PDA

View Full Version : JBCX Prediction Thread!

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:08 PM
This forum is infested with Bears and Giants homers who believe that their teams have a legit shot at making a playoff run. I'm going to dispel those notions in this post. I predict that neither the Chicago Bears nor the New York Giants will win a *single* playoff game this year.

Why will the Giants fail to win a single playoff game?

The Giants appear to have a commanding lead in the NFC East. However, their remaining schedule is fraught with challenging opponents. I am confident that they will finish no better than 4-3 in the strech of games playing the following teams: Philadelphia, New Orleans, Green Bay, Dallas, Washington, New York Jets, and Dallas again. That would leave them with a 10-6, or worse, record for the year. Because the Cowboys have a total creampuff schedule, I predict that the Giants will fall into 2nd place behind the eventual 10-6 or 11-5 Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East after losing the tiebreak to the Cowboys, and their 10-6 or worse record will *not* be adequate to earn a Wildcard berth, especially because I see an 9-7 or 8-8 record as the more likely final record for the Giants. So the short answer here is that I predict that the Giants will miss the playoffs for the *third* straight year.

Why will the Bears fail to win a single playoff game?

The Bears have an easier schedule than the Giants, and will thus be more likely to at least enter the playoffs. Obviously, because the Packers are a lock to win the NFC North, the Bears will only enter the playoffs as the #5 or #6 seed, and will not have the Soldier Field home field advantage in the playoffs, and will be forced to win road games in the playoffs to advance, isntead of being gifted easy home games against inferior competition (which is what happened last year vs Seattle before they were exposed against the Packers). Without the homefield advantage, and with a weaker defense this year, and with the same awful offensive line, I have a hard time seeing the Bears beating quality competition in a playoff atmosphere. Especially because their offensive line, despite adjustments made by Mike Martz (leaving extra blockers in), is still one of the worst in the league and will undoubtedly struggle in a hostile and loud opposing stadium. I see yet another Jay Cutler meltdown against any quality opposition in the playoffs. I do not see Cutler being nearly effective enough to beat any of the following teams in the playoffs: San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, or Dallas. And I also do *not* see the Bears' defense being nearly stout enough to pitch a near-shutout against any of those offenses (which will be necessary given that Cutler will struggle in opposing stadiums behind that offensive line), which will mean that the Bears will not be able to win with their defense alone, as they have in the past.

So, book it: Neither the Bears nor the Giants will win a single playoff game this year, and one or maybe even both teams will fail to even *make* the playoffs.

Raiderz4Life
11-18-2011, 01:10 PM
If you're wrong....will you leave the forums?

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM

yes.

I will request that my account is deleted and I will never return.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
yes.

Let's get a mod in here to verify this, because I desperately want it to happen. The collective IQ of the board would jump 20 points without this idiot feeding us PFF ******** 3 times a week.

Never thought I'd be rooting for the Bears or Giants, damn.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 01:15 PM

I hope we play each other.

Da-Phins
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM

He's not on the level of Breed yet. Breed is just annoying and doesnt know much football. This guy atleast knows something.

Raiderz4Life
YES!!! I am now temporarily a Bears and Giants fan!!!
My hatred of Eli Manning will have to be put aside for now.

LETS GO ELI!! *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*

LETS GO CUTLER!!! *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*

A Perfect Score
I hope we play each other.

You earned rep for this. Epic.

He's not on the level of Breed yet. Breed is just annoying and doesnt know much football. This guy atleast knows something.

He knows that PFF watches EVERY SNAP. That means they know more, obviously.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 01:28 PM
You earned rep for this. Epic.

Haha. Thanks. Now once the seeding comes out and if that scenario comes to be true, can we have him banned at that exact moment. I'd rather not wait an extra week.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Haha. Thanks. Now once the seeding comes out and if that scenario comes to be true, can we have him banned at that exact moment. I'd rather not wait an extra week.

I didn't say they definitely wouldn't make the playoffs. I only guaranteed that they won't win a single playoff game between them. You have to wait until the Wildcard round is over before my predictions can be tested for veracity.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I didn't say they definitely wouldn't make the playoffs. I only guaranteed that they won't win a single playoff game between them. You have to wait until the Wildcard round is over before my predictions can be tested for veracity.

Apparently you are too dense to understand my scenario. Which is definitely possible.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Apparently you are too dense to understand my scenario. Which is definitely possible.

New York Giants are not winning the division. That I will guarantee.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM

If they play each other in the playoffs, one team will undoubtedly win the game, making your prediction invalid and your removal from the forums unavoidable. Therefore, if the seeding plays out and Round 1 is Bears-Giants, there's no reason not to have your stat-spewing ass removed immediately instead of waiting for the game to finish.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 01:31 PM

I know the Redskins are right?

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

It's going to be the Cowboys at this point.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 01:32 PM

if the bears play the giants in the wild card round...nevermind...

mqtirishfan
11-18-2011, 01:33 PM

You do realize that if the playoffs started today, the Giants and Bears would be playing each other, right? Assuming that the second tie-breaker is conference wins in the wild card format.

A Perfect Score

Whoa, whoa...It's pretty obvious the Dream Team is still taking that division. Don't you know VY just wins gamezzz?

Seriously though, how great would it be if VY came in and led the Eagles to like, 7 straight wins after they just sunk 100 million into Vick? I'm getting all tingly just thinking about it.

Raiderz4Life

They winning the SB...duh!!

JBCX
If they play each other in the playoffs, one team will undoubtedly win the game, making your prediction invalid and your removal from the forums unavoidable. Therefore, if the seeding plays out and Round 1 is Bears-Giants, there's no reason not to have your stat-spewing ass removed immediately instead of waiting for the game to finish.

Part of my prediction, if you bothered to read my post, entailed the New York Giants not winning their division.

Rosebud

I'm with this guy. He's never wrong about everything he says. Never.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Part of my prediction, if you bothered to read my post, entailed the New York Giants not winning their division.

Actually, I don't bother to read much of anything you say, unless it involves your permanent removal from the forums. Seriously, best idea I've seen you post.

Raiderz4Life

LMAO

best. post. ever.

level of dumbness has got to be unparalleled

JBCX
Actually, I don't bother to read much of anything you say, unless it involves your permanent removal from the forums.

But that doesn't stop you from posting in my threads.

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:35 PM
But that doesn't stop you from posting in my threads.

Why would it? Berating you for your unending stupidity adds a bit of levity to an otherwise boring day of writing papers.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Why would it? Berating you for your unending stupidity adds a bit of levity to an otherwise boring day of writing papers.

I hope you don't disappear when I bump this thread in January after the Giants have their usual season-ending collapse, the Cowboys are the #3 or #4 seed, and the Bears lose in the wild-card round.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I do love how he starts off by talking about how he's going to dispel these notions and then the way he does this is by stating his opinion. Future Lawyers of america keep your eyes open for this guy. Dude can argue anything.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I do love how he starts off by talking about how he's going to dispel these notions and then the way he does this is by stating his opinion. Future Lawyers of america keep your eyes open for this guy. Dude can argue anything.

I'm also backing up my opinion with facts.

The Giants have a rough schedule and the Cowboys have a creampuff schedule. Ya dig?

The Bears just put their RT on IR, lost one of their key OGs, and will not have homefield advantage in the playoffs. Ya dig?

A Perfect Score
11-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I hope you don't disappear when I bump this thread in January after the Giants have their usual season-ending collapse, the Cowboys are the #3 or #4 seed, and the Bears lose in the wild-card round.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgbiovO4C51qf8yek.gif

That's what I think of your thread.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 01:45 PM

The Giants have a rough schedule and the Cowboys have a creampuff schedule. Ya dig?

The Bears just put their RT on IR, lost one of their key OGs, and will not have homefield advantage in the playoffs. Ya dig?

That I will agree with. However even if you give us two losses to the Saints and Packers, they are still definite winnable games on the schedule. Home vs all the division opponents. At the Jets, even though its the same stadium.

