PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell will be fired if Colts go winless

Complex
12-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Two years after being within two games of an undefeated regular season, the Colts are within three games of a winless season. And if the Colts complete the feat, coach Jim Caldwell reportedly will be fired.

Per Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, sources close to the situation have said that “unequivocally” an 0-16 finish will cost Caldwell his job.

I hope they beat someone except this week against the titans. I want Caldwell to be with the colts next season.

http://thesarcasm.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/cluelessjim.jpg

Sloopy
12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Not that he wasn't a bad HC but this really all shouldn't fall on his shoulders and somehow skip the Polians

soybean
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
HAHAHA that has to be a joke right? one or two wins at the end of the season is going to save him a job?

CashmoneyDrew
12-14-2011, 11:36 PM
I remember when there was a hypothetical poll before the season about what the Colts' record would be if Manning missed this season. Quite a few people thought it was a joke to suggest they would go winless. Anybody got a link to that poll? I'm way too awesome and lazy to search for it.

hawkeye123
12-14-2011, 11:38 PM
I remember when there was a hypothetical poll before the season about what the Colts' record would be if Manning missed this season. Quite a few people thought it was a joke to suggest they would go winless. Anybody got a link to that poll? I'm way too awesome and lazy to search for it.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48433&highlight=colts

nepg
12-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Caldwell needs to go, imo. That's a cush job for any of the big HC candidates.

vidae
12-15-2011, 01:59 AM

I said less than four. I rule!

nepg
12-15-2011, 02:13 AM
They're like the Spurs without David Robinson... They are the worst team in the NFL without Manning. Quite easily.

Not even sure if I'm really all that satisfied with how correct this was, how correct it is, and how correct it ever will be.

That one was for Brodeur.

Nikolas
12-15-2011, 03:22 AM
I picked 4-5, obviously I was smoking crack that day.

Ness
12-15-2011, 03:43 AM
He should be fired regardless. He's supposedly just a figurehead for the franchise. The Colts need a coach, not a babysitter.

jrdrylie
12-15-2011, 08:07 AM
I don't care if they win the last three games, Caldwell should be fired. The Polians should be fired. And a lot of those players just need to be cut because obviously they have no business playing in the NFL.

BeerBaron
12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Caldwell is a terrible, emotionless, robotic android head coach built by Polian-tech to follow precise orders and let Peyton Manning run the show. Not having Manning this season registered as a "does not compute."

Clean the entire house Jim Irsay. One or two meaningless late season wins shouldn't save anyone in that organization. It's a poorly built team based around one player and a horrifically flawed system.

killxswitch
12-15-2011, 08:30 AM
My predictions from that old thread are looking pretty spot on right now. Sadly.

Wining one or two games shouldn't and won't keep Caldwell from getting fired. Mark my words, and I've been saying this for months, after Caldwell gets fired Bill Polian will retire, taking most of the criticism with him. His son will inherit the #1 pick in the draft, which means the best QB prospect in years, and will be seen as the savior of the franchise. Which will be ridiculous. But at least it will mean BillPo is gone.

BeerBaron
12-15-2011, 08:36 AM
My predictions from that old thread are looking pretty spot on right now. Sadly.

Wining one or two games shouldn't and won't keep Caldwell from getting fired. Mark my words, and I've been saying this for months, after Caldwell gets fired Bill Polian will retire, taking most of the criticism with him. His son will inherit the #1 pick in the draft, which means the best QB prospect in years, and will be seen as the savior of the franchise. Which will be ridiculous. But at least it will mean BillPo is gone.

I just want him off the competition committee mostly. I'd care significantly less if he didn't have that role.

Hopefully they don't change the rules for him...that'd be some BS. Right now, if you're not active, you can't vote. Jeff Fisher is still on it, but in a non-voting role.

I just want him and his pansy ass finesse influence away from the league decision makers.

jth1331
12-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Oh some of the Colts homers in that poll prediction thread who thought their team would still be awesome without Manning.
One or two were originally stating the Colts would start out 3-3 and Manning would come back and finish out 7-3, get the Colts 10 wins and in the playoffs again.

cmarq83
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
I just want him off the competition committee mostly. I'd care significantly less if he didn't have that role.

Hopefully they don't change the rules for him...that'd be some BS. Right now, if you're not active, you can't vote. Jeff Fisher is still on it, but in a non-voting role.

I just want him and his pansy ass finesse influence away from the league decision makers.

I'm just worried about the rules he's going to enact next year on the competition committee. It's going to be something like, if you lose your starting QB who makes over $18,000,000 a year, CB's need to play your receivers with a 12 yard cushion, and you're only allowed to pass rush 2.

jth1331
12-15-2011, 10:47 AM
You know, it'd be hilarious if the Colts won the last 3 remaining games and both the Rams and Vikings didn't win another game so the Colts didn't get Luck, Caldwell stays, Polian stays and they are free to take Trent Richardson with the #3 pick.

