PDA

View Full Version : Will the Browns draft a QB high in 2012?

JBCX
12-09-2011, 01:00 PM
After his rookie season, there was discussion that Colt McCoy might have been a steal in the 3rd round and the Browns might have their legit franchise QB.

But after seeing him struggle in his second year, some people are beginning to wonder if the Browns might just be a candidate to select one of the top QB prospects in the first round after Luck goes #1, be it Griffin, Barkley, Tannehill or Jones.

The Browns don't have a huge financial obligation to McCoy, as he was only a 3rd round pick. I personally think, after watching McCoy, that he is a limited QB with arm-strength deficiencies and will never develop into a top-10 NFL starter. It would be wise for the Browns to spend one of their two first round picks on a QB, and even trade up if necessary.

What do you guys think? Should the Browns go after a premiere QB prospect in the top-10, whether with their own pick or augmented with a trade-up package?

Shane P. Hallam
12-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Should they? Yes. Will they? I'm not really sure that they will. May opt for a Matt Flynn type instead.

JBCX
12-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Should they? Yes. Will they? I'm not really sure that they will. May opt for a Matt Flynn type instead.

Why not? You'd think that this year would be the prime year for the Browns to do so, because:

a.) they have *two* 1st round picks, which will enable them to pick a QB high and still get another player in the bottom of the 1st round

b.) there are multiple franchise QB prospects (Luck, Barkley, Griffin, Tannehill, Jones) available in the first round this year, unlike most other years.

PoopSandwich
12-09-2011, 01:11 PM
They better or our fan base is gonna be irate.

We've had terrible QB's for over a decade now.

robert pancake gallery
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
They better or our fan base is gonna be irate.

We've had terrible QB's for over a decade now.

you are forgetting jeff garcia, trent dilfer (super bowl champion), derek anderson (pro bowler), charlie frye and kelly holcomb... they have had some pretty decent qbs honestly, it's just been a matter of underperforming teams, similar to the eagles this year (and actually desean jackson reminds me a lot of dennis northcutt, so i think that analogy holds up pretty well)

PoopSandwich
12-09-2011, 01:17 PM
you are forgetting jeff garcia, trent dilfer (super bowl champion), derek anderson (pro bowler), charlie frye and kelly holcomb... they have had some pretty decent qbs honestly, it's just been a matter of underperforming teams, similar to the eagles this year

And you forgot Richard Bartel.

robert pancake gallery
12-09-2011, 01:20 PM
And you forgot Richard Bartel.

in bartel's case, he was in a learning phase in his time with the browns, buried on the depth chart and wouldn't have been ready to run the browns high-octane offense; it was probably better for him to be taken under mangini's wing to learn some of the nuances of the NFL offense before getting a lot of experience

keylime_5
12-09-2011, 01:24 PM
I think this year was Colt's audition (no matter how unfair considering there was no talent around him) and that since he's not really shown anything more than being a decent backup QB I think the Browns management is gonna address the QB position for sure. Remains to be seen if they try to trade/sign a young QB prospect from another team like Matt Flynn or whoever - or if they wait until draft day to solve that problem with a high pick or a draft-day trade. If they don't address it pre-draft then I suspect they would definitely take RGIII or Barkley if one of them is available. Holmgren seems like the kind of guy who would be high on Ryan Tannehill as well who could be had with their 2nd or 3rd pick.

Brown Leader
12-09-2011, 01:33 PM
you are forgetting jeff garcia, trent dilfer (super bowl champion), derek anderson (pro bowler), charlie frye and kelly holcomb... they have had some pretty decent qbs honestly, it's just been a matter of underperforming teams, similar to the eagles this year (and actually desean jackson reminds me a lot of dennis northcutt, so i think that analogy holds up pretty well)

Ahhhh.. no. Dilfer. Sucked. DA. Sucked. Frye. Sucked. Holcomb. Sucked. Garcia, Butch tried to fit him into his offense rather than the WC he was a pro bowler in, and he still was the best guy we've had in the last ten.

Jackson has more long speed than Dennis ever dreamed of. And Jackson doesn't drop clutch catches.

I think this year was Colt's audition (no matter how unfair considering there was no talent around him) and that since he's not really shown anything more than being a decent backup QB I think the Browns management is gonna address the QB position for sure. Remains to be seen if they try to trade/sign a young QB prospect from another team like Matt Flynn or whoever - or if they wait until draft day to solve that problem with a high pick or a draft-day trade. If they don't address it pre-draft then I suspect they would definitely take RGIII or Barkley if one of them is available. Holmgren seems like the kind of guy who would be high on Ryan Tannehill as well who could be had with their 2nd or 3rd pick.
Don't fool yourself, Tannehill will end up a first round pick.

