San Francisco at Arizona 4:05
Oakland at Green Bay 4:15
Buffalo at San Diego 4:15
NY Giants at Dallas 8:20

Monday:

St. Louis at Seattle 8:30

Giantsfan1080
12-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm super pumped about the Sunday night game for obvious reasons so I figured I'd give this a go.

Hines
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Steelers should have no problems with Cleveland.

gpngc
12-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Philly-Miami intrigues me because I expect the Eagles to play hard with Vick back and the Dolphins are playing about as well as anyone in the entire league right now.

Complex
12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I have the ****** colts because I live near Baltimore. FML

Sloopy
12-07-2011, 01:06 PM
I have the ****** colts because I live near Baltimore. FML

I'll trade houses with you for a day. You can watch NE programming and I'll watch the Ravens curb stomp the Colts

BeerBaron
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Another ****** Monday night game. Dandy.

I'm hoping tomorrow's game is on one of the local channels here. It usually is in the "home markets." I get Steelers games every ******* week, so this better be part of the damn home market.

yo123
12-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Has there been a worse Monday night matchup in recent memory? The Seahawks might not be terrible but they're sure as hell not interesting and the Rams would be the worst team in the league almost any other year.

asdf1223
12-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Both Sam Bradford and AJ Feeley may be injured. So it might be Tom Brandstater time. Awesome.

Raiderz4Life
12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Gtdamn...should I even tune in to the assraping that will be Oak @ GB?

V.I.P
12-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Jags Average 12.7 Points A Game

whatadai
12-07-2011, 04:59 PM

What are you talking about? We're gonna be 8-5.

i felt a little part of me die after posting that

ElectricEye
12-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Washington feels a bit like a trap game. Our offensive line has been playing like crap lately and they have the ability to exploit that. They're missing quite a few players, but our defense is still hold your breath stuff every week.

Jvig43
12-07-2011, 05:15 PM
This year has hands down been the worst ******* year for prime time games, easily.

Breed
12-07-2011, 05:17 PM

Carson Palmer will lead you guys to victory

Jags Average 12.7 Points A Game

I expect them to score at least 28 this week vs TB

Ness
12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Not as bad a week as I thought it would be. I hope the Rams beat the Seahawks on Monday Night. That would make me feel better about the 49ers going there in a couple of weeks. 49ers themselves will have a tough time against the Cardinals. I want it to be a blowout, but I think it's going to be another close game on the road. Difference is going to be turnovers and getting pressure on Kolb.

asdf1223
12-07-2011, 05:28 PM
According to CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco, "early speculation" around the NFL is that the 49ers will re-sign Alex Smith to a two- or three-year extension worth $8-11 million annually.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Difficult-to-imagine-Smith-elsewhere-nex?blockID=607678&feedID=5936

Bengalsrocket
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Cincinnati has gone from casually floating around the top of the AFC to must-win from here on out. Since we'll probably lose to the Ravens (unless they lay down their guns and rest their starters) we need to win the other 3.

Let's hope Texans defense doesn't absolutely destroy Dalton :(

49erNation85
12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Difficult-to-imagine-Smith-elsewhere-nex?blockID=607678&feedID=5936

God dam it. I understand he has taken off with our offense. But I was hoping we would move away his era and start fresh. But I guess the bonding between coach / QB is even more then I expected. If he stays they better open it up and allow him to pass for more then 30 times a game.However, that wouldn't even be our style.

Bucs_Rule
12-07-2011, 08:59 PM
God dam it. I understand he has taken off with our offense. But I was hoping we would move away his era and start fresh. But I guess the bonding between coach / QB is even more then I expected. If he stays they better open it up and allow him to pass for more then 30 times a game.However, that wouldn't even be our style.

Who else could the niners get? They won't be in position to draft an elite prospect. Taking someone with their late first round pick doens't make much sense when they drafted Kaepernick last year in the second. Free Agent QBs are rarely good.

Harbaugh hopes Kaepernick will be the QB of the future. He is very raw and will need time until he's ready. Even then most second rounders are busts.

Manning is about the only possibility. That's if he doesn't restructure to stay with Indy and if his neck isn't messed up.

phlysac
12-07-2011, 09:09 PM
10-2 and many "fans" still want Smith gone. "Throw it 30 times." Newsflash... Harbaugh has a POWER-RUNNING philosophy. If the team had a clearly "elite" QB, he would rarely throw it 30 times. But I digress.

Anyways, the pasted quote is a misquote. It says "will sign", Maiocco's article said "could sign."

The 49ers will not have make Smith among the highest-paid quarterbacks in the NFL. Early speculation around the league is that the 49ers could re-sign Smith to a two- or three-year contract for $8 million to $11 million annually.

Raiderz4Life
12-07-2011, 10:20 PM
2yrs for 8mil a pop ain't so bad. 2 years for kaep to develop and Smith can drive up his value a bit.

scottyboy
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
good to know the playoffs for the giants are starting week 14. win or go home

Philliez01
12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
10-2 and many "fans" still want Smith gone. "Throw it 30 times." Newsflash... Harbaugh has a POWER-RUNNING philosophy. If the team had a clearly "elite" QB, he would rarely throw it 30 times. But I digress.

Anyways, the pasted quote is a misquote. It says "will sign", Maiocco's article said "could sign."

