PDA

View Full Version : Raheem Morris was going to be fired...but couldn't be

Shane P. Hallam
12-15-2011, 07:28 AM
John Clayton reporting the Bucs were going to fire Morris on Monday, but the staff would have been too small and too inexperienced to function.

http://thepewterplank.com/2011/12/15/morris-avoided-firing-due-to-lack-of-staff-player-claims-hes-lost-team/

Caddy
12-15-2011, 07:29 AM
Ummmmmmm what.

Article also says key reason is that nobody else on the roster is capable of taking over, which to an extent is true.

Bucs147
12-15-2011, 07:46 AM
Ummmmmmm what.

Article also says key reason is that nobody else on the roster is capable of taking over, which to an extent is true.

Imagine Greg Olson taking over as the head coach... my mind would explose.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Blasphemy. "Rah" is a coaching legend.

jrdrylie
12-15-2011, 08:03 AM
That is ridiculous. How do you have a coaching staff where you don't have anyone who you are comfortable with being an interim coach for a few games? That is some seriously bad hiring.

killxswitch
12-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Wow how did this team win 10 games last year? The Glazers look pretty horrible right now.

diabsoule
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Raheem did coach them to 10 wins but what happened? They're schedule got a little tougher but they have played against several winnable teams and have lost or got blown out, like last week against Jacksonville.

I still feel they should give him more time. It's only his 3rd year, let him continue to build the team. Hell, at least give him four full years to see what he can do.

Ness
12-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Raheem did coach them to 10 wins but what happened? They're schedule got a little tougher but they have played against several winnable teams and have lost or got blown out, like last week against Jacksonville.

I still feel they should give him more time. It's only his 3rd year, let him continue to build the team. Hell, at least give him four full years to see what he can do.

I thought he should get more time too, but I guess when you've gone from bad to good to bad again while losing this many in a row, your chances are pretty slim. It's really surprising to me how this team has fallen apart. They started 3-1 and seemed like the team we knew last season.

Bucs147
12-15-2011, 10:08 AM
The problem with keeping Raheem for another year is that next season is his last one on his contract. So, the Glazers would have to decide between extending him, which won't happen ("Hey Rah, you just lost 7 seven games in a row and got blown out by the Panthers and the Jaguars, here's your contract extansion!") or keep him as a lame duck coach, which is never a good thing. For him to succeeds, he'll need better assistant coaches. The current coaching staff is a joke, especially on the offensive side. They need at least a new OC, a new QB coach, a new LB coach and a DC so Raheem can concentrate on just being the head coach. We all know that none of the good coaching candidates will accept a job for a lame duck coach, so they'll have to hire more incompetent coaches to take these guys' jobs.

SchizophrenicBatman
12-15-2011, 10:11 AM
This is interesting given that Raheem was too inexperienced to function as a HC when he was hired