PDA

View Full Version : Aside from Rodgers, who would YOU vote for MVP?

J-Mike88
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Heard some good discussion about this today talking about Eli.

Eli Manning has SIX 4th quarter comebacks this season. We have 7 wins. So basically, the only times we've won this whole season were when Eli had the ball at the end of the game.

Think about that for a second. He's basically carried us this entire season. Our defense has been that awful.

Who gets your vote if you remove Rodgers out, as he's considered a slam-dunk for the award.

You all know the cases that can be made for each (some good cases, some great, some not so good) ... but who gets your vote among these?

Pat Sims 90
12-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Peyton Manning

Scotty D
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
Peyton Manning

All the Manning talk makes me sick. Not sure if you are serious but I find this opinion ridiculous. Probably Brees or Brady if not Arod.

comahan
12-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Not that hed be the choice, but I think Arian Foster should get some consideration. In 10 games and a quarter of an 11th, he's been the main driving force behind the Texans offense staying afloat with Andre and Schaub out, and has racked up very impressive stats in doing so. 957 Yds, 8 Td, 45 Catches, 543 Yds, 2 Td

Id probably pick Brees, though.

Nalej
12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Only one team has ever gave up an avg of over 400 ypg. They went 0-16.
Pats are on pace to be the 2nd and they're 10-3. No thanks to the D
who gave up game winning drives to the Bills and Giants after Brady got them the lead

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 05:38 PM
who gave up game winning drives to the Bills and Giants after Brady got them the lead

To be fair Eli always scores on game winning drives if he gets the play last. It's making sure that he gets the ball last with a chance to win it, that's the problem for these giants.

Nalej
12-12-2011, 05:41 PM
A pass interference on the one yard line sure helps too

descendency
12-12-2011, 05:44 PM

The Patriots should just burn all 31 jerseys. Never again should anyone wear that jersey.

edit: How did Rob Gronkowski get on there but not Wes Welker?

bored of education
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Eli is in the picture.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 05:45 PM

*shrug* he's overcome enough penalties on late game drives that the ones that go in his favor aren't skewing the perceptions about his play.

Nalej
12-12-2011, 05:49 PM
I wasnt trying to discredit him. He's elite. You dont need to be elite when youre on the one though. Thats all.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
I wasnt trying to discredit him. He's elite. You dont need to be elite when youre on the one though. Thats all.

With Kevin Killdrive calling the plays, sometimes you do...

J-Mike88
12-12-2011, 05:54 PM
The Patriots should just burn all 31 jerseys. Never again should anyone wear that jersey.

edit: How did Rob Gronkowski get on there but not Wes Welker?
The 16 or 17 touchdowns did the trick for me, which is the most TD's anyone has scored this year in the NFL, RB, WR, or TE. And the fact that in 13 games, he's broken the all-time TE record for TD catches in a season.

The guy is the toughest cover in football.
I hate the guy! Why didn't I draft him.....

niel89
12-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Its either Brady or Brees. The award really is pretty much a QB contest now. A RB/WR/TE/Any defensive player would have to have an all time great season to even compete.

My non-QB homer vote goes to Ray Rice. The guy lead the league in yards from scrimmage with 1,622 yards. His running and receiving keeps the Raven offense alive and he is really coming on with 593 yards in his last 4 games.

J-Mike88
12-12-2011, 05:59 PM
A) It's either Brady or Brees. The award really is pretty much a QB contest now. A RB/WR/TE/Any defensive player would have to have an all time great season to even compete.

B) My non-QB homer vote goes to Ray Rice. The guy lead the league in yards from scrimmage with 1,622 yards. His running and receiving keeps the Raven offense alive and he is really coming on with 593 yards in his last 4 games.
A) good point. Even Jerry Rice never won it, I believe.... maybe once.
B) good call on Ray Rice. Coincidentally I traded him for Adrian Peterson 4 games ago, so since I got banged on that trade, I blocked Rice from my memory apparently. Too much pain.

RaiderNation
12-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Rodgers would get my 1st place vote, but after him it's a toss up between Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Arian Foster and Tim Tebow. If I had to vote now I guess I would go with Eli, but only if they get into the playoffs....