Two more years of Alex Smith is certainly not bad. Especially after seeing Fitzpatrick's deal and other QB contracts. I'd actually say for a guy that isn't screwing up and looks to have progressed a bit, it's worth it.

holt_bruce81
12-07-2011, 10:38 PM
God the monday night game is going to be epic. Rams are averaging 11 points per game and an astonishing 8 points per game on the road. YES!!!!

TitanHope
12-07-2011, 10:42 PM
$8-$11 million a year for a game manager?

Yeesh. The Titans will have Hasselbeck and Locker on roster for cheaper.

Ness
12-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Who else could the niners get? They won't be in position to draft an elite prospect. Taking someone with their late first round pick doens't make much sense when they drafted Kaepernick last year in the second. Free Agent QBs are rarely good.

Harbaugh hopes Kaepernick will be the QB of the future. He is very raw and will need time until he's ready. Even then most second rounders are busts.

Manning is about the only possibility. That's if he doesn't restructure to stay with Indy and if his neck isn't messed up.

Couldn't have said it better myself. There really isn't any other options right now. We're 10-2 with Alex this season in Jim Harbaugh's first season with the team. I expect the 49ers to pass the ball a lot more next season as the team will have a full training camp in the offseason to get familiar with the system. Alex hasn't been that bad this year. He's not putting up video game numbers, but he's played pretty decent. Can he carry his team to wins? We'll see. He's done that against a couple of teams this season.

asdf1223
12-08-2011, 05:21 AM

Apologies for the misquote. The quote was from Rotoworld who seem to have added their own spin.

But if the Harbaugh was going to be a power running guy why the hell would you want to pay 8-11 million for a QB anyway? Much rather use that money to resign Carlos Rogers or Ahmad Brooks or Goldson. The team doesn't have glaring holes across the board either . They can certainly gamble and do a Julio like trade for a QB especially with how awful the NFC West is.

Ness
12-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Apologies for the misquote. The quote was from Rotoworld who seem to have added their own spin.

But if the Harbaugh was going to be a power running guy why the hell would you want to pay 8-11 million for a QB anyway? Much rather use that money to resign Carlos Rogers or Ahmad Brooks or Goldson. The team doesn't have glaring holes across the board either . They can certainly gamble and do a Julio like trade for a QB especially with how awful the NFC West is.
I think Harbaugh still realizes the importance of a quarterback to a team. He played on the Bears that usually didn't have good quarterback play, and then went to the Colts and probably saw much a good quarterback can make a difference. Especially in 1995 when he almost took the Colts to the Super Bowl. He's been around the league a while and even after his playing days and before he became a head coach, he was the quarterback coach for the Raiders and had some other stints.

I don't think he'd be satisfied with a game manager in the long run. He's had Alex pass the ball a lot more since I think the Giants game. Or maybe before that. Definitely a change from earlier in the season. Alex probably knows a lot more of the offense at this point and is willing to let him air it out and take a few more chances. Probably also getting him ready for the playoffs.

I don't like the idea of changing quarterbacks in one season though. Especially when Alex is playing pretty well.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 06:39 AM
I think it's a good move, finally has some stability, has improved out of site from the past and has, more importantly, shown steady improvement throughout the season as well. People were saying for years he just needed a decent coach and a stable environment, he finally has both and is really improving a lot this year.

Smith was a #1 overall pick for a reason, he was a very solid prospect. He still has that ability in him and maybe has found the mentor needed to actually release it. Smith has moved to slightly beyond a game manager for mine.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 07:02 AM
As long as it's a 2-3 year reasonable salary deal, I'd be in favor of it as a 49ers fan.

The fear I had for them was that he'd demand a Fitzpatrick-type deal or test the market. There are enough QB needy teams that he may have been able to find that from someone.

But 2-3 years at $8 million or so isn't as bad as it would be as a 6 year deal with a lot of guaranteed money too.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 07:05 AM
Fun Blaine Gabbert stats:

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5764

His stats from Week 13 looks decent, as the Missouri product completed 19-of-33 passes for 195 yards, 2 touchdowns and an interception. At a closer look, 16 of those passes went fewer than five yards downfield and his longest completion traveled just seven yards in the air.

Take away that long MJD catch and run on the shovel pass, and those stats are downright pathetic. (I mean, they're already pathetic, but you gotta throw in the "downright.")

These aren't typical rookie struggles. Christian Ponder is having those. But Ponder shows flashes that he could be a quality QB down the line.

Gabbert has shown precisely none of those flashes.

hockey619
12-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Fun Blaine Gabbert stats:

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5764

Take away that long MJD catch and run on the shovel pass, and those stats are downright pathetic. (I mean, they're already pathetic, but you gotta throw in the "downright.")

These aren't typical rookie struggles. Christian Ponder is having those. But Ponder shows flashes that he could be a quality QB down the line.

Gabbert has shown precisely none of those flashes.

said it in the predraft process, hes just not a good quarterback. He plays scared and being a huge p**** doesnt inspire your teammates. If we can see it, you better believe the guys lining up with him know it too.

imo, he was a 4th/5th round pick. some good tools but some really bad red flags too. i dont think sitting wouldve saved him though, courage cant be taught.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 09:59 AM
Gabbert was all hype. To an extent I've never seen with a prospect. So much of it just felt...manufactured. I really don't know how to explain it directly, but when the reasons for people drafting you have more to do with the agent you signed with, you have a major problem. That throw to ice the game against Iowa last year was still the single worst throw I've ever seen a potential first round quarterback make.