DeathbyStat
12-09-2011, 01:34 PM
I don't think Colt is a long term solution, but he has no help.

Draft Trent Richardson and Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery with their two first round picks then see if Colt can get it done with some weapons

TACKLE
12-09-2011, 01:36 PM
they better....

robert pancake gallery
12-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Would I rather have McCoy than:

Tyler Thigpen - no
John Beck - no
Jake Locker - no
Colin Kaepernick - no
Matt Flynn - no
Jon Kitna - no
Mike Kafka - no
Vince Young - no
Luke McCown - wash
Matt Leinart - no
Tyler Palko - no
AJ Feeley - no
Charlie Whitehurst - no
Shaun Hill - no
Caleb Hanie - wash
John Skelton - no
Drew Stanton - no
Bruce Gradkowski - no
Charlie Batch - no
Dennis Dixon - no
Brady Quinn - probably not
Seneca Wallace - no
Ryan Mallett - no
Chris Redman - no
Kyle Boller - no
TJ Yates - no
Mark Brunell - lol, but no
Billy Volek - no
Terrelle Pryor - no
Kellen Clemens - no
Josh McCown - no
Richard Bartel - no
JP Losman - no
Chase Daniel - no
Jimmy Clausen - yes
Brian Hoyer - no
Dan Orlovsky - no
Max Hall - wash
Josh Johnson - no
Joe Webb - no
Ricky Stanzi - no
Tyrod Taylor - no
Sage Rosenfels - no
John Parker Wilson - no
Jeff Garcia - no
Dan Lefevour - no
Graham Harrell - no
Derek Anderson - no
Cleo Lemon - no

SolidGold
12-09-2011, 01:58 PM

I have to agree with this for the most part. The dropped passes might give McCoy some leeway though. Little has so many dropped passes, after that one he dropped last night I just had to laugh. How is this guy the number 1 receiver for a team? WR is the biggest need for them IMO. FWIW as of Dec 1st the Browns have 23 dropped passes.

Da-Phins
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Colt McCoy is their starting QB. Thats all you needed to know if they should take a QB in the 1st round or not.

RaiderNation
12-09-2011, 02:01 PM
It all depends on how many of the top QB prospects declare. If over 3 often do the Browns should land a top QB or potentially draft Tannehill later in the 1st. McCoy will stay though unless a team tries to trade for him.

Babylon
12-09-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't think Colt is a long term solution, but he has no help.

Draft Trent Richardson and Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery with their two first round picks then see if Colt can get it done with some weapons

I think you're right on both counts. Colt isnt the long term solution but his offensive skilled people are lousy if you ask me. The receivers are below average and the running game with Hillis's situation has been a cluster#### all year.

Holmgren doesnt like drafting underclassmen at the QB position so he probably stays with Colt for now and or bring in a Matt Flynn type, although you do that and you're giving up on McCoy.

The defense there has been good enough to win a lot of games this year so yeah they need a big time WR (or two). Not sure i'd take Trent Richardson for what ails them. I'd probably be more inclined to go with a Chris Polk a little later than their first pick.

keylime_5
12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Don't fool yourself, Tannehill will end up a first round pick.

I see the confusion. By our "2nd or 3rd pick" I mean our other first rounder we got from Atlanta and our 2nd round pick which will be top 40 pick most likely.

keylime_5
12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Would I rather have McCoy than:

Jake Locker - no
Colin Kaepernick - no
Matt Flynn - no
Jon Kitna - no
Mike Kafka - no
Vince Young - no
AJ Feeley - no
John Skelton - no
Charlie Batch - no
Dennis Dixon - no
Ryan Mallett - no
Chris Redman - no
Kyle Boller - no
Mark Brunell - lol, but no
Billy Volek - no
JP Losman - no
Brian Hoyer - no
Josh Johnson - no
Sage Rosenfels - no

wow I can see you don't like McCoy. He is gonna be a better player than most of those guys listed. Not a starter but a good backup, especially in our west coast sytstem. I cut your list of all the crappy ones I wouldn't take over McCoy - who is only in his second year and will develop into a good backup despite his physical limitations.

most non-afc north team fans see the browns maybe once a year. amazing how many people are going to draw conclusions entirely from the one game they saw him play against the Steelers.