The second place schedule turned out to be harder than the first place schedule. I would say imagine if the Eagles had to play the second place schedule but they already lost to the Bears and Falcons.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 01:46 PM

If the giants beat the cowboys twice the cowboys creampuff schedule will keep them from winning the division.

JBCX
11-18-2011, 01:46 PM
If the giants beat the cowboys twice the cowboys creampuff schedule will keep them from winning the division.

Needless to say, this will not happen.

DeMarco Murray, meet soft underbelly of Giants run defense. Giants defense, meet 5.0+ ypa down your throat.

Rosebud
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Needless to say, this will not happen.

DeMarco Murray, meet soft underbelly of Giants run defense. Giants defense, meet 5.0+ ypa down your throat.

Frank Gore agrees.

gpngc
11-18-2011, 02:15 PM
This thread is basically betting on Dallas. If Dallas overtakes the Giants for the division (schedule says they will but it's still ******* Dallas), they'll likely host the #5 seed (Chicago). Or maybe NYG will play at NO. Or he'll just need CHI @ NO.

While that won't prove his ridiculous theory that the Bears suck, his prediction does have a real chance to be right.

This year is funny. After the Packers, beating ANYONE isn't an impressive win. So basically, no one has truly impressive wins to me so much so that they stand out from everyone else in the league (besides the Packers). Because of that, teams that are perceived as the greatest threats to GB now, may not actually be by the end of it.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 02:20 PM

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2011/03/doh.gif

the new jesus
11-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Agree on the Bears. They are vastly overrated and can't win against any decent team, particularly if they have to go on the road.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Agree on the Bears. They are vastly overrated and can't win against any decent team, particularly if they have to go on the road.

Falcons, Buccaneers, Lions

JBCX
11-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Falcons, Buccaneers, Lions

Those teams are not exactly in the same league as the 49ers, Cowboys, Packers, or Saints.

And when did the Bears beat the Lions on the road? My memory of that game was watching Jay Cutler run for his life all game as his crappy offensive line failed him in a loud, noisy stadium.

Remember that the key to my prediction is the fact the Bears will be forced to win any playoff games in which they participate on the road

the new jesus
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
When's the last time the Bears beat anybody other than the Shithawks in the playoffs?

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
When's the last time the Bears beat anybody other than the Shithawks in the playoffs?

They've been to a Super Bowl and a NFC championship game in the last 5 years so they've beaten somebody.

the new jesus
11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
They've been to a Super Bowl and a NFC championship game in the last 5 years so they've beaten somebody.

Except they had Sexy Rexy when they went to the SB, not the choke artist Cutler. That guy folds under pressure all the time.

So ya, they beat the Shithawks last year and that's pretty much it.

Raiderz4Life
11-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Those teams are not exactly in the same league as the 49ers, Cowboys, Packers, or Saints.

And when did the Bears beat the Lions on the road? My memory of that game was watching Jay Cutler run for his life all game as his crappy offensive line failed him in a loud, noisy stadium.

Remember that the key to my prediction is the fact the Bears will be forced to win any playoff games in which they participate on the road

I would say they're in the same league as the Cowboys. You're talking...like usual...out of your ass and making it seem like the Cowboys are some elite team.

Jughead10
11-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Except they had Sexy Rexy when they went to the SB, not the choke artist Cutler. That guy folds under pressure all the time.

Which makes it even more impressive. Now they have a better QB. Although the defense isn't as good.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 02:56 PM

Hold the phone! Are You seriously trying to make the argument that Rex Grossman is a better quarterback than Jay Cutler?

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Something else that is funny, until last year, the Packers hadn't won a playoff game against anyone but the Seahawks since 2001.

Bulldogs
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
JBCX also predicted the Cardinals would dominate with Kolb at QB. Why does anybody bother listening to him at this point?

Jvig43
11-18-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm one of the bigger Cutler haters on this board, and even I would never compare the level of play between Grossman and Cutler. Even with Cutlers bone headed interceptions he's still ten times better than Rexy.

Razor
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Something else that is funny, until last year, the Packers hadn't won a playoff game against anyone but the Seahawks since 2001.

I see what you're trying to do. Now, shut up.

keylime_5
11-18-2011, 03:05 PM
So if the Giants are a 4 seed, this guy better pray that Chicago isn't the 5 seed. Same if the Giants are a 3 seed and Chicago is a 6 seed. Very decent chance that these two meet in the playoffs. Defense and running games always do well in cold weather playoff games, and is one of those teams plays Detroit or Dallas or Atlanta or whoever the last NFC wildcard team will be at home in the postseason then I wouldn't bet on NYG/CHI losing that game either. The Lions, Falcons, and Cowboys are dome teams who typically suck in the postseason outdoors in cold weather.

the new jesus
11-18-2011, 03:16 PM

Right, but then they won the Super Bowl and haven't lost a game since. So they are BY FAR the best team in the league.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Right, but then they won the Super Bowl and haven't lost a game since. So they are BY FAR the best team in the league.

Yes, the Packers are the best team in the NFL and it isn't even close. I was just saying that the same argument you used to say the Bears suck could have been used against the Packers a year ago.

PoopSandwich
11-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Who the **** cares.

Raiderz4Life
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM

That wasn't the point you douchemonger.

Shane P. Hallam
11-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Let's get a mod in here to verify this, because I desperately want it to happen. The collective IQ of the board would jump 20 points without this idiot feeding us PFF ******** 3 times a week.

Done and done. If people want to make bets, I shall oblidge.

the new jesus
11-18-2011, 03:37 PM
That wasn't the point you douchemonger.

Personal attack. Reported.

Brothgar
11-18-2011, 03:57 PM
Done and done. If people want to make bets, I shall oblidge.

Doesn't he need to be able to win something to be a bet?

On the same note I also think the Cowboys can win the division. Giant's schedule is hell particularly for a team that doesn't really end season's well. The Bears on the other hand. They could easily win a playoff match Saints can get gashed against the run and the Cowboys if they do in fact win the division have Tony Romo a man well known for choking in the playoffs.

iowatreat54
11-18-2011, 04:11 PM
I do not see Cutler being nearly effective enough to beat any of the following teams in the playoffs: San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, or Dallas.

I know a lot of people are annoyed by your constant ragging on the Bears, and while your argument overall isn't poor, I can't really take it seriously when you use the bolded point above for your argument and against the Bears winning a playoff game.

You see, it is impossible for the Bears to face the Packers in the first round of the playoffs. If the Packers were to receive a bye as expected, the Bears would have to win their first round game (proving you wrong) before having the chance for Cutler to not be effective enough to beat them.

If the Packers slide a bit and end up with the 3 seed, it is still impossible for the Bears to face them in the first round since a division winner and wild card from the same division are prevented from facing one another in the first round.

I would not be surprised to see the Bears be one and done in the playoffs, or miss the playoffs entirely. But when formulating an argument against you should really make sure you at least use all legitimate points.

Sloopy
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Doesn't he need to be able to win something to be a bet?

SHHHH He was dumb enough to take a lopsided bet

We need to make some more bets with other posters...

nrk
11-18-2011, 05:12 PM
If the Packers slide a bit and end up with the 3 seed, it is still impossible for the Bears to face them in the first round since a division winner and wild card from the same division are prevented from facing one another in the first round..

Is this a recent rule? Otherwise it is absolutely not true.

Giantsfan1080
11-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah that's a baseball rule, not football. The Packers will have a bye though and the Bears won't so they can't face each other in the 1st in that regard.

iowatreat54
11-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Well, don't I look like an idiot. I thought it was a rule for both. I guess I don't American football... :(

JBCX
11-18-2011, 07:29 PM
So if the Giants are a 4 seed, this guy better pray that Chicago isn't the 5 seed. Same if the Giants are a 3 seed and Chicago is a 6 seed. Very decent chance that these two meet in the playoffs. Defense and running games always do well in cold weather playoff games, and is one of those teams plays Detroit or Dallas or Atlanta or whoever the last NFC wildcard team will be at home in the postseason then I wouldn't bet on NYG/CHI losing that game either. The Lions, Falcons, and Cowboys are dome teams who typically suck in the postseason outdoors in cold weather.