BradysKnee
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I remember analysts ripping Tennessee for selecting Locker over Gabbert lol. Also how Gene Smith was a genius for getting him there.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Gabbert is the epitome of drafting a QB based purely on physical tools. He's tall and has a strong arm. That is where the positives end and those alone are completely worthless.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Gabbert is the epitome of drafting a QB based purely on physical tools. He's tall and has a strong arm. That is where the positives end and those alone are completely worthless.

To be fair, he's "mobile" as well. Not that he uses that to his advantage. He might be better off if he wasn't, actually....

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 10:47 AM
We will never know now, but Jacksonville totally ****** this one up.

Gabbert was the least NFL ready of any of the QB prospects this year, not just the 1st round guys, all of them.

The reason people thought it was a great pick was because he wasn't going to see the field for at least a year behind Garrard and he has great physical tools, just needed some tweaks here and there and a lot of work mentally.

The Vikes did the same thing to Jackson who was basically a slightly worse version of Gabbert as a prospect(smaller, weaker arm, etc). If you draft a project QB you protect them, not feed them to the wolves. Heck, Jacksonville has not just thrown him to the wolves... they ripped his clothes off and chained him in the middle of the pack and then walked away.

I thought he was a solid prospect with as much upside as anyone in the draft but also not even remotely NFL ready(really he shouldn't have come out in the first place but that is neither here nor there) but his utter failure doesn't surprise me at all.

ShutDwn
12-08-2011, 10:59 AM
NBC tried really hard to flex the Broncos-Patriots game but CBS held on tight. The game they had scheduled is the Chargers-Ravens which isn't too bad so obviously they wanted to get in on the Tebow Magic.

Ness
12-08-2011, 01:07 PM
As long as it's a 2-3 year reasonable salary deal, I'd be in favor of it as a 49ers fan.

The fear I had for them was that he'd demand a Fitzpatrick-type deal or test the market. There are enough QB needy teams that he may have been able to find that from someone.

But 2-3 years at $8 million or so isn't as bad as it would be as a 6 year deal with a lot of guaranteed money too.

Smith is not going to want to test the market after finally finding a system and coach that seems to work with him.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Smith is not going to want to test the market after finally finding a system and coach that seems to work with him.

Because no player/agent has ever done anything stupid trying to get more money before.

It was (still is) a concern you should have.

Vox Populi
12-08-2011, 01:12 PM

If its only a 2-3 year contract with the 49ers that still leaves him with the ability to sign another pretty big contract later on as well. Its crazy that hes only 27.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 01:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/lance-briggs-will-be-pissed-if-he-loses-to-tebow/

Guys, I like the fire, but you do realize that our offense is going to score exactly 0 points right?

brat316
12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/lance-briggs-will-be-pissed-if-he-loses-to-tebow/

Guys, I like the fire, but you do realize that our offense is going to score exactly 0 points right?

Briggs via ESPN Chicago: “[Defending the option] isn’t rocket scientist . . . er . . . rocket science.”

Defense will score points

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Defense will score points

Gonna have to. Direct snaps to Hester is plan B.

49ersfan_87
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM

I'd be surprised if they traded up for a QB, regardless of what happens. Back on draft day Harbaugh and the GM actually made enquiries about trading up into the late 1st round to take Kaepernick. They didn't pull the trigger because they didn't want to get ripped off. They eventually pulled the trigger with Denver at pick 36, but because they were willing to take him higher they obviously had him graded as a 1st round QB. They also knew he would take a while to develop, which is why they spent all offseason publically and privately trying to get Alex to re-sign on a 1 year deal.

Re-signing Alex for a 2-3 year deal is great for the 49ers. Don't care about the dollar value, as long as it fits in the cap. Then depending on what happens, re-assess both Alex and Kaep and make a decision.

Ness
12-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Because no player/agent has ever done anything stupid trying to get more money before.

It was (still is) a concern you should have.

Alex isn't an idiot though. That's a key difference. And his case is unique. He's struggled for seven years. I doubt he wants to take his chances after finding success here. Especially when he's on a winning team.

At this point time I feel like it's not a concern. The 49es want him back and I'm sure Alex wants to be back.

PatrickWillis
12-08-2011, 02:41 PM

If the team had an elite QB, we wouldn't see the QB miss guys like Delanie Walker running wide open for a TD and check it down for 2 yards against a tough team like Baltimore.

We wouldn't see all the misfires vertically that we have seen. And we wouldn't see the QB cause 1/4 of the sacks by running into them.

PatrickWillis
12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Here's a good question....For you fans of other teams out there that have played the 49ers either this year, last year, or the year before....Have you ever seen Alex Smith make a backshoulder throw against you guys? Throw a receiver open(meaning he releases the ball before the receiver cuts to maximize the separation)? Have you seen any of that?

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 03:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/america-start-preparing-for-brandstater/

Who's ready for some Brandstater! Can't miss MNF TV, right?

I'll tell you this though. I bet he plays better than Blaine Gabbert.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I hate this "Love/Hate" segment on NFL Live. Barry knows his fantasy **** and quotes stats and trends....then one of the analysts just disagrees with no real reason.

