PDA

View Full Version : Official Alabama vs LSU Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

gpngc
12-26-2011, 07:26 AM
People are bitching just to ***** when in reality the two best teams in the nation will duke it out for a national title on January 9th and any real football fan would be stupid to not be extremely pumped up.

It's tough to go against LSU given what they've accomplished this season but I think I prefer Bama's offense.

This game is going to be so intense on every snap because one big play could make all the difference in what figures to be a low-scoring affair. It's not like Saints-Packers or something where a long passing TD just means the opposing QB gets the ball back to match quicker. Every single play is going to mean something.

And the kicking game obviously should be huge...

I'll say 38-31 Bama in overtime.

Trogdor
12-26-2011, 09:37 AM
People are bitching just to ***** when in reality the two best teams in the nation will duke it out for a national title on January 9th and any real football fan would be stupid to not be extremely pumped up.

It's tough to go against LSU given what they've accomplished this season but I think I prefer Bama's offense.

This game is going to be so intense on every snap because one big play could make all the difference in what figures to be a low-scoring affair. It's not like Saints-Packers or something where a long passing TD just means the opposing QB gets the ball back to match quicker. Every single play is going to mean something.

Troll has laid bait. Will anyone bite?

Iamcanadian
12-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Personally, I won't watch the game in protest. I personally think it will be a huge disappointing game where 1 team is simply better prepared than the other and won't be shocked to see Alabama win on its second try which will prove absolutely nothing in my eyes.
I'll mark down 2012 as a year with no national championship team as I did when Nebraska was named national champions, the year Penn St. went undefeated with one of the greatest teams of all time.
For me, the BCS just became even a bigger joke with its incompetence.

MidwayMonster31
12-27-2011, 01:35 AM
5-3 Tide. I didn't plan on watching any BCS games anyway. I'll stick with the minor ones just to get a look at draft prospects.

Dagagad
12-27-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm watching obviously as I like football.

I like LSU as long as Jarrett Lee doesn't see the field and they commit to the option look they showed a little in the last game. They don't need to score a lot of points, just play for field position, stop the run and wait for McCarron to make mistakes.

kalbears13
12-27-2011, 02:23 AM
I like to see high scoring games so I think I'm going to watch the hockey game instead.

kalbears13
12-27-2011, 02:23 AM
EDIT: Double Post

Abaddon
12-27-2011, 02:33 AM

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/12308/12604001.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be Scotch-Korean, would you?

SickwithIt1010
12-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Personally, I won't watch the game in protest. I personally think it will be a huge disappointing game where 1 team is simply better prepared than the other and won't be shocked to see Alabama win on its second try which will prove absolutely nothing in my eyes.
I'll mark down 2012 as a year with no national championship team as I did when Nebraska was named national champions, the year Penn St. went undefeated with one of the greatest teams of all time.
For me, the BCS just became even a bigger joke with its incompetence.

If LSU wins why would you mark it as a year with no NC team? They would have gone undefeated, and dominated the country. If Bama won I could understand your logic I guess, but I dont expect it.

keylime_5
12-27-2011, 12:26 PM
I think the final score will be 9-6, LSU in OT after a sloppy game. There is a pretty decent precedent to back up my prediction.

AntoinCD
12-27-2011, 12:54 PM
I think the final score will be 9-6, LSU in OT after a sloppy game. There is a pretty decent precedent to back up my prediction.

Come on at least go out on a limb and say there'll probably be a whole load of missed field goals or something

keylime_5
12-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Come on at least go out on a limb and say there'll probably be a whole load of missed field goals or something

I went a little more broad by saying it will be a sloppy game. Missed FGs by...say Alabama's kicker for instance, would qualify as sloppy.

AntoinCD
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I went a little more broad by saying it will be a sloppy game. Missed FGs by...say Alabama's kicker for instance, would qualify as sloppy.

Yeah, I'm not sure why but I would say more likely the 'Bama kicker to miss. Just something in my head that says it's possible

gpngc
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/12/12308/12604001.jpg

You wouldn't happen to be Scotch-Korean, would you?

They'll score most of those points in like 6 overtimes. The score after regulation will be 10-10.

Byrd430
01-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I'm going to have to back up the Canadian here...

If Alabama beats LSU, it will prove absolutely nothing. This is why I did not want this game to happen. Alabama beating LSU 1 out of 2 times, not winning the SEC nor even the SEC West, does not make them national champions. That is just absolutely ludicrous, I'm sorry.

All that said.....I felt like the best player on the field in the first meeting was Trent Richardson. I think he'll lead the Tide to the win this time around in a game where the offenses will be able to move the ball a little better. I'm saying 23-17 type game here.

Still, I gotta say Geaux Tigers.

CJSchneider
01-04-2012, 10:02 AM
I am cheering on LSU merely because I live in Louisiana. I am by no means a Tigers fan and I agree with many here in pointing out the problems with the BCS system as it presently stands.

Babylon
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
I think we'll see more points this time around as teams have longer to prepare. Personally would rather have seen an undefeated Stanford or OSU in there but after they lost a game this matchup was inevitable.

As for those that arent going to watch i've said that before and always end up tuning in.

gpngc
01-04-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm going to have to back up the Canadian here...

If Alabama beats LSU, it will prove absolutely nothing. This is why I did not want this game to happen. Alabama beating LSU 1 out of 2 times, not winning the SEC nor even the SEC West, does not make them national champions. That is just absolutely ludicrous, I'm sorry.

All that said.....I felt like the best player on the field in the first meeting was Trent Richardson. I think he'll lead the Tide to the win this time around in a game where the offenses will be able to move the ball a little better. I'm saying 23-17 type game here.

Still, I gotta say Geaux Tigers.

If the Steelers beat the Ravens in the AFCCG, do they not deserve to go to the Super Bowl? The Ravens already beat them TWICE.

Smooth Criminal
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Completely different system. That's playoffs.

If LSU loses to Bama, they still have a more impressive season as a whole.

ElectricEye
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Completely different system. That's playoffs.

If LSU loses to Bama, they still have a more impressive season as a whole.

It's not about who has the more impressive season schedule wise. It's about who wins the National Championship game. That's the great thing about this game; it clashes with the rest of college football. It's a one game playoff.

I'm excited about this game. After all the offensive outbursts we've seen so far in the bowl season, it will be nice to see some teams who have players who can play a little bit of defense.

Saints-Tigers
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I'll watch. Meh, college football's "championship" system is stupid, and this year doesn't really make it any worse. I'd have preferred a new matchup, but whatever. I don't have this dying passion for college football, outside of being a draftnik.

ElectricEye
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
That's so surprising to hear that from people on a forum dedicated to football. I'm not trying to single out you specifically; I just find that sentiment curious. This is a great on the field match up. Throw out all the crap about the BCS and focus on the football game; it's a good one. People watch NFL teams play each other multiple times a year and don't complain. In fact, most of the leagues celebrated rivalries involve teams playing each other at least two times. I'm pretty sure that if Baltimore and Pittsburgh find a way to play each other again, that will be considered must see football for most. Don't tell me it's because those games count for more either; this one is for all the marbles, not just the right to advance to the AFC Championship game/Super Bowl. I can understand if you aren't a fan of the sport, but from a pure draftnik perspective, there's a ton to see here. You've got like a bajillion potential first round picks on the field.

keylime_5
01-04-2012, 03:14 PM
If Alabama wins with a last second FG or by a really small margin in a close game, shouldn't they give LSU a share of the national title since both teams with have 1-loss and both will have beaten each other once? It seems like if that scenario happens then it will really be another big black eye for the credibility of the BCS (as if they need another one).

This isn't like the NCAA tournament in March or the playoffs in any other sport where it's a rematch after both teams fought through playoff brackets - it's two teams being voted in and facing each other in a rematch so a split NC would be fair without question IMO, though I doubt it happens since the voters likely will vote the same in each poll.

Saints-Tigers
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM
That's so surprising to hear that from people on a forum dedicated to football. I'm not trying to single out you specifically; I just find that sentiment curious. This is a great on the field match up. Throw out all the crap about the BCS and focus on the football game; it's a good one. People watch NFL teams play each other multiple times a year and don't complain. In fact, most of the leagues celebrated rivalries involve teams playing each other at least two times. I'm pretty sure that if Baltimore and Pittsburgh find a way to play each other again, that will be considered must see football for most. Don't tell me it's because those games count for more either; this one is for all the marbles, not just the right to advance to the AFC Championship game/Super Bowl. I can understand if you aren't a fan of the sport, but from a pure draftnik perspective, there's a ton to see here. You've got like a bajillion potential first round picks on the field.