ArkyRamsFan
12-09-2011, 02:30 PM
A rumor that has been circulating on some Rams boards has the Browns trading Joe Thomas straight up for Sam Bradford.

The Rams then use their first pick to select either Matt Barkley or RGIII.

As wild as this sounds it has a semblance of reality given several facts:

1.) It was reported that Holmgren tried to trade up to take Brads in the 2010 draft.

2.) This deal would reunite Sam with Pat Shurmer who was his OC last year when he won the OROY.

3.) Rams will in all likelihood have a new FO and HC after this season is over and there is a good chance they will want their own "guy" at QB.

At any rate this is pure speculation at this point but

...Stranger things have happened....

robert pancake gallery
12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
wow I can see you don't like McCoy. He is gonna be a better player than most of those guys listed. Not a starter but a good backup, especially in our west coast sytstem. I cut your list of all the crappy ones I wouldn't take over McCoy - who is only in his second year and will develop into a good backup despite his physical limitations.

most non-afc north team fans see the browns maybe once a year. amazing how many people are going to draw conclusions entirely from the one game they saw him play against the Steelers.

the problem with having mccoy as a backup is the same problem that the browns had when ken dorsey was their backup, which is that there exists a possibility that your starter gets injured and he actually has to run your offense and make passes

Saints-Tigers
12-09-2011, 02:34 PM
If the Rams pull that off, they'd be balling.

What do they do with Jason Smith? Could he ever function as a guard? Was never real high on him, but didn't expect him to be that bad.

keylime_5
12-09-2011, 02:51 PM
the problem with having mccoy as a backup is the same problem that the browns had when ken dorsey was their backup, which is that there exists a possibility that your starter gets injured and he actually has to run your offense and make passes

having to throw the ball into tight spaces and stretch the field with your arm is one thing. not a big deal if a backup QB can't do that in the west coast. Jeff Garcia never had a very good arm and he was able to start for a long time, he's very similar to McCoy in every aspect of the game. If the Browns have a better right side to their OLine, better receivers and a run game for a change then McCoy can move the ball and make plays. We don't have any of those things this season.

DeepThreat
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
A rumor that has been circulating on some Rams boards has the Browns trading Joe Thomas straight up for Sam Bradford.

The Rams then use their first pick to select either Matt Barkley or RGIII.

As wild as this sounds it has a semblance of reality given several facts:

1.) It was reported that Holmgren tried to trade up to take Brads in the 2010 draft.

2.) This deal would reunite Sam with Pat Shurmer who was his OC last year when he won the OROY.

3.) Rams will in all likelihood have a new FO and HC after this season is over and there is a good chance they will want their own "guy" at QB.

At any rate this is pure speculation at this point but

...Stranger things have happened....

Ignore the fact that the Browns just gave Thomas a 7-year extension with a huge signing bonus. This is the dumbest trade scenario I have ever heard.

As to the original thread, yes. I wouldn't be shocked if they went the Matt Flynn route, but it's obvious that Colt is not the answer.

vidae
12-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Ignore the fact that the Browns just gave Thomas a 7-year extension with a huge signing bonus. This is the dumbest trade scenario I have ever heard.

As to the original thread, yes. I wouldn't be shocked if they went the Matt Flynn route, but it's obvious that Colt is not the answer.

How would you know?! You've never even seen a Browns game!

robert pancake gallery
12-09-2011, 03:31 PM
having to throw the ball into tight spaces and stretch the field with your arm is one thing. not a big deal if a backup QB can't do that in the west coast. Jeff Garcia never had a very good arm and he was able to start for a long time, he's very similar to McCoy in every aspect of the game. If the Browns have a better right side to their OLine, better receivers and a run game for a change then McCoy can move the ball and make plays. We don't have any of those things this season.

to be fair that is a best-case scenario, and is a little insulting to what Jeff Garcia was able to accomplish; i'm not saying he has to have a great arm, only that he has to suck less... and yes, the browns offense sucks in general, in spite of McCoy, but I would much rather have Seneca Wallace available as a backup.

bigbluedefense
12-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Should they? Yes.

Will they? Probably not.

shylo3716
12-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Why not? You'd think that this year would be the prime year for the Browns to do so, because:

a.) they have *two* 1st round picks, which will enable them to pick a QB high and still get another player in the bottom of the 1st round

b.) there are multiple franchise QB prospects (Luck, Barkley, Griffin, Tannehill, Jones) available in the first round this year, unlike most other years.