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Rodgers would get my 1st place vote, but after him it's a toss up between Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Arian Foster and Tim Tebow. If I had to vote now I guess I would go with Eli, but only if they get into the playoffs....

Really? I think it's gotta be Tom Brady. Gronk, Hernandez and Welker are great and all, but that OL's mediocre, the outside receivers are mediocre the RB's are unspectacular and the D is absolute horse ****. These pats remind me of Jay Cutler's Broncos. One of the best offense in the league with one of the worst defenses the league's ever seen. Except Brady has his Pats at 10-3 when Cutler's Broncos never surpassed 8-8. Now BB is better than Shannahan by a lot, but what Brady's doing orchestrating the whole thing on the field is astounding.

I mean Brees and Eli have both been phenomenal as well, but they just aren't doing as much with as little as Brees' D is the best of the bunch and Eli's not winning quite as much as Tom even though he has the head to head win.

The Dynasty
12-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd go with Brees, He is probably going to smash Dan Marino's passing yards record and he has 32 touchdowns compared to 11 INT's

Not taking anything away from Terrell Suggs because he is having a great year and his team is 10-3 but Jared Allen should have been up there on the list regardless of the vikings being 2-11. He is having a career year. 17.5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and 1 INT and a safety.

vidae
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
I like Eli here. He has really improved and has carried the team on his back this year. I don't even know where they'd be without him being so damn clutch.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I like Eli here. He has really improved and has carried the team on his back this year. I don't even know where they'd be without him being so damn clutch.

Pretty much where the Pats would be if Brady weren't such a stud...trailing the colts by a couple of games in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.

J-Mike88
12-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Pretty much where the Pats would be if Brady weren't such a stud...trailing the colts by a couple of games in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes.
Brady & Brees stats are so similar.... they both carry their teams.
The Saints do have better RBs though.
The Patriots have better receivers (including 2 great TE's).

Eli is in the discussion for sure.

Sloopy
12-13-2011, 06:23 AM
I went with T-sizzle out of complete homerism :)

Less homer like would be Ray Rice.

If I had to make a real choice? Brady

killxswitch
12-13-2011, 10:01 AM
I can't bring myself to vote for Brady after talking about how great he is in the other thread. Gross. I'll say this: the Pats defense is terrible and yet they're still going to get a top playoff seed in the AFC.

There is some delicious irony here in that it appears the Pats have become the early/mid 00's Colts. Ha ha ha.

Jughead10
12-13-2011, 10:08 AM
There is some delicious irony here in that it appears the Pats have become the early/mid 00's Colts. Ha ha ha.

Partly because Polian's bitching about the rules allows them to beat teams 35-28 all the time.

killxswitch
12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Partly because Polian's bitching about the rules allows them to beat teams 35-28 all the time.

Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you. Hopefully once he retires the Colts and the league as a whole will recover quickly.

Trogdor
12-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Other - Ray Rice.

If it were a team award I would say the Bronco's defense.

AntoinCD
12-13-2011, 10:18 AM
As a complete homer here I'm going to go for Devin McCourty. Sure he gets beat a lot and in general is playing like hot flaming ****, but he was good last year. Does that count???

bantx
12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Jared Allen is having a hell of a year
Ray Rice is my savior
Drew Brees

Jughead10
12-13-2011, 11:52 AM

To be fair both the Packers and Giants aren't far behind in terms of crappy defense. The Packers just have a ridiculous amount of INTs to their credit.

Jvig43
12-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I can't bring myself to vote for Brady after talking about how great he is in the other thread. Gross. I'll say this: the Pats defense is terrible and yet they're still going to get a top playoff seed in the AFC.

Yeah that couldn't be any more true. Although at least the Colts could rush the QB back in those days. Our defense isn't good at anything. It really sucks knowing we'll go one and done in the playoffs, and then people will obviously bring up the whole "while Brady hasn't won a playoff game in blah blah blah".

StickSkills
12-13-2011, 12:00 PM
I voted for Gronk

killxswitch
12-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Yeah that couldn't be any more true. Although at least the Colts could rush the QB back in those days. Our defense isn't good at anything. It really sucks knowing we'll go one and done in the playoffs, and then people will obviously bring up the whole "while Brady hasn't won a playoff game in blah blah blah".

