PDA

View Full Version : 2011= 2010 season gone right?

49ersfan_87
12-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Seems like most of the 2010 preseason predictions which flopped for 2010, have started coming true for 2011...

-Texans were supposed to take over the AFC South. That didn't happen, but its happening this year

-49ers were supposed to run away with a weak NFC West. They were a massive dissapointment in 2010, and are now running away with it in 2011.

-Eagles were supposed to struggle. They were supposed to go through some struggles with Kolb but instead surprised everyone with Vick and made the playoffs. Now they're dissappointing and while they're talented in some areas, too many weaknesses are holding this team back

-Tampa Bay was supposed to still be rebuilding after 2009, Freeman and Morris were supposed to struggle. They overachieved in 2010, back to earth in 2011...as was expected in 2010.

I don't know...seems kind of random but i was just thinking about it earlier this night. Thoughts?

Bengalsrocket
12-06-2011, 12:30 AM
This league is unpredictable, yes.

Ness
12-06-2011, 12:46 AM
I don't remember last year people thinking that the Texans were going to take over the AFC South. I just remember people saying that they had to get around the Colts and at least beat them. And they did. Then they got off to a strong strong. I actually thought they had a chance to make wildcard, but that defense screwed them over yet again, which shouldn't have surprising.

The 49ers I wasn't surprised they lost out on the season yet again last year. I never had confidence with Mike Singletary and Jimmy Raye running the show.

ChiFan24
12-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Makes sense. Crazy **** can happen in a single season that makes teams fail to reach expectations, but things tend to regress to the norm. Hence the lucky Bucs being less lucky, and teams like the Niners and Texans who had a lot of things out of their control go wrong leading their divisions. Of course, having competent coaching and/or defensive backs helps, but it's more than just that. Hence, why I picked SF and Houston to win their divisions and for TB to finish in last. Didn't see Philly imploding, but not many did.