The Bears can't be any higher than #5 seed and will be on the road for all of their games in the playoffs. There will be no homefield advantage for them.

In the Wildcard round, either they will play the Cowboys in Cowboys Stadium (dome) or the Saints in the Superdome (dome) or the Falcons in the Georgia Dome (dome).

So, no cold weather in that matchup.

And I'm banking on the Giants simply not making the playoffs, or squeaking in as a wildcard and be forced to go on the road just like the Bears.

jrdrylie
11-18-2011, 07:40 PM
The Bears are actually a better dome team. Good speed on defense, all that speed on offense, great special teams.

DoughBoy
11-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Personal Note: Dont make bets with Jbond, I feel like have had this sig since the bronze age.

Jvig43
11-18-2011, 08:11 PM
When can you take that sig down?

DoughBoy
11-18-2011, 08:24 PM
After the superbowl.

bigbluedefense
11-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Seriously. You are not allowed anymore bold predictions after telling us how the Redskins were going to the SB.

That was a lulz if there ever was one.

yodabear
11-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I can assure u the Rams won't win a playoff game. What a bold prediction.

MetSox17
11-18-2011, 10:49 PM
JBCX = Thumper? Maybe?

He's the only person i can think of that was adamant about Kevin Kolb being so good. And this guy sounds pretty dumb, so it might be it. What team does jbcx follow?

Also, for the record, please do not associate anything this guy is saying with Cowboys fans on this board. He is a rogue bold statement maker. We're totally okay being underdogs.

hockey619
11-18-2011, 11:33 PM
JBCX = Thumper?

yeah, i thought that was pretty obvious a while ago though. Like I thought he admitted it in a thread, but i could be wrong.

He follows the Eagles btw. But he doesnt seem to follow reality much if he still thinks kolb might turn into the next peyton or if he ever thought rex/beck was gunna take the deadskins anywhere.

JBCX
11-20-2011, 11:14 PM
So let's see... Week 10...

- The Giants look putrid at home against a bad Eagles team, and have shown a great weakness on their offensive line. They are now tied with the Cowboys for the division lead, while facing a brutal remaining schedule.

- The Bears looked good beating San Diego at home, but lost their starting QB for the remainder of the regular season. Who knows if Caleb Hanie or some other guy can come in and take this team to a 10-6 or better record, but if he can't, then the Bears miss out on the playoffs altogether. I don't think they have quite the defense to win at least 3 more games without above-average QBing.

Looking good so far for me, but alot more games to play in this season!!

sbh15
11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
So let's see... Week 10...

- The Giants look putrid at home against a bad Eagles team, and have shown a great weakness on their offensive line. They are now tied with the Cowboys for the division lead, while facing a brutal remaining schedule.

- The Bears looked good beating San Diego at home, but lost their starting QB for the remainder of the regular season. Who knows if Caleb Hanie or some other guy can come in and take this team to a 10-6 or better record, but if he can't, then the Bears miss out on the playoffs altogether. I don't think they have quite the defense to win at least 3 more games without above-average QBing.

Looking good so far for me, but alot more games to play in this season!!

i can only assume you must have predicted cutler's broken thumb, given your bragging. either that or pro football focus did. i did read somewhere that based on cutler's xolsiesp average of -3.7, he was totally due for a broken thumb.

JBCX
12-04-2011, 06:48 PM
It's starting to look alot like neither team might even GET INTO the playoffs.

lol.

mqtirishfan
12-04-2011, 06:51 PM
It's starting to look alot like neither team might even GET INTO the playoffs.

lol.

Falcons lost, Cowboys lost, Lions are not favored tonight. Quit trolling.

JBCX
12-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Falcons lost, Cowboys lost, Lions are not favored tonight. Quit trolling.

Do you trust a team with Caleb Hanie as their QB to do *anything* in the last four weeks?

That same team is also missing 50% of their offensive production (Matt Forte).

mqtirishfan
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Do you trust a team with Caleb Hanie as their QB to do *anything* in the last four weeks?

That same team is also missing 50% of their offensive production (Matt Forte).

They have a very winnable game next week, and are still leading the Wild Card chase. The Giants remain one back with two games against the Cowboys left. Nothing happened today to change the playoff picture in the NFC.

JBCX
12-04-2011, 07:10 PM
They have a very winnable game next week, and are still leading the Wild Card chase. The Giants remain one back with two games against the Cowboys left. Nothing happened today to change the playoff picture in the NFC.

Matt Forte injury basically turned the Bears into a complete non-contender.

Caleb Hanie with no running game? Come on man. The Bears will struggle to win a single game the rest of the season at this point.

Also, Chicago vs Denver is hardly "winnable". Denver defense is play great and Tebow is hard to stop.

mqtirishfan
12-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Matt Forte injury basically turned the Bears into a complete non-contender.

Caleb Hanie with no running game? Come on man. The Bears will struggle to win a single game the rest of the season at this point.

Also, Chicago vs Denver is hardly "winnable". Denver defense is play great and Tebow is hard to stop.

Minnesota almost beat Denver. Denver is a winnable game.

Monomach
12-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Hard to stop a guy who only completes half of his punt-looking passes?

DRMBxnxWiNQ

Tim Tebow is not winning games, damn it. Not even the guys in the media trying to sell you on that story believe it. He's being carried kicking and screaming by that defense.

JBCX
12-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Hard to stop a guy who only completes half of his punt-looking passes?

DRMBxnxWiNQ

Tim Tebow is not winning games, damn it. Not even the guys in the media trying to sell you on that story believe it. He's being carried kicking and screaming by that defense.

Did you watch the game yesterday? Tebow's passing was the only reason the Broncos won that game.

Raiderz4Life
12-05-2011, 08:51 AM
Lmao...no no it was not....Minny's HS JV defense won the broncos that game and the broncos D sealed it with a pick at the end

Rosebud
12-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Lmao...no no it was not....Minny's HS JV defense won the broncos that game and the broncos D sealed it with a pick at the end

Yeah, but who do you think made the Minnesota secondary forget to cover BeyBey? And who do you think prayed that pick right from Ponder's hand to the Broncos? You're not giving Tebow enough credit for making the other team play worse and his team-mates to play better. Did you not see how he willed the game winning FG through the uprights?

Monomach
12-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Did you watch the game yesterday? Tebow's passing was the only reason the Broncos won that game.

Or, you know, Christian Ponder throwing to the wrong team about as often as throwing to the right one.

Brothgar
12-05-2011, 06:37 PM

Do me a favor tell me exactly how many teams lose with a +4 turnover ratio? Tebow gets credit for not throwing picks and not too much else.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Tim Tebow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bears defense

Tebow just pimp-slapped Urlacher and Peppers in the 4th quarter! Amazing!

I always love to see my predictions come to fruition.

jrdrylie
12-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Tim Tebow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bears defense

Tebow just pimp-slapped Urlacher and Peppers in the 4th quarter! Amazing!

It is prevent defenses. Any QB can pick apart prevent defenses. I am shocked NFL defensive coordinators that make millions of dollars haven't figured this out. You contain Tim Tebow for 55 minutes. Why on earth do you change your defense to a ridiculously conservative defense late in the fourth.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 08:56 AM
It is prevent defenses. Any QB can pick apart prevent defenses. I am shocked NFL defensive coordinators that make millions of dollars haven't figured this out. You contain Tim Tebow for 55 minutes. Why on earth do you change your defense to a ridiculously conservative defense late in the fourth.

Hahaha, don't try to deny it, the Bears were Tebow'd!

hockey619
12-12-2011, 08:59 AM

yeah youre one great predictin man like nostradamus huh? how bout this brilliant one for you?

Why will the Giants fail to win a single playoff game?