I very much so agree! Why pass up on a QB when you have 2 picks in the 1st to play with versus trying to take 1 the following year.

dannyz
12-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I think they have to. The Browns are actually getting good players in the Draft and they can Win some games but they will never be anything unless they get a Franchise QB which Colt McCoy is not.

PoopSandwich
12-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Our defense is good enough to the point where we can upgrade a bit over free agency to improve our run defense. Our offense needs all the attention... Getting Steinbach back next year should prove to be big, we also need a true #1 WR, and a QB.

That being said, QB is the most pressing need by far.

nepg
12-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I see the confusion. By our "2nd or 3rd pick" I mean our other first rounder we got from Atlanta and our 2nd round pick which will be top 40 pick most likely.
If you are going to draft a QB in the first round, you don't pussyfoot it by using your second first round pick. You, as a Browns fan, should know this better than anyone.

This isn't a great year to draft a QB for the Browns with the idea that he will be the franchise QB. They're picking too low and there are only 3 guys worth dumping McCoy for...

They should keep their feelers out for a good prospect that they could develop, but first round is almost out of the question at this point. Unless they keep losing and are in position for Barkley or RG3, magically.

JBCX
12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
If you are going to draft a QB in the first round, you don't pussyfoot it by using your second first round pick. You, as a Browns fan, should know this better than anyone.

This isn't a great year to draft a QB for the Browns with the idea that he will be the franchise QB. They're picking too low and there are only 3 guys worth dumping McCoy for...

They should keep their feelers out for a good prospect that they could develop, but first round is almost out of the question at this point. Unless they keep losing and are in position for Barkley or RG3, magically.

They could easily be in position to draft Barkley or RGIII with the way they're playing and their current record.

In addition, due to all of the draft picks from the Julio Jones haul, they have more ammunition than just about anyone to trade up into the top-5.

I'd actually be shocked at this point if the Browns don't walk away with Matt Barkley, Andrew Luck, RGIII, or even Sam Bradford (trade w/ STL) on draft day.

Iamcanadian
12-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Very hard to predict what Holmgrem will do. He may well feel that McCoy needs a 3rd year to develop as his starter and if either RG111 or Barkley don't declare, it will mean an expensive trade up if they want the remaining QB.
Tannehill and Jones are far greater long shots to be successful NFL starters.
This is what happens when a franchise breaks the 'golden rule', never pass on a potential franchise QB if you don't have one. Cleveland could have an offense with Sanchez at QB and Julio Jones as his #1 WR. I still believe Sanchez will have a breakout year next season and so does Ryan, his HC.
Now, if they want to draft a QB, it could cost them a king's ransom for say RG111 or they could completely miss out and have to wait another year or another decade if it doesn't go well.

Rosebud
12-09-2011, 07:40 PM
If Kevin Kolb can be a starting QB in the NFL so can Colt McCoy...

Iamcanadian
12-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Yea, but neither have won much yet. so it remains an unanswered question.

Bucs_Rule
12-09-2011, 08:41 PM
They could easily be in position to draft Barkley or RGIII with the way they're playing and their current record.

In addition, due to all of the draft picks from the Julio Jones haul, they have more ammunition than just about anyone to trade up into the top-5.

I'd actually be shocked at this point if the Browns don't walk away with Matt Barkley, Andrew Luck, RGIII, or even Sam Bradford (trade w/ STL) on draft day.

Only Indy, St.Louis, Minnesota and Jacksonville have a worse record. Indy should take Luck, the other 3 won't take a QB.

Miami, Washington, Tampa, Carolina, Philly have 4 wins like Browns do, Browns have 1 more lose due to Thursday game. Only Washington and Miami are in market for one and Miami is surging.

If they keep losing they could end up drafting 5th, can't believe that Tampa could too. With no other team needing a QB ahead of them besides Indy.

A team could trade up past them, but trades in top 10 are very uncommon.

marks01234
12-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Frustrated Browns fan here.

If we can get Barkley, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I like Flynn - I would think a second rounder would get that deal done.

Either way, we need playmakers on offense. A true #1 WR and a workhouse running back could make Colt a decent option.

Flyboy
12-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Coming away with say.. Barkley or RGIII and then Michael Floyd in the first round for Cleveland would be tremendous. Larry Miller in the second round?

Boom. Roasted.