Oh, I will definitely be thrilled to watch from a draft standpoint. I kinda do hope they have to end as co champions or something... that would be hilarious.

Anything that makes the BCS look ridiculous is great to me, haha.

gpngc
01-04-2012, 03:56 PM
It's not about who has the more impressive season schedule wise. It's about who wins the National Championship game. That's the great thing about this game; it clashes with the rest of college football. It's a one game playoff.

Exactly. "Body of work" and all that stuff goes into who gets to the 1-game playoff. Once we're there - the idea is to get the two best teams (which we did) - and it's a Super Bowl. The regular season no longer matters. The Patriots had a more impressive body of work than the Giants in 07, but the Giants won the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

People just love to *****. Same with new NFL rules, same with the NFL kickoff rules. Like those rules are somehow killing the league. The NFL is ******* awesome. Kickoff moved back 5 yards for ******* SAFETY and people will whine. It's still an insanely entertaining product, defense DOES exist (49ers, Ravens?), and kickoff returns for TDs still happen.

If Alabama wins with a last second FG or by a really small margin in a close game, shouldn't they give LSU a share of the national title since both teams with have 1-loss and both will have beaten each other once? It seems like if that scenario happens then it will really be another big black eye for the credibility of the BCS (as if they need another one).

This isn't like the NCAA tournament in March or the playoffs in any other sport where it's a rematch after both teams fought through playoff brackets - it's two teams being voted in and facing each other in a rematch so a split NC would be fair without question IMO, though I doubt it happens since the voters likely will vote the same in each poll.

No because Alabama will have defeated them in the CHAMPIONSHIP game. Body of work matters up until the POSTSEASON.

DraftSavant
01-04-2012, 04:03 PM
I'll watch. Meh, college football's "championship" system is stupid, and this year doesn't really make it any worse. I'd have preferred a new matchup, but whatever. I don't have this dying passion for college football, outside of being a draftnik.

Same here, dude. Same here.

TBH, I've always found a certain level of....absurdity with college football and their fanbases.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Same here, dude. Same here.

TBH, I've always found a certain level of....absurdity with college football and their fanbases.

Put me in the same boat. I often find myself just scouting prospects instead of actually following the game.

JHL6719
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
What's strange is how if you're a team that actually executes the fundamentals of defense.... can get off blocks, maintain leverage, tackle, cover receivers, and stomp on quarterbacks...

..you're a "boring" team.

95% of these defenses in college football outside of LSU and Bama are TERRIBLE. And they don't even care. They don't even try.

These offenses playing tennis with each other in these bowl games are not 'special'. They can't hang with top SEC defenses. How many damn times does it need to be seen?

I think people have played way too many video games. That is not how football is played... at least not by good teams.

JHL6719
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Did Florida and Florida St. split the national title in '96 when Florida St. beat Florida in the regular season, only to get beat in the rematch in the national championship game? I think not.

Arizona St. was the #2 team in the country at the time, but couldn't play for the national championship because of bowl tie-ins... they had to play in the Rose Bowl.

That's why the BCS was created in the first place. So we could get #1 playing #2 every year for the national championship, and avoid scenarios where one of them were left out due to bowl tie-ins.

The BCS gets it right 99% of the time. You can tell the BCS works because everybody is bitching about it.

It could use a tweak or two, mainly just a +1 playoff. The SEC already proposed this to the other conferences because the SEC knew that two SEC teams were going to play for the national title one of these days and wanted to avoid it. The other conferences (other than the ACC) wanted no part of it.

Fans would have to sell their houses in order to follow their school around the country to attend multiple playoff games if their school keeps advancing.

An 'NFL style' playoff format just isn't practical.

Furthermore, the NFL playoff system is just as flawed when division winners with losing records can get into the playoffs, leaving better teams with 10-6 records out because they play in a tougher division.

You're not guaranteed to get the two best teams in the superbowl either... the only thing you're guaranteed is to get the two teams who got the hottest in the playoffs.

The regular season means something in college football. You have to prove you're one of the best two teams all season... not just in the playoffs.

RCAChainGang
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
You might think that the BCS is flawed and blah blah blah...

But you can't tell me you aren't excited to see Alabama and LSU go head to head again. This game is gonna be awesome. If you're a draft nut then you are watching the right game because several players from these two teams get drafted in the first round.

Make a thread about BCS fallibility, but don't take away from how awesome this game is. It is the best two teams in College football because they can play defense.

Babylon
01-05-2012, 03:29 PM

But you can't tell me you aren't excited to see Alabama and LSU go head to head again. This game is gonna be awesome. If you're a draft nut then you are watching the right game because several players from these two teams get drafted in the first round.

Make a thread about BCS fallibility, but don't take away from how awesome this game is. It is the best two teams in College football because they can play defense.

Agree. No matter what i think of these two teams it's going to be fun to see some people play defense. Beyond the talent it will be interesting to see if what they do can carry over to some of these other outfits that dont seem to have a clue.

Cigaro
01-05-2012, 03:42 PM
You can tell the BCS works because everybody is bitching about it.

That may be one of the worst abuses of logic I have ever seen in my life.

JHL6719
01-05-2012, 03:52 PM
That may be one of the worst abuses of logic I have ever seen in my life.

Obviously you didn't hear Brent Musberger during the Rose Bowl telecast when he said Oregon probably gave LSU their toughest game of the season...

The crybabies in the media have bitched and complained about every single system that there's ever been in college football, the BCS is no different.

Although the BCS is the only system in which matching up the 2 best teams in the country for all the marbles was the ultimate goal.

They could start randomly drawing teams out of a hat and it would suit some perfectly as long as an SEC team wasn't drawn.

Raiderz4Life
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM

O yes I can. I'm NOT excited to see this game. I think it is ******** and even MORE ******** after reading this crap: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls11/story/_/id/7424042/allstate-bcs-championship-game-some-ap-voters-not-pick-bcs-winner-no-1

I may tune in to watch a few ppl, Trent and Honey Badger and I like watching LSU's QBs make complete asswipes of themselves.

Cigaro
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Obviously you didn't hear Brent Musberger during the Rose Bowl telecast when he said Oregon probably gave LSU their toughest game of the season...

The crybabies in the media have bitched and complained about every single system that there's ever been in college football, the BCS is no different.

Although the BCS is the only system in which matching up the 2 best teams in the country for all the marbles was the ultimate goal.

They could start randomly drawing teams out of a hat and it would suit some perfectly as long as an SEC team wasn't drawn.

So if they bitched and complained about every single system, and their bitching about the BCS system proves its validity, using your own 'logic', every other system also was valid, because like you said, they were bitching about it.

Once gain, that was a hideous abuse of logic.

JHL6719
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
So if they bitched and complained about every single system, and their bitching about the BCS system proves its validity, using your own 'logic', every other system also was valid, because like you said, they were bitching about it.

Once gain, that was a hideous abuse of logic.

No it wasn't... I never said that the prior systems weren't valid to begin with. Should we strip every team of their national titles prior to the BCS? Followed by stripping every team with a BCS title when we implement a different system?

Just because a system is changed doesn't mean the next one is any more or less valid.

People are going to ***** and complain no matter what system is in place. The BCS was designed to get #1 vs. #2 in the national title game.... and that's exactly what it does. It's doing what it was designed to do.

People are only bitching in ANY given year because of the two teams playing for it, not because the system failed to deliver what it's designed to deliver.

Should we go back to #1 playing #7 because of bowl tie-ins, while #2 plays #10 because of bowl tie-ins?

keylime_5
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
No because Alabama will have defeated them in the CHAMPIONSHIP game. Body of work matters up until the POSTSEASON.

call it whatever you want, in the end it's a game in a neutral site that wasn't reached via playoff. It's not like the super bowl or championship game in any other sport, that's the thing with CFB. LSU beat them in Alabama, so if Alabama barely beats LSU in OT on a neutral site, logically they are both deserving of the #1 ranking. The only difference is one win happened later in the year. I know that the voters won't split it, but you certainly could argue that LSU deserves to ranked #1 just as much as Bama. LSU won all their games to get to the NC whereas Alabama didn't and teams like Ok State and Stanford didn't get a shot.

Did Florida and Florida St. split the national title in '96 when Florida St. beat Florida in the regular season, only to get beat in the rematch in the national championship game? I think not.

Arizona St. was the #2 team in the country at the time, but couldn't play for the national championship because of bowl tie-ins... they had to play in the Rose Bowl.