The Giants appear to have a commanding lead in the NFC East. However, their remaining schedule is fraught with challenging opponents. I am confident that they will finish no better than 4-3 in the strech of games playing the following teams: Philadelphia, New Orleans, Green Bay, Dallas, Washington, New York Jets, and Dallas again. That would leave them with a 10-6, or worse, record for the year. Because the Cowboys have a total creampuff schedule, I predict that the Giants will fall into 2nd place behind the eventual 10-6 or 11-5 Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East after losing the tiebreak to the Cowboys, and their 10-6 or worse record will *not* be adequate to earn a Wildcard berth, especially because I see an 9-7 or 8-8 record as the more likely final record for the Giants. So the short answer here is that I predict that the Giants will miss the playoffs for the *third* straight year.

looks like the giants are gunna take that division since they now have the tie breaker over the boys.

how bout your kolb predictions? want me to pull that one back up?

I can't wait to bump this thread 5 months from now when the Cards are either the one of the wildcard teams or have won their division and Kolb is putting up 300+ yards in most of his games throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and every Cardinals fan is saying "Dominique Rodgers who?".

too bad hes put up 300 yards once all year and has been matched/outplayed by skelton.

Ego = checked

JBCX
12-12-2011, 09:02 AM
yeah youre one great predictin man like nostradamus huh? how bout this brilliant one for you?

looks like the giants are gunna take that division since they now have the tie breaker over the boys.

And they're going to go one-and-done with a quickness in the playoffs.

how bout your kolb predictions? want me to pull that one back up?

too bad hes put up 300 yards once all year and has been matched/outplayed by skelton.

Kolb has had an inordinate number of injury setbacks this year. I still think you can't fully evaluate Kolb until next year.

And Skelton hasn't exactly looked great all year. Yesterday he threw for 3 TDs, but he's been really awful-looking in most other games.

jrdrylie
12-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Hahaha, don't try to deny it, the Bears were Tebow'd!

I'm not denying it. They did. But let's stop giving Tebow all the credit. Here is who I would give credit to for the win and loss.

1). Marion Barber- If he stays in bounds, Tebow gets the ball back with 20 seconds and at least 40 yards to get it. Not happening. If he doesn't fumble the Bears kick a field goal and win.
2). Matt Prater- Kicking two 50 yarders to tie and then win the game is outstanding. I don't care if he was aided by the high altitude of Denver, that was impressive.
3). Lovie Smith or Rod Marinelli- I don't know who made the decision to go to the prevent defense. The Bears had a great gameplan. They contained him for 55 minutes. I just don't understand it. Offensive coordinators stick to their system no matter what. Why don't defensive coordinators do the same.
4). Jerry Angelo and Mike Martz- Mike Martz was the man who wanted Roy Williams and Marion Barber. Rather than spend the $30 million in cap space to get a good complimentary back or a decent receiver, Martz forced Angelo to sign a bunch of Cowboy rejects. Martz also needs to put in Enderle. Hanie is miserable. I don't know if the rookie Enderle is any better, but he can't be worse.
5). Denver defense- They played very well. Why aren't they higher? Because they were playing against a team with a terrible QB, a washed up running back, a bottom-five offensive line, and a terrible receiving corps. Oklahoma States defense would have looked good in this game.
6). Tim Tebow- He looks awful for 55 minutes and then provides a spark. He gets way too much credit for this. Good luck doing this next week when New England has a 35-10 lead with 5 minutes left.

mqtirishfan
12-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Keep in mind, this thread was created under the pretense that Jay Cutler and Matt Forte would be playing, but would just suck.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Keep in mind, this thread was created under the pretense that Jay Cutler and Matt Forte would be playing, but would just suck.

No, it was created with the realization that the Bears are a very top-heavy team with little to no depth and would be inordinately hampered with just 1-2 injuries to critical contributors.

They stayed remarkably healthy throughout 2010, and I knew they would not repeat this feat in 2011. If it wasn't Cutler or Forte, it would have been Peppers, or Urlacher, or Hester, and that would have had a similar negative effect on the team.

Sloopy
12-12-2011, 11:32 AM
No, it was created with the realization that the Bears are a very top-heavy team with little to no depth and would be inordinately hampered with just 1-2 injuries to critical contributors.

They stayed remarkably healthy throughout 2010, and I knew they would not repeat this feat in 2011. If it wasn't Cutler or Forte, it would have been Peppers, or Urlacher, or Hester, and that would have had a similar negative effect on the team.

Why will the Bears fail to win a single playoff game?

The Bears have an easier schedule than the Giants, and will thus be more likely to at least enter the playoffs. Obviously, because the Packers are a lock to win the NFC North, the Bears will only enter the playoffs as the #5 or #6 seed, and will not have the Soldier Field home field advantage in the playoffs, and will be forced to win road games in the playoffs to advance, isntead of being gifted easy home games against inferior competition (which is what happened last year vs Seattle before they were exposed against the Packers). Without the homefield advantage, and with a weaker defense this year, and with the same awful offensive line, I have a hard time seeing the Bears beating quality competition in a playoff atmosphere. Especially because their offensive line, despite adjustments made by Mike Martz (leaving extra blockers in), is still one of the worst in the league and will undoubtedly struggle in a hostile and loud opposing stadium. I see yet another Jay Cutler meltdown against any quality opposition in the playoffs. I do not see Cutler being nearly effective enough to beat any of the following teams in the playoffs: San Francisco, Green Bay, New Orleans, or Dallas. And I also do *not* see the Bears' defense being nearly stout enough to pitch a near-shutout against any of those offenses (which will be necessary given that Cutler will struggle in opposing stadiums behind that offensive line), which will mean that the Bears will not be able to win with their defense alone, as they have in the past.

Please point out in this OP where you pointed out that the team would lose because they are top heavy and one or two key losses would topple them?

In fact you named a number of other reasons why they wouldn't yet failed to include that specific reason... In fact you claimed that Cutler wouldn't be effective so you weren't exactly calling him a talent that would make or break the team should he go down

jrdrylie
12-12-2011, 11:42 AM

No team who loses their starting QB goes to the playoffs. When Brady went down, the Patriots missed the playoffs. When Manning went down, the Colts might go to 0-16. If Rodgers went down, I guarantee they would not win the Super Bowl. The Saints would be absolutely terrible if Brees went down. Every team would be done if their QB goes down. The Bears are no different.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 11:44 AM
No team who loses their starting QB goes to the playoffs. When Brady went down, the Patriots missed the playoffs. When Manning went down, the Colts might go to 0-16. If Rodgers went down, I guarantee they would not win the Super Bowl. The Saints would be absolutely terrible if Brees went down. Every team would be done if their QB goes down. The Bears are no different.

The Texans and TJ Yates beg to differ.

As do the 2001 Patriots. As do the 2006 Eagles.

Sloopy
12-12-2011, 11:50 AM

Still waiting for you to point out where you made this point in your OP.

Also, the Texans have a **** schedule and the 2001 Pats had TOM ******* BRADY TAKE OVER FOR THEM... or is this the start of another prediction? Yates/Haine the next Brady/Manning!?!?!?!?!!?!

jrdrylie
12-12-2011, 11:51 AM

The Texans have absolutely no challenge for the division. They could have had you and me alternating at QB and still won the division.

The Eagles had Jeff Garcia, an experienced former Pro Bowler, as their back up. That is completely different.

But even with these examples (I'll even add the Rams with Kurt Warner), it is still true that the vast majority of time that the QB goes down, the season does too. Sure, once every few years a back up QB might come in and give the team a spark. But 9 times out of 10, at least, this does not happen.

jrdrylie
12-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Still waiting for you to point out where you made this point in your OP.

Also, the Texans have a **** schedule and the 2001 Pats had TOM ******* BRADY TAKE OVER FOR THEM... or is this the start of another prediction? Yates/Haine the next Brady/Manning!?!?!?!?!!?!

Yates may turn out to be a quality QB. A lot of people liked him in the draft. But Caleb Hanie isn't even good enough to be the next Cooper Manning.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 11:54 AM
The Texans have absolutely no challenge for the division. They could have had you and me alternating at QB and still won the division.

