PDA

View Full Version : NFL Play 60 song lyrics.

Ness
12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
You either love or hate the background music that accompanies the message. I love it. I cannot help but to bob my head or tap my foot to the background rhythm. If you hate it, it might be because it's hard to understand the words. Or, because NFL-N plays it...a lot. (Empty air space, NFL-N?) What are those kids singing anyway?

It turns out they are not kids. The tune is from a 2004 track laid down by Brit garage band Go! Team who made a fetish of incoherent lyrics.

http://redskinshogheaven.com/2011-articles/september/finally-the-words-to-the-nfl-play60-commercial.html

Watch who's comin'' at you why? who's got the power?
Watch who's comin'' at you if you might allow her.
Watch who's comin'' at you why? who's comin' through? one, a bit right then we got two.
Watch who's comin' at you but don't fuss
Watch who's gonna get you back on the bus
Watch you change your light bulb then you take a shower and put you back on the bus.
Watch who's comin' at you then you take a shower?
Watch who's comin' at you if you might allow her.
Watch who's comin' at you why? who's got the power?
If you hear us say "come USA...." (NFL Play 60 voiceover)

d0S27ajsfNk

PackerLegend
12-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Um? Cool.... err not.

Brent
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
am I missing something here?

Flyboy
12-01-2011, 10:41 PM
*shrugs*

The commercials makes me nod my head even though two of them feature NFC South opponents.

BloodBrother
12-01-2011, 10:58 PM
the commercials are annoying...but at least I finally know what they are saying. All I was ever able to make out was "take a shower" and "back on the bus"

Ness
12-01-2011, 11:11 PM
the commercials are annoying...but at least I finally know what they are saying. All I was ever able to make out was "take a shower" and "back on the bus"

You made me just picture Jerry Sandusky after reading that comment. And especially with that photo in your signature of Jordy Nelson because someone cracked a joke a couple of weeks ago about how he looked like a younger Sandusky.

Ness
12-01-2011, 11:13 PM
am I missing something here?

I don't remember if NFL Network has played any more commercial than this one in their history. Scratch that, I remember a stupid United Way commercial with Eli Manning doing jumping jacks that used to get played over and over.

Anyways, someone asked in another thread that they wonder what the lyrics to the song was. I admit I was curious to. After seeing that commercial for what seemed like the millionth time, I decided to just look it up and well...here they are.

DraftSavant
12-01-2011, 11:16 PM
I don't remember if NFL Network has played any more commercial than this one in their history. Scratch that, I remember a stupid United Way commercial with Eli Manning doing jumping jacks that used to get played over and over.

Anyways, someone asked in another thread that they wonder what the lyrics to the song was. I admit I was curious to. After seeing that commercial for what seemed like the millionth time, I decided to just look it up and well...here they are.

The NFL apparel for women ad gets played constantly, and I ******* hate it.

Ngatachance92
12-01-2011, 11:26 PM
I don't think these lyrics will be on that Wayne Brady/Sugar Ray show anytime soon.

Brent
12-02-2011, 05:42 AM
The NFL apparel for women ad gets played constantly, and I ******* hate it.
yeah and they don't even had Alyssa Milano on screen to even it out, just a bunch of floozies.