my head. He was saying, “I’ll kill you. I’ll shoot you in your head. Pull what you got out.” Rolando fired the gun beside my head, by my left ear. I thought at first that I had been shot. My left ear was ringing and I couldn’t hear. I ducked down. When I raised back up, Rolando was still pointing the gun at my face. Rolando said, “Take it out of your pocket.” I took out the box cutter and he started laughing.

Rolando said, “So you broke in my house in Tuscaloosa?” I told him no, I had been working. Rolando turned to walk in the house. I set the box cutter on the trunk of my car. I went up to the house to get my stuff from Michael. I said, “Bring my stuff out.” I heard Rolando say something like, “No, don’t take it out there.” I stepped into the front door and Rolando punched me in the face. I fell back against the wall. I was woozy. I told Michael to give me my stuff, that I was going to go. Rolando said, “Well, you ain’t going nowhere. You about to fight me or you about to fight Tweezy.” I told him I wasn’t fighting no more. Rolando told me I had five seconds to decide.

Michael gave me my stuff and I started walking to my car. Tweezy was waiting outside and he jumped on me again and started punching me. I tried to grab his legs. We fell to the ground and he got on top of me and started punching me. He punched me in the face and I felt him break my nose. I was yelling for him to get off me. They yelled, “He’s crying.” I told them I wasn’t crying, but I couldn’t breathe. They pulled him off me. I laid there for a minute, then I got up and started picking up my stuff and walked back toward my car.

The police pulled up and yelled at me not to move. They all started walking back into the house. The police were asking me who was shouting. I told the police that Jerrodious hit me. I didn’t say anything about Rolando. I didn’t want to mess up his NFL career. The police asked if I wanted an ambulance. I told them no because I don’t have insurance and can’t afford it. I told the police I just wanted to leave.

Abaddon
12-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Sounds to me like Rolando was making sure things didn't get too far out of hand. Keeping things weapon-free.

Bulldogs
12-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Sounds to me like Rolando was making sure things didn't get too far out of hand. Keeping things weapon-free.

Agreed but he still comes off as an a-hole in this story. I'm interested to hear the other side of it but this looks really bad on Rolando.

Abaddon
12-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Well, you kinda have to be an asshole in that situation. That's not exactly a forum for a "Hey...c'mon, guys." approach. Especially if you're dealing with what you believe is a thief.

Ngatachance92
12-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Yeah and he may be an A-hole but this sounds a bit more justified then he was given credit for. When Mr.Tard made it to his car maybe he should have boogied out of there.

Ngatachance92
12-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Well, you kinda have to be an asshole in that situation. That's not exactly a forum for a "Hey...c'mon, guys." approach. Especially if you're dealing with what you believe is a thief.

He wasnt exactly raised in a "lets hug it out bro" Enviroment.

nobodyinparticular
12-04-2011, 12:11 AM
http://thepqnation.com/livingwicked/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/810928-lmao_super.jpg

We know he went for his weapon before McClain pulled out his gun.

Wow. This really changes my viewpoint of this situation. In Rolando's mind, he pulled out his weapon in self-defense. After the incident earlier in the year when McClain was shot at, he felt he had to be proactive in preventing further attacks against him. In my mind, then, the firing of the gun (and ******** "menacing" charge) is warranted (of course my mind is not law).

That leaves the assault charge. It sounds like McClain and his friends/family were administering a little bit of street justice and a weasel decided to rat. To put it another way, how many times have you seen or been in a fight and everybody just walked away? Heck, go back and read the countless random discussion threads and you will read plenty of people talking about that ****.

So then the question becomes whether or not it is becoming of an NFL player to take part in street justice. With the image of the NFL at stake, I would say the answer it absolutely not. There is no place for street justice here. McClain needs to grow up and realize he is now in a world much bigger than his hometown of Decatur Alabama. He has to accept he is just by a much different set of rules than his hometown culture even if he still resides in Decatur. For this reason, it would probably be beneficial for McClain to move into an upscale, suburban area and begin to break away from the culture that he grew up in.

Abaddon
12-04-2011, 12:43 AM
He wasnt exactly raised in a "lets hug it out bro" Enviroment.

Understatement to be sure.

J-Mike88
12-04-2011, 08:35 AM
The thinning of the heard here?
Darwinism?

SolidGold
12-04-2011, 11:03 AM
He will be active for today's game...pretty pathetic but one wouldn't expect anything more from the raiders.

bigbluedefense
12-04-2011, 11:35 AM
This picture was shown on ESPN so it's either real or an awesome troll job.

That is just awesome. It's almost unbelievable. It actually was unbelievable.

Gotta love it.

Giantsfan1080
12-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Apparently there's a video that might prove McClain is innocent. His arrest picture is excellent.

vidae
12-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Haha, this is awesome. So McClain pulls out a gun, fires it, and people are already making excuses for him? Street justice? That is the biggest load of ******** I think I've ever read on the DC boards and that is saying something.

Abaddon
12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Haha, this is awesome. So McClain pulls out a gun, fires it, and people are already making excuses for him? Street justice? That is the biggest load of ******** I think I've ever read on the DC boards and that is saying something.

Your sushi's getting cold, White Bread.

Abaddon
12-04-2011, 12:28 PM
He will be active for today's game...pretty pathetic but one wouldn't expect anything more from the raiders.

Indeed. Every player should be punished without any sort of due process.

Simple.

vidae
12-04-2011, 12:31 PM
^^ Homer alert! Homer alert! ^^

Defend him if you want, but don't pretend like he is completely innocent here.

Raiderz4Life
12-04-2011, 02:06 PM

oh please...don't go acting all high and mighty. You know every team would play their starting MLB. get out of here with your ********

Abaddon
12-04-2011, 03:26 PM
^^ Homer alert! Homer alert! ^^

Defend him if you want, but don't pretend like he is completely innocent here.

Who said he was? We don't know what happened yet. There was no reason for him to not play today.

SolidGold
12-04-2011, 05:35 PM
oh please...don't go acting all high and mighty. You know every team would play their starting MLB. get out of here with your ********
Not being high and mighty. He was arrested and booked. This dude is a turd. I don't care about his enablers saying stuff like its about how he grew up hood and all that nonsense. They got smoked anyways by the Dolphins.

MetSox17
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Your sushi's getting cold, White Bread.

I don't even know what this means, but it sounds awesome.

Raiderz4Life
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Not being high and mighty. He was arrested and booked. This dude is a turd. I don't care about his enablers saying stuff like its about how he grew up hood and all that nonsense. They got smoked anyways by the Dolphins.

I'm not defending McClain I know he's a dumbass. But you got on your high horse and took a shot at Oakland for starting him when you know well EVERY team would start their MLB had he been in that spot.

Raiderz4Life
12-04-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't even know what this means, but it sounds awesome.

I think he's calling vid a white washed black guy?? idk lol

Reminded me of Glory when Denzel called Andre Braugher "Snowflake" lmao

vidae
12-04-2011, 06:03 PM
I think he's calling vid a white washed black guy?? idk lol

Reminded me of Glory when Denzel called Andre Braugher "Snowflake" lmao

Oh he was trying to insult me? He did a really bad job of it.