He liked Carson Palmer this week because the Packers get up on teams so easily and are giving up the 7th most points to opposing QBs as the other team tries to catch up.

Teddy Bruschi just says "No, i don't like him in this matchup. Green Bay does well disguising coverages."

The ****? That's not an argument. That's not a retort. That's a ******* troll response.

DraftSavant
12-08-2011, 04:00 PM
It's E!spn. Everything is a troll response.

Skip Bayless can troll however much the **** he wants, though, because he always ends up being right, anyways.

Giantsfan1080
12-08-2011, 04:01 PM
I've been watching Steve Smith and Bayless go at it all week right before I go to work. I don't know who's worse.

asdf1223
12-08-2011, 04:10 PM
I think Harbaugh still realizes the importance of a quarterback to a team. He played on the Bears that usually didn't have good quarterback play, and then went to the Colts and probably saw much a good quarterback can make a difference. Especially in 1995 when he almost took the Colts to the Super Bowl. He's been around the league a while and even after his playing days and before he became a head coach, he was the quarterback coach for the Raiders and had some other stints.

I don't think he'd be satisfied with a game manager in the long run. He's had Alex pass the ball a lot more since I think the Giants game. Or maybe before that. Definitely a change from earlier in the season. Alex probably knows a lot more of the offense at this point and is willing to let him air it out and take a few more chances. Probably also getting him ready for the playoffs.

I don't like the idea of changing quarterbacks in one season though. Especially when Alex is playing pretty well.

My issue isnt with Alex Smith. It's just paying 8-10 million a year for the next 3 years when your offensive system is designed to have a QB throw for 200 yards and 2 TD's with high efficiency. It's just poor value when you could get someone else to do it for cheaper. And it's not as if you don;t have a plan for the future either. Alex or which ever vet is just going to keep the seat warm for Kapernick.

Also dont buy the continuity thing. If Alex Smith, a guy whose had a history of trouble learning new offensive systems can pick it up in a lockout shortened offseason, a vet QB can definitely pick it up and execute at the same level.

asdf1223
12-08-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824dc383/article/niners-reserve-ol-boone-gets-fouryear-extension

Alex Boone gets a 4 year extension. I know its kinda irrelevant but I am glad to see the Guy finally turn his life around. Dude had a serious problem with alcohol that caused him to drop heavily in the draft.

brat316
12-08-2011, 04:16 PM
49ers need to get a RB. Gore is going to get driven into the ground.

brat316
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
I liked it when Woody Paige was on 1st and 10.

PatrickWillis
12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
49ers need to get a RB. Gore is going to get driven into the ground.

They said that before the year. Gore has lost a step but is still pretty damn effective between the hashes....Not too many backs that have the vision and power inside that Franklin D Gore has.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 04:30 PM
They said that before the year. Gore has lost a step but is still pretty damn effective between the hashes....Not too many backs that have the vision and power inside that Franklin D Gore has.

He'll be 29 with almost 1600 carries. He could still be effective for a few more years but getting him a compliment to ease the load a little in such a heavy duty offense would be nice.

Hunter could be the guy to get some more touches in the future, but it could hurt to invest a mid-rounder in a bruising back too.

PatrickWillis
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
He'll be 29 with almost 1600 carries. He could still be effective for a few more years but getting him a compliment to ease the load a little in such a heavy duty offense would be nice.

Hunter could be the guy to get some more touches in the future, but it could hurt to invest a mid-rounder in a bruising back too.

I don't think Hunter is a starter. I think he's a guy who does some things for you on offense but he seems to me like a 12-15 touch per game kind of guy.

And I think Gore has 1 more year in him after this one.

Xonraider
12-08-2011, 06:02 PM
I really truly think I might not even watch this weekend.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Woah. The Browns are moving the ball vertically.

TitansCJftw
12-08-2011, 07:35 PM
wow browns made that look easy, oops not yet ;p

Hines
12-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Hahaha James Harrison is so ******* good.

gpngc
12-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Slow-developing running play that features our worst blocker on your best shedder.

Also, take your sweet ass time getting to the line, and do a short-motion so that the defense can pin their ears back and get a great jump off the ball.

FANTASTIC

Hines
12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
This Wallace-Haden matchup is going to be a good one.

Edit: The Browns are dumb for having Sheldon Brown on him.

Hines
12-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh Jerrico, you're so sexy.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Massaquoi got away with a PI and dropped an EASY touchdown.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:01 PM
I love when AB mimics Holmes' first down celebration. lol.

marshallb
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
How is that not a catch???

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
That was a catch....

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure how you cover these Steelers receivers when they spread you out like that. Just real tough to match up against.

marshallb
12-08-2011, 08:08 PM
I just don't get how anyone can watch all the replays of that in slow motion and think it wasn't a catch, but that's also far from the first time I've said that.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 08:09 PM
3rd and nine = back the safeties off like it's prevent defense?

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Ben is just playing with the Browns right now.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
******* Hines.

marshallb
12-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Why would you throw a screen to Ward instead of Wallace or Brown or Sanders in the first place?

gpngc
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Loyalty. Plain and simple. Cotchery is definitely better too...

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Why would you throw a screen to Ward instead of Wallace or Brown or Sanders in the first place?

Hines is 9 catches from 10K. That's why.

marshallb
12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Loyalty. Plain and simple. Cotchery is definitely better too...

