PDA

View Full Version : Week 16 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 12:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OWao0.jpg

I love this setup. All the games on Saturday should make Christmas eve go a little faster.

The early games look a little rough...the Battle of NY looks like the best one. I'll probably be stuck with Pittsburgh/St. Louis though...ugh.

All 3 of the afternoon games have playoff implications. I assume Dallas/Philly will be the nationally broadcast one unless you're in the market of one of the other teams.

And then I get to end my Christmas day pondering what could have been in that Bears/Packers game....sigh. Hopefully I get some good liquor for Christmas again this year.

Another interesting thing is to look ahead at the week 17 games to see which one might get flexed to Sunday night that week. The league likes to flex the one with the biggest playoff implications.

Dallas/NYG is almost certainly it, unless the Giants lose this week and the Cowboys win. Other than that, Arizona/Seattle if they could make the playoffs is an option, as are the AFC West matchups if that division isn't decided yet. (All the teams are still alive for the division title.)

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2011, 12:18 PM
The NFL has up to 6 days before to flex the Week 17 game.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 12:20 PM
The NFL has up to 6 days before to flex the Week 17 game.

I know. I'm just speculating based on what may happen this week.

As long as the Giants and Cowboys are both still alive for the division, that WILL BE the week 17 SNF game.

The NFC East decided by a one game play in....the sports shows will be balls deep in that story. If they could somehow work in Tebow, they'd have the greatest story ever on their hands.

jrdrylie
12-20-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm actually getting some decent games on Christmas Eve. Early games I get Jacksonville-Tennessee and the New York Game. In the late games I get Cowboys-Eagles. I'm not watching the Sunday night game if Hanie is starting again. I just can't sit through another game of his.

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2011, 12:30 PM

As long as the Giants and Cowboys are both still alive for the division, that WILL BE the week 17 SNF game.

The NFC East decided by a one game play in....the sports shows will be balls deep in that story. If they could somehow work in Tebow, they'd have the greatest story ever on their hands.

As a season ticket holder I hope that's not the game even though it will be if we win Saturday. The Packers/Lions would have had a shot also but the Pack had to go and lose.

Jughead10
12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
As a season ticket holder I hope that's not the game even though it will be if we win Saturday. The Packers/Lions would have had a shot also but the Pack had to go and lose.

You get season tickets and you instantly become like one of the season ticket holder we've complained about for years? You're off Monday right? What do you care?

gpngc
12-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Clink is going to be ROCKING for Seahawks-49ers.

Giantsfan1080
12-20-2011, 12:40 PM
You get season tickets and you instantly become like one of the season ticket holder we've complained about for years? You're off Monday right? What do you care?

Haha true but I meant more because the "wait" for the game would be to suspenseful. The build up always gets to me.

MidwayMonster31
12-20-2011, 12:44 PM

The NFC East decided by a one game play in....the sports shows will be balls deep in that story. If they could somehow work in Tebow, they'd have the greatest story ever on their hands.Has NBC ever had the same teams play each other twice in the same year since getting football back? It might have happened in the playoffs.

JBCX
12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
What happens if the Jets beat the Giants and the Eagles beat the Cowboys this week?

How will the NFL flex the Week 17 games then? At that point, the Redskins-Eagles games AND the Giants-Cowboys games become important. If the Eagles beat the Redskins, then the Giants can only act as spoiler for the Cowboys in Week 17.

jth1331
12-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Denver Broncos clinch at least a playoff berth with a win and losses by the Jets, Bengals and Titans. They clinch the division with a win and Oakland loss.

Jughead10
12-20-2011, 01:17 PM
What happens if the Jets beat the Giants and the Eagles beat the Cowboys this week?

How will the NFL flex the Week 17 games then? At that point, the Redskins-Eagles games AND the Giants-Cowboys games become important. If the Eagles beat the Redskins, then the Giants can only act as spoiler for the Cowboys in Week 17.

If that happens, I think the NFL would want to keep the games at the same time to insure the get maximum competition.

In an ideal world all games would be played at the same time on the final day of the season to insure this. So no one would know the outcome of any other game.

MetSox17
12-20-2011, 01:47 PM
I hope the Jets do us a favor and curbstomp the Giants so we don't have to gamble the division @NYG week 17. Obviously we still need to beat the Eagles, who are playing well right now, but at least we're home. Ahhh this **** is frightening.

Bengals78
12-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Probably going to the Bengals/Cards game

diabsoule
12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Filed to ESPNChicago.com: Veteran QB Josh McCown gets the first crack to start vs. Green Bay, per league sources. JD

Brent
12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Filed to ESPNChicago.com: Veteran QB Josh McCown gets the first crack to start vs. Green Bay, per league sources. JD
Hah, have fun with that Dolph Lundgren-lookalike!

Ness
12-20-2011, 03:24 PM

A little too late Chicago. Should have called up Bulger and begged for him to come out of retirement weeks ago.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
I've become numb to this season or else that decision would bother me.

A Josh McCown mention does, however, give me reason to post this and smile:

a_QzwbZJyFg

The best part is that wouldn't be a TD nowadays since there's no longer a pushout rule. The Vikings wouldn't be screwed.

DoughBoy
12-20-2011, 03:28 PM
I feel bad for those that have to watch the Gabbert vs. crippled Hasselback bowl.

Babylon
12-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Clink is going to be ROCKING for Seahawks-49ers.

It's always loud there no matter what the game is but on Xmas eve it should be especially nuts. If Detroit loses and the Hawks win it's going to get really interesting, that is a tall order.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I feel bad for those that have to watch the Gabbert vs. crippled Hasselback bowl.

Why don't the Titans just roll with Locker? Fear of pissing Hasselbeck off so that he'll demand a trade in the offseason? So what. Roll with Locker.

DoughBoy
12-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Why don't the Titans just roll with Locker? Fear of pissing Hasselbeck off so that he'll demand a trade in the offseason? So what. Roll with Locker.

Read TitanHope's post in the Titans forum. Pretty much sums it up. I don't like it either, but he is right.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Read TitanHope's post in the Titans forum. Pretty much sums it up. I don't like it either, but he is right.

No link to it? Making me do work? Lame Doughie.

DoughBoy
12-20-2011, 03:34 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2795400&#post2795400

Here ya go old man.

Ness
12-20-2011, 03:37 PM
I've become numb to this season or else that decision would bother me.

A Josh McCown mention does, however, give me reason to post this and smile:

a_QzwbZJyFg

The best part is that wouldn't be a TD nowadays since there's no longer a pushout rule. The Vikings wouldn't be screwed.

I love Paul Allen and his heartbreaking calls.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 03:40 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2795400&#post2795400

Here ya go old man.

Be careful, you'll be my age someday...in like 2 years...

Basically it's a longer-winded version of what I was getting at. They don't want to piss Hasselbeck off by benching him.

It'd be a tough spot, but considering you're hardly out of the playoff hunt, I'd go with Locker who gives you the better chance to win the game. He adds a bit more pop to the offense.

If you win out and the Jets and Bengals each lose one, you're in. And your games are more winnable than what those two are facing.

Get to the playoffs and you never know what will happen. But the key is that you have to get there first. Can't win the Superbowl from your couch.

I love Paul Allen and his heartbreaking calls.