PoopSandwich
12-10-2011, 12:52 AM
I used to be a quarterback like Colt McCoy, then I took an arrow in the knee.

robert pancake gallery
12-10-2011, 01:04 AM
the browns probably regret not taking eric decker at this point

descendency
12-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Colt McCoy is the next Drew Brees... right guys?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL.

Ness
12-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Haven't watched many Browns games, but McCoy hasn't really impressed me up to this point. He's only in his second season and his team doesn't really have any playmakers last time I checked. Too bad they didn't get Julio Jones. That team seriously needs a playmaker other than Josh Cribbs.

Seeing as this upcoming draft is really having a lot of of buzz with quarterbacks like Luck, Barkley, Jones, Griffin III, it would stand to reason that the Browns draft a quarterback. Pat Shurmur isn't really obligated to McCoy, and he was a third round pick...so there shouldn't be any huge backlash from the organization to quickly decide to move on.

But really, that Browns team needs to get some playmakers on offense. Maybe even get someone a highly rated halfback if they could. Or receiver. Obviously is starts with quarterback, but at the same time with the guys on their roster even if you do take a quarterback I wouldn't expect any rookie to come in and work miracles with the players they currently have.

Might not even be a bad idea to give Terrell Owens a call.

PoopSandwich
12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
With how big this pool of receivers is going to be next year for free agency we need to get a stud out of that group and draft a QB with our top pick. That allows us to do whatever else with our second first and our early second rounder.

A Perfect Score
12-10-2011, 11:46 AM
An RGIII/Michael Floyd combo would look fairly pretty for the Browns come draft day. I mean I hope they continue to start Colt McCoy because I'm not sure he'll ever be able to beat the Ravens defense, but they have the ammunition to do a serious overhaul this offseason.

JBCX
12-10-2011, 12:20 PM
An RGIII/Michael Floyd combo would look fairly pretty for the Browns come draft day. I mean I hope they continue to start Colt McCoy because I'm not sure he'll ever be able to beat the Ravens defense, but they have the ammunition to do a serious overhaul this offseason.

There's nobody that's saying they need to cut Colt McCoy if they draft a QB.

Drafting a QB high would be a serious wake-up call for McCoy. It would tell him that his job as a QB is not guaranteed and would only push him to work harder.

At the very least, they would have a decent backup if they pick a QB high and McCoy doesn't pan out. If they *don't* pick a QB high, and McCoy doesn't pan out, then they're kind of screwed for a few years.

PoopSandwich
12-10-2011, 12:56 PM
There's nobody that's saying they need to cut Colt McCoy if they draft a QB.

Drafting a QB high would be a serious wake-up call for McCoy. It would tell him that his job as a QB is not guaranteed and would only push him to work harder.

At the very least, they would have a decent backup if they pick a QB high and McCoy doesn't pan out. If they *don't* pick a QB high, and McCoy doesn't pan out, then they're kind of screwed for a few years.

I don't think McCoy's work ethic is the problem I think it is that he is just not good.

Complex
12-10-2011, 01:15 PM
They should draft a QB next year not this year. Get some offense help and then draft a QB with your first round pick next(top 1-7 pick anyway). That way the rookie QB will have some weapons.

shylo3716
12-10-2011, 01:37 PM
They should draft a QB next year not this year. Get some offense help and then draft a QB with your first round pick next(top 1-7 pick anyway). That way the rookie QB will have some weapons.

Which possible QBs do you see in the first that's worthy in 2013? Scratch Barkley, RG3, Jones & even if Barkley comes back he will be the 1st QB off the board.

Halsey
12-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah, The Browns need to keep waiting to go after a QB. They can spend another 5 years building up their roster and then maybe draft a QB. They've been "building up their roster" for years now and have been irrelevant, mainly because they haven't had a franchise QB. Why change now?

kalbears13
12-10-2011, 02:10 PM
the browns probably regret not taking eric decker at this point

Yeah it might be nice having Brady Quinn throwing to him with Peyton Hillis pounding the rock...

The Browns should draft one high but I really hope Holmgren doesn't push Heckert to draft one later instead. The Browns should sell their draft for their franchise quarterback. If Colt McCoy does pan out then they have two good quarterbacks and Colt McCoy gets traded to another WCO. I can't believe anyone said the Browns have had good quarterbacks recently...

shylo3716
12-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Yeah, The Browns need to keep waiting to go after a QB. They can spend another 5 years building up their roster and then maybe draft a QB. They've been "building up their roster" for years now and have been irrelevant, mainly because they haven't had a franchise QB. Why change now?