It's just that those guys are the types of guys you throw a screen to, speedy shifty guys, Ward is ... basically the opposite of that.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Why would McCoy throw that ball with Polamalu around??

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Holy ******* **** with these goddamn ************* fumbles in the red zone.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:18 PM
I hope you enjoy turnovers.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 08:19 PM
hey, another turnover. Fumble! Interception! Fumble! Now this is how the Browns like to play football, haha.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, you don't see that one every day. Should have been obvious the Browns were going to run a draw there.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:25 PM
That was ******* pathetic.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:27 PM
It should be 21-3 right now...

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:32 PM
**** me....................

BradysKnee
That looked like it hurt.

keylime_5
They hurt Ben, good job Browns!

Complex
Come on browns don't turn the ball over and score some points. Do those 2 things that is all I ask of you.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
It should be 21-3 right now...

21-7 you mean

NotRickJames
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Told my buddy that looked bad, and sure enough....

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Big Ben is a friggan war horse, but that doesn't look good.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:35 PM
That's what happens when you don't throw the ball away when you need to, Ben.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:38 PM
McCoy needs to get that ball out quicker(or get it there quicker). Watson could well have caught that, but he made it more difficult for him by allowing the defender to come in on it.

ImBrotherCain
That's what happens when you don't throw the ball away when you need to, Ben.

Thats great kick a man when hes down.

J-Mike88
They hurt Ben, good job Browns!
I just turned it on and saw that.... DAMN.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:39 PM
If I'm a Steelers fan, I would worry about that being a piece of his leg too. Very high up the ankle.

J-Mike88
12-08-2011, 08:40 PM
That's why I b*tch at Rodgers when he takes sacks.... you have to avoid them whenever possible because on any one of them, that crap can happen.
Or worse even.

Forget the stats, completion percentage, and throw the ball away before the big goons pounce.

Complex
12-08-2011, 08:41 PM
What is the steelers record?

ImBrotherCain
12-08-2011, 08:43 PM
What is the steelers record?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Steelers+record+2011

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 08:44 PM
I like what the Browns have on defense. We need to figure out our offense by next season and we could be headed somewhere soon.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:44 PM
If I'm a Steelers fan, I would worry about that being a piece of his leg too. Very high up the ankle.

They said it was an ankle. Good thing they don't play for another 10 days.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
mayock's correct. pass pro cost us a TD - and then a FG on the next play.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Colt McCoy forgot he was Colt McCoy on that pass.

Hines
12-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I kind of want to see Hines Ward play at QB tonight.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 08:53 PM
The Browns are playing with a lot of energy on defense all of a sudden. They're delivering some really punishing hits.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
yeah, they have something on defense. the Steelers haven't figured out yet that if they run it every play they will get chunks of yards on the Browns. I'm honestly shocked that Mendenhall doesn't have like 15 carries by now. Bad gameplan.

gpngc
12-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Mendenhall's sucked all year. The Steelers offense revolves around Ben. If Cleveland can sustain ANY drives OR make a couple of plays on D or specials, they should win this game...

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Wow, seems like the Steelers dodged a bullet with Ben...

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Schaub, Cutler...possibly Ben?

Being the QB of a playoff hopeful is a precarious position it would seem.

rY0WxgSXdEE&ob=av3e

jrdrylie
12-08-2011, 09:04 PM
The guys on NFL Network are idiots. They said Byron Leftwich is a good QB. We all know that is false. They said Byron Leftwich was on the roster. No, he's on IR. They said Charlie Batch has been in Pittsburgh for 14 years. No, seven years. He's only been in the league for 11 total. These guys are getting paid a ton of money to know about football. Making those three mistakes in a span of 30 seconds is inexcusable.

Complex
12-08-2011, 09:05 PM
How long is he out? I have to do a stupid project so I can't watch.I need to know.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 09:06 PM
It's actually 9 years with the Steelers. He's been there forever it would seem. Reasonable backup.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Ben's X-Rays came out negative. It's probably an ankle sprain.

Oh my God, he might play.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Big Ben is made of something different than the rest of us are. Dude flat out doesn't get inured.

Complex
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
He will probably sit out against the 49ers don't want him to get hurt there plus they have a bye after that.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
What's with Pouncey having an ankle injury but keeps grabbing at his knee?

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Ben is ******* Superman.

BeerBaron
Big Ben is made of something different than the rest of us are. Dude flat out doesn't get inured.

Well, he does, he just doesn't feel it. The same stuff Steve McNair was made out of.

ElectricEye
Really think this is sort of dumb. You have enough to beat the Browns without him. Just because he can play doesn't mean he should.

wogitalia
Ankles are easier to play on immediately, next week will be the question when it swells up and becomes a pain in the ass.

That said... jabs are pretty awesome things.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:11 PM
This should be interesting... sure makes Cutler look pathetic #shotatalreadysufferingbearsfans :)

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Starting QB comes back in... power run, love how now they start it.

BeerBaron
Cutler did finish that game yanno...

Brent
I just tuned in, has the stadium PA been blaring in the audio for NFLN all night or is it just this stream?

marshallb
The Browns should be stuffing the line and blitzing hard every play. No reason not to.

jrdrylie
12-08-2011, 09:15 PM
It's actually 9 years with the Steelers. He's been there forever it would seem. Reasonable backup.

That's right. Two of the years he didn't play at all so it threw me off.

wogitalia
Cutler did finish that game yanno...

