PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen not a fan of Detroit or New Orleans

Complex
12-09-2011, 12:16 AM
ďI donít like going to Detroit,Ē Allen told KFAN via MLive.com. ďIíll be honest, itís gloomy, it sucks. Everything is brown and then there is snow on the ground. Thereís like Brownstones everywhere and Iím like, ĎAwesome.í I donít know, I couldnít do it. If I had to live in Detroit, I think Iíd just drown myself in the river that was across the way.Ē

Detroit shouldnít feel too offended. It has good company on the list of cities that Allen doesnít enjoy.

ďIím not trying to be mean, but itís just depressing when I go there. Thereís two cities like I donít go out to eat or donít do anything. Itís Detroit and New Orleans. New Orleans looks like Iím driving through a third-world country every time I get off the plane, Iím like, ĎOh, flak jacket.í Iím trying to get down. Iím like, ĎAh, crap, I canít carry my gun here. This sucks.íĒ

Meanwhile, Allen has a goal for the rest of the season. He wants this Vikings team to avoid living in infamy.

ďOur goal right now is not to be the worst team in Vikings history,Ē Allen said. ďWe need to win two games Ė one win to tie it, two and two to beat it. Thatís our motivation.Ē

Interesting to say the least.

prock
12-09-2011, 12:30 AM
I love Jared Allen. He just doesn't give a ****. Plus those cities suck anyway.

yodabear
12-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I love Jared Allen. He just doesn't give a ****. Plus those cities suck anyway.

And he is just being honest man and u gotta love that about him. And then, blatently honest about not being the worst Viking team ever.

Raiderz4Life
12-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Jared Allen is quickly turning into one of my favorite players

Saints-Tigers
12-09-2011, 01:00 AM
He might not like it here, but he should visit New Orleans to come see the things that they don't have back in Minnesota. Like this:

http://footballhunger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/drew-brees-lombardi-trophy-super-bowl-xliv-1021813189cbfe81_large.jpg

Flyboy
12-09-2011, 01:01 AM
*shrugs* To each their own, I suppose. From my visit in NOLA, it was absolutely a wonderful place and I loved the city especially downtown. And NOT to eat in New Orleans is utterly ********.

Rob S
12-09-2011, 01:17 AM
NOLA isn't bad. It is an absolute blast and has the drinking, eating, partying down pat. It's just really ******* dangerous.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Some players should just keep their mouths shut.

Jared Allen is not one of those players!

I wasn't sure how to react when we first signed him but he is one of about 5 Vikings that I actually like and is basically the best reason alongside AD to support the team! If only our management was as awesome as him!

Saints-Tigers
12-09-2011, 02:20 AM
BTw, I love guys who talk and ruffle feathers like Allen, **** is sooo good.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 02:23 AM
I will add that NO is absolutely on my list of places to go.

Can confirm that Detroit absolutely is not. To be honest the only reason Minnesota is, is that I want to go to a Vikes game in the Metrodome but its more a FIFO situation as far as the city goes :)

ChiFan24
12-09-2011, 02:49 AM
Kinda seems like he's ripping on New Orleans for getting hit by Katrina, but you know what? **** New Orleans. What kind of ***** city gets hit by a hurricane named Katrina anyway?

gsorace
12-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Kinda seems like he's ripping on New Orleans for getting hit by Katrina

I think it had more to do with NO having the highest murder rate in the country.

prock
12-09-2011, 05:32 AM
He might not like it here, but he should visit New Orleans to come see the things that they don't have back in Minnesota. Like this:

http://footballhunger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/drew-brees-lombardi-trophy-super-bowl-xliv-1021813189cbfe81_large.jpg

xOL4PhnptoI

Thank a higher power.

DanZilla
12-09-2011, 05:33 AM
I think it had more to do with NO having the highest murder rate in the country.
Really? Never heard of NO being THAT bad...I always read that Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit were the worst.

J-Mike88
12-09-2011, 05:41 AM
I live in a Dallas suburb, and we have many folks around here who fled New Orleans because it was overrun with..... criminals.

It could have been (used to be) a gorgeous awesome, and safe city right there, but when you get overrun with..... criminals as they have, that changes everything.

Detroit even could be a nice city.
But it's the criminals, and the Dearborn cell, that make it horrible.

I have never had any respect for Allen before outside of the pass rush.
But now I do.