At what cost are they putting themselves in position to come out the NFC North? Hmmmmm build-build-build until all the Elite guys from Pittsburgh & Baltimore hangs it up. In 10 years from now, the Browns will be very relevant.

kalbears13
12-10-2011, 02:13 PM
At what cost are they putting themselves in position to come out the NFC North? Hmmmmm build-build-build until all the Elite guys from Pittsburgh & Baltimore hangs it up. In 10 years from now, the Browns will be very relevant.

With franchises like Pittsburgh and Baltimore they might have down years but they're going to have guys step in and play. People have been saying for years that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are going to decline because they're getting older yet they're still the top two teams in the AFC.

shylo3716
12-10-2011, 02:18 PM
With franchises like Pittsburgh and Baltimore they might have down years but they're going to have guys step in and play. People have been saying for years that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are going to decline because they're getting older yet they're still the top two teams in the AFC.

Not to get off the topic on hand, but Cincy proved to me that the wind will take a turn in the next few years.

shylo3716
12-10-2011, 02:21 PM
If by any chance Richardson becomes your #1 selection, I can see a "Offensive Dynasty" in the making, but Tannehill should be the 2nd pick he could possibly have a season like Dalton.

nepg
12-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Frustrated Browns fan here.

If we can get Barkley, I'm all for it. Otherwise, I like Flynn - I would think a second rounder would get that deal done.

Pretty much. If they can't get Barkley or RG3, they are going to have to trade for someone's uber backup. That's where they're at. Not a terrible position, really.

They've can get a couple impact players in the first and trade their early 2nd for a solid QB like Flynn.

kalbears13
12-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Not to get off the topic on hand, but Cincy proved to me that the wind will take a turn in the next few years.

So far this year they've proved that they can go 7-5 with the 4th easiest schedule in the league and they lost to Pittsburgh twice and Baltimore once this year (They play Baltimore again week 17). I don't think that's proof that they will take a turn. This reminds me a lot of when Cleveland went 10-6 in 2007.

Bucs_Rule
12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
So far this year they've proved that they can go 7-5 with the 4th easiest schedule in the league and they lost to Pittsburgh twice and Baltimore once this year (They play Baltimore again week 17). I don't think that's proof that they will take a turn. This reminds me a lot of when Cleveland went 10-6 in 2007.

Last year Tampa went from 3-13 to 10-6. Had a very young promising QB. Just only 1 of those wins was against a winning team.

Now I don't think Tampa will stay down, just every season a team has great improvement and then wham they struggle again, like KC. You only show your a great team if you can consistently do well.

Bengalsrocket
12-10-2011, 08:28 PM

They've lost to Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Francisco & Denver. 3 of which (possibly 4) will be play off teams. And outside of that last game against Pittsburgh where we got destroyed, we were pretty competitive in every game.

They lost to Denver by 2, San Francisco by 5, Baltimore by 7 and the first Pittsburgh game by 7.

We beat the Browns twice, which is never easy considering they're division rivals. We beat the Bills while they were hot (undefeated at the time I believe). And we beat another 7-5 team in the Titans.

Certainly the Jags, Colts & Seahawks are a part of what makes our schedule so easy. But let's be realistic, the AFC North is still a really tough division, regardless of the rest of your opponents.

I guess my point is that while we are 7-5, it's still respectable because of our tough division, the schedule was a little more difficult than we expected and we played well in most of the games we lost.

BuckeyeDan17
12-11-2011, 02:30 PM
We need to. I'm sick of not being able to throw more than 15 yards down the field simply because McCoy doesn't have the ability to. He just doesn't. We need a potential "good" quarterback. We'll never go anywhere without one. The offensive line needs to be addressed before we add this playmakers. Richardson will have nowhere to run if we draft him, and RGIII, Barkley, or Tannehill will have no time to find anyone.

Trenches, trenches.

kalbears13
12-11-2011, 04:00 PM
We need to. I'm sick of not being able to throw more than 15 yards down the field simply because McCoy doesn't have the ability to. He just doesn't. We need a potential "good" quarterback. We'll never go anywhere without one. The offensive line needs to be addressed before we add this playmakers. Richardson will have nowhere to run if we draft him, and RGIII, Barkley, or Tannehill will have no time to find anyone.

Trenches, trenches.

I believe that the offensive line needs addressing but RG's and RT's can be found later.