That's why the BCS was created in the first place. So we could get #1 playing #2 every year for the national championship, and avoid scenarios where one of them were left out due to bowl tie-ins.

The BCS gets it right 99% of the time. You can tell the BCS works because everybody is bitching about it.

It could use a tweak or two, mainly just a +1 playoff. The SEC already proposed this to the other conferences because the SEC knew that two SEC teams were going to play for the national title one of these days and wanted to avoid it. The other conferences (other than the ACC) wanted no part of it.

Fans would have to sell their houses in order to follow their school around the country to attend multiple playoff games if their school keeps advancing.

An 'NFL style' playoff format just isn't practical.

Furthermore, the NFL playoff system is just as flawed when division winners with losing records can get into the playoffs, leaving better teams with 10-6 records out because they play in a tougher division.

You're not guaranteed to get the two best teams in the superbowl either... the only thing you're guaranteed is to get the two teams who got the hottest in the playoffs.

The regular season means something in college football. You have to prove you're one of the best two teams all season... not just in the playoffs.

Florida State/Florida was a little different b/c that rematch was not a close game - Florida blew out FSU, so it doesn't serve as an example of my point.

Also, if we didn't have the BCS that year then Florida would not have went to the NC game, ASU would've, so the best team that year would've been left out.

JHL6719
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
call it whatever you want, in the end it's a game in a neutral site that wasn't reached via playoff. It's not like the super bowl or championship game in any other sport, that's the thing with CFB. LSU beat them in Alabama, so if Alabama barely beats LSU in OT on a neutral site, logically they are both deserving of the #1 ranking. The only difference is one win happened later in the year. I know that the voters won't split it, but you certainly could argue that LSU deserves to ranked #1 just as much as Bama. LSU won all their games to get to the NC whereas Alabama didn't and teams like Ok State and Stanford didn't get a shot.

Florida State/Florida was a little different b/c that rematch was not a close game - Florida blew out FSU, so it doesn't serve as an example of my point.

Also, if we didn't have the BCS that year then Florida would not have went to the NC game, ASU would've, so the best team that year would've been left out.

You're using hindsight to blow off an example of why we have the BCS in the first place. Nobody knew that Florida was going to blow out FSU in the rematch.

Alabama could beat LSU by 4 TD's in the rematch the same as LSU could beat Bama by 4 TD's.

I'm well aware that we didn't have the BCS then which is the point. The BCS matched up the best two teams in the country.... it doesn't matter that they've already played each other. Just like it doesn't matter if the two teams have already played each other in any other sport.

Furthermore, Stanford did have their chance. They got blown out by a team LSU blew out. Oklahoma St. had their chance. They had already passed Bama in the BCS and were ranked #2 after Bama lost to LSU. All Okie St. had to do was win their games and they're in. They lost to an unranked team that was a 4 TD underdog.

If that's not the definition of having your chance and blowing it, then nothing is. We just saw Oklahoma St. should've lost to the team that lost to the team that LSU blew out if the kicker makes a chip shot field goal.

The problem is that you're refusing to use logic because it doesn't fit the anti-SEC agenda.

I know damn well if it was Ohio St., all of this 'logic' would suddenly make perfect sense.

gpngc
01-05-2012, 04:59 PM
^Yes.

Also, these are the two best teams in the country. Period. Any argument otherwise is a weak one.

But I kinda wanted to talk about the actual game in this thread...

JHL6719
01-05-2012, 05:13 PM
As for the game, it's going to come down to a mistake somewhere by one of the quarterbacks, or a big special teams play.

LSU has the advantage on special teams. I think Bama has a very slight edge at QB. McCarron is pretty good at protecting the football and managing the game. He just can't fail to identify mismatches in favor of LSU and test the DB's. (Like Brad Smelley matched up against Morris Claiborne... which is how he threw the INT).

Bama showed they can move the football on LSU, probably better than LSU can move the ball on Bama.

Trent didn't get a single carry in overtime in the first matchup, and it's why the offense faltered. Feed the stud.

It's going to be an incredibly physical game.

Both of these teams are two of the best I've seen in the past decade. They don't really have a 'weakness'... there's only one phase where they can't be considered 'dominant', and that's at the QB position.

gpngc
01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Every big play is going to be HUGE. That's what fascinates me about this matchup. Okie State-Stanford, a long TD didn't mean as much because there were so ******* many. A 30-yard completion in this game might be the difference. That, to me, is awesome.

Two points:

1 - McCarron's been playing better since the first matchup.
2 - Look out for Russell Shepard, especially in the red zone and on the edge.

I just love that every single snap is going to mean so much because points are expected to be at a premium. Again, Robert Meachem catches a 30-yard post over the middle in GB-NO, no one blinks. It's just whatever. Anything like that in this game... it's huge.

RCAChainGang
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
O yes I can. I'm NOT excited to see this game. I think it is ******** and even MORE ******** after reading this crap: http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls11/story/_/id/7424042/allstate-bcs-championship-game-some-ap-voters-not-pick-bcs-winner-no-1

I may tune in to watch a few ppl, Trent and Honey Badger and I like watching LSU's QBs make complete asswipes of themselves.

No I agree it is a really weird situation. I'm completely with you on that. I'm an LSU fan and I'm not upset we are playing them again. I'm not arguing wether the Championship system is wrong I'm just saying this thread Alabama vs. LSU is an exciting chance to break down a game. It will be a great game! You don't like low scoring football at all? And you said exactly why it is so exciting for me - Mathieu v. Richardson. I can't wait to see them square off again.

I agree with you though on your thoughts of the BCS. It is screwed, but I think we can say these are the two best teams in football. You can't enjoy #1 facing #2?

Edit: It is controversial, but I think the BCS got it right this time. It won't get it right all the time, but I'm looking forward to this game because it is the two best defenses and in my opinion teams.

RCAChainGang
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Every big play is going to be HUGE. That's what fascinates me about this matchup. Okie State-Stanford, a long TD didn't mean as much because there were so ******* many. A 30-yard completion in this game might be the difference. That, to me, is awesome.

Two points:

1 - McCarron's been playing better since the first matchup.
2 - Look out for Russell Shepard, especially in the red zone and on the edge.

I just love that every single snap is going to mean so much because points are expected to be at a premium. Again, Robert Meachem catches a 30-yard post over the middle in GB-NO, no one blinks. It's just whatever. Anything like that in this game... it's huge.

This is exactly why I'm excited for this game. You put into words what I couldn't quite explain. Low scoring games are enjoyable for this reason.

keylime_5
01-06-2012, 12:48 PM
the oversigning bowl 2.0.

alabama and lsu combined signed 19 more players than the limit last signing day. i wonder how they freed up those scholarships....hmmm....

after this game, there will have been 5 national champions from the mecca of oversigning (the SEC West) over the past decade between Auburn, Alabama, LSU twice, and whoever wins Monday. Of course this is not a story at all on "sEcSPiN."

[/necessary mini rant,vent].

gpngc
01-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Two anecdotes:

-The LSU punt coverage team has given up 6 punt return yards all season. That's incredible.

-Some are saying 20 of the 22 starting defensive players in the game will play in the NFL.

saintsfan912
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
the oversigning bowl 2.0.

alabama and lsu combined signed 19 more players than the limit last signing day. i wonder how they freed up those scholarships....hmmm....

after this game, there will have been 5 national champions from the mecca of oversigning (the SEC West) over the past decade between Auburn, Alabama, LSU twice, and whoever wins Monday. Of course this is not a story at all on "sEcSPiN."

[/necessary mini rant,vent].

This matters because?

Complex
01-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Because Ohio State only plays by the rules of course.

D-Unit
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Predictions on the score?

descendency
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
If the score is 9-6 Alabama, I say split it.

27-24 Alabama.

diabsoule
01-09-2012, 05:18 PM

13-10 LSU. it's gonna be another extremely close game

Bengals78
01-09-2012, 05:24 PM
17-14 Alabama.
I expect Richardson to show up big. Especially in the receiving game

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
01-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Anyone have an online gamecast?

saintsfan912
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
20-7 LSU. Idk how some people are having Bama kicking FGs, do you not remember the first game? PS, this is in the superdome guys. 45 minutes from Baton Rouge.

Butterflies are in my stomach, along with a good bit of beer already. So damn excited its ********.

TACKLE
01-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Anyone have an online gamecast?

http://www.firstrow.tv/sport/american-football.html

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I don't know who's going to win, but I'm calling a blowout.