Tom Brady chokes in the playoffs!

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/3b556fcf-eadf-4efa-9ebb-89a68745e622.jpg

Jvig43
12-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Tom Brady chokes in the playoffs!

It sucks to be on the receiving end of this argument now. Although to a lesser extent because of his past success ;)

robert pancake gallery
12-13-2011, 12:17 PM
tim tebow or eric decker

Flyboy
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Drew Brees. I still think he should have won it in 2009, but I'll take a Super Bowl MVP any day.

J-Mike88
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Drew Brees. I still think he should have won it in 2009, but I'll take a Super Bowl MVP any day.
Manning has proven he's worth about 12 wins a year by himself.
But Brees certainly could have gotten it.

This year, Brees & Brady are so close... they're like machines.
I'm tired of both guys as I have neither in either of my leagues.

COVER Gronkowski and Graham please!

Rosebud
12-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Brady & Brees stats are so similar.... they both carry their teams.
The Saints do have better RBs though.
The Patriots have better receivers (including 2 great TE's).

Eli is in the discussion for sure.

The Pats may have better TEs and Wes Welker but their outside guys are mediocre and the defense is atrocious. Brees has good receivers inside and out, a strong running game and a good defense. yes Gronk, Welker and Hernandez are studs, but that's all Tom really has to work with.

J-Mike88
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
The Pats may have better TEs and Wes Welker but their outside guys are mediocre and the defense is atrocious. Brees has good receivers inside and out, a strong running game and a good defense. yes Gronk, Welker and Hernandez are studs, but that's all Tom really has to work with.
Colston is just decent, and he's his #1 WR. Plus Colston has missed some games I think.
I'd rather have Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, and the other receivers for NE than I would Brees cast. But Brees has Sproles on 3rd downs, which is huge.

Again, all in all, it's pretty even I would say, as are their stats.

I thought Brees was too short to be a franchise QB coming out of Purdue?
And Brady was only worthy of a potential career backup coming out of Michigan?
Neither had an Elway cannon, Brees was too short, Brady too tall and slow?

LOL @ the scouts.
These guys are great, all-time greats.

Flyboy
12-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Gronk
Welker
Hernandez

vs.

Graham
Colston
Sproles (or Moore let's say)?

Hmmm.

Rosebud
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Gronk
Welker
Hernandez

vs.

Graham
Colston
Sproles (or Moore let's say)?

Hmmm.

That's not my point though, Yeah Brady has a good troika but beyond that troika he's got poop on his side, no defense, no outside guys. Brees 3 best options aren't as good, but he's got more good options including a much better defense and strong running game. Just the fact that you can have a question about who's the third guy with solid options there makes that point for me. There's no one else on the Pats I consider a good weapon for Brady to throw to.

diabsoule
12-15-2011, 09:29 AM
It's a hard choice between Brady, Brees, and Eli. There is a logical argument to be made for all of them. How could would the Pats be without Brady? Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallet at QB might could get it done a la Cassel. Without Brees, the Saints would have Chase Daniel at the helm and in all likelihood their offense would come to a halt. Eli has the comebacks like BBD eluded to which has been absolute paramount to their success.

All in all, though, I have to side with Brees because without him the Saints definitely wouldn't be 9-3, wouldn't be competing for the #2 spot in the NFC, and likely would be picking in the top 10 at least.

jsagan77
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Other - Ray Rice.

If it were a team award I would say the Bronco's defense.

Ray Rice is a good pick, but Bronco's D is severely overrated.

They were respectable against a Miami team that is basically awful on offense, got torched by the Lions, held down a terrible KC team, stopped the Jets who have offensive issues, stifled San Diego's offense while they were funking, gave up 32 and a crap ton of yards to Christan Ponder, and held the Bears down who have no Jay Cutler or Mr. 50% of their Offense Matt Forte...

They've done their job, but are very inconsistent and not as lights out as what people have led on.