CJSchneider
12-09-2011, 05:44 AM
xOL4PhnptoI

Thank a higher power.

http://howtowatchsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/favre.jpg

...or a lesser one.

terribletowel39
12-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I live in a Dallas suburb, and we have many folks around here who fled New Orleans because it was overrun with..... criminals.
That isn't true. People fled to Dallas & Shreveport because of Katrina.
It could have been (used to be) a gorgeous awesome, and safe city right there, but when you get overrun with..... criminals as they have, that changes everything.
The reason your first statement isn't true is because this one isn't true either. New Orleans has always had an abundance of criminals. That really doesn't stop it from being a fantastic city to party in. There isn't a city in the country that parties like New Orleans. You just go in knowing that the crime is high. Take your chances.
Detroit even could be a nice city.
But it's the criminals, and the Dearborn cell, that make it horrible.

I have never had any respect for Allen before outside of the pass rush.
But now I do.
Detroit on the other hand, doesn't have really any good qualities. It is like NOLA without alcohol.

saintsfan912
12-09-2011, 07:20 AM
When you're as bad as the Viqueens are, it's pretty ridiculous to talk **** about a city. NOLA is awesome. Won't find better food in America. I'm glad that piece of **** doesn't want to come here, we don't want him in our state anyways.

Sloopy
12-09-2011, 07:46 AM
When you're as bad as the Viqueens are, it's pretty ridiculous to talk **** about a city. NOLA is awesome. Won't find better food in America. I'm glad that piece of **** doesn't want to come here, we don't want him in our state anyways.

not quite sure how his teams record equates to his ability to comment on his experience with a city.

All I see this translating to is that your butt hurt over his comments.

Don't worry about that piece of **** comming to your state, he hates it anyways :P

sorry I just found this amusing

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 07:57 AM
That video is embarrassing as a Vikings fan.

Though I did enjoy watching Favre get crushed, that still feels good!

A Perfect Score
12-09-2011, 07:58 AM
http://howtowatchsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/favre.jpg

...or a lesser one.

You bite your ancient tongue, BRETT FAVRE IS A GOD!

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 08:06 AM
You bite your ancient tongue, BRETT FAVRE IS A GOD!

The god of crocs!

ShutDwn
12-09-2011, 08:34 AM
not quite surehow his teams recird equates to his ability to comment on his experience with a city.

All I see this translating to is that your butt hurt over his comments.

Don't worry about that piece of **** comming to your state, he hates it anyways :P

sorry I just found this amusing

I've also noticed the fans from NO or Detroit fight back with football smack rather than talking about Minneapolis. As if Jared Allen is a reason the Vikings are where they are. Yea right, he's better than any defensive end on either team by miles and unless you paid a league high salary I don't think he'd come to either place from the looks of it.

Jared Allen probably likes Minnesota for the outdoors.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 08:49 AM
This is the response I'd get if I asked my mates over here if they wanted to go to each place... just for some perspective.

Detroit - Shithole where you are likely to die.
New Orleans - Hell yeah, lets go get ****** up at Mardi Gras on Bourbon Street, just not during hurricane season!
Minneapolis - That's up north somewhere or something and cold right?

CJSchneider
12-09-2011, 08:53 AM
I've also noticed the fans from NO or Detroit fight back with football smack rather than talking about Minneapolis.

That's because the city has NO character at all. Card-board is more interesting than Minneapolis.

General Zod
12-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Card-board is more interesting than Minneapolis.

We know you find Cardboard interesting CJ, when your playing BINGO!!

http://www.news.harvard.edu/gazette/2006/12.14/photos/15-elder3-450.jpg

CJSchneider
12-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Kirby Puckett died of boredom.

Yeah, I went there.

Jughead10
12-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Seriously, the guy has played in KC and Minny. Maybe he doesn't like New Orleans because there is too much temptation to get liquored up and drive his car around. Isn't he also from Idaho? That alone makes him not qualified to be talking about what is and isn't a desirable city/area.

wogitalia
12-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Seriously, the guy has played in KC and Minny. Maybe he doesn't like New Orleans because there is too much temptation to get liquored up and drive his car around.

On Snap! Was only a matter of time before someone went there!

Jughead10
12-09-2011, 09:27 AM
On Snap! Was only a matter of time before someone went there!

Well they do have drive thru margarita places. That could be dangerous with someone with the decision making skills of Jared Allen.

prock
12-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Kirby Puckett died of boredom.

Yeah, I went there.

I expect better from you. Let's not start ****-talking about legends.