I picture him on his knees with his fists clenched against his temples as he screams "NOOOOO NOOOOO"

ATLDirtyBirds
12-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Saints game should be entertaining, always is.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Saints game should be entertaining, always is.

The Saints are beastly at home and Brees is on a roll. I don't know that you'll be able to keep up with that show.

jrdrylie
12-20-2011, 04:04 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'm actually going to watch this game. If the Bears lose this game (which is pretty likely, Green Bay's backups could beat us), they will be out of the playoffs and I hope Enderle gets the start in the final game.

BeerBaron
12-20-2011, 04:06 PM
No one panic! Herb Taylor is on his way to the Packers rescue:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/20/packers-begin-line-dance-by-signing-herb-taylor/

ATLDirtyBirds
12-20-2011, 04:07 PM
The Saints are beastly at home and Brees is on a roll. I don't know that you'll be able to keep up with that show.

We will probably lose. Thank god we are playing TB week 17. But there was some ridiculous stat last meeting about how our games with NO always end up being within 3 points, and I'd expect the game to be close, with us coming up short, as per the usual. But a competitive national TV game? I almost don't believe it.

jrdrylie
12-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Be careful, you'll be my age someday...in like 2 years...

Basically it's a longer-winded version of what I was getting at. They don't want to piss Hasselbeck off by benching him.

It'd be a tough spot, but considering you're hardly out of the playoff hunt, I'd go with Locker who gives you the better chance to win the game. He adds a bit more pop to the offense.

If you win out and the Jets and Bengals each lose one, you're in. And your games are more winnable than what those two are facing.

Get to the playoffs and you never know what will happen. But the key is that you have to get there first. Can't win the Superbowl from your couch.

I picture him on his knees with his fists clenched against his temples as he screams "NOOOOO NOOOOO"

Why would they care if they piss off Hasselbeck? Locker is the future and he'll be the starter next year. Just start the future now, especially because Locker obviously give you the best chance to win and you are still in the playoff hunt. Not starting Locker was a moronic choice.

No one panic! Herb Taylor is on his way to the Packers rescue:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/20/packers-begin-line-dance-by-signing-herb-taylor/

I have no idea who the **** Herb Taylor is but I bet he could start for the Bears.

M.O.T.H.
12-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Dallas/NYG is almost certainly it, unless the Giants lose this week and the Cowboys win.

I wouldnt say it's almost a certainty to come down to that last Giants/Cowboys game at all. The Jets have just as much to fight for as the Giants and Dallas will in no way perform like they did in the first Cowboys/Eagles meeting.

The Giants are no lock against the Jets. Personally, I'd still favor NYG, but it's no certainty, at least.

Jets better show the hell up.

Babylon
12-20-2011, 04:23 PM

I think it's part that and part they want to protect Locker, at least for this year. They look at him as a little rough around the edges but as you and others point out he gives them the best chance to win. In hindsight i think he would have been more ready than a couple of others who have been thrown to the wolves, Gabbert and Ponder.

Bulldogs
12-20-2011, 04:26 PM
I love what the Titans are doing with Jake Locker. Don't throw in to the wolves, he's getting some spot time and has looked great thus far. Next year he will take over and by that time he will have a much better understanding of the offense. Good move IMO. Not that it would have helped Gabbert, but Jacksonville should have done that same with him. Now he'll never be able in hang in the pocket.

DoughBoy
12-20-2011, 05:22 PM
I love what the Titans are doing with Jake Locker. Don't throw in to the wolves, he's getting some spot time and has looked great thus far. Next year he will take over and by that time he will have a much better understanding of the offense. Good move IMO. Not that it would have helped Gabbert, but Jacksonville should have done that same with him. Now he'll never be able in hang in the pocket.

Yep, and he will have a healthy Kenny Britt back (along with Nate Washington who is playing on a bum ankle).

Babylon
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Yep, and he will have a healthy Kenny Britt back (along with Nate Washington who is playing on a bum ankle).

They might have gone to Locker sooner had they had Britt healthy. As it is his receiving corps is just ok without him, in my opinion.

DoughBoy
12-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Why would they care if they piss off Hasselbeck? Locker is the future and he'll be the starter next year. Just start the future now, especially because Locker obviously give you the best chance to win and you are still in the playoff hunt. Not starting Locker was a moronic choice.

I have no idea who the **** Herb Taylor is but I bet he could start for the Bears.

Because Jake Locker is a high injury risk, and if Hass isn't back it means our back-up QB is ...*gulp* .....Crusty Rusty.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/rusty_smith.jpg

Nobody wants that. Nobody.

Brent
12-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Rusty.

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/rusty_smith.jpg
since when did a Keebler elf become your backup QB?

Flyboy
12-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I cannot wait for Monday Night Football. Against division rivals, Falcons, for the NFC South Title on the line. Should be a great one.. the Falcons always play us tough though so by no means do I expect a blowout victory. Limiting our mistakes and containing Turner will be huge for us; our run defense has improved tremendously and that started first with the meeting in Atlanta.

RCAChainGang
12-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I hope the Jets do us a favor and curbstomp the Giants so we don't have to gamble the division @NYG week 17. Obviously we still need to beat the Eagles, who are playing well right now, but at least we're home. Ahhh this **** is frightening.

I just want Tony to shut up everyone and go win the big one.

Hines
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I hope Ben doesn't play these next two weeks.

BradysKnee
12-20-2011, 08:42 PM
I hope Ben doesn't play these next two weeks.

He shouldn't have played last night. I've had a severe high ankle sprain and I can tell you that **** is serious. I don't know how he played with it at all, I could not walk more than a few steps with the pain a few hours after doing it in a game.

scottyboy
12-20-2011, 08:44 PM
i just want the giants to face **** the hell out of the jets

gpngc
12-20-2011, 08:52 PM
It's always loud there no matter what the game is but on Xmas eve it should be especially nuts. If Detroit loses and the Hawks win it's going to get really interesting, that is a tall order.

That's all we can hope for. That DET loses at 1 PM and we are still alive.

There are two weird scenarios that would get us in even if DET gets to 10 wins. Both involve:

1 - we win both games.
2- ATL loses both
3 - it works out that we are in a 3-way tie with DAL and ATL OR a 3-way tie with NYG and ATL for the final wild card spot. We get the tiebreaker if either of those groups of three teams finish 9-7.

ATL is @NO and then home vs TB (spoiler, eh, maybe but extremely doubtful if ATL is playing at home for a ******* playoff spot).

So our best chance is for DET to lose both. And here's what sucks (besides OAK blowing the lead and the non-call on Webb the week before):

Green Bay will have NOTHING to play for (except to just **** with DET and knock them out just to be dicks - which teams HAVE done) in Week 17. It's pretty much impossible, but we should be rooting for CHICAGO to upset GB this week, because that would mean W17 would mean something to GB. It sucks that by beating SF this week, we'd essentially lock up homefield for GB, making the W17 DET-GB matchup meaningless. Maybe they'll play hard to return that favor? lol. And that only comes into play IF red-hot San Diego can win IN Detroit.

tldr - The Chiefs beating the Packers may have screwed us.

In any case, I'd love to beat SF.

Hines
12-20-2011, 08:57 PM
He shouldn't have played last night. I've had a severe high ankle sprain and I can tell you that **** is serious. I don't know how he played with it at all, I could not walk more than a few steps with the pain a few hours after doing it in a game.

