PDA

View Full Version : Eagles get Spikes and Holcomb for Walker and conditional 7th rounder in 2008

mpt117
03-26-2007, 07:38 PM
reported on EMB and on WIP by Howard Eskin...take it for what its worth now but i am PUMPED!!!

mpt117
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp

Ciao Bella
03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
wow, you guys just stole him

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2007, 08:06 PM
reported on EMB and on WIP by Howard Eskin...take it for what its worth now but i am PUMPED!!!

I am so pumped too, we just ripped them off so badly.

cunningham06
03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Yea not a great deal for the Bills. I am super excited for Takeo, we didn't really need Holcomb though, unless he's a good holder which I don't know if he is.

jonbrodo17
03-26-2007, 08:46 PM
once he inks a long term deal, i am getting a takeo jersey

eaglesalltheway
03-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I actually like that we got Holcomb, now we won't need to draft a QB in the later rounds, and now we won't have to put up with people giving us guys like Troy Smith in the second or third round in their mocks.

bsaza2358
03-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Let's not go crazy here. Takeo was an all-world talent in Cincinatti and with Buffalo prior to the Achilles tear. He showed some flashes of greatness last season. I'm expecting an improvement in productivity from the SAM position, but not all-pro production. I'm going to stay realistic. Overall, the Eagles took a player they didn't want anymore and turned him into an upgrade at LB and depth at QB. You cannot argue with that kind of return in any way.

eaglesalltheway
03-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't think anyone was going crazy, but I do agree that I think this was a major upgrade at our SAM postion. I know I never said anything about expecting a Pro-Bowl out of him. But I don think this acquisistion will make our defence in the running to be top 5 or 10 next year.

bsaza2358
03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Takeo struggled last season due to injury and the fact that Buffalo's DT's couldn't keep him "clean" to flow to the ball. The Eagles DLine has to do its job, so all of the LB's can help at the point of attack. The presence of Spikes should help the rest of the LB's get an extra moment or 2 to help on the defensive end. This was a good move to get a strong player, and I like what Spikes will bring. Just have to remember not to expect pro bowl production. If we keep our expectations realistic, we have a better chance of getting what we want and a really strong chance of being very pleasantly surprised.

cunningham06
03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I might have to get a Spikes Eagles jersey. It would look badass.

dcsicass31birds
03-27-2007, 09:06 PM
who do we draft first now...are we still gonna draft a LB or are we gonna get an offensive player 1st round for the first time in a while...

I still would like to see a LB drafted 1st though...willis or Poz

cunningham06
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Willis won't be there when we pick. What do you mean "a while?" We took Shawn Andrews in the first round in 2004. I do not want a first round receiver at all. already have two Spikes threads.

Pit Bull #53
03-27-2007, 09:54 PM
He said on Sirius today that he feels his best position is WILL. Is he definately playing the strongside or has it been determined yet?

cunningham06
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I really hope he does play SAM, he would be good at WILL, that's probably where he's best at, but he will probably play SAM for us. We've already got two players who can play weakside. Gaither is quite good, and McCoy is not bad so I would rather Spikes play strongside.

eaglesalltheway
03-28-2007, 06:32 AM
We will probably go after a safety, if all of the good first round safeties are gone, we will probably go after a LB.

eaglesalltheway
03-28-2007, 06:33 AM
But what about Gocong? Still, I would rather him at SAM, but Gocong seems promising as well. Either position I would be fine with, but I would be happier if he played SAM.

bsaza2358
03-28-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm going to have all Spikes threads merged for the sake of simplicity.

Philly Boy Roy
03-28-2007, 12:20 PM
They could always go with Brian Leonard... A great fit, and an explosive offensive weapon and compliment to Westbrook.