The point is that the Texans could just as easily have fallen apart, but becuase their roster is superior to the Bears, and has more depth, they didn't.

The Eagles had Jeff Garcia, an experienced former Pro Bowler, as their back up. That is completely different.

The Bears had the opportunity to pick up both Donovan McNabb and Kyle Orton in the offseason AND after Cutler was injured, but chose not to. Either one could have been their Jeff Garcia. The Bears didn't and are now suffering for that decision. Whose fault is that?

But even with these examples (I'll even add the Rams with Kurt Warner), it is still true that the vast majority of time that the QB goes down, the season does too. Sure, once every few years a back up QB might come in and give the team a spark. But 9 times out of 10, at least, this does not happen.

Even if Cutler hadn't been injured, but say, Peppers was injured in his place, or maybe Briggs or Urlacher, I'd venture to guess they might be having similar struggles. The problem with the Bears team is that they are far too top-heavy and reliant on aging superstars with little to no depth behind them.

Sloopy
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Yates may turn out to be a quality QB. A lot of people liked him in the draft. But Caleb Hanie isn't even good enough to be the next Cooper Manning.

I know, I was more mocking JBCX here :)

Bulldogs
12-12-2011, 12:01 PM
Why do people still take this Thumper character seriously? He's still trying to make his case for Carlos Dunlap > JPP and seriously believes Kevin Kolb is the second coming.

BaLLiN
12-12-2011, 03:08 PM
congratulations, you can make two very general predictions. The Bears and Giants not winning a playoff game, not that they wont make the playoffs. This was while Detroit and Green Bay had good records, Eagles and Dallas both were in the hunt, and the Giants losing half their defense to IR. Congrats, your a genius.

Raiderz4Life
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Lets not forget this gem

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48652

JBCX
12-12-2011, 06:08 PM
congratulations, you can make two very general predictions. The Bears and Giants not winning a playoff game, not that they wont make the playoffs. This was while Detroit and Green Bay had good records, Eagles and Dallas both were in the hunt, and the Giants losing half their defense to IR. Congrats, your a genius.

Every Bears/Giants homer on this board was still thinking that their team would have playoff success, and in fact, many of them still do.

That's the only reason I made this thread. There are too many Bears/Giants homers with vast overconfidence in their crappy teams.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Every Bears/Giants homer on this board was still thinking that their team would have playoff success, and in fact, many of them still do.

That's the only reason I made this thread. There are too many Bears/Giants homers with vast overconfidence in their crappy teams.

Yep, as evidenced by all of the Giants fans being proven so foolish in thinking their team would be in contention for the division title and a playoff birth...nothing like Eagles fans' accurate assessment of their teams' superbowl hopes...

At least JPP still sucks...

JBCX
12-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Yep, as evidenced by all of the Giants fans being proven so foolish in thinking their team would be in contention for the division title and a playoff birth...nothing like Eagles fans' accurate assessment of their teams' superbowl hopes...

First of all, it's spelled "berth", and second of all, it's hardly guaranteed just because the 6-6 Giants squeaked out a miracle victory over a bad Cowboys team.

And even if the Giants do get in, I'd be shocked if they are anything better than a one-and-done.

At least JPP still sucks...

He is a complete liability in the running game - that's one of the reasons why the Giants gave up so many points and Felix Jones could pick up 10 yards at a clip.

The two skills that JPP has are extremely (freakishly) long arms and 4.6 speed, which enable him to bat down passes, chase down RBs and QBs and convert even a little bit of pressure into a sure sack. I still think he is an average to slightly above average pass rusher who is a liabliity in the running game. He's nothing special and clearly worse than Carlos Dunlap as a 4-3 DE.

Bulldogs
12-12-2011, 06:19 PM
First of all, it's spelled "berth", and second of all, it's hardly guaranteed just because the 6-6 Giants squeaked out a miracle victory over a bad Cowboys team.

And even if the Giants do get in, I'd be shocked if they are anything better than a one-and-done.

He is a complete liability in the running game - that's one of the reasons why the Giants gave up so many points and Felix Jones could pick up 10 yards at a clip.

The one skill that JPP has is extremely, freakishly long arms, which enable him to bat down passes and convert a little bit of pressure into a sure sack. I still think he is an average to slightly above average pass rusher who is a liabliity in the running game. He's nothing special and clearly worse than Carlos Dunlap as a 4-3 DE.

And there we have it folks! What other nonsense does PFF feed you? Since this is clearly not your own well thought out opinion.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 06:21 PM
And there we have it folks! What other nonsense does PFF feed you? Since this is clearly not your own well thought out opinion.

Actually, I've watched almost every snap of Jason Pierre Paul's career as a 4-3 DE, and many of Dunlap's.

I probably have seen more of JPP than most Giants fans, especially because i focus on him during defensive plays.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 06:43 PM

I'm foreign so I get an allotment of typoes each week from the mods.

in contention

The two skills that JPP has are extremely (freakishly) long arms and 4.6 speed, which enable him to bat down passes, chase down RBs and QBs and convert even a little bit of pressure into a sure sack. I still think he is an average to slightly above average pass rusher who is a liabliity in the running game. He's nothing special and clearly worse than Carlos Dunlap as a 4-3 DE.

You understand that those two points are contradictory, right?

JBCX
12-12-2011, 06:48 PM
You understand that those two points are contradictory, right?

Being a good pass rusher is about far more than just getting sacks. Sacks are only part of the story. A good pass rusher needs to generate consistent pressure in the form of hurries and hits, in addition to sacks. Dunlap has more of these in total than JPP on a per-snap basis, which makes him a better pass rusher. JPP is actually about average in terms of per-snap total pressure (hits, hurries, sacks) among 4-3 DEs. In addition, to be a total 4-3 DE, JPP has to vastly improve in the running game.

Regarding the "contention" thing: I was annoyed that homers think that the Bears and Giants are serious playoff contenders - they are not. Both teams, if either one sneaks into the playoffs, will be one of the worst teams in their respective playoff field and wil surely be one-and-done. That's not serious contention in the playoff field; that's called sneaking into the playoffs as a bad team. Technically, you are in contention for a playoff berth, but in reality, the team will be like the 2010 Chiefs: a bad team that will just function as a sacrificial lamb for a better wild-card team in the playoffs.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Being a good pass rusher is about far more than just getting sacks. Sacks are only part of the story. A good pass rusher needs to generate consistent pressure in the form of hurries and hits, in addition to sacks. Dunlap has more of these in total than JPP on a per-snap basis, which makes him a better pass rusher. JPP is actually about average in terms of per-snap total pressure (hits, hurries, sacks) among 4-3 DEs. In addition, to be a total 4-3 DE, JPP has to vastly improve in the running game.

Regarding the "contention" thing: I was annoyed that homers think that the Bears and Giants are serious playoff contenders - they are not. Both teams, if either one sneaks into the playoffs, will be one of the worst teams in their respective playoff field and wil surely be one-and-done. That's not serious contention in the playoff field; that's called sneaking into the playoffs as a bad team. Technically, you are in contention for a playoff berth, but in reality, the team will be like the 2010 Chiefs: a bad team that will just function as a sacrificial lamb for a better wild-card team in the playoffs.

So just because Dunlap almost gets to a QB more than JPP, even though JPP actually gets to the QB more, he's clearly better. Gotcha. And you were annoyed by a strawman of your own creation. Thanks for clearing that up.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 06:59 PM
So just because Dunlap almost gets to a QB more than JPP, even though JPP actually gets to the QB more, he's clearly better. Gotcha. And you were annoyed by a strawman of your own creation. Thanks for clearing that up.

Do you just not understand the concept of pass rush pressure at all?

sbh15
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
dude just go beat off to pff already it's getting old

BaLLiN
12-12-2011, 07:07 PM

have you seen our linebackers lately? No, just no. He is, if anything, one of the reasons why we aren't gashed more often. His speed allows him to keep things inside, where we would likely get killed because our LB's are terrible.