NFC Championship reference ;)

PA Announcer is fiercely loud.

ElectricEye
This is so dumb playing him, but impressive as **** that he's actually doing it. You could almost feel that.

wogitalia
Nice run Redman!

Brent
12-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I love these Steeler uniforms, fwiw.

Hines
I ******* hate Chris Kemoeatu. I can't wait until he's gone in the offseason.

wogitalia
This is some Tebow **** the way he is inspiring his team to win!

Come at me njx :)

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Big Ben is a beast. I can't believe he's out there where he can barely walk down the field.

Like I said earlier though - the Steelers are dumb to not just run it every down. If we can't stop Ricky Williams or anyone else then we can't stop Mendenhall. They were running at will until that holding killed the drive

wogitalia
Horrible drop

Hines
Big Ben is a beast. I can't believe he's out there where he can barely walk down the field.

Walk down the field? He can't even hand the ball off without looking like he's about to collapse.

Philliez01
12-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Roethlisberger has balls man, I don't need a police report to prove that.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I hate having to watch the car ads when streaming... just makes me dirty how expensive cars are in Australia!

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:22 PM
How is that not a false start?

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:25 PM
OMG commentators pointing out Polamalu blown coverages? What is this wizardry?

Brent
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
lol Farrior

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:26 PM
You are sooooooo stupid Farrior.

jrdrylie
12-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Colt has been pretty effective? They have 3 points! That isn't effective.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Well played Colt, a really nice throw and a nice bit of acting in back to back plays!

BradysKnee
Longer Ben is off the field the worse for him, ankles swell up so fast. It's going to get worse as the game goes on.

Brent
Colt has been pretty effective? They have 3 points! That isn't effective.
when they have to say that you've "only" thrown 1 INT, that's bad haha.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 09:32 PM
well the browns lead the league in drops, aren't great at pass pro, have no running game, have a first year HC, and are playing @Pittsburgh...plus he's a 2nd year pro. He's not been that bad, can't string a drive together yet.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:36 PM
Pretty sure this is the definition of winning ugly.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:39 PM
I ******* Hate Chris Kemoeatu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soybean
12-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I just turned on the game? Since when is byron leftwich on the steelers?

Hines
Mike ******* Wallace.

jrdrylie
That was a heck of a job by Wallace staying up there.

Edit: His knee went down. Still great play.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Bleh, that's coming back.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:44 PM
Wallace looks like the fastest man in the NFL in pads, he just looks awesome running.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Mike Mayock needs to get a bigger commentary gig. Dude is a beast.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:46 PM
What a hit.

soybean
12-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Chris Gocong! Pride opf the Phillipines!

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
That's a hit!

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Gocong turning on Donkey Kong mode!

TitansCJftw
12-08-2011, 09:48 PM
wow hell of a stand

Hines
Holy ****. That was so ******.

jrdrylie
ugh, really? mike mayock is an idiot.

Yeah, I really don't like him. He seems to state the obvious a lot.

I hate that play calling. Why not try one pass? Then again, you would expect Mendenhall to be able to pick that up.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Awesome stand there but why do you run the exact same play 4 times in a row?

Stash
Wow, what a defensive stand. Robbing me of fantasy points!

Hines
I am surprised Ben didn't petition to run a QB sneak.

yo123
12-08-2011, 09:50 PM
ugh, really? mike mayock is an idiot.

Really? I think he's one of the only color commentators that actually provides insight my mom couldn't.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 09:51 PM
PS... even though it failed, love that call by the Steelers.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm surprised that Redman wasn't in any of those goal line plays.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Greg Little with another drop. Jesus.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
All hail Greg Little, king of the drop....though that was a tough one to make with the DB nailing him.

jrdrylie
12-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Why id Brad Maynard still getting a paycheck in the NFL? He's terrible.

Stash
12-08-2011, 09:56 PM
What a punt lol.

ElectricEye
This is why we AFC North football.

keylime_5
Why id Brad Maynard still getting a paycheck in the NFL? He's terrible.

b/c our real punter went on IR in preseason.

Hines
12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm going to murder Kemoeatu by the end of the night. I'd cut him now. Put in Trai Essex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrdrylie
12-08-2011, 10:00 PM
b/c our real punter went on IR in preseason.

There are still much better options out there. He's steadily been getting worse for the four years.

keylime_5
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!that's the break we needed!

wogitalia
Kemeatu is just a machine!

keylime_5
There are still much better options out there. He's steadily been getting worse for the four years.

he's been okay this year for a replacement. lots of good punts inside the twenty but he has a shank or two per game. least of our problems.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 10:01 PM
NFL Network really love their DMX tonight!

Hines
12-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Holy ****, McCoy just got ******* killed.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 10:04 PM
probably a concussion on that one. would've been a fairly clean play if not for the headbutt.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Man I hate that rule...

Brodeur
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
probably a concussion on that one. would've been a fairly clean play if not for the headbutt.

Would have been a fairly clean play if not for the unclean part of it, sure.

ImBrotherCain
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Well I just want to say everyone saw a form tackle right there... Or at least in Harrison's world that is.

Learn not to lead with your ******* helmet. I was taught that in Pee Wee football

niel89
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Man I hate James Harrison.