They may even want to trade down into the beginning of round 2 and take him, while picking up a late 3rd or early 4th in the process. Then in round 2/3 you take a Safety and LB. Leonard is a once in a decade talent at his position.

bsaza2358
03-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Please do not post in this thread. We have 2 Spikes threads already.

ihatephilly
03-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Link: Video of Press Conference. (http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/rmPlayer/realPlayer.jsp?clipOrder=1&clip=http%3A%2F%2Fplay.rbn.com%2F%3Furl%3Dnfl%2Fnf l%2Fopen%2Feagles%2Fdemand%2F2007video%2Fpress0703 38.rm%26proto%3Drtsp%26rbnkey%3D1&start=real)

Link: Takeo Spikes Lands in Philly. (www.ihatephilly.com)

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8830/spikes80fd2.jpg

Today the Philadelphia Eagles formally announced the signing of Takeo Spikes, and Kelly Holcomb, that will be the only time I mention Kelly in this, at the Nova Care Complex late this afternoon. As expected Spikes had nothing but good things to say about the Eagles, and that he is beyond excited to be in Philly. This will be the first time in his ten year career he will have an opportunity to be playing for a playoff caliber team. When asked about how he is feeling these days, Spikes said this is the best he's felt since before his season ending injury in 2005. As you can see in the picture, Spikes will be rocking number 51 this season, so no more jokes about Matt McCoy being route 51, he currently does not have a number, and the Eagles are thinking about keeping it that way. When asked how he was able to get the number 51 from McCoy, he said he challenged McCoy to an arm wrestling match. When McCoy accepted the challenge and extended his arm to start the match, Spikes b*tch slapped him and told him that he was taking his number and his spot at LB. McCoy fell to the ground, like he did all last season, and said that sounds like a good plan to him. Spikes then proceeded to look for, and I quote, "that sissy with the bow tie who plays a banjo." I have no idea who he could be talking about. This guy is friggin nuts. You can watch the press conference here. Unfortunately there is no video of the "b*tch slap" Spikes laid on Matt McCoy.

cunningham06
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
We should undoubtedly keep familiarizing Gocong with the SAM position, so he can eventually take over once Takeo's done. Now that he has some time to learn it gradually he may be better off in the long run. This would have been a quick transition to say the least.

cunningham06
03-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Spikes is so awesome, he is the man. That jersey looks nice, I might have to get one once the season starts.

He has got the biggest neck I've ever seen seriously it's much wider than his head.

jetvilma51
03-28-2007, 08:44 PM
nice, im just glad thats one less thing i haft to worry about when we play the bills

SuperMcGee
03-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Any Spikes jersey is worth buying. With his intensity and beastly name, I'm not even upset that mine is now outdated

eaglesalltheway
03-29-2007, 06:26 AM
I'm going to have all Spikes threads merged for the sake of simplicity.

That is probably a good idea, but it will eventually slow down when it comes to Spikes, so we won't have to worry about it anymore. Just thought I would like to comment on Philly Boy's post, I like, very nice. I know so many don't want him and I can't understand why.

eaglesalltheway
03-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Yes, it would have been quick, but remember Gocong is a very bright individual, so I think it would be less of a problem for him.

eaglesalltheway
03-29-2007, 06:31 AM
It is true about his neck, he it looks like his head is resting on a mountain. This is so great if you ask me, I can't wait to go out a buy a Spikes jersey.

bsaza2358
03-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Spikes has always been a physical specimen in terms of his build. I'm more worried about him fully recovering from the Achilles tear and giving us solid production from the SAM spot.

Salami
03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Spikes has always been a physical specimen in terms of his build. I'm more worried about him fully recovering from the Achilles tear and giving us solid production from the SAM spot.