In hindsight, he shouldn't have. I understand why he did, though.

gpngc
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
i just want the giants to face **** the hell out of the jets

I think I like the Jets. I think they match up well against the Giants.

TEs KILL the Jets and the Giants don't really have one.

Revis can handle Nicks (he'll still get his, but won't dominate like he has recently - aside from last week).

The Giants haven't been able to stop the run recently and lately Shonn Greene actually doesn't look like Shawn Kemp during his Cavs years and is running OK.

No LT can matchup with JPP, but Brick is as good as you are going to get.

Wayne Hunter sucks dick, but Tuck has clearly been bothered by injury all year and may not capitalize.

Much of the issues Sanchez has had this season have been simply because his receivers get NO separation. For whatever reason, the talented players in the Giants secondary have been one of the easiest groups to get open against. And besides Boley, neither can the linebackers (Keller).

Plus, this is the time of year/type of game Rex's Jets usually come out and play well in and Coughlin's Giants usually come out and suck up (at least the past two or three years).

As a New Yorker, I HATE that this game is on Xmas Eve. Had it been a normal Sunday, everyone would have been going nuts focusing on it, going out, bars would be insane, treating it like a Super Bowl, talking trash. This weekend it is secondary to Christmas, which sucks.

Ness
12-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I cannot wait for Monday Night Football. Against division rivals, Falcons, for the NFC South Title on the line. Should be a great one.. the Falcons always play us tough though so by no means do I expect a blowout victory. Limiting our mistakes and containing Turner will be huge for us; our run defense has improved tremendously and that started first with the meeting in Atlanta.

I'll definitely be looking at that game. Hate to say it, but I'll be rooting for the Falcons for obvious reasons. Hopefully after a win against the Seahawks. I need my team to get that bye week.

scottyboy
12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
idk, I feel the Giants match up well because I'm not afraid at all of the jets offense and I feel bradshaw will go off and that you're going to have a **** ton of trouble with Manningham and Cruz. With Ballard out I'm a little nervous though.

Ness
12-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Check this out. Alex Smith's statistics at 11-3:

QB record: 11-3.
Passing yards: 2752
Completion Percentage: 61.4
Yards Per Game: 196.6
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 16/5
Yards per attempt: 7.1
Sacked: 39 times

Another quarterback at 11-3 at one point in time during their first year starting who is now one of the best in the league:

Passing yards: 2843
Completion Percentage: 63.9
Yards Per Game: 189.5
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 18/12
Yards per attempt: 6.9
Sacked: 41 times

Guess who the other quarterback is.

No this doesn't mean they are on the same level obviously. One is having modest success in their first year in a new system and in the other sceneario at one point in time, the other quarterback is in his first year starting in a system that he'll come to being very comfortable with.

Just thought it was interesting.

49erNation85
12-20-2011, 11:06 PM
**** I don't care about A.Smith numbers he still sucks. We need some one who is faster and has a bigger arm. I hope CK steals his job next year.

OzTitan
12-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Munchak appears every bit as stubborn when it comes to following plans as Fisher was. The plan is to play Matt H unless he is too hurt to go, for the sake of Locker's development. Plus I'm thinking maybe there is a bit of an agreement between Matt and the coaches that if you go out of your way to be a mentor to Jake, you'll be our starter for at least 2011.

OzTitan
12-20-2011, 11:10 PM
God, not another Alex Smith stats vs Quarterback X stats wank fest.

DoughBoy
12-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Is the other QB John Skelton?

GaMeTiMe
12-20-2011, 11:16 PM
It's probably Big Ben

Ness
12-20-2011, 11:34 PM
**** I don't care about A.Smith numbers he still sucks. We need some one who is faster and has a bigger arm. I hope CK steals his job next year.

Bigger arm doesn't mean more success. You should know this as a 49ers fan.

fenikz
12-20-2011, 11:39 PM
having to compare a 7 year vet to a 1st time starter says enough

Brodeur
12-20-2011, 11:47 PM

Another quarterback at 11-3 at one point in time during their first year starting who is now one of the best in the league:

No this doesn't mean they are on the same level obviously. One is having modest success in their first year in a new system and in the other sceneario at one point in time, the other quarterback is in his first year starting in a system that he'll come to being very comfortable with.

I'm gonna go with Spergon Wynn.

Ness
12-20-2011, 11:49 PM
It's probably Big Ben

No, but that's also interesting. His rookie year stats:

QB record: 13-0.
Passing yards: 2621
Completion Percentage: 66.4
Yards Per Game: 187.2
Touchdowns/Interceptions: 17/11
Yards per attempt: 8.9
Sacked: 30 times

Not that many yards per game, which didn't go over 200 until his third year. He was more of a game manager back then, but the Steelers were still good on third downs and his YPA was great.

Ness
12-20-2011, 11:57 PM
having to compare a 7 year vet to a 1st time starter says enough
Yeah because players never improve. Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, Rich Gannon, those guys were smoking secondaries their first seven years right?

You can think of this as Alex's first true year though with a good coordinator. Or rather, a person that knows how to develop him.

Ness
12-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Oh and the first quarterback I was comparing stats to was Tom Brady. That was his first season starting.

*Que the first moron to take my post out of context with the "OMG YOURRR COMPARING SMITH TO BRADY FAILLLLLLZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!"

Brodeur
12-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh and the first quarterback I was comparing stats to was Tom Brady. That was his first season starting.

*Que the first moron to take my post out of context with the "OMG YOURRR COMPARING SMITH TO BRADY FAILLLLLLZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!"

So you're saying I was close with Spergon Wynn?

Ness
12-21-2011, 12:40 AM
So you're saying I was close with Spergon Wynn?

Oh yes that is exactly what I was saying. Obviously.

fenikz
12-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Trying to sell yourself on Alex Smith being a franchise QB? I don't see the point of the comparison

In Tom Brady's 7th year as a starter he went 16-0 with 4608 yards, 50 TD and 8 INT

RCAChainGang
12-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Yeah if you aren't comparing them then what the hell are you saying? I'm not seeing the writing on the wall. Just state your opinion balls out. Stop this cheeky nonsense.

Brent
12-21-2011, 08:49 AM
ENOUGH with Alex ******* Smith. All that we could possibly discuss has been discussed. My fellow 49ers fans need to just shut the hell up about it. He's the QB, you cannot change that and all the blabbering in the world isn't going to change that, unless you somehow influence the decisions of Jim ******* Harbaugh. No, he's not exceptional, but he's not playing awful. Can't people just ******* move on to something else? Like how could Parys Haralson possibly offer more than Aldon Smith at this point, because I watched Parys get completely passed by the RB on Monday at least twice while he was completely frozen.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Aldon Smith is quite a beast. Between he, Bowman and Willis you have 3/4 of a hell of a good 3-4 LB corps.

jth1331
12-21-2011, 09:19 AM

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r100/frozentrall/181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

JBCX
12-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Aldon Smith is quite a beast. Between he, Bowman and Willis you have 3/4 of a hell of a good 3-4 LB corps.

It's been widely recognized that they have a top 5, if not a top 3, front seven in the NFL.

Greg Cosell constantly claims that on his weekly podcasts, and he watches more All-22 game tape than anyone who isn't a coach.