Hines
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
I wonder how much Harrison will get fined for it.

wogitalia
The worst part on that is that basically that rule means Harrison has to wait to see if Colt takes one more step before being allowed to hit him, if McCoy takes one more step or doesn't jump pass at the last second that was a legal hit.

keylime_5
seneca has a better arm than colt

ElectricEye
Great throw by Seneca Wallace there.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 10:08 PM
colt looks misty eyed out there

Stash
That was a pretty nice throw...

ElectricEye
Holy balls, they just showed a close up of Colt. He looks ****** up. What in the world are they doing sending him back out there?

ImBrotherCain
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I wonder how much Harrison will get fined for it.

I am wondering when he is going to get suspended for a game... He is constantly fined for the same **** over and over again. Its only a matter of time before Goodell sits him down.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 10:09 PM
that didn't get to the los

Hines
12-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Willie ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElectricEye
McCoy should NOT have been out there. He looks three shades of ****** up. I don't see how you don't let him sit out at least a series, especially with Wallace delivering a nice throw. Clearly wasn't all there on that series and it costs the Browns.

BradysKnee
Shouldve kept Wallace in.

FuzzyGopher
12-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Colt McCoy. Not an NFL quarterback.

Stash
Nice pick.

keylime_5
Cleveland fans/media are gonna give Shurmur **** all week for taking Wallace out after throwing that dart.

ImBrotherCain
12-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Colt McCoy. Not an NFL quarterback.

I am glad that interception made you decide this... cause its not like the guy is ****** up from that hit.

FuzzyGopher
12-08-2011, 10:13 PM
I am glad that interception made you decide this... cause its not like the guy is ****** up from that hit.

Did you see that throw? JV quarterbacks don't pull the trigger on that one.

niel89
12-08-2011, 10:14 PM
speed kills.

Hines
Antonio ******* Brown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Such a ******* steal in the 6th round.

ElectricEye
Whoever was covering Brown just went full on McCourty.

yo123
12-08-2011, 10:15 PM

Or maybe his entire NFL career up to right now made him decide that.

keylime_5
well Haden, if you're gonna fall down might as well be in a game we're gonna lose anyway.

wogitalia
Game Over Man!

Bulldogs
12-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Colt McCoy looks like he's out of it on the side line. He just appears to be defeated.

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Colt shat himself then!

FuzzyGopher
12-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Or maybe his entire NFL career up to right now made him decide that.

No way, I always judge players based off of one play. It makes it easier to scout that way, less time intensive.

ElectricEye
Even before the injury, I'm not impressed with McCoy at all. Just doesn't have the velocity on his throw to get them where they need to be in time. Yeah, the personnel around him is bad....but I don't see anything more than a fringe starter, if that.

ImBrotherCain
Did you see that throw? JV quarterbacks don't pull the trigger on that one.

I don't disagree... I am just saying the dude looks like hes in lala land out there. He probably just tired to throw it to the guy in the middle.

BuckeyeDan17
12-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah, it's not just the one throw that allows you to come to the conclusion he isn't an NFL quarterback. It's every ******* game he plays.

So seriously, which 2012 quarterback prospect fits the AFC North the best. RG3, Mr. Barkley or Captain Luck?

Hines
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
That was such an ugly throw.

FuzzyGopher
12-08-2011, 10:22 PM
The dude better have some major head trauma to justify some of these throws.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
That ones coming back, but **** dude. At least Gabbert has nice hair...

niel89
12-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I hope that ankle injury lingers into the Steelers/49ers game. Any word on Pouncey? I haven't been paying close attention.

gpngc
12-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Put Seneca back in plz.

Hines
12-08-2011, 10:26 PM
Mayock dropping a Robert Morris line!!! I'm going there next year.

niel89
12-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Colt just looks awful out there right now. 2 balls that could have been easy picks.

ElectricEye
Holding penalty is going to negate that...but another ugly turnover.

Hines
That was a flaky call.

Stash
That is a WEAK call

wogitalia
12-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Really you are going to drag this game out on that call...

niel89
12-08-2011, 10:30 PM
I think Harrison is gonna get a 1 game suspension for that one. The hit individually doesn't deserve it but they just keep adding up.

ElectricEye
12-08-2011, 10:31 PM
The Browns should have won that game. Well, could have anyway.

Hines
12-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Colt McCoy pull a Vince Young.

keylime_5
12-08-2011, 10:32 PM
The Browns should have won that game. Well, could have anyway.

eh, if they left Wallace in then the game would've been completely different. Count on the Browns to squander oppurtunities by the bunches.

BuckeyeDan17
12-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Gotta wonder if we would have scored if Wallace at least finished that drive. Harrison almost took his whole head off. Colt being a little dweeb doesn't help him in taking hits from the elite LBs of the NFL.

BeerBaron
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Yeah, that hit is going to make Harrison a light lighter in the wallet. Possibly suspended a game. His history will ensure it.

And I think Colt is at his ceiling. He simply doesn't have the physical tools to compete against bigger, stronger, faster defenses of the NFL. Adding more weapons will do nothing to improve his arm or make him grow by a couple inches and 20 pounds. He doesn't even seem to have the "accuracy" he was always credited for as a prospect. Throwing bubble screens to Jordan Shipley doesn't quite translate to the NFL I'm afraid....

He's backupish material.