Actually, I've watched almost every snap of Jason Pierre Paul's career as a 4-3 DE, and many of Dunlap's.

I probably have seen more of JPP than most Giants fans, especially because i focus on him during defensive plays.

really? you've went to practices too? Because as a giants fan, and resident of northern new jersey, I can say that I have definitely seen more of JPP as a 4-3 DE than you. Given that I watched most of the USF games because of my close proximity to rutgers and the fact that the giants picked him, I've been to giants camp 3 times each year, and I watch every game. Regardless of this, you do not need to see all of these plays to know that JPP is a very good 4-3 DE, and an athletic freak.

JPP not only has a freakish body and is athletic, fast, quick, and can jump high. He has great leverage for his height, he never gives up on a play, and although he doesn't have refined pass-rushing moves, he finds ways to get to the QB. His rawness is not a detractor at this point because he shows that he can produce even with teams chipping and doubling him. With time, he can develop his technique, but it will only be the cherry on top to his raw ability.

JBCX
12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
have you seen our linebackers lately? No, just no. He is, if anything, one of the reasons why we aren't gashed more often. His speed allows him to keep things inside, where we would likely get killed because our LB's are terrible.

If you watched the game last night, you'd notice that Collinsworth himself specifically focused on plays run to JPP's side and said that the Cowboys were targeting JPP in the running game, and that as good of a pass rusher JPP is, he still has much to improve in that aspect of the game. Multiple times last night the Cowboys would run at JPP's side because they knew he was just going to play patty-cake with the OT.

really? you've went to practices too? Because as a giants fan, and resident of northern new jersey, I can say that I have definitely seen more of JPP as a 4-3 DE than you. Given that I watched most of the USF games because of my close proximity to rutgers and the fact that the giants picked him, I've been to giants camp 3 times each year, and I watch every game. Regardless of this, you do not need to see all of these plays to know that JPP is a very good 4-3 DE, and an athletic freak.

Just because he is an athletic freak doesn't necessarily make him a "good 4-3 DE".

JPP not only has a freakish body and is athletic, fast, quick, and can jump high. He has great leverage for his height, he never gives up on a play, and although he doesn't have refined pass-rushing moves, he finds ways to get to the QB. His rawness is not a detractor at this point because he shows that he can produce even with teams chipping and doubling him. With time, he can develop his technique, but it will only be the cherry on top to his raw ability.

He can basically jump high and use his long arms to bat down passes, and his speed to chase plays down. Those are valuable traits, but they do not solely an elite 4-3 DE make.

Rosebud
12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Do you just not understand the concept of pass rush pressure at all?

Oh I'm well aware of the point of getting pressure, do you? You really don't see value to JPP getting drive ending sacks? It's not like the dude doesn't get a lot of pressure anyway. And he's a solid run defender, that's absolutely ridiculous to claim, he's no Osi. With how raw he is it's amazing to see just how good he can get, sure it sucks that he doesn't play for your team but why can't you just enjoy seeing him more than most? I still hate that Ware plays for the god damn cowboys, but I still can give the guy his due and appreciate getting to watch him. I'm not comparing JPP to Ware, but he has that type of potential if he continues to make strides towards that ceiling every year.

But it's cool bring up some sacks that don't tell you that JPP has been our only healthy full time end and so has seen a lot of snaps with little help thanks to Fewell's insisting on rushing 3. Or that he bats down a lot of balls when he's not going to be able to get to the QB and so doesn't get pressure on a lot of plays that he still has a huge impact on, even when he doesn't get those orangutan arms on the ball. If you can't appreciate what a statement it is that JPP is already expected to beat double-teams you're just being purposefully dense.

Dunlap's a wonderful young talent as well, but he gets rotated a lot more and plays on a more aggressive defense. But he's not outplaying JPP this year, nor will he be able to if JPP keeps getting better the way he is.

BaLLiN
12-13-2011, 03:46 AM
If you watched the game last night, you'd notice that Collinsworth himself specifically focused on plays run to JPP's side and said that the Cowboys were targeting JPP in the running game, and that as good of a pass rusher JPP is, he still has much to improve in that aspect of the game. Multiple times last night the Cowboys would run at JPP's side because they knew he was just going to play patty-cake with the OT.

OH RLY? didn't notice that, I don't watch games my own team plays. Sometimes teams run AT players so that they cannot use their agility and speed to make plays, but must instead act as a body to make an edge or keep other blockers from getting to the edge. I know another person that got run at too...DeMarcus Ware. Same tactic, different player, similar result.

The only difference was that on one or two plays JPP was trying to keep play inside while also trying to make the tackle. He needs to refine his technique, and once we have linebackers he can be more disciplined and be ably to rely on other players, but it was not a result of limitation but trying to do too much. Otherwise, he did well, held his own and kept blockers at bay with his long reach mostly and made an occasional tackle, and a very disciplined and well played TFL twice after his mistake(s) (one was clearly pointed out).

I'm pretty sure if you've watched Dallas games you know this, Giants run at Ware to avoid him going around backside and making a TFL (Eli even blocked him on a pitch play to prevent this).

Just because he is an athletic freak doesn't necessarily make him a "good 4-3 DE".

does it hurt?

He can basically jump high and use his long arms to bat down passes, and his speed to chase plays down. Those are valuable traits, but they do not solely an elite 4-3 DE make.

please list the traits necessary oh mighty football god, because only certain traits can make an elite 4-3 DE.

jrdrylie
12-13-2011, 08:16 AM

It wasn't homerism that made the Bears fans think we had a legitimate shot in the playoffs. It was the team's performance. The defense was getting better every week. Forte was playing like a top-three running back. Cutler was minimizing mistakes. Martz actually adjusted his offense to keep Cutler from being killed. And we still had one of the top special teams units in the league.

We dominated Atlanta, played Green Bay extremely close, beat Philadelphia at a time when it looked like the Eagles were putting things together, killed Detroit, and traveled across the country to beat the Chargers pretty convincingly. The Bears would have won a playoff game had Cutler not been injured. That isn't homerism speaking. That is just the fact that the Bears were the hottest team in the NFL outside of the Packers.

JBCX
12-18-2011, 02:46 PM
I love being right!

This could be even easier to fulfill as a prediction - just watch them both miss the playoffs altogether! Woot!

BaLLiN
12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Here's my bold playoff prediction: The eagles do not make the playoffs.

Rosebud
12-19-2011, 04:47 PM
Here's my bold playoff prediction: The eagles do not make the playoffs.

I'll go you one further. I guarantee, both the Eagles and the high flying Redskins don't win a playoff game...

JBCX
12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Despite being the two most prolific offenses in the NFL, neither the Packers nor the Patriots will win Super Bowl XLVI. I simply cannot see it happening because of the complete ineptitude of their defenses.

Say what you want about their offenses, which are great, and their QBs, who are Hall of Famers, but in this league, you can't hope to consistently win shootouts in the playoffs back-to-back-to-back en route to a Super Bowl victory. Inevitably, an opposing defense in the playoffs will cause your offense to stumble, and in that game, unless you have an above-average defense, your team will likely lose.

Remember last year in the NFC CG when Aaron Rodgers looked off against the Bears? They would not have won that game had it not been for the Green Bay defense, excellent all year in 2010, shutting down the Bears and even contributing to the score with a defensive touchdown.

I think that the Packers stand a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than the Patriots, because the Packers, despite having a sieve-like defense, manage to generate turnovers, but neither defense inspires any confidence in me. I will be absolutely shocked, despite the Packers and Patriots both looking like the two best teams in the league for much of the regular season, if either team wins the Super Bowl this year.

Agree or disagree?

Shane P. Hallam
12-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure how both can win the Super Bowl, but somehow they will now...

BaLLiN
12-19-2011, 05:20 PM
can you just stop with these predictions, or just make a prediction thread? These predictions aren't even radical, there is a very good chance that neither win because of injuries, the same went for the giants and bears.

wicket
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Despite being the two most prolific offenses in the NFL,

so the saints who lead the nfl in almost every category possible offensively (outside of ppg (2nd behind packers) and rushing yardage(9th still substantially above both teams you mentioned) are not one of the two most prolific offenses in the nfl?

does not compute

vidae
12-19-2011, 05:38 PM
It'll be the Redskins fo sho.

yodabear
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Rams are gonna be #1.