I mean, Bowman and Willis are clearly the best 3-4 ILB duo in the league, and if Aldon Smith develops into a DeMarcus Ware (which is very likely), then they probably do have the best set of 3-4 LBs, at the very least.

Brent
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Ahmad Brooks is actually playing pretty well, he's been quite the pick up for being completely cast out by the Bengals a couple years back.

diabsoule
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Trying to sell yourself on Alex Smith being a franchise QB? I don't see the point of the comparison

In Tom Brady's 7th year as a starter he went 16-0 with 4608 yards, 50 TD and 8 INT

Just wait til Alex Smith is in his 7th year under Harbaugh! He's gonna set fire to all you bitches and to all those records by that ***** Tom Brady!!!

ALEX SMITH FOREVERS!!!!!

DraftSavant
12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
It's been widely recognized that they have a top 5, if not a top 3, front seven in the NFL.

Greg Cosell constantly claims that on his weekly podcasts, and he watches more All-22 game tape than anyone who isn't a coach.

I mean, Bowman and Willis are clearly the best 3-4 ILB duo in the league, and if Aldon Smith develops into a DeMarcus Ware (which is very likely), then they probably do have the best set of 3-4 LBs, at the very least.

I think it's the best front 7, and nobody else is really that close. Ray McDonald and Justin Smith are so, so, so underappreciated by fans and the national media.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 11:28 AM
It's hard to think of a better overall front 7.

The Giants d-line has some epic talent that is being misused this season, but their linebacker situation is rather awful.

The Ravens with Ngata (one of the best players in the sport period,) Suggs and Lewis is pretty good. Cody could continue to develop into a hell of a NT.

The Steelers is still pretty good, though many parts of it are getting older/more injured.

Yeah, there really just are not any as solid overall as the 49ers front 7.

gpngc
12-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Red Bryant - Brandon Mebane - Alan Branch - Chris Clemons

K.J. Wright - David Hawthorne - LeRoy Hill

Not as good as San Fran's, but right there. Top-end run defense.

And when you factor in Kam or Earl as the 8th man in the box....

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
"Not as good as San Fran's" is the key phrase right there.

bantx
12-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Alex Smith and Tom Brady comparison :\

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Alex Smith and Tom Brady comparison :\

I'm hoping that topic just dies off....

I'm going to lose my **** if I have to post the 15 or so QBs I'd rather have than Alex Smith for a 3rd time only to have it ignored in a display of illogical, fanatic homerism while someone posts "Player A vs Player B" stats. You've got a hell of a weak argument if that's all you have to throw at me.

Hines
12-21-2011, 11:37 AM
James Harrison might get fined again and he didn't even play. He's potentially getting fined for tweeting during the game Monday when he wasn't even in San Fran.....I hate Goddell so much.

bantx
12-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Goodell treating players like they're his middle school students

Hines
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM

I guess he could get suspended too. Not sure I believe that part, but it's still ridiculous.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 11:43 AM

Sadly, this may be the best way to do it. While you do have your thinking, intelligent players, too many have gotten by on their athleticism their entire lives and never bothered to learn how to be a functioning human being.

Hines
12-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Big Ben might sit out the rest of the regular season. Good.

Ness
12-21-2011, 11:49 AM

No. I'm just saying that fantasy football stats aren't the end all be all for good quarterback play. Tom Brady's 7th year has nothing to do with it. He was good with the stats of his first year. Or rather, productive.

jrdrylie
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
James Harrison might get fined again and he didn't even play. He's potentially getting fined for tweeting during the game Monday when he wasn't even in San Fran.....I hate Goddell so much.

Is Ryan Clark going to get fined for saying that the power outage in San Francisco was on purpose as a ploy to convince the NFL to chip in for a new stadium there?

Ness
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r100/frozentrall/181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

Oh yes. Posting internet wisecrack memes via imaging. The ultimate cop-out to online debating.

Ness
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM
I think it's the best front 7, and nobody else is really that close. Ray McDonald and Justin Smith are so, so, so underappreciated by fans and the national media.

Pro Football Focus has Justin Smith and Ray McDonald as their top two defensive ends. Interesting.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 11:57 AM
No one ever mention Pro Football Focus anywhere near me again.

Is that best pair anywhere in the league? Because I'll take some combination of the Giants Tuck/Osi/JPP over that pair.

Is that who they have as their top 2 DEs overall? Because ha...false.

Is that the best pair of 3-4 ends? Because that I might agree with.

Hines
12-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Is Ryan Clark going to get fined for saying that the power outage in San Francisco was on purpose as a ploy to convince the NFL to chip in for a new stadium there?

I doubt that. Maybe, but I haven't heard anything.

Giantsfan1080
12-21-2011, 12:17 PM
No one ever mention Pro Football Focus anywhere near me again.

Is that best pair anywhere in the league? Because I'll take some combination of the Giants Tuck/Osi/JPP over that pair.

Is that who they have as their top 2 DEs overall? Because ha...false.

Is that the best pair of 3-4 ends? Because that I might agree with.

Not this year. Tuck has been a shell of himself and when Osi has played he hasn't been as good in the past. JPP is a beast though.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Not this year. Tuck has been a shell of himself and when Osi has played he hasn't been as good in the past. JPP is a beast though.

Eh, banged up. And the bad scheme. Get them healthy and play more aggressive and they'll be back to destroying people.

JBCX
12-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Big Ben might sit out the rest of the regular season. Good.

As a Steeler fan, you're satisfied with the #5 seed?

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 12:24 PM

They tried him on Monday night and you saw the result. He was too banged up to help the team.

The Steelers should have no problem with St. Louis or Cleveland with Batch at QB. At this point, just beat the opponents in front of you and don't worry about the seeding.

Having a healthier Ben as the 5 seed is still preferable to losing him to worsened injury trying for that bye week without controlling your own destiny.

I fully endorse and understand what the Steelers are doing.

DraftSavant
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM

They won the Superbowl as a 6 seed. The Giants and Packers have also recently won the Superbowl as wildcard teams.

Giantsfan1080
12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Eh, banged up. And the bad scheme. Get them healthy and play more aggressive and they'll be back to destroying people.

I don't think Osi will be back next year. Tuck needs to get healthy big time. With a new DC in place it'll be hard to find a better 4-3 combo of Tuck/JPP.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't think Osi will be back next year. Tuck needs to get healthy big time. With a new DC in place it'll be hard to find a better 4-3 combo of Tuck/JPP.

And let's not forget Kiwi who, with some common sense applied, will be a 3rd pass rusher instead of a stand up OLB in a cover 2....

Ness
12-21-2011, 12:54 PM

Sure. Just don't ask them to stop the run.

BeerBaron
12-21-2011, 12:57 PM

You say this like they're Freeney and Mathis. Tuck is a hell of a well rounded DE when fully healthy and JPP is only getting better by the game. He's completely blown my expectations away.

DraftSavant
12-21-2011, 12:58 PM

They need a thumper MIKE like Pierce again in the worst way.

Ness
12-21-2011, 01:10 PM
By the way, Derrick Mason was released a few days ago. I know it's not big news, but I'm just curious...I believe he is the last member of the Oilers franchise to have played right? I think when he came into the league though the franchise had already moved to Tennessee, but it was still called the "Oilers".

Anyways, thought that was interesting. I'm guessing he retires at this point. I think the Texans replaced him with Bryant Johnson. Remember him?