Seriously, the guy has played in KC and Minny. Maybe he doesn't like New Orleans because there is too much temptation to get liquored up and drive his car around. Isn't he also from Idaho? That alone makes him not qualified to be talking about what is and isn't a desirable city/area.

Fair enough about drunk driving.

Have you ever been to Minneapolis? It's actually a really cool city, and definitely one of the more beautiful downtowns you will find in America. And no he isn't from Idaho, he is from northern Cali. He played football in Idaho. And I would rather live in Idaho than Detroit. And NOLA is a terrible city unless you are partying. That being said, I do want to go party there sometime.

Jughead10
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I just don't get why this guys needs to talk. And everyone thinks he's funny because he is like the lovable town idiot.

jrdrylie
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
New Orleans is very overrated. They have good food but outside of Bourbon Street, the rest of the city truly does look like a third world country. And the entire area around Bourbon Street smells like stale beer and vomit. The entire time you are in New Orleans you are either afraid of being shot or afraid of choking on your own vomit as you try to hold back from puking because of the vile smell.

CJSchneider
12-09-2011, 09:54 AM
It so happens I am headed there this weekend. I shall prove you all wrong.

prock
12-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Pics or don't come back.

Sloopy
12-09-2011, 10:01 AM
It so happens I am headed there this weekend. I shall prove you all wrong.

You have to bring me hot (not reheated) food from NO all the way to CT and a video diary in which you visit more then just bourbon st. :P

vidae
12-09-2011, 10:47 AM
Kansas City has the best BBQ in the country, so stop hating on KC!

As for Allen, he's funny, but some of you are taking this way too seriously.

Saints-Tigers
12-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Lmao, anyone that thinks Bourbon is the only appealing part of town is losing it. Hell, just near Bourbon, you can find quality streets in the french quarter.

Bourbon is awesome though.

I dunno, I live here, I guess when you don't live in ***** cities your whole life, you don't walk around with your tail between your legs.

vidae
12-09-2011, 11:03 AM

Exhibit A of people taking this way too seriously.

I dunno, I live here, I guess when you don't live in ***** cities your whole life, you don't walk around with your tail between your legs.

And exhibit B.

Does it really bother you that much that someone you don't know and will never meet dislikes your city?

News flash, there are a lot more people than Jared Allen who dislike New Orleans. Are you guys going to get upset every time someone says it?

CashmoneyDrew
12-09-2011, 11:16 AM
The only reason we're having this discussion is because Memphis doesn't have an NFL team.

;)

robert pancake gallery
12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
having never lived in either of those cities also, i think that I too can make a statement regarding how hard it is to live there...

seriously, i have heard things from the internet about how bad places like detroit and cleveland are, therefore it is justified for me to say how bad it sucks to live there, even though i don't actually live in either place

BRAVEHEART
12-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Looks like Mr.Allen isn't quite fond of predominately black cities...amirite?

Bulldogs
12-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Somebody had to pull the race card.

BRAVEHEART
12-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Somebody had to pull the race card.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/27/128775426274198875.jpg

vidae
12-09-2011, 11:31 AM

He played in Kansas City.

BRAVEHEART
12-09-2011, 11:44 AM
He played in Kansas City.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i329/Habanero89/Billy.gif

Complex
12-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Kansas City has black people?

Jughead10
12-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Kansas City has black people?

http://www.mjbsportsnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/Tamba-Hali.jpg

Saints-Tigers
12-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Exhibit A of people taking this way too seriously.

And exhibit B.

Does it really bother you that much that someone you don't know and will never meet dislikes your city?

News flash, there are a lot more people than Jared Allen who dislike New Orleans. Are you guys going to get upset every time someone says it?

No, I really don't care if he hates it, I just find it funny when people are so afraid of everything. I like Jared Allen a lot, and New Orleans isn't for everyone, for sure. I just think if you can't handle it, you're kinda bitchmade. No disrespect either, just think he had a soft norcal upbringing on a farm or something.

And wtf is this about not being able to have his gun here? lmao.

TheMatriculator
12-09-2011, 12:58 PM
I can't believe anyone would take Jared Allen seriously.
xyCHKonpl98

Sloopy
12-09-2011, 01:57 PM
I can't believe anyone would take Jared Allen seriously

Lol thats great

SolidGold
12-09-2011, 02:00 PM
xyCHKonpl98

Yea that is the best thing ever, he is great character for the league.