Bulldogs
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
I love whoever merged these threads. Thumper just quit while you're ahead, if you throw out enough ****** predictions you're bound to hit a couple.

bored of education
12-23-2011, 07:02 PM
if you want entertainment just read JBCX's tweets @jbcx90

WOW.

sbh15
12-23-2011, 08:02 PM
if you want entertainment just read JBCX's tweets @jbcx90

WOW.

my favorite:

From Westbrook to McCoy, like going from Montana to Young.

JBCX
12-24-2011, 04:12 PM
I'm flattered that people are so obsessed with me that they need to discuss every one of my posts and tweets.

Oh by the way, the Bears will be eliminated from the playoffs shortly and whichever crappy team emerges from the NFC East, whether it's the Cowboys or the Giants, is going one-and-done in the playoffs.

And the Patriots just gave up 24+ points to a Matt Moore led team, and will NOT be making a Super Bowl appearance with that defense.

Rosebud
12-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Just felt I should make it official, JPP > the Eagles.

Raiderz4Life
12-24-2011, 05:04 PM

You got that backwards man. JPP is nothing but a lucky no good DE who falls ass first into his stats and the Eagles are SB bound.

JBCX
12-24-2011, 08:54 PM

How good has the Giants defense been with JPP playing well?

JPP getting a few sacks here and there won't stop teams from putting up 30+ on the Giants in the playoffs.

The Eagles defense is better than the Giants' defense, JPP or not.

Bulldogs
12-24-2011, 09:06 PM

JPP getting a few sacks here and there won't stop teams from putting up 30+ on the Giants in the playoffs.

How good has the Jags O been with MJD playing well? How good has the Minnesota D been with Jared Allen playing well? One player does not make a unit. What a worthless statement. We would all back off you if you just admitted you were wrong and moved on.

JBCX
12-24-2011, 09:10 PM
How good has the Jags O been with MJD playing well? How good has the Minnesota D been with Jared Allen playing well? One player does not make a unit. What a worthless statement. We would all back off you if you just admitted you were wrong and moved on.

JPP may be a decent player, but JPP certainly does not > Eagles. In fact, the entire Eagles defense as a unit >>> the Giants defense.

Bulldogs
12-24-2011, 09:19 PM
JPP may be a decent player, but JPP certainly does not > Eagles. In fact, the entire Eagles defense as a unit >>> the Giants defense.

I'm not talking about JPP > the Eagles D, because that was clearly a sarcastic statement. Just admit he's a good player.

Jvig43
12-24-2011, 09:23 PM

My god, and you asked earlier what else you were wrong about......

JPP is a ******* monster.

A Perfect Score
12-24-2011, 09:29 PM
JPP might be a Top 5 defensive end in the NFL right now based on his play this season. I've watched about 8 Giants games and he's been nigh unstoppable in every one. He's the most athletic person out there every time he steps on the field, he was running man coverage on Keller at points today. Keller runs a 4.4, in case everyone forgot.

JBCX
12-24-2011, 09:42 PM
He's a highlight reel player who gets a great sack or two due to his athleticism, height and long arms, and then plays pattycake with the OT for the rest of the snaps.

Everyone creams their pants when they see his highlights, but he's simply not effective on a consistent basis. And his sole impact in the run game is chasing plays down from the back after the RB has picked up 6-7 yards.

At this point, he's an inconsistent one-dimensional pass rusher. Kind of like a less consistent (on a per-snap basis) Jason Babin or Dwight Freeney. Not a bad player at all, but not the "monster" everyone makes him out to be and certainly not a complete DE at this point.

A Perfect Score
12-24-2011, 09:48 PM
He's a highlight reel player who gets a great sack or two due to his athleticism, height and long arms, and then plays pattycake with the OT for the rest of the snaps.

Everyone creams their pants when they see his highlights, but he's simply not effective on a consistent basis. And his sole impact in the run game is chasing plays down from the back after the RB has picked up 6-7 yards.

At this point, he's an inconsistent one-dimensional pass rusher. Kind of like a less consistent (on a per-snap basis) Jason Babin or Dwight Freeney. Not a bad player at all, but not the "monster" everyone makes him out to be and certainly not a complete DE at this point.

This is honestly one of the least true and most uninformed posts I've seen on these forums. If anything, I've been more impressed with his run-stopping and coverage then I have been with his pass rush in the times I've seen. Considering how often the Giants rotate their defensive line, it's alarming how much he impacts the game. I've seen him drop into man coverage on much smaller and faster athletes and hold his own several times. Hell, against the Eagles he tackled Shady McCoy 1 on 1 in the flats with nobody within 15 yards of him. One of the most impressive plays I've seen this season.

He's an animal against the run. He does make the occasional mental error, but it's to be expected as he's still developing. From what I can tell, he uses his hands extremely well to disengage blocks and he has some of the best pursuit instincts I've seen in the NFL this year.

Once again, you're just ******* wrong.

JBCX
12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
This is honestly one of the least true and most uninformed posts I've seen on these forums. If anything, I've been more impressed with his run-stopping and coverage then I have been with his pass rush in the times I've seen. Considering how often the Giants rotate their defensive line, it's alarming how much he impacts the game. I've seen him drop into man coverage on much smaller and faster athletes and hold his own several times. Hell, against the Eagles he tackled Shady McCoy 1 on 1 in the flats with nobody within 15 yards of him. One of the most impressive plays I've seen this season.

He's an animal against the run. He does make the occasional mental error, but it's to be expected as he's still developing. From what I can tell, he uses his hands extremely well to disengage blocks and he has some of the best pursuit instincts I've seen in the NFL this year.

Once again, you're just ******* wrong.

You're wrong because clearly you don't understand the role of 4-3 DEs in the running game. DEs are supposed to set the edge and hold up OTs to allow the linebackers to flow to the football and make tackles. Occassionally a DE will disengage from a block and make a stop in the backfield.

The large % of JPP's stops in the running game occur DOWNFIELD after he is forced to chase a RB down. This is not the goal of the 4-3 DE. JPP is constantly pushed out of running plays by OTs who use his upfield movement against him and his relative lack of anchor ability against him as well. I see it every time I watch him play. Do you remember the Dallas game in which Felix Jones had a whole bunch of rushing yards? They specifically targeted him in the running game and got chunks of yards running at him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys gash the right side of the Giant's defensive line again this coming week.

bigbluedefense
12-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Why are you allowed to make threads?

BaLLiN
12-25-2011, 03:00 AM
You're wrong because clearly you don't understand the role of 4-3 DEs in the running game. DEs are supposed to set the edge and hold up OTs to allow the linebackers to flow to the football and make tackles. Occassionally a DE will disengage from a block and make a stop in the backfield.

The large % of JPP's stops in the running game occur DOWNFIELD after he is forced to chase a RB down. This is not the goal of the 4-3 DE. JPP is constantly pushed out of running plays by OTs who use his upfield movement against him and his relative lack of anchor ability against him as well. I see it every time I watch him play. Do you remember the Dallas game in which Felix Jones had a whole bunch of rushing yards? They specifically targeted him in the running game and got chunks of yards running at him. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys gash the right side of the Giant's defensive line again this coming week.

Newsflash, not every 4-3 DE has the same assignments. This is not highschool football, its not as simple as..oh you to set the edge and you two make the tackle. This is especially true to a team that has a lack of talent and experience at linebacker. That occasional disengagement is much more uniform for JPP.

Since you clearly have the stats, please tell us. I would also like to know your exact range between normal and downfield, and WHY THE **** IT DETRACTS FROM A ******* TACKLE? I already looked at the Cowboys game, and most of Jones's yardage came from going through the middle (I know this because I was surprised he wasn't scared to do so) and one play that JPP had a mental error and let Felix get around him because he was trying to contain and make the play. Do you blame the guy for trying to compensate for his teammates? Hell no I don't, if he can do more and they are incapable of this, why limit him?