Babylon
12-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Not sure if Justin Smith is underappreciated by fans at all (at least the ones that know anything). His push the other night really opened things up for Aldon to make a ton of big plays. Justin Smith this year looks like the best 3-4 DE in the league.

Ness
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
You say this like they're Freeney and Mathis. Tuck is a hell of a well rounded DE when fully healthy and JPP is only getting better by the game. He's completely blown my expectations away.

Well I'm not going to play the "if he was fully healthy" game. The fact is they either aren't fully healthy and/or they just aren't producing. Smith and McDonald are.

If my aunt had balls she'd by my uncle.

Jughead10
12-21-2011, 01:18 PM
JPP stops the run really well as well. We just have crap LBers and our DTs leave plenty of room for improvement.

Brent
12-21-2011, 01:20 PM
ignored in a display of illogical, fanatic homerism while someone posts "Player A vs Player B" stats.
Please don't lump me in with fanatics. Additionally, Ness shouldn't be in that category, either. He's probably the biggest A. Smith critic on the forum who isn't a troll.

Back to Aldon Smith/Justin Smith, that stunt they kept going to against the right side of that line was unstoppable. I mean, really, seven QB hits by Aldon Smith... SEVEN!

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Well I'm not going to play the "if he was fully healthy" game. The fact is they either aren't fully healthy and/or they just aren't producing. Smith and McDonald are.

If my aunt had balls she'd by my uncle.

you say really not smart things a lot regarding the niners in this thread.

also, the seahawks aren't even the 2nd best front 7 in their division. Give me the Cards front 7 over the Hawks

DraftSavant
12-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Please don't lump me in with fanatics. Additionally, Ness shouldn't be in that category, either. He's probably the biggest A. Smith critic on the forum who isn't a troll.

Back to Aldon Smith/Justin Smith, that stunt they kept going to against the right side of that line was unstoppable. I mean, really, seven QB hits by Aldon Smith... SEVEN!

They've been ******* teams up with that ET stunt all year long.

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 01:23 PM

The smith duo is filthy. I've always loved Justin and Aldon has blown me away thus far. Wasn't a big fan of his in the draft but he's proved me wrong.

Speaking of DE's who've proved me wrong, JPP is an animal. And if I here someone seriously say he can't stop the run, I'm kicking them in the throat via the internet for their ignorance.

Osi is the DE that can't stop the run. I don't know why people lump in our other DE's with him

DraftSavant
12-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Osi (a lot of the NYG team, it seems) seems to be a lazy, content vet going through the motions for a paycheck.

Some team is going to throw one last fat deal at him and get Hugh Douglas'd.

Ness
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM

also, the seahawks aren't even the 2nd best front 7 in their division. Give me the Cards front 7 over the Hawks

You're hilarious.

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 01:30 PM
You're hilarious.

someone didn't catch my ****** grammar as dropping funny irony. oh well.

and yeah, Osi's checked out. physically, mentally,everything. It's sad. he used to be my favorite player and now, I'm not sure we'll ever see him take a snap in a Giants uni again

Hines
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM

They tried him on Monday night and you saw the result. He was too banged up to help the team.

The Steelers should have no problem with St. Louis or Cleveland with Batch at QB. At this point, just beat the opponents in front of you and don't worry about the seeding.

Having a healthier Ben as the 5 seed is still preferable to losing him to worsened injury trying for that bye week without controlling your own destiny.

I fully endorse and understand what the Steelers are doing.

They won the Superbowl as a 6 seed. The Giants and Packers have also recently won the Superbowl as wildcard teams.

Yes I am happy about it. In hindsight, he shouldn't have played Monday, but I agree and support on why he did. If they would have won Monday, I think and would have endorsed he sit these next two games. Only way I could possibly see Ben playing in the regular season again is if Baltimore slips up again, which is very unlikey.

With all this being said, Ben laughed off and said he hasn't been told anything and that he's playing. Granted it could be smokescreen, but I hope he sits and gets healthy. A healthy Ben would have made a lot more plays on Monday than he did. He looked very bad out there.

Also, the Steelers are just as good as anyone in the league. I'd rather have them be full healthy come playoff time and ready to go than to have someone hurt Ben even more and we have to roll with Batch in the playoffs.

Ness
12-21-2011, 02:02 PM
someone didn't catch my ****** grammar as dropping funny irony. oh well.

Yeah that didn't work out for you so well man.

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Yeah that didn't work out for you so well man.

because you weren't clever enough to catch my wittiness? oh well.

I'm still waiting for you to actually explain saying how Tuck and JPP get run all over.

Giantsfan1080
12-21-2011, 02:06 PM
JPP has an insane amount of tackles for a DE because he does stop the run really well and hustles his ass of to get the RB and the next level.

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
JPP has an insane amount of tackles for a DE because he does stop the run really well and hustles his ass of to get the RB and the next level.

but Ness told us not to ask him to stop the run, so we must be wrong.

Ness
12-21-2011, 02:57 PM
because you weren't clever enough to catch my wittiness? oh well.

I'm still waiting for you to actually explain saying how Tuck and JPP get run all over.

Yeah I'm the one that wasn't clever enough. Sure dude.

Giant's don't stop the run that well as a unit. Especially compared to San Francisico up front on the line. Which is why they rank 23rd in yards per rushing attempt given up compared to San Francisco coming in at first. Which is why I wouldn't take them over Smith and McDonald at the moment like BeerBaron was suggesting. I didn't single out JPP. I said "them".

Jughead10
12-21-2011, 03:03 PM

Giant's don't stop the run that well as a unit. Especially compared to San Francisico up front on the line. Which is why I wouldn't take them over Smith and McDonald at the moment like BeerBaron was suggesting. I didn't single out JPP. I said "them".

You don't think the fact that you have 3 great LBers and we don't have a single one has anything to do with it? Or the fact that we basically play nickel all the time because we'd rather have an extra safety on the field than a 3rd crap LBer?

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Giant's don't stop the run that well as a unit. Especially compared to San Francisico up front on the line. Which is why they rank 23rd in yards per rushing attempt given up compared to San Francisco coming in at first. Which is why I wouldn't take them over Smith and McDonald at the moment like BeerBaron was suggesting. I didn't single out JPP. I said "them".

Did you not know that jpp is a large fraction of "them"? Interesting. And tuck is only known for his run stopping. And de's are the sole factors in rush d. Christ.
And giant's? Yep, you're just too damn smart and clever for us

CC.SD
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM
For the record if i was an OC playing the 9ers in these last two weeks i would not call a single goal line pass. someone has got to score a rushing TD on these guys. w.t.f.

XxXdragonXxX
12-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Did I miss the Seahawks mention?

Are you talking run stopping, pass rushing or overall? If it's run-stopping I'm taking Seattle and it's not really close. If we're talking pass rushing I'm taking Arizona and that's not close either.

The Seahawks generate very little pass rush. Clemons is really good, but he's the only rusher you have to watch. The top 15 pass defense can be attributed to one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

As far as defending the run goes, they are top 5 in the league, but that's what you get when you line up with 3 DTs and 1 DE almost every play, and have some very very good linebackers behind them.

scottyboy
12-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Did I miss the Seahawks mention?

Are you talking run stopping, pass rushing or overall? If it's run-stopping I'm taking Seattle and it's not really close. If we're talking pass rushing I'm taking Arizona and that's not close either.