DraftSavant
01-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I don't know who's going to win, but I'm calling a blowout.

I feel the exact same way.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Are we chatting in this thread or the gameday one? Anyone have any props/bets they think I should take?

Jan 09 413 ALABAMA TO SCORE 1ST -115
8:30 PM 414 LSU TO SCORE 1ST -115
Jan 09 417 SCORE IN 1ST 7˝ MINS (ALA/LSU) -130
8:30 PM 418 NO SCORE IN 1ST 7˝MIN(ALA/LSU) EV
Jan 09 419 TD 1ST SCORE OF GAME (ALA/LSU) -150
8:30 PM 420 FG/SAFETY 1ST SCORE (ALA/LSU) +120
Jan 09 421 ALABAMA SCORE TD 1ST -175
8:30 PM 422 ALABAMA SCORE FG/SAFETY 1ST +145
Jan 09 423 LSU SCORE TD 1ST -175
8:30 PM 424 LSU SCORE FG/SAFETY 1ST +145
WILL A SPECIAL TEAMS OR DEFENSIVE TD BE SCORED
Jan 09 425 SPECIAL TEAM/DEFENSIVE SCR TD +130
8:30 PM 426 NO SPECIALTEAM/DEFENSIVE SCRTD -160
WILL EITHER TEAM SCORE 3 UNANSWERED TIMES IN GAME.
EXTRA POINT AND 2 PT CONVERSIONS DOES NOT COUNT.
Jan 09 427 A TEAM SCR 3 UNANSWERED TIMES -160
8:30 PM 428 NO TEAM SCR 3 UNANSWERED TIMES +130
Jan 09 429 ALABAMA LONGEST KICKOFF RETURN -125
8:30 PM 430 LSU LONGEST KICKOFF RETURN -105
Jan 09 431 ALABAMA LONGEST PUNT RETURN +125
8:30 PM 432 LSU LONGEST PUNT RETURN -155
Jan 09 433 ALABAMA MOST 1ST DOWNS -˝-110
8:30 PM 434 LSU MOST 1ST DOWNS +˝-120
Jan 09 435 LONGEST TD SCORE (ALA/LSU) o39˝-115
8:30 PM 436 LONGEST TD SCORE (ALA/LSU) u39˝-115
Jan 09 437 ALABAMA LAST SCORE A TD -200
8:30 PM 438 ALABAMA LAST SCORE FG/SAFETY +160
Jan 09 439 LSU LAST SCORE A TD -200
8:30 PM 440 LSU LAST SCORE FG/SAFETY +160
Jan 09 441 TD LAST SCORE OF GAME(ALA-LSU) -200
8:30 PM 442 FG/SAFETY LAST SCORE (ALA-LSU) +160
Jan 09 443 ALABAMA LONGEST PUNT EV
8:30 PM 444 LSU LONGEST PUNT -130
Jan 09 445 ALABAMA LONGEST TD SCORE -115
8:30 PM 446 LSU LONGEST TD SCORE -115
Jan 09 447 TEAM TO SCORE 1ST WIN GAME -135
8:30 PM 448 TEAM TO SCORE 1ST LOSE GAME +105
WHAT WILL HAPPEN FIRST FOR AJ MCCARRON
Jan 09 449 AJ MCCARRON-1ST PLAY TD PASS -130
8:30 PM 450 MCCARRON-1ST PLAY INTERCEPTION EV
WHAT WILL HAPPEN FIRST FOR JORDAN JEFFERSON
Jan 09 451 J JEFFERSON-1ST PLAY TD PASS -125
8:30 PM 452 JEFFERSON-1ST PLAYINTERCEPTION -105
Jan 09 453 AJ MCCARRON COMPLETIONS o16˝-120
8:30 PM 454 AJ MCCARRON COMPLETIONS u16˝-110
Jan 09 455 JORDAN JEFFERSON COMPLETIONS o12˝+120
8:30 PM 456 JORDAN JEFFERSON COMPLETIONS u12˝-150
Jan 09 457 AJ MCCARRON LONGEST COMPLETION o37˝-115
8:30 PM 458 AJ MCCARRON LONGEST COMPLETION u37˝-115
Jan 09 459 JORDAN JEFFERSON LONGEST COMPL o35˝-115
8:30 PM 460 JORDAN JEFFERSON LONGEST COMPL u35˝-115
Jan 09 461 TRENT RICHARDSON RUSHING YDS o110˝-105
8:30 PM 462 TRENT RICHARDSON RUSHING YDS u110˝-125
Jan 09 9401 ALABAMA WINS COIN TOSS -110
8:30 PM 9402 LSU WINS COIN TOSS -110
Jan 09 9419 1ST HALF MORE PTS (ALA-LSU) +˝-120
8:30 PM 9420 2ND HALF+OT MORE PTS (ALA-LSU) -˝-110
Jan 09 9427 ALABAMA TO SCORE 1ST IN 2H -115
8:30 PM 9428 LSU TO SCORE 1ST IN 2H -115
Jan 09 9429 ALABAMA TO SCORE LAST -115
8:30 PM 9430 LSU TO SCORE LAST -115
Jan 09 9431 ALABAMA TO SCORE LAST IN 1H -115
8:30 PM 9432 LSU TO SCORE LAST IN 1H -115
Jan 09 9433 TEAM TO SCORE FIRST WINS GAME -140
8:30 PM 9434 TEAM TO SCORE FIRST LOSES GAME +110
Jan 09 9435 AJ MCCARRON PASSING YRDS -45˝-125
8:30 PM 9436 JORDAN JEFFERSON PASSING YRD +45˝-105
Jan 09 9437 AJ MCCARRON THROWS TD PASS 1ST -140
8:30 PM 9438 AJ MCCARRON THROWS INT 1ST +110
Jan 09 9439 J. JEFFERSON THROWS TDPASS 1ST -120
8:30 PM 9440 J. JEFFERSON THROWS INT 1ST -110
Jan 09 9441 AJ MCCARRON THROWS TD PASS 1ST -165
8:30 PM 9442 J. JEFFERSON THROWS TDPASS 1ST +135
Jan 09 9447 AJ MCCARRON PASS ATTEMPTS o26˝-135
8:30 PM 9448 AJ MCCARRON PASS ATTEMPTS u26˝+105
Jan 09 9449 JORDAN JEFFERSON PASS ATTEMPTS o20˝-115
8:30 PM 9450 JORDAN JEFFERSON PASS ATTEMPTS u20˝-115
Jan 09 9451 AJ MCCARRON TD PASSES o1˝+210
8:30 PM 9452 AJ MCCARRON TD PASSES u1˝-230
Jan 09 9453 JORDAN JEFFERSON TD PASSES o1+140
8:30 PM 9454 JORDAN JEFFERSON TD PASSES u1-170
Jan 09 9459 JORDAN JEFFERSON RUSHING YRDS o26˝-105
8:30 PM 9460 JORDAN JEFFERSON RUSHING YRDS u26˝-125
Jan 09 9463 TRENT RICHARDSON RUSH ATTEMPTS o23˝-105
8:30 PM 9464 TRENT RICHARDSON RUSH ATTEMPTS u23˝-125
Jan 09 9465 TRENT RICHARDSON RECEIVING YRD o32˝-140
8:30 PM 9466 TRENT RICHARDSON RECEIVING YRD u32˝+110
Jan 09 9467 TRENT RICHARDSON RECEPTIONS o2˝-140
8:30 PM 9468 TRENT RICHARDSON RECEPTIONS u2˝+110
Jan 09 9469 EDDIE LACY RUSH+RECEIVING YRDS o42˝EV
8:30 PM 9470 EDDIE LACY RUSH+RECEIVING YRDS u42˝-130
Jan 09 9471 SPENCER WARE RUSHING YARDS o38˝-115
8:30 PM 9472 SPENCER WARE RUSHING YARDS u38˝-115
Jan 09 9473 SPENCER WARE RUSH ATTEMPTS o9˝-120
8:30 PM 9474 SPENCER WARE RUSH ATTEMPTS u9˝-110
Jan 09 9475 MICHAEL FORD RUSHING YARDS o45˝-105
8:30 PM 9476 MICHAEL FORD RUSHING YARDS u45˝-125
Jan 09 9477 ALFRED BLUE RUSHING YARDS o25˝-115
8:30 PM 9478 ALFRED BLUE RUSHING YARDS u25˝-115
Jan 09 9479 KENNY HILLIARD RUSHING YARDS o38˝+120
8:30 PM 9480 KENNY HILLIARD RUSHING YARDS u38˝-150
Jan 09 9481 MARQUIS MAZE RECEIVING YRDS o54˝+115
8:30 PM 9482 MARQUIS MAZE RECEIVING YRDS u54˝-145
Jan 09 9483 MARQUIS MAZE RECEPTIONS o4-125
8:30 PM 9484 MARQUIS MAZE RECEPTIONS u4-105
Jan 09 9485 MARQUIS MAZE LONGEST RECEPTION o24˝EV
8:30 PM 9486 MARQUIS MAZE LONGEST RECEPTION u24˝-130
Jan 09 9487 BRAD SMELLEY RECEIVING YARDS o26˝-130
8:30 PM 9488 BRAD SMELLEY RECEIVING YARDS u26˝EV
Jan 09 9489 BRAD SMELLEY RECEPTIONS o2˝+115
8:30 PM 9490 BRAD SMELLEY RECEPTIONS u2˝-145
Jan 09 9491 BRAD SMELLEY LONGEST RECEPTION o15˝-115
8:30 PM 9492 BRAD SMELLEY LONGEST RECEPTION u15˝-115
Jan 09 9493 KENNY BELL RECEIVING YRDS o20˝+115
8:30 PM 9494 KENNY BELL RECEIVING YRDS u20˝-145
Jan 09 9495 KENNY BELL RECEPTIONS o2+150
8:30 PM 9496 KENNY BELL RECEPTIONS u2-180
Jan 09 9497 KENNY BELL LONGEST RECEPTION o12˝-110
8:30 PM 9498 KENNY BELL LONGEST RECEPTION u12˝-120
Jan 09 9499 DARIUS HANKS RECEIVING YRDS o36˝-110
8:30 PM 9500 DARIUS HANKS RECEIVING YRDS u36˝-120
Jan 09 9501 DARIUS HANKS RECEPTIONS o2˝+110
8:30 PM 9502 DARIUS HANKS RECEPTIONS u2˝-140
Jan 09 9503 DARIUS HANKS LONGEST RECEPTION o18˝-115
8:30 PM 9504 DARIUS HANKS LONGEST RECEPTION u18˝-115
Jan 09 9505 RUEBEN RANDLE RECEIVING YDS o57˝-105
8:30 PM 9506 RUEBEN RANDLE RECEIVING YDS u57˝-125
Jan 09 9507 RUEBEN RANDLE RECEPTIONS o3˝+115
8:30 PM 9508 RUEBEN RANDLE RECEPTIONS u3˝-145
Jan 09 9509 RUEBEN RANDLE LONGEST RECEPTIO o24˝-115
8:30 PM 9510 RUEBEN RANDLE LONGEST RECEPTIO u24˝-115
Jan 09 9511 ODELL BECKHAM RECEIVING YDS o38˝+115
8:30 PM 9512 ODELL BECKHAM RECEIVING YDS u38˝-145
Jan 09 9513 ODELL BECKHAM RECEPTIONS o3+135
8:30 PM 9514 ODELL BECKHAM RECEPTIONS u3-165
Jan 09 9515 ODELL BECKHAM LONGEST RECEPTIO o18˝+105
8:30 PM 9516 ODELL BECKHAM LONGEST RECEPTIO u18˝-135
Jan 09 9517 RUSSELL SHEPARD RUSH+REC YRDS o32˝+110
8:30 PM 9518 RUSSELL SHEPARD RUSH+REC YRDS u32˝-140
Jan 09 9519 RUSSELL SHEPARD RECEPTIONS o2+130
8:30 PM 9520 RUSSELL SHEPARD RECEPTIONS u2-160
Jan 09 9521 RUSSELL SHEPARD LONGEST RECEPT o16˝-115
8:30 PM 9522 RUSSELL SHEPARD LONGEST RECEPT u16˝-115
Jan 09 9523 DEANGELO PETERSON REC YARDS o17˝+105
8:30 PM 9524 DEANGELO PETERSON REC YARDS u17˝-135
Jan 09 9525 DEANGELO PETERSON RECEPTIONS o1˝+110
8:30 PM 9526 DEANGELO PETERSON RECEPTIONS u1˝-140
Jan 09 9527 DEANGELO PETERSON LONGESTRECEP o8˝-115
8:30 PM 9528 DEANGELO PETERSON LONGESTRECEP u8˝-115

COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROPOSITIONS Lines From:01-09-2012 19:56:44
Cut Off # Description Odds
COLLEGE FOOTBALL PROPOSITIONS - Jan 09
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM 1ST TURNOVER OF THE GAME (ALA-LSU)
9529 FUMBLE +125
9530 INTERCEPTION -155
9531 NO TURNOVERS IN GAME +800
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM QUARTER WITH MOST PTS SCORED (ALA-LSU) OT NOT INC.
9536 1ST QUARTER +225
9537 2ND QUARTER +175
9538 3RD QUARTER +250
9539 4TH QUARTER +200
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM WINNING MARGIN (ALA-LSU)
9540 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 1-3 PTS +300
9541 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 4-6 PTS +450
9542 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 7-10 PTS +600
9543 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 11-13 PTS +1000
9544 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 14-17 PTS +1200
9545 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 18-21 PTS +1500
9546 ALABAMA TO WIN BY 22 OR MORE PTS +1000
9547 LSU TO WIN BY 1-3 PTS +350
9548 LSU TO WIN BY 4-6 PTS +500
9549 LSU TO WIN BY 7-10 PTS +550
9550 LSU TO WIN BY 11-13 PTS +1000
9551 LSU TO WIN BY 14-17 PTS +1200
9552 LSU TO WIN BY 18-21 PTS +1500
9553 LSU TO WIN BY 22 OR MORE PTS +1200
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM FIRST SCORING PLAY OF THE GAME (ALA-LSU)
9554 ALABAMA TD +160
9555 ALABAMA FG +330
9556 ALABAMA SAFETY +5500
9557 LSU TD +200
9558 LSU FG +330
9559 LSU SAFETY +5500
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM DOUBLE RESULT (ALA-LSU) 1H-FG. OT NOT INCLUDED
9560 ALABAMA - ALABAMA -110
9561 ALABAMA - TIE +2500
9562 ALABAMA - LSU +600
9563 TIE - ALABAMA +1600
9564 TIE - TIE +10000
9565 TIE - LSU +1800
9566 LSU - ALABAMA +500
9567 LSU - TIE +2500
9568 LSU - LSU +225
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM AJ MCCARRON FIRST PASS OF THE GAME
9569 COMPLETE -165
9570 INCOMPLETE +135
9571 THROWS AN INTERCEPTION +800
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM JORDAN JEFFERSON FIRST PASS OF THE GAME
9572 COMPLETE -150
9573 INCOMPLETE +120
9574 THROWS AN INTERCEPTION +650
Jan 09 - 8:30 PM PLAYER TO SCORE 1ST TD OF THE GAME (ALA-LSU)
9575 AJ MCCARRON +2000
9576 BRAD SMELLEY +800
9577 DARIUS HANKS +800
9578 EDDIE LACEY +1000
9579 JORDAN JEFFERSON +1500
9580 MARQUIS MAZE +800
9581 MICHAEL FORD +800
9582 ODELL BECKHAM +1000
9583 RUEBEN RANDLE +800
9584 RUSSELL SHEPARD +1500
9585 SPENCER WARE +650
9586 TRENT RICHARDSON +250
9587 ALFRED BLUE +800
9588 KENNY HILLIARD +600
9589 FIELD (ANY OTHER PLAYER) +500
9590 NO TD SCORED IN THE GAME +3000

Brodeur
01-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Was that just a botch at the national anthem?

Razor
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Was that just a botch at the national anthem?

I don't know, but he sure as hell sucked.

DBNYDP
01-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't even know...

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
And the rockets red gle-e-eg!

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna nut-up and say LSU, big.

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I've gone Bama on the line(-2).

Also Randle for first TD would be the sex!

So... roll tide?

Still hate having to go for an SEC team! I normally like to cheer for the underdog!

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:33 PM
If Russell Shepard scores the first TD of the game I'm gonna be mad.

ElectricEye
Rueben Randle/Kirkpatrick is going to be interesting to watch if they line up on each other.

Pat Sims 90
Wing is a beast.

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Lol Aussie Pride... listen to them talking up Wing! One of the best ever. Taste it America.

Also... big Jesse. Surely this is the first time there have been 2 aussie "starters" in the NCAA championship?

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Strong start for Bama.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:38 PM
You goin? LOLOLOLOLOL

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Wing could be MVP of this thing :)

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM
Well we know LSU has a better punter for sure.

