PDA

View Full Version : Tony Sparano Fired

diabsoule
12-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Just reported by Jay Glazer: Dolphins have just fired Tony Sparano has their head coach.
https://twitter.com/#!/JayGlazer/status/146328599853666304

I think everyone saw this coming

vidae
12-12-2011, 02:43 PM
What an exciting day this has turned out to be!

Bucs147
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Come on Glazer boys, stop being cheap bastards and give Raheem the same treatment Sparano and Haley received.

BaLLiN
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
During the Eagles game they(the announcers) were saying that Sparano would stay because of his dedication and connection to the players. For some reason, I feel Cowher might land here, I have no reasoning at all though.

T-RICH49
12-12-2011, 02:55 PM
bad day to be a former Parcells assistant

H.O.O.D
12-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Cowher could land here yes...because of the Peterson connection. It will either be Cowher or Gruden either way a splash hire.

Iamcanadian
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
It is obvious that Miami's winning streak made it difficult to fire him, 1 loss and they moved quickly in case he started winning again. They had already made up their minds a long time ago.
Too bad, a simple case of a HC without a franchise QB, give him one and he might actually be a pretty good HC, hopefully, he gets a shot elsewhere.

Matthew Jones
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Good thing Miami gave him that extension in the offseason!

soybean
12-12-2011, 03:33 PM
I know people will claim how they knew and how the Dolphins were one of the bottom feeders going into the league.

But to be completely honest, Im fairly surprised by this.

I thought the late emergence of Matt Moore would have earned him another year.

If you look at their win loss record, we'll discount the Jets loss since it was Moore's first game...

They only lost by in 4 of their five losses they only lost by a combined 7 points. You can even argue they shouldve beaten the cowboys.

The loss yesterday really hurt them but they played great defense for 3/4 quarters. They just got roasted in the 2nd quarter.

CC.SD
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Where's the norv Turner announcement...seriously are wins against the Jags and Bills going to make the organization forget, I'll flip my ****.

TACKLE
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Where's the norv Turner announcement...seriously are wins against the Jags and Bills going to make the organization forget, I'll flip my ****.

we'll do our best to help you out on sunday night.

MidwayMonster31
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
At least the Phins didn't quit on him. He should be getting plenty of calls after the season.

PoopSandwich
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM

Probably when they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

Da-Phins
12-12-2011, 04:02 PM
I know people will claim how they knew and how the Dolphins were one of the bottom feeders going into the league.

But to be completely honest, Im fairly surprised by this.

I thought the late emergence of Matt Moore would have earned him another year.

If you look at their win loss record, we'll discount the Jets loss since it was Moore's first game...

They only lost by in 4 of their five losses they only lost by a combined 7 points. You can even argue they shouldve beaten the cowboys.

The loss yesterday really hurt them but they played great defense for 3/4 quarters. They just got roasted in the 2nd quarter.

Dolphins record under Sparano against winning teams is somewhere around 7-25. I like Sparano as a person but it's time for a change. He will find a job very soon. May not as a HC but any team would be lucky to have him as an assistant coach.

BeerBaron
12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I like how this is getting about 1/10 the attention of the Haley firing...I guess this one was no real surprise.

BTW:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/11/demarco-murray-has-a-fractured-ankle/

Stephen Ross doesn't want much, does he?

"Ross said he wanted to find a “young Don Shula” and that firing Sparano was largely made now to give the team a head start on finding that coach. Ross’ description indicated the team wanted a young coach. He said he wanted a coach with experience that had been “in the trenches” and had knowledge of offense and defense."

Good luck finding that.

Da-Phins
12-14-2011, 09:43 AM
I like how this is getting about 1/10 the attention of the Haley firing...I guess this one was no real surprise.

BTW:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/11/demarco-murray-has-a-fractured-ankle/

Stephen Ross doesn't want much, does he?

"Ross said he wanted to find a “young Don Shula” and that firing Sparano was largely made now to give the team a head start on finding that coach. Ross’ description indicated the team wanted a young coach. He said he wanted a coach with experience that had been “in the trenches” and had knowledge of offense and defense."

Good luck finding that.

Its because the Dolphins are a nobody and boring this year. And the fact that everyone knows Sparano was gonna end up being fired anyway at some point.

And doesnt every owner want a "young Don Shula"? Dont get the problem with him saying that. Not really pointing that at you but more so at PFT for trying to turn that around as something negative.

Vox Populi
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't understand why they didn't just let him finish out the season, I guess they want RG3 or Barkley.

TimmG6376
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Because even Don Shula wasn't a "young Don Shula" when he was hired. He was a 33 year old assistant that some thought was too young to be a HC.

mellojello
12-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Dolphins record under Sparano against winning teams is somewhere around 7-25. I like Sparano as a person but it's time for a change. He will find a job very soon. May not as a HC but any team would be lucky to have him as an assistant coach.Agreed with everything Soybean posted, I was pretty surprised too, but I'm looking from the outside in. Good to get a dolphin fan's perspective on it. This team seems like one of those teams that could "turn it around" very quickly, which is what makes the NFL great. Bush looks great too and I'm pulling for the guy going forward.