The Seahawks generate very little pass rush. Clemons is really good, but he's the only rusher you have to watch. The top 15 pass defense can be attributed to one of the best secondaries in the NFL.

As far as defending the run goes, they are top 5 in the league, but that's what you get when you line up with 3 DTs and 1 DE almost every play, and have some very very good linebackers behind them.

I agree with everything you say. But when I combine the 2, the Cards run stuffing is better than the pass rushing of the Hawks. Overall, I'm taking the Cards, but that's no where close to a shot at the Seahawks. Got some pretty nasty defenses in that division.

XxXdragonXxX
12-21-2011, 10:36 PM
I agree with everything you say. But when I combine the 2, the Cards run stuffing is better than the pass rushing of the Hawks. Overall, I'm taking the Cards, but that's no where close to a shot at the Seahawks. Got some pretty nasty defenses in that division.

I would be inclined to agree with you. Now if the defenses could get some offensive help, they'd be even nastier. I'm really excited for the defense in Seattle considering how young they are, especially the secondary. Just need a LDE that can rush the passer.

Ness
12-21-2011, 11:35 PM
You don't think the fact that you have 3 great LBers and we don't have a single one has anything to do with it? Or the fact that we basically play nickel all the time because we'd rather have an extra safety on the field than a 3rd crap LBer?

49ers play a good amount of nickel too depending on the opponent. Regardless, our linebackers can't make plays without the line up front to free them up.

Ness
12-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Did you not know that jpp is a large fraction of "them"? Interesting. And tuck is only known for his run stopping. And de's are the sole factors in rush d. Christ.
And giant's? Yep, you're just too damn smart and clever for us

I'm just saying I'm not singling out JPP. You really think Tuck has been great at stopping the run this season? He's been banged up with groin and neck injuries and he isn't the same player this year. It all starts up front, and the entire Giants defensive line in terms of stopping the run hasn't been that great this season. At least from what I've watched. That includes the ends. Having a bunch of tackle numbers doesn't really mean anything either. Could mean you're just trying to hustle to actually tackle that guy that keeps blowing past you. Doesn't mean you're stopping the offender where they should be stopped.

Hines
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Red Bryant and his wife had a baby this morning. The kid was 17 pounds. Jesus. lol.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Red Bryant and his wife had a baby this morning. The kid was 17 pounds. Jesus. lol.

Well, her vagina is forever wrecked....that's almost double what I weighed.

Hines
12-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Well, her vagina is forever wrecked....that's almost double what I weighed.

The wife must be a big girl too, because there is no way a baby should be that ******* big coming out like that. hahaha.

Maybe they got a C-section?

A Perfect Score
12-22-2011, 11:50 AM

That's gotta be close to some sort of record, doesn't it? Damn...That's monstrous.

I get sad every time I watch the Giants play, because if I was going to design my perfect defense it would be extremely similar to the one Spags ran there. I absolutely loved the defensive combination of Strahan, Tuck, Kiwi and Osi. That's just ******* unreal.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 12:30 PM
I get sad every time I watch the Giants play, because if I was going to design my perfect defense it would be extremely similar to the one Spags ran there. I absolutely loved the defensive combination of Strahan, Tuck, Kiwi and Osi. That's just ******* unreal.

The Giants are running the worst possible scheme for the talent they have there. I've been saying this for weeks.

The lack of any impact linebackers hurts a little, but they could absolutely play like they did when they won the SB.

Man up the corners, put Rolle and Phillips deep and trust them not to let anyone behind them, and rush no fewer than 4 every play. Even with some of them banged up, the pass rush comibinations and possibilities sending Osi, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP would destroy any o-line in this league.

But no. Rush 3 play cover 2. .500 team.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey, Michael Boley is a very good OLB damnit. They just need a MLB in the worst way. And yes, their scheme sucks. You can have so much fun with lining guys up all over the place, exotic blitzes, etc. but Perry insists on doing it his way. Brutal.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Boley has been in and out due to injury this season and isn't really the enforcer type they need behind the d-line to best unleash the pass rush.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh, and especially against the Jets this week. If they blitzed Sanchez and abused the weaker parts of the Jets o-line (Wayne Hunter,) they'd devastate that offense.

Instead, I expect to see lots of zones with Sanchez getting too much time to throw zone beaters to Holmes or Keller.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Boley has been in and out due to injury this season and isn't really the enforcer type they need behind the d-line to best unleash the pass rush.

Eh, that responsibility falls more on the MLB position,which is non existent.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 01:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/22/ravens-lose-boldin-for-balance-of-the-regular-season/

Anquan Boldin to miss the rest of the regular season at least.

He probably wouldn't have torn his meniscus if Cam Cameron didn't have him running routes 40 yards down the field with no seperation for some reason....

A Perfect Score
12-22-2011, 01:14 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/22/ravens-lose-boldin-for-balance-of-the-regular-season/

Anquan Boldin to miss the rest of the regular season at least.

He probably wouldn't have torn his meniscus if Cam Cameron didn't have him running routes 40 yards down the field with no seperation for some reason....

Well at least now he'll HAVE to give Ray Rice the ball.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-22-2011, 01:15 PM

Yes. On dump off passes.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 01:16 PM

No. Cameron will just...have Torrey Smith run underneath routes while your TEs block....or something.

I don't know with him. He'll find something stupid to do.

Raiderz4Life
12-22-2011, 01:18 PM

He'll sit there like..."Hmm...who is the closest to Q??...uumm...hhmm...OOO I KNOW!!! Ed...Ed Dickson...no one will see Ed running fades coming...GENIUZZ!!"

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Gotta be an offensive genius! Someone will want to hire him as a head coach again. Only an offensive genius would ever run a possession receiver 40 yards down the field and not use his star running back. Because running the ball is for unimaginative pussies.

A Perfect Score
12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Gotta be an offensive genius! Someone will want to hire him as a head coach again. Only an offensive genius would ever run a possession receiver 40 yards down the field and not use his star running back. Because running the ball is for unimaginative pussies.

I vote being stuck with Cam Cameron.

"Ok guys, we're down 10-7 at half. Ray Rice is averaging 6 YPC, so we're going to give him about 4 carries in the second half. Meanwhile, I'm going to advertise my incredibly ****** offensive playbook in hopes of getting another head coaching gig so I can TE screen my way to ANOTHER 1-15 RECORD! MUAHAHAHAH MUAHAHAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

That's how I picture Cam Cameron talking to our offense at halftime. There is no way it doesn't end in an evil, maniacal laugh. The worst part is the Ravens are the 1 in 1-15.

Because I need to unleash my hatred for Cam Cameron in more than one thread.

Jvig43
12-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Atlanta, please beat the saints and limit Brees for the sake of my fantasy team. I know this will never happen, but if you could try that'd be great.

Giantsfan1080
12-22-2011, 01:31 PM
The Giants are running the worst possible scheme for the talent they have there. I've been saying this for weeks.

The lack of any impact linebackers hurts a little, but they could absolutely play like they did when they won the SB.

Man up the corners, put Rolle and Phillips deep and trust them not to let anyone behind them, and rush no fewer than 4 every play. Even with some of them banged up, the pass rush comibinations and possibilities sending Osi, Kiwi, Tuck and JPP would destroy any o-line in this league.

But no. Rush 3 play cover 2. .500 team.