J-Mike88
12-15-2011, 07:13 PM
brent and shylo, with the homer votes for frank the truth gore!
i knew someone would take the bait!

cmarq83
12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
It's a hard choice between Brady, Brees, and Eli. There is a logical argument to be made for all of them. How could would the Pats be without Brady? Brian Hoyer or Ryan Mallet at QB might could get it done a la Cassel. Without Brees, the Saints would have Chase Daniel at the helm and in all likelihood their offense would come to a halt. Eli has the comebacks like BBD eluded to which has been absolute paramount to their success.

All in all, though, I have to side with Brees because without him the Saints definitely wouldn't be 9-3, wouldn't be competing for the #2 spot in the NFC, and likely would be picking in the top 10 at least.

I don't really think we can make a definitive decision on which of the 3 QB's is a better backup because none of them have started a game before. There is some evidence to suggest that Hoyer and Mallett are better, but who really knows at this point?

Also it's impossible to discount just how bad the Patriots defense is. They're 1-2 in games where they've scored less than 30 points, and in their only win Brady had to lead them on a game winning drive because the defense crumbled again.

Not to say that I don't think Brees has a legitimate claim which he certainly does, but 100% of what you said about Brees applies to Brady as well.

XxXdragonXxX
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
You all need to stop acting like it wouldn't be Tebow.

Rosebud
12-16-2011, 07:00 PM

The saints would still have a defense, a running game, a lot of different weapons and a solid OL. The Pats have Gronk, Welker and Hernandez to offer a QB hoping to replace Brady. Brees is great, but this season I think Tom is clearly working with less, at least from where I'm sitting.

RCAChainGang
12-17-2011, 05:58 AM
I voted Manning just being a homer, but in all seriousness if he got any votes I would be upset. It is the most valuable player. Manning hasn't played at all he has just been coaching.

I would go with Gronk. He has been an absolute monster and when I've seen Tom Brady getting flushed Gronk is his safety valve. Because I despise the Patriots, I can't say he is a joy to watch, but having him on my fantasy team helps me appreciate the inevitable. The dude is incredible.

J-Mike88
12-17-2011, 06:22 AM
I would go with Gronk. He has been an absolute monster and when I've seen Tom Brady getting flushed Gronk is his safety valve. Because I despise the Patriots, I can't say he is a joy to watch, but having him on my fantasy team helps me appreciate the inevitable. The dude is incredible.
Agree with everything there! Except I do NOT have him on my fantasy team so he is the opposite of a joy to watch. I am SICK of that guy so much....

49erNation85
12-17-2011, 06:43 PM
It would be a clear cut if Tebow gets a super bowl win and hes get the MVP but he has get Denver there first .

J-Mike88
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
I think you guys got this vote right for sure!
After today, I'm pretty sure Brees will get plenty of 1st place votes.

J-Mike88
12-19-2011, 10:02 AM
This thing is not over now, after yesterday's Packer stinker, and Brees carving up the hapless, pathetic Vikings in another dome show for him.

TWO big weeks left, and here's Rodgers' problems:

Number 1, he's missing his BEST guy in Jennings. I don't care what some people say, that is a HUGE loss.
Number 2, his 2 remaining games are in crappy ice cold weather where the frozen hard ball is harder to throw than it is in Sept-Oct, or in a dome, harder to grip and catch. And we already see how many drops these receivers have when it's as cold as 50 degrees.
Number 3, his opponents are the Bears, who are Kryptonite to him. And the Lions, who will be pissed off.
Number 4, GB's O-line is in shambles right now.
Number 5, McCarthy might rest him, and/or try and keep him alive while waiting/hoping Bulaga can come back and Clifton too.....this team is missing their best 3 OTs now, with Newhouse getting abused more than anyone in the league.
Number 6, both of Brees remaining games are at home, in the friendly confines of that dome. He might rack up 8-9 more touchdowns to go along with shattering Marino's yardage record and leading the Saints to the 2nd best record in the NFL. Being a Super Bowl champion and MVP helps his chances.

Now if Brady keeps his schit up too, and his last 2 games are: vs crappy Miami, and vs crappy Buffalo, he will get plenty of votes too. Voters love that guy because he has 3 rings.

It's gone from a landslide, to a wide-open race. Remember there is a lot of east-coast bias in the media.