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
McCarron has to show that he has grown from his first real big game which was the first meeting. Hitting Maze for a couple of big passes is what I think Bama needs. Playing field position against a team with LSU's special teams is a disaster waiting to happen.

LSU needs to keep the passing game in check so they can keep the box stacked to deal with Richardson.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM
They need to block Mingo a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit though.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-09-2012, 07:42 PM
As long as Richardson doesn't get hurt, he's going to be a top 5 back. No doubt. Stud.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Jefferson looked awful there.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:44 PM
No horse collar? Still a hell of a play... Upshaw is a stud...

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
LSU got lucky there, Maze had some space if he didn't pull a hammy.

J-Mike88
01-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Yanked down by the dreadlocks... I love it.

Huge punt return by Mayzzzz!
Can the Tide drive 26 yards???

J-Mike88
01-09-2012, 07:46 PM
No horse collar? Still a hell of a play... Upshaw is a stud...
I think he got the brutha's dreadlocks..... same effect on the runner.
Cut em.

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 07:47 PM
On the other angle it didn't look like Upshaw used the horsecaller. Still surprised the refs didn't call it.

Maze pulling up like that could change the game drastically. There won't be less than eight in the box all night if he's out.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
I maintain that wearing braids in football is stupid and I would seriously consider not allowing it if I were a pro coach (Yankees do it).

1 - You can be tackled
2 - In a game of iiiiiiiiiiiinches, that extra weight/mass could mean the difference between .0000001 seconds and .0000002 seconds. It's stupid, but that's how I feel.

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Since you can't imprison guys for braids or dreads, ripping them to the field while running at full speed is what we must settle for.

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Its so amazing to me that neither of these teams can find QB's worth the ****. These teams are near the top of the polls every year and their QB's just suck ass. I mean LSU has Kiel coming in next year and he's suppose to be pretty good, but my god.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 07:52 PM
I lie Bama's approach to go away from being conservative there. They moved the ball very well at the start of the last game. You've got to go for the kill when you can do that in this sort of game

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I feel like LSU is gonna run a trick play somewhere during this game. Russel Sheppard was a big time QB recruit coming out of high school. (just something to keep in mind.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 07:54 PM
You know what I love about Bama and Saban specifically. Those kids ******* HIT.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Kirpatrick just took JJ out. Gotta love that from one of these lanky corners, you don't see that all that often.

Interesting call by LSU to go to the hurry up.

SickwithIt1010
3rd and 4 run a swing route.

throw to the ******* sticks you dumb ****.

gpngc
Yeah... Jefferson sucks... lol

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah... Jefferson sucks... lol

I guess a good lawyer only helps you get onto the field.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Good job by McCarron getting out of that sack. Baker had him dead to rights. Too bad the throw wasn't quite as good.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Oh Mingo you just had a ******* TD!!!!!

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
What a ******* catch, right on the Honey Badger too. Bama is going for it tonight.

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Wow, that porker in the stands is in shock.

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Nice catch

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Guys I could get LSU +6 right now... should I?

TACKLE
01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
"Honey Badger better care about that one."

well played Musburger.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
....daaaamn. McCarron should have hit that. So close. Looked like the guy could have caught it even if he had timed it right.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Why are you sliding, McCarron. No one really cares about you. You don't need to be protecting yourself lollololol.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Bama faked out the camera crew...and LSU by the looks of it. It's going to really depend on the spot.

Caulibflower
01-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Where's Trent Richardson?

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Just barely. Wow. That's as close as it gets.

Rabscuttle
Generous spot.

princefielder28
Just barely. Wow. That's as close as it gets.

good risk to take

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I think their spot was insanely accurate... but that angle kinda sucked...

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:12 PM
It is a good risk LSU offense can't do anything against Bama.

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:15 PM
That guy got lit up

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Should have faked it again.

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Bama needs a new FG team for real

Pat Sims 90
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
That guy got lit up

If it was the NFL that would have been a penality for some teams.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
who is up for a game of field goal toss?

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Micahel Brockers is really underrated. Interesting potential 5 technique.

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Les Miles should of let Jordan Jefferson go to Bama. He didn't even want him until he saw him on Bama sidelines during a recruiting trip.

SchizophrenicBatman
Micahel Brockers is really underrated. Interesting potential 5 technique.

i want him at 8/9 over the devon still/quinton coples pupu platter

wogitalia
This has been a really good game. Loved that hit and it's so bad that I was looking for some idiot ref to run in with a flag...

Yes... It's the Craig Wing show.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Mingo just owned two guys.

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I want Mingo to be a titan so bad.

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Fluker is one seriously big boy.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Mingo has som Von Miller in him. And he looks good dropping in coverage...

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Richardson is a stud.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:30 PM
TRich is MJD one inch taller...

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Mingo has som Von Miller in him. And he looks good dropping in coverage...

That play was a good example of why he still needs some seasoning though. You lock onto him and he has a hard time getting away.

Caulibflower
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Why do they keep giving it to Lacey on third downs? WTF, Saban? You know you have Trent Richardson on the bench, right?

Complex
Mingo has played well against the run not just that play

gpngc
That play was a good example of why he still needs some seasoning though. You lock onto him and he has a hard time getting away.

Not there lololol.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Brockers needs some hype. So let's give him hype. I would gladly take him in New England with one of our picks.

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Why do they keep giving it to Lacey on third downs? WTF, Saban? You know you have Trent Richardson on the bench, right?

I think they are going to use him in the 2nd half after LSU defense is worn down. Lacey isn't half bad.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I think they are going to use him in the 2nd half after LSU defense is worn down. Lacey isn't half bad.

That's what I'm thinking too. They feel like they can control the game so they don't want to give him 12ish carries in the first half. They'll give him 20 in the 2nd half...

scottyboy
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
upshaw looks really good. He's helping his stock big time for the tide

Caulibflower
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Jordan Jefferson sucks.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
upshaw looks really good. He's helping his stock big time for the tide

Yeah, he's doing things. Good tackle there.

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Put in Lee for real. Bama just needs to play no mistakes... LSU can't do anything on offense at all lolololol

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Anyone else besides me like Eric Reid as a safety in the NFL?

gpngc
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
It's difficult to judge these safeties because no one can throw on either of these defenses... so I'd guess they are all awesome... lol

Complex
01-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Mingo is so fast I wonder what his 40 is

He just threw DJ Fluker on his ass

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
This game ****** blows.

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Great first half of football.

Two defenses playing lights out football, Bama just doing a nice job of moving but they aren't getting a touchdown.

So impressive how these defenses don't make mistakes, I reckon Detroit had more missed tackles in multiple individual drives than these teams have combined in the half.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
jordan jefferson being jordan jefferson and aj mccaron overthrowing a wide open wr = great defense

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 08:50 PM
This game ****** blows.

Completely disagree. Go watch basketball.

descendency
01-09-2012, 08:50 PM
43? On LSU has made some nice plays.

I don't know what his number is, but he's the LDE.

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Completely disagree. Go watch basketball.

Well agree to disagree...

Rabscuttle
LSU made some good halftime adjustments last time. We'll see how the Madhatter does this time around.

Bama has one of those all-time type defenses. Just so well coached, it's something special to watch.

gpngc
Jefferson hasn't even ATTEMPTED a pass down the field. That's alarming...

descendency
01-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Jefferson hasn't even ATTEMPTED a pass down the field. That's alarming...

He sucks at throwing the ball only slightly more than Lee does.

scottyboy
This game ****** blows.

are you kidding me? this game is awesome. Sorry it's not a high scoring battle with ****** defenses and just long bombs. this is some hard hitting, good defensive football

ElectricEye
I think it's interesting how committed LSU is to Jefferson in spite of him doing them basically no good, especially in a game like this. The hurry-up kind of stuff they were doing early looked like it was creating space, but he tripped once and misplayed the option on the other one. With how fast Bama can close, you can't do that sort of stuff.

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
are you kidding me? this game is awesome. Sorry it's not a high scoring battle with ****** defenses and just long bombs. this is some hard hitting, good defensive football

Im sorry that I would like to see even mediocre QB play. Its the national title game, is that too much to ask?

descendency
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
I think it's interesting how committed LSU is to Jefferson in spite of him doing them basically no good, especially in a game like this. The hurry-up kind of stuff they were doing early looked like it was creating space, but he tripped once and misplayed the option on the other one. With how fast Bama can close, you can't do that sort of stuff.