CashmoneyDrew
12-15-2011, 11:49 AM
I said less than four. I rule!

If zero had been an option, I would have voted that.

killxswitch
12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
You know, it'd be hilarious if the Colts won the last 3 remaining games and both the Rams and Vikings didn't win another game so the Colts didn't get Luck, Caldwell stays, Polian stays and they are free to take Trent Richardson with the #3 pick.

I don't know you but I hate you and your ideas.

mqtirishfan
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I never in my life thought I'd be defending the Colts in something....but 0? They still have a good set of targets for _______ to throw to, including some pro bowlers. Plus, I think Dan Orlovsky won at least a couple games with the Lions. He could probably win a couple with the Colts if he was able to do that.

Heh, BB. You were even wrong about Dan Orlovsky, who has never once been a part of a win in the NFL.

jsagan77
12-15-2011, 12:20 PM
I think he'll be fired regardless. He's awful IMO.

So who's the new coach? I think Jeff Fischer...

BeerBaron
12-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Heh, BB. You were even wrong about Dan Orlovsky, who has never once been a part of a win in the NFL.

Yeah, i think I confused him with Stanton. Damn former Lions....

The Colts COULD still win "a couple" though, so I'm not totally wrong yet!

DraftSavant
12-15-2011, 01:40 PM

If you were a girl, I'd ask you to marry me right now.

Shane P. Hallam
12-15-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm rooting for Jimmy T to get the job!

descendency
12-15-2011, 01:49 PM

I still feel that being competitive in the Steelers game was a sign that they should be winning a few games this year even without Manning. They just need someone who is not the three worst QBs to ever play in the NFL.

I do think most of the players have quit already though.

jth1331
12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
I don't know you but I hate you and your ideas.

I can feel the love in this thread. Wait for it....

If you were a girl, I'd ask you to marry me right now.

And there it is.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
12-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Only win i could see is the Jags but that defense has been stingy as of late and MoJo is playing fairly possessed right now.

jrdrylie
12-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Only win i could see is the Jags but that defense has been stingy as of late and MoJo is playing fairly possessed right now.

I'll be at that game and I'm their bad luck charm. The Jaguars are an impressive 1-7 in games I have attended. I think the Colts have a great chance to win.

DraftSavant
12-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm pretty certain the Jags are pulling an IR tankjob right now. They've had to do injury settlements with like 7 different players and reduce their practice squad because you can only have, like, 25 guys on IR or something.

Iamcanadian
12-15-2011, 06:36 PM
The way I see it, Caldwell inherited Dungy's team and for 1 season, he was able to hold things together. Last year, the team began a slide downhill and I think it would be a huge mistake to retain him as HC unless they are looking for another high pick, next year as well.
If he was a decent HC, they should have won at least 1-4 games even without Peyton. Zero or one is totally unacceptable to me and suggests he just doesn't have it.

RagingColt
12-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Caldwell should go. Anyone with the name Polian should go. We need a new GM, coach and direction. For far too long we've had undersized midget O-Line who can't run block, inferior interior D-Line play, horrible depth cause we're a top loaded roster, crappy special teams coverage/returns and a vanilla Cover 2 DEF that predicates we have the lead for it to be effective. Peyton and above average drafts up till about '06 hid most of these flaws. Now without #18 and crappy drafts we're at O-Fer.

The Alex
12-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Caldwell is a terrible, emotionless, robotic android head coach built by Polian-tech to follow precise orders and let Peyton Manning run the show. Not having Manning this season registered as a "does not compute."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Ed-209.jpg

0-16!? YOU CALL THIS A GLITCH!?

Rabscuttle
12-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Giving Arnold and the Polians all a kilo of Hurd's finest and setting them up in Maui would be appropriate gratitude.

descendency
12-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Anyone else pulling for the Colts to win out now?

:D

TitanHope
12-18-2011, 07:25 AM

Their last three games are against the Titans, Texans, and Jacksonville, which are all their AFC South division rivals. The Texans have secured the division and will be hosting a playoff game, the Jags have nothing to play for, so that just leaves Tennessee who is fighting for the last WC spot. The first game is today against the Titans, so if they pull the upset, then the Texans and Jags could absolutely phone it in since they won't be losing anything this season and would potentially be keeping Andrew Luck off the Colts going forward.

It would have to be epic suckage from Houston and J'Ville though, cause you know once Indy wins a single game, they'll phone it in completely the rest of the way. 1-15 is best case for them since they avoid going winless and guarantee themselves Luck, barring trading the pick or Luck pulling and Elway/Eli Manning.