He also had hamstring problems.

eaglesalltheway
03-30-2007, 06:33 AM
Let's just hope he is over those. If not, we could have Gocong and Jones fight for the position. If Spikes would have to be taken out of a game, I would be begging to see some og Gocong, I don't want any more of Dhani.

dcsicass31birds
04-05-2007, 11:14 PM
y does it look like 2 people holding the jersey on the right our right side???

brat316
04-05-2007, 11:17 PM
what no it doesnt

GoCong hopefully can make an impact on the team with his 42 inch Vertical and since we traded up to get him, Yeah I hear he is going to play LB and DE hopefully with the 4.7 speed of his he can pass rush amazingly

brat316
04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
THat is funny spikes bitched slapped McCoy and then went out to look for that sissy who wears a neck tie and plays a banjo

LOL did that actually happen lol it would be nice to see something lik that happen

eaglesalltheway
04-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm just glad he is here.

bsaza2358
04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Merged all Spikes threads into one for the sake of space and convenience.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2007, 09:35 AM
Awesome...

cunningham06
04-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Awesome...

stop trying to boost your post count.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Crap, you caught me.

bsaza2358
04-23-2007, 10:00 AM
If you guys don't settle down, I'm going to turn this thread around, and you guys will go to bed without dessert!

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2007, 02:06 PM
No!!! You promised we would stop and get some ice cream. I want some ice cream!

BufFan71
05-27-2007, 07:47 AM
u have to realize, Spikes was traded b/c he was outplayed.....

by Keith Ellison...a 6th round draft pick
Spikes (a great leader) missed alot of tackles, and doesnt have the speed to play the Tampa 2
was traded basically so that Ellison could be the starter

remix 6
05-27-2007, 08:37 AM
u have to realize, Spikes was traded b/c he was outplayed.....

by Keith Ellison...a 6th round draft pick
Spikes (a great leader) missed alot of tackles, and doesnt have the speed to play the Tampa 2
was traded basically so that Ellison could be the starter

u realize Spikes was hurt most of the year .. again. right?

BufFan71
05-27-2007, 09:53 AM
i kno that...im a bills fan it was a pulled hamstring......
after so much hype he pulls his hamstring on like the 4th play of the game

cunningham06
05-27-2007, 11:13 AM
i kno that...im a bills fan it was a pulled hamstring......
after so much hype he pulls his hamstring on like the 4th play of the game

He wasn't 100% after his achilles injury once the season started. If you look at his stats he steadily started improving towards the end of the season. He's fully healthy right now and I expect he will be a good player for us.

In other news you guys might not get Darwin Walker. If he doesn't report to camp by August 4th, he will most likely still be a part of the Eagles organization. I hope he shows up, I don't particularly want him back.

Sniper
05-27-2007, 04:29 PM
He wasn't 100% after his achilles injury once the season started. If you look at his stats he steadily started improving towards the end of the season. He's fully healthy right now and I expect he will be a good player for us.

In other news you guys might not get Darwin Walker. If he doesn't report to camp by August 4th, he will most likely still be a part of the Eagles organization. I hope he shows up, I don't particularly want him back.

Whoa whoa whoa buddy. We just cut Rayburn, we need a 12th dlineman again! Duh. The world would cease to exist if we didn't have a ridiculous overabundance of dlinemen. You take that back now!

cunningham06
05-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Whoa whoa whoa buddy. We just cut Rayburn, we need a 12th dlineman again! Duh. The world would cease to exist if we didn't have a ridiculous overabundance of dlinemen. You take that back now!

You know what? You're right! Andy Reid would probably get a coronary reading what I had wrote. A team without 30 linemen on the roster is not an Andy Reid team. I take that back, we will take him back, also we'll sign the rest of the FA DT's so we can get some good competition going into TC.

eaglesalltheway
05-27-2007, 08:11 PM
You know what? You're right! Andy Reid would probably get a coronary reading what I had wrote. A team without 30 linemen on the roster is not an Andy Reid team. I take that back, we will take him back, also we'll sign the rest of the FA DT's so we can get some good competition going into TC.

I don't know about that, but we may get five or ten more...

SeanTaylorRIP
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Not so fast, with Walker to Buffalo:http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10197562

brat316
05-29-2007, 08:27 PM
yeah kinda late with that post a buddy

eaglesalltheway
06-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Just a bit, but to comment on your sig there Ghettosermon, you need three points in space to make a triangle, and even though Landry and Taylor are good, they are not three points in space, so therefore, not a triangle.