SuperPacker
12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Personally after seeing Rodgers getting beat up in KC and us losing i wouldnt let Rodgers take another snap!

J-Mike88
12-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Personally after seeing Rodgers getting beat up in KC and us losing i wouldnt let Rodgers take another snap!
That's a radical idea, but think about this for a second:
Wouldn't he get all rusty taking the next 2 weeks off, plus a 3rd week of the bye?

But remember he didn't do any of those personal off-season workouts like Romo and Brees did, yet Rodgers came out of the gates with phenomenal stuff, no rust, etc.

I'll buy what you're selling and say I'd maybe be okay with Rodgers playing just the first quarters, then letting Flynn and Harrell get playing time.

Now back to the MVP vote:
Both Bayless and (biased) Mangini just said Brady gets their vote for MVP right now, this morning.

Non-Saints and Non-Patriots fans, who deserves it more, Brady or Brees?

Ness
12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Rodgers still gets the MVP. People like to live in the moment. Rodgers has been dominating for the entire season and had his team unbeaten up until yesterday. I'd say Brees is close, and maybe he snatches it when it's all said and done because of his record setting statistics, but I'd still give the edge to Rodgers at the moment. Tom Brady would probably be third.

AntoinCD
12-19-2011, 02:04 PM
That's a radical idea, but think about this for a second:
Wouldn't he get all rusty taking the next 2 weeks off, plus a 3rd week of the bye?

But remember he didn't do any of those personal off-season workouts like Romo and Brees did, yet Rodgers came out of the gates with phenomenal stuff, no rust, etc.

I'll buy what you're selling and say I'd maybe be okay with Rodgers playing just the first quarters, then letting Flynn and Harrell get playing time.

Now back to the MVP vote:
Both Bayless and (biased) Mangini just said Brady gets their vote for MVP right now, this morning.

Non-Saints and Non-Patriots fans, who deserves it more, Brady or Brees?

I still gotta go Brady based on the excuse for a defense he's playing with but Drew Brees is going to shatter Marino's record. He has a great chance at breaking it with a game in hand but it's not just the yards. He has a 3.5:1 TD/INT ratio. Anything over three is pretty damn good.

Jvig43
12-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Eh It's hard to argue against Brees right now. I'd say after Rodgers it'd go Brees and then Brady. Hopefully Brady can put up some monster numbers against Miami and then make up for his last game in Buffalo by murdering them as well.

MetSox17
12-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Tony Romo should at least get some votes.

Jvig43
12-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Tony Romo should at least get some votes.

I like you alot as a poster, so I really hope youre tolling with this.

georgiafan
12-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Stafford should in the top 5 atleast

TimmG6376
12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Stafford should in the top 5 atleast

Seems a bit reactionary. Weren't people commenting on how inconsistent he's been after the Thanksgiving game? Sure he just had an excellent game vs Oakland, but MVP?

Jvig43
12-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Alex Smith

M.O.T.H.
12-19-2011, 04:16 PM
I like you alot as a poster, so I really hope youre tolling with this.

Why does he have to be trolling?

Romo is carrying this team. 18:2 Ints in the last 7 games ; 20:3 in the last 9.

All while having some piss poor pass blocking and a slew of injuries to his offensive weapons. Romo is having a legit MVP season in most years...it just so happens that there are a bunch of QBs having huge seasons as well.

Romo has performed at an elite level this season.

J-Mike88
12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Agod
Breesus
Brady
Romo
Stafford
Big Ben
Eli

The Packers and Saints played the same NFC teams (Rams, Giants, NFC South, NFC North).

Rodgers is 10-0 vs. the NFC.

Brees is 7-3.

Saints-Tigers
12-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Brees about to shatter the yards record, break his own completion percentage record, and go over 40 TDs. Number 1 in catches on team= TE and backup RB.

cmarq83
12-19-2011, 07:16 PM

All while having some piss poor pass blocking and a slew of injuries to his offensive weapons. Romo is having a legit MVP season in most years...it just so happens that there are a bunch of QBs having huge seasons as well.

In a QB crop like the one this year, he shouldn't get any votes. He's played hot recently, but he made some terrible decisions earlier in the season that costed the Cowboys some games.

