PDA

View Full Version : Matt Flyn

RCAChainGang
03-26-2007, 08:22 PM
He never had a chance with the #1 pick in front of him. Hes perfect for college football. He a gutsy player and I dont mind Russel heading into the draft....... thoughts?

DChess
03-26-2007, 08:33 PM
he'll be alright nothing special, i wouldve really like to see what perriloux would of done, but i dont know if we'll ever see that

RCAChainGang
03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey he led us to a blowout against Miami last year who supposively had the best D. He also almost brought us back against Georgia last year also. Im a huge Matt Flyn fan so I hope he wins it over Periloux and gets his year to shine. I also looking forward to Periloux. Ive heard great things about him.

moc182
03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
With all that talent around him he doesn't really need to be special. He wont make mistakes and will always have them in a position to win.

BuddyCHRIST
03-26-2007, 10:58 PM
he fits LSU better than Russell did, he won't make as many jaw dropping plays but he'll be more effecient (and not in the numbers). One thing that LSU reallly struggled with was being able to move the ball consistently, and thats because Russell isn't good at just 3 step dropping and hitting a 5 yard pass on 3rd down so alot of drives stalled. I think he's the perfect guy for LSU as he can distribute the ball to all the talent.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-26-2007, 11:21 PM
He never had a chance with the #1 pick in front of him. Hes perfect for college football. He a gutsy player and I dont mind Russel heading into the draft....... thoughts?
I didnt know the draft already happened.

Javzz
03-26-2007, 11:24 PM
he'll be alright nothing special, i wouldve really like to see what perriloux would of done, but i dont know if we'll ever see that

If Matt Flynn is successful this season, RP'll be uncontested starter next year. the whole Federal Investigation stuff died down real quick.

locseti
03-27-2007, 01:19 AM

haha

is he still on the team? He's gotta be a 5th yr senior.

constant cough
03-27-2007, 12:13 PM
All he has to do is manage the game nothing more. LSU will rely more on the run this year with the loss of Bowe and Davis.

TigerBait45
03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
I think he and Perrilloux are perfect for Gary Crowton's offense. Lots of shotgun, lots of 4 receiver sets and great balance.

I think Flynn is a really underappreciated talent; he got overshadowed by Russell, understandably, but hes no slouch to say the least. From what I've seen of Flynn hes got a pretty big arm, hes smart and hes very mobile.

He should have a pretty solid year.

Komp
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
Perriloux was such a big recruit.....it's sort of crazy that he has barely set foot on the football field. I'd like to see him play before he gets a degree....

RCAChainGang
03-27-2007, 07:46 PM

Whatever, you know what I mean.

Matt Flyn is incredibly mobile. Hes good its just no one has seen it...

504 to ATL
04-05-2007, 03:33 AM
Matt is actually faster than Ryan. Ryan just has better awarness when tucking it and running with the ball.

Ryan is only a sophomore after all, two solid years ahead of him yet.