It's because they have literally the two worst QBs in the NCAA.

Ozzy
01-09-2012, 08:57 PM
This is getting real old....all the announcers/fans saying 'this game is so boring, it is all field goals....it is boring football' blah blah blah.........

Fact is ladies, there are arguably, regardless of class, 28 NFL prospects defensively on the field tonight.

I say it is damn fun football to watch, a game where defense actually matters and actually does its job!

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Thank you for noticing the same thing I have lol.

scottyboy
01-09-2012, 08:58 PM
Im sorry that I would like to see even mediocre QB play. Its the national title game, is that too much to ask?

you do realize that these defenses would be giving Luck and RG3 fits, right? these are 2 of the best defenses in recent memory. Like, dominating defensive performances. I don't understand how people are complaining about this game. These 2 defenses are unreal

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't think anyone is taking any credit away from the great defenses, but you're kidding yourselves if you refuse to acknowledge how terrible these quarterbacks are. They're downright awful.

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
you do realize that these defenses would be giving Luck and RG3 fits, right? these are 2 of the best defenses in recent memory. Like, dominating defensive performances. I don't understand how people are complaining about this game. These 2 defenses are unreal

They would be giving them fits...they would be giving anyone fits, but they wouldnt be out there looking like a high school QB.

Its LSU and Alabama...they bring in top 5 recruiting classes every year, make an effort to get a QB worth the ****.

scottyboy
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
while I agree, the QB play, especially LSU and Jefferson, are absolute horse ****, the play on defense is a ton of fun to watch

gpngc
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
^McCarron's playing smart.

This game reeks of 'exactly what I planned' from Saban...

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't think anyone is taking any credit away from the great defenses, but you're kidding yourselves if you refuse to acknowledge how terrible these quarterbacks are. They're downright awful.

McCarron has been very good. He missed one throw down the field by a few inches. The guy could have caught it if he timed it right, even.

Ozzy really said it; there's like a billion NFL prospects in this game. If that's boring to you, pick another sport. I hate it when people crap on games like this and then jerk off to Baylor and Washington scoring 90 points a piece, even though that's fun too.

SickwithIt1010
while I agree, the QB play, especially LSU and Jefferson, are absolute horse ****, the play on defense is a ton of fun to watch

I agree, its just hard to watch these QB's. I played QB so I pay a lot of attention to it.

SchizophrenicBatman
i would take many high school qbs over jordan jefferson

SickwithIt1010
01-09-2012, 09:02 PM
i would take many high school qbs over jordan jefferson

I honestly feel like I could do what he's doing right now. Make sure I stay alive from the snap to the hand off? No prob! 2 yd swing routes? yes please! lol

extreme, yes I know but still.

Complex
01-09-2012, 09:05 PM
That all state guy looks like one of the guys from the league.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
It's football. How many games are played where you don't have a team with at least one deficient element? Honestly, it's refreshing to see something like this in the era of spread offenses and 5000 passing yard seasons. Where are you guys in these defense optional games? Offenses with no opposition, which is far more prevalent, is just as flawed of a game.

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
What do you want, a glorified 7 on 7 drill? You got your wish for that in those other bowls.

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Really, McCarron is playing about as well as anyone has against LSU all year. Elite defenses make QBs look bad and whilst Jefferson isn't doing anything to help his cause, no one is going to dominate that defense, as evidenced by the entire season to date.

Really, this is a flat out good game with great defense being played by both teams.

AgentM
01-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Woah there, my school Pitt and it's QB Tino Sunseri (yes, the same family as Bama's coach and safety) take that title. I'd have killed to have either of these QB's here this year haha

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Also... how much of an agenda do the commentators have... I don't know if I've ever seen commentators throw the game they are commentating under the bus like this, I thought their job was to sell the product? All they've done is ***** about how the offense aren't scoring enough?

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Nice return to start it off!

gpngc
Also... how much of an agenda do the commentators have... I don't know if I've ever seen commentators throw the game they are commentating under the bus like this, I thought their job was to sell the product? All they've done is ***** about how the offense aren't scoring enough?

If you've stayed with it up until now, nothing will make you leave...

descendency
^McCarron's playing smart.

This game reeks of 'exactly what I planned' from Saban...

McCarron is exactly what Saban wants, especially out of a young guy.

AgentM
McCarron is getting more comfortable, gotta love this!

SchizophrenicBatman
i feel like every pass has been completed on mathieu

ElectricEye
Yup, McCarron is easily playing like **** and is one of the two worst quarterbacks in the nation.

Complex
01-09-2012, 09:15 PM
They need to put Morris Claiborne on Hanks.

Brent
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Jeremy Shelley, National Championship MVP.

Yup.

ElectricEye
LSU's defensive tackles have long ass arms.

wogitalia
Bell is really fast!

Would love a Randle touchdown here for financial reasons :)

descendency
Yup, McCarron is easily playing like **** and is one of the two worst quarterbacks in the nation.

Woah woah. Jarrett Lee is #1 or #2 and Jordan Jefferson is the other one.

lol@Tino Sunseri.

edit: McCarron is having a decent game...

Bucs147
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Has Claiborne been target once since the beginning of the game ? He's sure getting the Nmandi syndrome, I feel McCarron has never look at his side a single time.

AgentM
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Could Bama be the first team to ever score 21 points on 7 field goals in a game?

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Great throw, Jordan.

wogitalia
That's an awful drop.

ElectricEye
He could have caught that. Good play by Lester though.

Brent
how does LSU struggle to find talented QBs?

gpngc
Alligator arms...

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Nice way to bounce back from that!

4U2NV
01-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Another big play by Upshaw!

Complex

USC takejs them all. Ask Florida State and Miami back in the early 2000s about finding a QB.

wogitalia

Flynn, Russell... everyone gets a bad couple now and then... should have been Perioluoux for a while as well...

soybean

fits, ok yeah but you have to also admit Jordan Jefferson and Aj McCarron aren't in the same LEAGUE as Luck or RG3.

ElectricEye
Might be a good idea to block Bama's best front seven guy...

gpngc
01-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Pass pro fail followed by pass pro success but it doesn't matter with JJ back there...

SchizophrenicBatman
i like how jefferson thought he could pick up 3rd and 14 with his legs

scottyboy
fits, ok yeah but you have to also admit Jordan Jefferson and Aj McCarron aren't in the same LEAGUE as Luck or RG3.

when did I say they were?

Caulibflower
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
This.

This is getting real old....all the announcers/fans saying 'this game is so boring, it is all field goals....it is boring football' blah blah blah.........

Fact is ladies, there are arguably, regardless of class, 28 NFL prospects defensively on the field tonight.

I say it is damn fun football to watch, a game where defense actually matters and actually does its job!

This.

McCarron has been very good. He missed one throw down the field by a few inches. The guy could have caught it if he timed it right, even.

Ozzy really said it; there's like a billion NFL prospects in this game. If that's boring to you, pick another sport. I hate it when people crap on games like this and then jerk off to Baylor and Washington scoring 90 points a piece, even though that's fun too.

And this.

Really, McCarron is playing about as well as anyone has against LSU all year. Elite defenses make QBs look bad and whilst Jefferson isn't doing anything to help his cause, no one is going to dominate that defense, as evidenced by the entire season to date.

Really, this is a flat out good game with great defense being played by both teams.

If this isn't your "style" of football, feel free to return to your NCAA '12 dynasty.

soybean
01-09-2012, 09:25 PM
when did I say they were?

basically saying that "yeah, the defenses have been amazing but it's also great defenses vs. horrible qb play."

sickwitit was just stating he wanted to see good qb play.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
i dont know what good defense has to do with leaving guys totally unblocked

thats acc level play

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Flynn, Russell... everyone gets a bad couple now and then... should have been Perioluoux for a while as well...

Flynn was never great, and Russell wasn't all that amazing either, but had a great BCS game that boosted his stock a bunch. They've gone for athletes recently in Perrilloux and Jefferson, funny thing that Texas had a shot at both those guys, Perrilloux spurned his commitment and Jefferson chose LSU over Texas because they were gonna let him play QB. But being as huge a recruiting dream as they are, you'd think they would have an easier job getting QBs.

Also, Courtney Upshaw looks a little too big for my liking, he's a guy we've been linked to at 14.

saintsfan912
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Guess we can't beat a great team and the refs. **** you big 12.

stl705
Its an ok game, I may be on the side who likes a little more offense than defense though ;-).

LSU had better step up on offense or this one will be over if Bama can get a td... It's really not looking close right now.

wogitalia
Yeah... McCarron has been awful today, just woeful to watch.