Ness
12-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Alex Smith

Yeah I wish.

*shakes head*

M.O.T.H.
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
In a QB crop like the one this year, he shouldn't get any votes. He's played hot recently, but he made some terrible decisions earlier in the season that costed the Cowboys some games.

Meh...his numbers are right there, and there is no denying that he really has put the offense on his back. Since those "terrible decisions", he's been exceptional. It's not like I would give him a vote over Rodgers, Brady, or Brees either, but after that, he's right there.

I was more responding to JVig saying Metsox may have been trolling...a lot of people are failing to realize just how good a season Romo is actually having. And the guy continues to put the team in a position to win or bring them back late, after our defense has its weekly collapse.

If guys like Staffford and Eli are deserving of stray votes, Romo certainly is as well.

J-Mike88
12-19-2011, 09:16 PM
...people are failing to realize just how good a season Romo is actually having. And the guy continues to put the team in a position to win or bring them back late, after our defense has its weekly collapse...
I think Romo should be right there for the 4th place vote..... close with Stafford.

Here's the thing about Romo and the Cowboys right now, this year:
We all remember the epic collapses to the Jets and the Lions, and THIS MONTH to Arizona and the Giants. Those are like a closer blowing a 9th inning lead, almost.

But the Cowboys were better in those games, except the endings...... had they not blown those, they'd be 12-2 right now...... remember they also won at San Francisco.

I think they're a lot better team than most people think.
But as Galloway, Radio boy, Mosely, Ian, Hitzges, and others here and abroad say, if it's close late, do you trust Romo, or do you expect him to **** the bed at the end?

That's the thing...... they and he are going to be fun to watch Saturday and next week.

georgiafan
12-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Seems a bit reactionary. Weren't people commenting on how inconsistent he's been after the Thanksgiving game? Sure he just had an excellent game vs Oakland, but MVP?

If you look at his stats combined with what all he has done for the team then you could make a case. This is assuming that the lions make the playoffs. He has over 4,000 yards, 33 TD, and 63% no way the lions are a playoff team without him.

CJSchneider
12-20-2011, 08:09 AM
http://www.austinpost.org/files/articles/Drew-Brees.jpg

...and it aint even close.

descendency
12-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Eh It's hard to argue against Brees right now. I'd say after Rodgers it'd go Brees and then Brady. Hopefully Brady can put up some monster numbers against Miami and then make up for his last game in Buffalo by murdering them as well.

Brady has thrown more "meaningful" yards and TDs, because his defense has basically forced him to play until the final drive. Tom Brady's team is 11-3 without any semblance of a defense and a barely average run game despite having a very good OL and a very good set of TEs as well as a set of WRs that do a very good job blocking. Defenses know the Patriots are going to have to throw it and they still manage 250+ yards passing every game (and 300+ most games).

Brees has put up gaudy numbers, but a lot of them were after the Saints had a significant lead.

All I am saying is that I have a feeling that the voting will be close and the winner will win by a very small margin. I'd say less than 5 votes. You can make 3 legitimate cases for 3 QBs and maybe another one for someone else this season.

Jvig43
12-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Numbers are important, but no one is over looking (non cowboy fans) how costly those few interceptions were for his team. Romo should not be getting any votes right now because we already have three QBs who are far and away MUCH more deserving of it, QBs who are going to get their team into the playoffs and win their respective divisions. Not to say he hasn't played well but seriously I'd vote for Calvin, Welker, Smith, or Gronkowski before I voted for Romo. I'm also a pats homer tho.

tjsunstein
12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Can't go wrong with Brees or Brady, but I gave the edge to #9.

TimmG6376
12-20-2011, 11:17 AM
If you look at his stats combined with what all he has done for the team then you could make a case. This is assuming that the lions make the playoffs. He has over 4,000 yards, 33 TD, and 63% no way the lions are a playoff team without him.

But some would argue that he isn't even the MVP on the Lions. Megatron was gaining momentum for NFL MVP at one point. I just don't see how the Lions are good enough to have two MVP candidates.

BloodBrother
12-21-2011, 04:20 AM
In the end, it will be be

Rodgers
Brees
Brady

as far as voting goes IMO