PDA

View Full Version : 12/21 - Hot List (Regular Season Edition)

Scott Wright
12-21-2011, 09:52 AM
In the latest edition of the Prospect Hot List Shane P. Hallam takes a look at the prospects who have improved their draft stock the most throughout the course of their senior seasons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Prospect Hot List - December 21, 2011
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/HotList/Hot-List.php

--------------------------------------------------------------------

4U2NV
12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
4 straight Hot-Lists in a row for Kendall Wright, he's definitely gaining momentum at the right time for his draft stock. I'm really looking forward to watching him at the combine.

rawdawg
12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Good list. Most of those guys would have been lucky to be 2nd day picks at the beginning of the season. Now all will be long gone by the time the 2nd day is over.

Paul
12-21-2011, 01:07 PM
I like Zebrie Sanders as a prospect, but I love him for one the funniest moments in College Football history.

BuddyCHRIST
12-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Sanders will not be worth a first round pick, he only played LT a very little amount and any projections are based off his natural athleticism. He makes too many mental mistakes, is an slightly above average pass blocker and a below average run blocker.

I hate calling out an FSU player but I just don't see him as a 1st rounder. He's a 3-5th guy mainly due to his physical tools.

Shane P. Hallam
12-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Sanders will not be worth a first round pick, he only played LT a very little amount and any projections are based off his natural athleticism. He makes too many mental mistakes, is an slightly above average pass blocker and a below average run blocker.

I hate calling out an FSU player but I just don't see him as a 1st rounder. He's a 3-5th guy mainly due to his physical tools.

There is little doubt he has had mental lapses, but his play has actually improved as a LT from what I saw early in the year at RT. That bodes well along with the physical tools. He's no more of a risk than any other senior OT.

rawdawg
12-21-2011, 08:24 PM

I don't see a huge difference between Zebrie Sanders and Tyron Smith. Smith probably a little better athlete with longer arms and a touch more strength, but the difference isn't monumental and can be made up pretty quickly by Sanders. I don't know that he'll find his way in the 1st, but unlike the 3 main guys ahead of him (Kalil, Martin, Reiff) he'll have a chance to really shine in the postseason practices, scrimmages and games. I don't see any way he gets past the mid 2nd round.

Abaddon
12-29-2011, 05:31 PM
@WesBunting Wesley Bunting
Thought #FloridaState OT Zebrie Sanders had the making of a legit prospect....reminds me of the Joe Barksdale/Mario Henderson's of the world

That's a pretty damning comparison.

Shane P. Hallam
12-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Zebrie def. having a bad game. After that first half, I can safely say he won't be on the Bowl Edition Hot List, haha.

Abaddon
12-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Bad enough to make the "Not" list?

Shane P. Hallam
12-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Bad enough to make the "Not" list?

We'll see how the rest of the games go!