Sloopy
12-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Damn it Browns, why couldn't you take down the Steelers for me?

brat316
12-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, that hit is going to make Harrison a light lighter in the wallet. Possibly suspended a game. His history will ensure it.

And I think Colt is at his ceiling. He simply doesn't have the physical tools to compete against bigger, stronger, faster defenses of the NFL. Adding more weapons will do nothing to improve his arm or make him grow by a couple inches and 20 pounds. He doesn't even seem to have the "accuracy" he was always credited for as a prospect. Throwing bubble screens to Jordan Shipley doesn't quite translate to the NFL I'm afraid....

He's backupish material.

I was thinking the same thing, looks like a backup/stop gap, a Jeff Garcia clone. Browns need to draft a QB, and let both of them compete for starting job.

Also that Harrison hit should be like 7,500 type, he was well within the 1/2 step and aimed for the chest, even pulled up and didn't drive through. The Ben injury should be fine worthy as well, the knees man, you can't be diving around that area.

DAMNNNN you William GAAAAYyy, stop making plays to prolong your stay. You blow it more than you help, seriously 2nd interception all season. Well the team as a whole is doing bad in that area.

Brodeur
12-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing, looks like a backup/stop gap, a Jeff Garcia clone. Browns need to draft a QB, and let both of them compete for starting job.

Umm, Garcia was a very good QB in his prime.

Hines
12-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Mike Tomlin has to be the most badass coach in the NFL.

brat316
12-08-2011, 11:09 PM

Colt is building up his skillz.

PoopSandwich
12-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Shurmur strikes again.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 12:05 AM
DAMNNNN you William GAAAAYyy, stop making plays to prolong your stay. You blow it more than you help, seriously 2nd interception all season. Well the team as a whole is doing bad in that area.

He had one awful drop in the third as well. I think it was the third.

Also that Harrison hit should be like 7,500 type, he was well within the 1/2 step and aimed for the chest, even pulled up and didn't drive through. The Ben injury should be fine worthy as well, the knees man, you can't be diving around that area.

My problem with that is he was a half step from a perfectly legal hit, McCoy was a runner who at the absolute last second jump passes and pulls out of the run. Harrison is not some freak who can stop and that is the reason I detest this rule, the defensive players are expected to wait for the offensive player to do there thing and then just gently place them on the ground, or in this case, you can't commit to tackling a runner until they are already gaining yards on the ground.

It's a stupid rule. I don't mind protecting a QB in the pocket, but that should not be roughing the passer, ever in my book.

I can't wait for the team that starts to exploit this, just have your running back run into the gap and then jump throw it, anyone hits him and it's roughing the passer by rule and has to be called.

That hit was no different to Gocong's awesome goal line hit except for that at the very last second McCoy decided to try and throw it, if Mendenhall had done the same would we be talking a fine/suspension for Gocong?

Raiderz4Life
12-09-2011, 12:57 AM
http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n551/wrestlerj91/DIRTY-HIT-HARRISON.gif

fear the elf
12-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Looking at that gif, I think it's clear that Harrison lowered his head. I agree, there's no way he's not going to contact Colt in some way, but when you lower your head, you aren't trying to pull up and avoid contact.

niel89
12-09-2011, 01:32 AM
Pretty clear helmet to helmet. You're telling me that Harrison couldn't pull up at all after Colt throws this ball.

IfFW-Yezv0k

Miaoww
12-09-2011, 01:44 AM
He's going to get fined for that because he used the helmet as a weapon.

Ness
12-09-2011, 01:45 AM

Three time Pro Bowler. Garcia was good back in the day.

Ness
12-09-2011, 01:46 AM
Steelers don't play another game for 11 days. They'll definitely be rested coming to Candlestick for MNF.

niel89
12-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Steelers don't play another game for 11 days. They'll definitely be rested coming to Candlestick for MNF.

I'm really hoping PWillis gets rested also. Baltimore really needs SF to win that game. I can't wait for this game.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 02:13 AM
Pretty clear helmet to helmet. You're telling me that Harrison couldn't pull up at all after Colt throws this ball.

He did pull up, he didn't drive through him or carrying him to the ground.

The problem there is that Colt goes from runner to thrower, if that is a pump fake, then that would be a legal hit, if he doesn't throw it, legal hit. It is an impossible situation for a defender there. He either has to tip toe up to Colt and wait for him to make a decision or he has to commit to the tackle, he committed and then didn't follow through when he realised a pass had been made.

As I said earlier, I have no problem with punishing a hit like that when it happens in the pocket. My opinion though is that for the defenders sake you become a runner when you leave the pocket, regardless of if you choose to pass it, hell if that pass goes backwards then, it was a legal hit because Colt would just be a runner running an option play. That is how ridiculous the rules are. Protect the QB in the pocket, protect the game if they leave it.

That kind of rule just makes it an impossible scenario for a defender, Harrison has to attack McCoy there or he is a chump who isn't doing his job.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Three time Pro Bowler. Garcia was good back in the day.

Hey, give McCoy Jerry Rice and TO and he could probably look like a Pro Bowl guy as well!

McCoy is a game manager type QB with a bit of scrambling ability to extend plays. He is not a playmaker and his arm isn't strong enough to make big plays. He would be very solid if you gave him some consistent receiving threats that are able to make a few plays on their own and a solid running game. He has neither which exposes his weaknesses badly.

Just look at last year when they had a run game and how much better he looked in that situation.