Do you remember the play that JPP played it perfectly and got a TFL against Dallas? Fool him once shame on him, trying a second time, shame on you fool.

I honestly don't know how you can possibly say Babin plays the run better, Babin is the one who is becoming one dimensional.

Rosebud
12-26-2011, 09:48 AM

The giants D has been playoff caliber with JPP :D Unlike those scrubs Babin and Trent Cole of the Eagles. God do they suck, their D is terrible and they're already eliminated from the playoffs, that's embarassing.

JBCX
12-26-2011, 10:18 AM
The giants D has been playoff caliber with JPP :D Unlike those scrubs Babin and Trent Cole of the Eagles. God do they suck, their D is terrible and they're already eliminated from the playoffs, that's embarassing.

Eli has been more playoff caliber than Vick, and Fewell has been more playoff caliber than Juan Castillo. That's what is keeping the Eagles out of the playoffs and giving the Giants a shot to make the playoffs.

Otherwise, I'd give the talent edge to the Eagles on defense, easily, and probably on offense as well, minus the QB (at least this year).

Rosebud
12-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Eli has been more playoff caliber than Vick, and Fewell has been more playoff caliber than Juan Castillo. That's what is keeping the Eagles out of the playoffs and giving the Giants a shot to make the playoffs.

Otherwise, I'd give the talent edge to the Eagles on defense, easily, and probably on offense as well, minus the QB (at least this year).

If those scrubs on the Eagles didn't suck, they'd I've made up for not having a dominant DC like Fewell.

A Perfect Score
12-26-2011, 11:29 PM
If those scrubs on the Eagles didn't suck, they'd I've made up for not having a dominant DC like Fewell.

I'm pretty shocked that the amazing Eagles defense was able to contain the soon-to-be-dominant John Beck. It's almost like they made it seem like he wasn't very good...

mqtirishfan
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Deuces.

/JBCX

Crazy_Chris
01-08-2012, 02:37 PM
n6RoOwSKI7M

Gay Ork Wang
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I am so happy right now.

CJSchneider
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Any other gems you want to drop on us there, Nostradamus?

BaLLiN
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
http://oi40.tinypic.com/2ls9mdv.jpg

yodabear
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Bye Bye J-Troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://agentnothing.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/yoda-fuckyou.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
The day of reckoning has come. I now go off on the journey to ban JBCX based on his word.

SuperPacker
01-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Will you tell us when he is officially no longer a member please!

Raiderz4Life
01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
YES!!!! WOOOOOO...me so happy...love yoda's pic

Crazy_Chris
01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Will you tell us when he is officially no longer a member please!

He has already been banned :)

Brodeur
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
rmg3wbWiO7s&start=583

Raiderz4Life
01-08-2012, 03:04 PM

yes.

Just to make sure we have undeniable proof and to rub it in a little.

SuperPacker
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
He has already been banned :)

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

http://pages.uoregon.edu/ekilgore/a1/assignment_images/excited%20copy.gif

Bulldogs
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
He'll be back under a different user name.

Brodeur
01-08-2012, 03:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mlJV5.gif
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a349/theanimal_/1298302217438.gif
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/Brodeur301/1325473931354.gif
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/Brodeur301/1324680044345.gif
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/Brodeur301/1324942597895.jpg
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/Brodeur301/1325310768176.png

BaLLiN
01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
He'll be back under a different user name.

well we'll know. All he did was make predictions that were so general with reasons that were consistent to previous seasons and post PFF info. He then took credit for the bears losing saying they were a top heavy team...which he had never mentioned as a reason EVER. He used Cutler as a reason why they wouldn't make the playoffs, but because of poor play.

Crazy_Chris
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM

yes.

Just to make sure we have undeniable proof and to rub it in a little.

I think we all owe you a huge thank you for basically baiting JBCX into making that bet.

stillma7ic
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM

NICE. (10char)

Brent
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Jbond, did you ban his IP address, too?

BaLLiN
01-08-2012, 03:25 PM
Thank you god, thank you tebow

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af205/richrichrichtherich/34sphk1.gif

Shane P. Hallam
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Jbond, did you ban his IP address, too?

No, just because he has 4, and if he comes back, that would be the only way to identify him.

BaLLiN
01-08-2012, 03:30 PM
No, just because he has 4, and if he comes back, that would be the only way to identify him.

he has 4 what?

Shane P. Hallam
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
he has 4 what?

IP Addresses

BloodBrother
01-08-2012, 03:35 PM

yes.

JBCX just got

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af205/richrichrichtherich/1Z4ei.gif

DBNYDP
01-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead.

Brent
01-08-2012, 03:49 PM
IP Addresses
http://troll.me/images/x-all-the-things/ban-them-all-thumb.jpg

Hurricanes25
01-08-2012, 03:56 PM
One troll who I definitely won't miss.

Rosebud
01-08-2012, 04:00 PM
JPP outsucked the Falcons today. Thank god the Eagles aren't being embarrassed by having to play against scrubs like this.

Jvig43
01-08-2012, 04:58 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ai5462IaAAg/TtqbMMCPA6I/AAAAAAAAAM8/PI2o4nXEFtw/happy_batman.png

Brothgar
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/cute-puppy-pictures-okay-lady-love-you-buh-bye.jpg

The Alex
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
So, book it: Neither the Bears nor the Giants will win a single playoff game this year, and one or maybe even both teams will fail to even *make* the playoffs.

yes.

This is you right now:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2j0ldol.jpg

This is us:

http://i44.tinypic.com/sy1ny8.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/9gbvd2.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qxq5fq.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ry6fd3.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ds3jo5.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nm0wb6.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/ajxbet.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2hy802f.jpg

http://i32.tinypic.com/15gbqr.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/15nveqp.jpg

Da-Phins
01-09-2012, 09:53 AM
About ******* time this idiot is gone. This forum has just become alot better.

BaLLiN
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
It still feels so good :)

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Are Giants fans happier to win the game or be rid of JCBX... srs question.

Giantsfan1080
01-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Win the game. I never took him seriously but he was just so annoying spouting off information that was so inaccurate.

BaLLiN
01-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Are Giants fans happier to win the game or be rid of JCBX... srs question.

It's a tie :)

BradysKnee
01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
http://kevinmartineau.ca/wp-content/uploads/Why-celebrate.jpg

BloodBrother
01-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Goodnight, sweet prince

DraftSavant
01-23-2012, 01:47 AM

lol

Rosebud
01-23-2012, 01:57 AM
On behalf of giants fan everywhere I want to thank JBCX for giving them that extra little doubt that the team needed to really kick it into gear. I wonder if he's killed himself yet?

MetSox17
01-23-2012, 02:07 AM
I wonder what different name he has used to come back already.

BaLLiN
02-05-2012, 09:50 PM
http://www.nashvillescene.com/binary/941a/EatCrow.jpg

MetSox17
02-05-2012, 09:51 PM
No one else is ever allowed to make predictions against our division rivals. **** you jbcx. I hope you're rotting away in whatever dimension of internet hell you've been cursed into.

DraftSavant
02-05-2012, 11:58 PM
HOF thread plzkthnxbai

Brothgar
02-06-2012, 01:10 AM
92NQjMXB19w

Borat
02-06-2012, 02:41 AM
I went back to quote some posts, but there are seriously like 50 that I could bump.

Best. Thread. Ever.

bearsfan_51
02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Yes, we Bears fans sure showed him!

Job Reborn
02-06-2012, 09:13 AM
I wonder what different name he has used to come back already.

Maybe Jimmy.

Nalej
02-06-2012, 11:35 AM
I hope he comes back and says the same **** about the Patriots. We need some luck!

The Alex
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
So the short answer here is that I predict that the Giants will miss the playoffs for the *third* straight year.

http://i39.tinypic.com/b7kmr7.jpg