We've been saying this since last year!!! It's maddening that Coughlin hasn't made Fewell change up the game plan.

D-Unit
12-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Colts or Texans... who ya got?

Jvig43
12-22-2011, 02:17 PM

http://cdn.epicski.com/a/a0/1000x500px-LL-a0560b4d_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Texans by 13.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm tired of all this Eagles making the playoffs talk. I'm hoping the Giants and Cowboys both win (or at least just the Giants) and end the talk.

descendency
12-22-2011, 06:09 PM

The SEC confiscated the child shortly after birth and weighing.

descendency
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM

The Colts have the talent to win the game. They've been dogging most of their games.

I'll take a chance and take Colts late by 3.

But Stevan Ridley isn't a star runningback. . . Then again, Flacco isn't Brady.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Pick the MVP of tonight's game?

I'll say: Arian Foster

jrdrylie
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Peyton Manning.

PoopSandwich
12-22-2011, 06:43 PM
TJhgkok9DQA

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, Cushing certainly made a quick impact.

Miaoww
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Way to not block the LB, O-line.

Brent
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
wait, 40 yard bombs to slow WRs don't translate to points?

Jughead10
12-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Fantasy championship and I have Foster and Houston Def!!!!

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Fantasy championship and I have Foster and Houston Def!!!!

I have Houston's defense, but I'm against Foster. :/

Miaoww
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
That's a fantastic play by Mathis.

Nalej
12-22-2011, 07:46 PM
C. Barwin making plays makes me sad

descendency
12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Well, Cushing certainly made a quick impact.

Sticking that needle in his arm.

/trolling

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 08:19 PM
....how in the ******* hell is that roughing the passer? REALLY? What?

EDIT:

Wow, that may be the single worst one of those I've ever seen. What the ****?

A Perfect Score
12-22-2011, 08:26 PM
How the **** does Arian Foster have 8 carries for 72 yards? I know JV squads who would put up more of a fight then that. The Colts are ******* pathetic.

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
How the **** does Arian Foster have 8 carries for 72 yards? I know JV squads who would put up more of a fight then that. The Colts are ******* pathetic.

They got their one win to save themselves from complete embarrassment. Now they've checked out entirely.

Miaoww
12-22-2011, 08:30 PM

Because the Texans blocking scheme is fantastic and Foster is explosive. Fortunately Yates is awful so this game is still close.

A Perfect Score
12-22-2011, 08:31 PM
They got their one win to save themselves from complete embarrassment. Now they've checked out entirely.

Its ******* embarrassing. The entire organization should just be ashamed at this point. They seriously need to clean house and fire the living **** out of everyone, including that prick Bill Polian. Then someone needs to kick his ass, just because.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Remember when all my Patriotsbros told me Brooks Reed wasn't much better than Jermaine Cunningham :( I do. Glad to see him doing well though.

Miaoww
12-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Can Yates throw the ball more than 10 yards?

MidwayMonster31
12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
It will be interesting to see who tanks harder next week between the Jags and Colts. All the Jags have to do is sit MJD and Knighton and let Gabbert lose it for them.
Who gets the pick if it's a 3 way tie at 2-14?

gpngc
They're down 10-6 to a playoff team... no one checked out.

ElectricEye
Why the hell are the Colts letting this much clock run?

MidwayMonster31
12-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Saturday with some nice blocking on that run.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Colts pissing their pants there. Poor clock management, missed field goal...and to top it off Reggie Wayne well could have had a shot at that ball if he had turned his head around.

Bengals78
12-22-2011, 08:58 PM
I have to limit the number of Texan games I watch.
JJ Watt is too much to handle

BeerBaron
12-22-2011, 08:59 PM
They're down 10-6 to a playoff team... no one checked out.

**** that. They have a rookie 3rd string QB with far too short of leash.

I don't know what changed since the Bengals game where Yates was allowed to do more.

Miaoww
12-22-2011, 09:09 PM
**** that. They have a rookie 3rd string QB with far too short of leash.

I don't know what changed since the Bengals game where Yates was allowed to do more.

The Carolina Panthers is what happened. Boo-yeah!

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 09:37 PM
"I think Bill Polian has done an amazing job drafting for this franchise." - Mike Mayock

Stop your slanderous lies...

JBCX
12-22-2011, 09:46 PM
I have to limit the number of Texan games I watch.
JJ Watt is too much to handle

Did you want the Bengals to draft him or something?

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 09:47 PM
The Colts are starting to suck at sucking for Luck. Interesting.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Austin Collie will have a break out year next year.

dolphinfan2k5
12-22-2011, 09:48 PM
Orlovsky has been pretty good tonight. Quiet a few nice plays.

dolphinfan2k5
12-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Austin Collie will have a break out year next year.

Is there a reason that he is wearing that ridiculous visor?

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Orlovsky has been pretty good tonight. Quiet a few nice plays.

They might have had a few more wins if they had started the year with him. I think them going with Collins has to be one of the worst blunders I can remember in terms of trying to save a season.

...my boy Brooks got trucked :(

JBCX
12-22-2011, 09:50 PM
That would actually be really funny if the Colts won a few games and missed out on the #1 draft pick.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM

I think it was from his pair of concussions last year. I think it is the sensitivity to the lights. Not sure though.

Miaoww
12-22-2011, 09:53 PM

Hasn't he had a number of concussions? I wonder if it's to do with sensitivity to light?

Or he just thinks it looks cool.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 09:53 PM
I would give my left nut to get Brooks Reed and Barwin on the Patriots. Watt too, while we're at it. Houston has built a damn fine defense out of guys I liked but the Patriots refused to draft :(

JBCX
12-22-2011, 09:55 PM
I would give my left nut to get Brooks Reed and Barwin on the Patriots. Watt too, while we're at it. Houston has built a damn fine defense out of guys I liked but the Patriots refused to draft :(

The Pats had the opportunity to get Reed and probably Watt as well (if they traded up)

In fact, lots of draft analysts were mocking Brooks Reed to the Pats in the bottom of the first round.

TitanHope
12-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Ya gotta think of all the fans of NFL teams, that it's Jags fans who want the Colts to lose out on Luck the most. They're looking at competing in a division with Andrew Luck, Matt Schaub, and Jake Locker with Blaine Gabbert as their QB. :/

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
I hate the NFL.

JBCX
12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Ya gotta think of all the fans of NFL teams, that it's Jags fans who want the Colts to lose out on Luck the most. They're looking at competing in a division with Andrew Luck, Matt Schaub, and Jake Locker with Blaine Gabbert as their QB. :/

They can do something about it, though, if they lay down in Week 17 for the Colts and help them to a 2-14 or 3-13 record.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Colts hold the tie-breaker for worst team at 2-14.

Bulldogs
12-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Greatest play ever?

ElectricEye
Crazy play there. Almost totally changed the game.

Bengals78
Did you want the Bengals to draft him or something?

.....sort of....

TitanHope
12-22-2011, 10:12 PM
They can do something about it, though, if they lay down in Week 17 for the Colts and help them to a 2-14 or 3-13 record.

And if the Colts end up 3-13, their 3 wins will have come from the Titans, Texans, and Jags in Weeks 15, 16, and 17.

Doesn't look like that'll happen cause of this game, but it'd be ironic considering the domination of the division that the Colts have had over the past decade.