Sloopy
12-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Yea that is the best thing ever, he is great character for the league.

Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Why is everyone so up in arms against this guy, I'm kind of indifferent about him but I like that he has fun with stuff. It's nice to see a guy that hasn't gotten so caught up with being a superstar that he becomes a robot or full of himself.

vidae
12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I remember he did the same thing once while playing for the Chiefs, except he said "homeschooled, thanks mom!".. it was awesome.

yo123
12-09-2011, 02:35 PM
That's because the city has NO character at all. Card-board is more interesting than Minneapolis.

Have you ever even been there? Minneapolis is a great city, and I know plenty of people who don't live here that think the same.

Scotty D
12-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Jared Allen is a drunken moron.

yo123
12-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Jared Allen is a drunken moron.

That's an awesome drunken moron to you mister!

ChiFan24
12-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Every city is a piece of **** except for Chicago.

Especially Detroit.

Xonraider
12-09-2011, 10:55 PM
xyCHKonpl98

That is ******* awesome.

WMD
12-09-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't particularly like Jared Allen, but he seems like a fun guy and I like that he can speak his mind a little bit. I don't care if he doesn't like Detroit, there are plenty of people that have the same opinion as him.. and it doesn't really affect anything at all.

CJSchneider
12-10-2011, 05:33 AM
That's an awesome drunken moron to you mister!

I have been there. It was rather uneventful.

Can we rename this thread "Jared Allen is not a fan of victoriously hoisting the Lombardi Trophy."

http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/0208-brees-lombardi-trophy/7360415-2-eng-US/0208-brees-lombardi-trophy_full_600.jpg

SolidGold
12-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Wait, are you being sarcastic?

Why is everyone so up in arms against this guy, I'm kind of indifferent about him but I like that he has fun with stuff. It's nice to see a guy that hasn't gotten so caught up with being a superstar that he becomes a robot or full of himself.

no not at all...the dude is hilarious

BigBanger
12-11-2011, 03:17 AM
He's right. Both are shitholes. Both are among some of the worst cities in the US. New Orleans has caught up to Detroit's ****** reputation. NOPD was also the most corrupt PD in the US after Katrina hit. It's a war zone there and it's kinda lawless. Bunch of animals.

Baltimore (I seen about 11 white people there during the course of a 6 day stay, and they were all cops. I was flashed more gang signs than I knew what to do with. fucjing animals.), Oakland, Flint, Fullerton, DC and Miami-Dade County would round out some of the worst areas in the US IMO.

nepg
12-11-2011, 04:36 AM
No Camden, NJ, BB?

That is #1 by a mile.

Saints-Tigers
12-11-2011, 04:51 AM
He's right. Both are shitholes. Both are among some of the worst cities in the US. New Orleans has caught up to Detroit's ****** reputation. NOPD was also the most corrupt PD in the US after Katrina hit. It's a war zone there and it's kinda lawless. Bunch of animals.

Baltimore (I seen about 11 white people there during the course of a 6 day stay, and they were all cops. I was flashed more gang signs than I knew what to do with. fucjing animals.), Oakland, Flint, Fullerton, DC and Miami-Dade County would round out some of the worst areas in the US IMO.

Lmao wow, should we pull out the race card yet?

prock
12-11-2011, 04:54 AM

Don't forget Gary!

Ngatachance92
12-11-2011, 05:23 AM
We dont really have gangs in Baltimore, you sure it wasn't just a group of deaf people trying to communicate?

nepg
12-11-2011, 05:54 AM
Really? Never heard of NO being THAT bad...I always read that Baltimore, St. Louis, Detroit were the worst.
Yup. NO has been #1 for as long as I can remember. ******* dangerous city. As long as you stay in the French Quarter, there's only a 50% chance you'll get mugged or shot. Outside the tourist area? OH **** NO!

Not sure how high NO is on my list of places I'd like to go (back) to. I do like the zoo, though.

MI_Buckeye
12-11-2011, 07:46 AM
As a Metro Detroiter, I can tell you we have an outstanding music and arts scene, great local sports and terrific local communities. The downtown has tons to offer as well. If you just stay out of the East side, you will enjoy yourself.

Both NO and Detroit are a couple of the most ethnically and culturally diverse cities in the country with rich artistic and economic histories. NO is the only city in the South I can actually stand.

Give me Nawleans and the D over dull, sterile yuppie colonies like KC, Dallas, Minneapolis or a whole bunch of other "nice" cities.