PDA

View Full Version : Comp picks are official

Smooth Criminal
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
We got the first comp pick of the 4th and 5th round. Pick 33 in the 4th round and 33 in the 5th round.

Not bad. We get so options to trade around with by gaining these two picks.

Hines
03-26-2007, 10:16 PM
it was rumored that the randle el pick could move to a fourth rounder

mikehop05
03-26-2007, 10:40 PM
well its about as close to a 4th as u can get

Smooth Criminal
03-27-2007, 09:24 AM
it was rumored that the randle el pick could move to a fourth rounder

Not sure how comp picks work but when the NFL announces them I don't think they can change.

PittPete
03-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Last year, I suggested that we trade some of our mid or late round picks for picks this year because we had so few roster spots. We wound up cutting most draft picks and getting nothing. Again I think we have more picks than we need and I am for trading later draft picks for better ones next year. Of course you cant trade the comp picks but they could be used in lieu of our later round draft choices.

DeathbyStat
03-27-2007, 11:48 AM
We need to get better with the quality of our second day draft picks

brat316
03-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Chris Hope is the 4th round choice damn i thought we could get that one 3rd round pick they give out

Smooth Criminal
03-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Chris Hope is the 4th round choice damn i thought we could get that one 3rd round pick they give out

They give out more than 1 3rd rounder. It just happened that there was only one last year. I think there was 3 or 4 this year for Edge, Julian Peterson and Drew Brees. I think there is one more but I'm not sure.

Smooth Criminal
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Last year, I suggested that we trade some of our mid or late round picks for picks this year because we had so few roster spots. We wound up cutting most draft picks and getting nothing. Again I think we have more picks than we need and I am for trading later draft picks for better ones next year. Of course you cant trade the comp picks but they could be used in lieu of our later round draft choices.

That was an idea last year since we knew the team was going to be close to the same but this time around Tomlin could be making alot of changes on defense so we may need more of these picks than you would think.

skarocksoi
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
They give out more than 1 3rd rounder. It just happened that there was only one last year. I think there was 3 or 4 this year for Edge, Julian Peterson and Drew Brees. I think there is one more but I'm not sure.

I didn't watch too many Seahawks games, but I didn't really hear enough about Peterson to think he deserved a 3rd rounder. Hope might not of deserved one either, but I definitely dont think Peterson ranks up there with the other two guys you listed.

mikehop05
03-27-2007, 09:34 PM
I didn't watch too many Seahawks games, but I didn't really hear enough about Peterson to think he deserved a 3rd rounder. Hope might not of deserved one either, but I definitely dont think Peterson ranks up there with the other two guys you listed.

he was from san fran, but he was actually pretty nasty, and signed a fat contract

and i think sad fran got a 3rd for losing andre carter

brat316
03-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah the last year in San Fran he did okay, and then went crazy in Seattle

PittPete
03-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Other than Harrison replacing porter, all our defensive starters are returning, wo what changes are you referring to? tomlin indicated yesterday that he is sold on the 3-4 and will keep it so no changes there. Also he expressed optimism that Ike Taylor has some upside and should produce. No backup safety positions are open, corner probably could use some depth as well as linebacker. I figure the most new players that could make the team are; 1 corner 2linebackers and 1de total. Most likely it will be 3 total on defense.

skarocksoi
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
I'd agree with that. 3-4 guys on D, then 3-4 on O. We need some guys with potential on the O-line, and could take some guys to help out on offense. We need to think about future replacements for some of our older guys.

terribletowel39
03-28-2007, 11:51 AM
it was ona subscribed site but supposedly kreider is on the downside and wearing down and our running backs coach is in utter man love with McClain. don't know how true that is but take it for what it is worth.