ChiFan24
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I will drive to Indy and blow Orlovsky if he can drive them down here.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 10:13 PM
This will be interesting. I wonder how Orlovsky does in the 2:00 minute offense.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Just please don't win the game...

Stash
It's Orlovsky time.

ElectricEye
Great footwork there by Orlovsky. Amazing he can do that and Gabbert can't.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Why Tamme is just as good as Clark, don't resign him.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Brooks Reed is destroying that right tackle.

Bulldogs
12-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Orlovsky looks good.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Watt is getting screwed on some of these.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Bulldogs
12-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Haha Colts are going to win.

RCAChainGang
That ref is homosexual

ElectricEye
Ok, now Watt got screwed.

ChiFan24
...I'm not actually going to blow Orlovsky. I want to make that clear.

Philliez01
12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't care about draft picks even though this is a draft site.

I just like seeing the Colts fight.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 10:21 PM
...I'm not actually going to blow Orlovsky. I want to make that clear.

The ref looks like he could use some.

Houston's line is raping the Colts' line. God damn I wish Brooks Reed was a Patriot.

ChiFan24
Or yes I am? Whichever one makes the Colts win.

ElectricEye
JJ Watt is nuckin futts.

ElectricEye
12-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Or yes I am? Whichever one makes the Colts win.

Get the ref. He's earned it more than Danny Boy did.

ChiFan24
The ref looks like he could use some.

Houston's line is raping the Colts' line. God damn I wish Brooks Reed was a Patriot.

Bogar's my favorite ref, if only for the comedy value.

Stash
Lol, the Texans are committing a ton of penalties on this drive.

Philliez01
Reggie ******* Wayne

TitanHope
12-22-2011, 10:23 PM
For Great Justiceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Bulldogs
Peyton Manning is a happy man right now.

Miaoww
Boom! Whatcha got, Yates? Whatcha got?

ElectricEye
Suck for Kalil.

Stash
Dan Orlavsky! Move over Tebow!

DoughBoy
12-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Welp, at least we are not the only ones now. Thank god.

ElectricEye
Special Teams becomes enormously important all of a sudden.

RCAChainGang
We suck at sucking for Luck.

Bulldogs
Suck for Kalil.

I was about to say. If they are picking #2 do they go with Kalil?

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 10:26 PM
Colts hold tie breaker for the suck for luck at 2-14!!!

ChiFan24
12-22-2011, 10:27 PM

Please. You guys are a juggernaut. Gabbert doesn't stand a chance.

ElectricEye

That's implying you guys aren't going to beat the Jacksonville Gabvomits.

ChiFan24
I was about to say. If they are picking #2 do they go with Kalil?

They need somebody capable of disengaging from a block.

RCAChainGang
12-22-2011, 10:28 PM
That's implying you guys aren't going to beat the Jacksonville Gabvomits.

EXACTLY!!! Let's go MJD. :)

TitanHope
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
And if the Colts end up 3-13, their 3 wins will have come from the Titans, Texans, and Jags in Weeks 15, 16, and 17.

Doesn't look like that'll happen cause of this game, but it'd be ironic considering the domination of the division that the Colts have had over the past decade.

:)

It'd be funny if the Polians told Jim Caldwell that he was gone regardless, and now he's gonna be spiteful and win the team out of contention for Luck.

TACKLE
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Oh god I hope Indy lose out on Luck. That'd be too funny.

DoughBoy
12-22-2011, 10:32 PM
It would make my life if the Colts win to the Jags next week.

TACKLE
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
The Colts even suck at sucking.

Vox Populi
12-22-2011, 10:36 PM
That game went by really fast. Damn.

Scotty D
12-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Don't the Colts have Costanzo? Would they still draft Kalil?

dannyz
12-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Don't the Colts have Costanzo? Would they still draft Kalil?

I would still Draft Kalil because he is a True Franchise LT while I think Costanzo is more fitted for the RT Spot.

dolphinfan2k5
12-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Who would they take if not Kalil? Blackmon? Claiborne? I'd bet on Kalil. Either way, things just got way more interesting. Anyone know what they strength of schedule is projected to be at the end of the season for the likely 2-14 teams?

holt_bruce81
12-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Indy, please beat the Jags next week.

MidwayMonster31
Concede for Coples?

Smash28Dash34
I wonder where Reggie Wayne will go if he leave the Colts?

Go_Eagles77
12-22-2011, 10:46 PM
Vikings probably wishing they waited a year to get their franchise QB. Ponder looks solid, but he's no Luck.

Basileus777
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Vikings probably wishing they waited a year to get their franchise QB. Ponder looks solid, but he's no Luck.

It's not like it would be difficult to trade Ponder. Young talented QBs have high trade value.

ChiFan24
12-22-2011, 10:48 PM
Kalil would be a terrible pick. They determined that Castonzo was worth a first round pick and that Ijalana was worth a second. That's good enough, IMO. Some defensive player will rise after the Senior Bowl/combine, and that's who Indy should pick. Maybe Morris Claiborne. Or with Mathis likely to walk, Sam Montgomery/Quinton Coples/whoever.

Edit: Well, not terrible. Just not a good pick.

TitanHope
12-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I would still Draft Kalil because he is a True Franchise LT while I think Costanzo is more fitted for the RT Spot.

I think you may have Castonzo mixed up with Carimi. Carimi was seen as more of a natural RT, while Castonzo was more of a LT. If I remember correctly, anyway.

Either way, assuming they make the pick and not trade out, I think you take the best player which is Kalil. I think the only other two options are Morris Claiborne and Robert Griffin. I don't think Blackmon is good enough for the #2 pick, Coples definitely isn't, you don't take a RB at #2 anymore, and Matt Barkley is coming back. LT and CB are important positions, so I think it's easily Kalil or Claiborne. Just put Castonzo at RT and put Ijalana at LG, and that offensive line has great potential. You need two good OT's nowadays, and people invest 1st RD picks at RT (GB recently, and if Carimi stays at his natural position, also Chicago), so Castonzo isn't a wasted investment. Claiborne has great tools and is a natural CB, so a #1 CB to cover the likes of Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt, and the WR that J'Ville selects early will be a huge boost. If they want a QB, Robert Griffin is a guy you can take for the future but sit behind Manning in the short term because he's not the Andrew Luck.

TACKLE
12-22-2011, 11:04 PM
It's not like it would be difficult to trade Ponder. Young talented QBs have high trade value.

Exactly. Take Luck and trade Ponder is their best option in that scenario. They'd probably be able to get a 2nd for him, especially with this thin QB class.

Babylon
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM

Why do you torture yourself?

descendency
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
The Colts have the talent to win the game. They've been dogging most of their games.

I'll take a chance and take Colts late by 3.

(10 characters)

RufusMcDaniel
12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Once Orlovsky got a taste of winning, he doesn't plan on losing another game ever again.

Babylon
12-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Exactly. Take Luck and trade Ponder is their best option in that scenario. They'd probably be able to get a 2nd for him, especially with this thin QB class.

My guess is Seattle would give up their first for Ponder.

Scotty D
12-22-2011, 11:15 PM
Once Orlovsky got a taste of winning, he doesn't plan on losing another game ever again.

Hey, he's ok if you keep him away from his own endzone.

falloutboy14
12-22-2011, 11:15 PM
They could go RG3 also. Manning is still old and with an uncertain neck.