Are there like two versions of this game showing or something?

SchizophrenicBatman
01-09-2012, 09:28 PM
that play is an example of good offense beating good defense

ElectricEye
McCarron is confirming what I thought before the game. Not a great NFL prospect, but the talk about him being awful is totally unfounded. He's going to be a real good college quarterback, even.

Mufasa

Oh shut up

LonghornsLegend
It's gonna be awesome when Bama goes on to dominate this game and I have to listen to everyone ***** about how it's unfair all off-season that Bama is national champs. That's not gonna get old or anything. /sarcasm

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 09:29 PM
basically saying that "yeah, the defenses have been amazing but it's also great defenses vs. horrible qb play."

That's what those 7 on 7 games are for. When FSU's defense was on top it made opposing qb's look like garbage too. They got in guys' heads and they would miss on plays even when they got time and open targets. It happens when great defenses are on the field, we are just in an era where we see very few.

soybean
01-09-2012, 09:30 PM
The SEC is guaranteed a spot in the BCS NC every where until they change the format.

Rabscuttle
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM
The SEC is guaranteed a spot in the BCS NC every where until they change the format.

A playoff might be even better for them.

MetSox17
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm just glad LSU is looking like the loser tonight. How pissed are they gonna be that they ran the table on that tough ass schedule and they lose in the National Championship game on a rematch? Against a Bama team with a way easier schedule? This is playing out perfectly.

wogitalia

Not sure what that's in reference to? Think the Big 12 Refs are doing a better job than any of their teams would have! j/p Big 12 fans!

Refs have had no influence, which is the best thing I can say about refs.

scottyboy

wow, I said that?

weird, I thought I was saying how I enjoy this game because of the ridiculously talented defenses...and while I agreed Jefferson is garbage, I'm pretty sure sickwitit commented he wanted better QB play AFTER my initial response.

but I guess what you said I said is probably right

Brent
But being as huge a recruiting dream as they are, you'd think they would have an easier job getting QBs.
That's kind of my point. You'd think with all the QBs we churn out of Texas, that at least ONE would think, "boy, they have a lot of talent, I should go there."

saintsfan912
Oh shut up

Yea bc a team has zero penalties all game? Never happens dude. Neither does a guy wave sideways calling a 'fair catch'. Please.

ElectricEye
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
I know it's been said before, but I still don't understand why LSU went with Jefferson. Their offense looked far less limited with Lee earlier in the year.

Complex
01-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Jordan Jefferson is a ****** option QB.

Caulibflower
Oh My God His Leg!

soybean
HAHHAHAHAHAHHA! I have never seen a duck shovel pass

Paul
Holy **** Leg

SchizophrenicBatman
its a shame this is the last game jordan jefferson will ever play because "jordan jefferson face" is highly underrated

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm just glad LSU is looking like the loser tonight. How pissed are they gonna be that they ran the table on that tough ass schedule and they lose in the National Championship game on a rematch? Against a Bama team with a way easier schedule?

Yeah blame the NCAA and BCS because they couldn't beat the a great team twice. Let's not be ridiculous here, these are the two best teams in the country, having watched the other teams in the top 8, none of them are close to these two.

Playoff wouldn't help any of the other conferences. The same two teams would be playing, or they'd be playing Arkansas if they had knocked each other out before the title game.

soybean
wow, I said that?

weird, I thought I was saying how I enjoy this game because of the ridiculously talented defenses...and while I agreed Jefferson is garbage, I'm pretty sure sickwitit commented he wanted better QB play AFTER my initial response.

but I guess what you said I said is probably right

my mistake.

ElectricEye
You got to bench him. Have to.

Paul
Stop showing the highlight

Caulibflower
01-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I don't even want to know if it was as bad as I thought I was seeing. I didn't want to watch the replays. ****. Geez, that is a bad one.

scottyboy
Yea bc a team has zero penalties all game? Never happens dude. Neither does a guy wave sideways calling a 'fair catch'. Please.

do you want me to make you a wahmburger for when you get out of the wahbulance? with a side of french cries?

give me a ******* break

CashmoneyDrew
Soooooo, when's OK State vs. Bama?

Rabscuttle
That was gruesome.

LonghornsLegend
Stop showing the highlight

Exactly. Jesus christ. It was obvious what happened, but let's show it 4 times and slower each time.

MetSox17
That's kind of my point. You'd think with all the QBs we churn out of Texas, that at least ONE would think, "boy, they have a lot of talent, I should go there."

Ya'll opening the Texas recruiting door to SEC schools should make that a lot easier for them now. :/

gpngc
01-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Why is Kirkpatrick so mad?

Caulibflower
Exactly. Jesus christ. It was obvious what happened, but let's show it 4 times and slower each time.

His leg was freaking sticking up into Jordan Jefferson's face at a crazy angle. We don't need the replays. That's just... pornographic, almost, to show it over and over. You understand it'll happen sometimes because it's a sport, but we don't need to watch something like that over and over again when you know it's a catastrophic injury immediately.

stl705
I agree with anyone or anything said that promotes a playoff system. Top 12 or 16 teams in country, top 2 get a first week bye if its 12 teams. Would love to see Luck or Griffin against one of these defenses!

draftguru151
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM

Jefferson was a high 4*, Shep was a 5* QB who got moved. Maybe Gunner Kiel can not suck.

Canes finally got their Texas QB. I'm excited.

Complex
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Jordan Jefferson should drop out of LSU.

Rabscuttle
Soooooo, when's OK State vs. Bama?

That would be one hell of an ass-whooping. What would Bama open as, a three touchdown favourite?

Brent
Ya'll opening the Texas recruiting door to SEC schools should make that a lot easier for them now. :/
Texas kids stay at Texas schools. Regardless of conference.

wogitalia
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Shelley always looks so damned ridiculous in pads and helmet, really makes kickers look bad physically!

brat316
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree with anyone or anything said that promotes a playoff system. Top 12 or 16 teams in country, top 2 get a first week bye if its 12 teams. Would love to see Luck or Griffin against one of these defenses!

Still not fair. If you going to do it, must be conference champs and like 2 or 4 wildcard teams. As in highest ranked teams that are not division winners, gotta have some controversy.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
yeah, i'm not entirely sure how a team led by a qb that bad won any games. even accounting for their defense being really, really good. jefferson is horrific.

well, he was suspended when they had to play teams they couldnt shut out in the beginning of the year

Complex
Haha Jordan Jefferson must be blackmailing Les.

Caulibflower

I'd like to see something like a playoff of conference champions, with wildcards being the highest-ranked non-conference championship teams to fill out a 16-team playoff field. So smaller conferences will always get represented out of principle, but you'd always make sure the best teams in the country get a chance to play.

ElectricEye
Honestly, I'm not real surprised by this. LSU is far more flashy defensively, but Bama is just as good. LSU lost the game everywhere except where it counted the first time around.

...and damn. I really like Kirkpatrick.

Brent
Jefferson was a high 4*, Shep was a 5* QB who got moved. Maybe Gunner Kiel can not suck.
those rankings are worthless.

Canes finally got their Texas QB. I'm excited.
Which means he'll probably be awesome. Did you know that a few years ago, there were like 20-something college teams with Texas QBs starting for them?

soybean
01-09-2012, 09:43 PM
It's ok everyone just wait exactly one year, we will avenge all you college football fans who are a fan of good quarterbacking.

I hope we play LSU.

scottyboy
really? swing passes? jesus, put Lee in.

brat316
Man the bama Dline just wants it more.

draftguru151
01-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Get Jefferson the **** off the field.

wogitalia
Screw standing in that pocket, wouldn't blame him if he Gabberted then and tried to take off!

ElectricEye
You have to bench him. You need any kind of spark you can get, even if Lee comes in and throws a pick. Any kind of movement is better than what you are getting right now.

gpngc
No anticipation whatsoever...

I think he's attempted 2 passes over 3 yards all game...

LSU at this point needs to just try to strip the ball. That's their best chance to score.

LonghornsLegend
USC takejs them all. Ask Florida State and Miami back in the early 2000s about finding a QB.

Everybody thinks they have a QB when they scout him. I don't think anybody really saw Texas landing Gilbert and saying "wtf? They needed a real QB". Most those teams are still landing 4* and 5* QB's some just don't ever pan out.

soybean
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Les don't be an idiot, you owe nothing to Jordan Jefferson. Your loyalty is to the fans and when YOU HEAR THEM BOOING THE TEAM AT THE NC GAME, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM.