PDA

View Full Version : Colts 2007 Schedule

RyanLeaf#1
03-27-2007, 07:35 AM
No surprise here. The Colts will be opening the season on Thursday night against the New Orleans Saints. I personally would have had them open the season on Sunday, but now we just get to embarass the Saints on national television.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2813500

MaxV
03-27-2007, 11:40 AM
We also get a Thankgiving game, but it'll be on the NFL Network.

RyanLeaf#1
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM
We also get a Thankgiving game, but it'll be on the NFL Network.

I dont mind that at all. Nothing like getting fat, getting drunk, then watching your team slaughter somebody.

MaxV
03-27-2007, 12:31 PM
I dont mind that at all. Nothing like getting fat, getting drunk, then watching your team slaughter somebody.

Yeah, but I don't have the NFL Network. So I'll be just geting fat and drunk.

RCAChainGang
03-27-2007, 07:53 PM
I wouldnt count out the Saints so quick. This one could be close...

Geo
03-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Both games are fantastic and exciting, can't wait.

Although I don't agree at all with the claim that Saints had the best offense in football last year, they indeed were one of the league's best and they now come into this game with a year with Sean Payton under their belt. The Saints definitely have their share of playmakers, and Brees has come into the RCA Dome and given the Colts grief back when he was a Chargers player. What a way to open the 2007 season.

It will be sort of strange to see the Colts open the season at home, considering they haven't done so since 1999, and the Dome will be rocking at what could be a playoff level - especially after they raise the Super Bowl XLI Championship banner. Hey, it's the last season opener at the RCA Dome, hopefully they send it out in style with a win and keep last year's undefeated streak alive.

As for the Thanksgiving game at Atlanta, I absolutely love it but I'm lucky to have access to NFL Network. As perfect a football setting as Thanksgiving may be, it seems to have more duds than gems in terms of the actual games, but the Colts traveling to Altanta to play the Falcons should deliver one of the latter imo. 99% of the time, the Falcons soak up the lights of primetime and play very well, and I expect that to be the case in this game. Michael Vick in his home dome is a scary proposition, although it will be interesting to see how the Colts' speedy defense matches up. Another excellent game.

Bob Sanders seems to enjoy playing on primetime, and plays well, so hopefully he and other players make that a trend this year. Plus, the incredible spotlight the Colts play with gives the young players the experience to preform under pressure before the playoffs, which I think is a great boon - it's crazy to think that guys like Joseph Addai and Antoine Bethea started their professional careers in one of the most frenzied atmospheres I've seen in recent years when they opened Sunday Night Football in Giants Stadium, the "Manning Bowl." Imo the regular season the Colts went through, where they were getting every team's best every week, helped them when the playoffs came.

You play a team like the Saints and the Falcons in front of the nation, home or away, you'll be tested. And we can't wait to watch.

Geo
04-02-2007, 10:58 PM
The Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts' pre-season schedule has been announced:

Thursday, August 9th, 8 PM ET [FOX]
Indianapolis Colts at Dallas Cowboys

Monday, August 20th, 8 PM ET [ESPN]
Chicago Bears at Indianapolis Colts

Saturday, August 25th, 7 PM ET
Detroit Lions at Indianapolis Colts

Friday, August 31st, 7:30 PM ET
Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals

MaxV
04-03-2007, 08:05 AM
The Super Bowl XLI Champion Indianapolis Colts' pre-season schedule has been announced:

WEEK 1, August 9-13
Indianapolis Colts at Dallas Cowboys (FOX, 8/9, 8 p.m.)

WEEK 2, August 16-20
Chicago Bears at Indianapolis Colts (ESPN, 8/20, 8 p.m.)

WEEK 3, August 23-27
Detroit Lions at Indianapolis Colts

WEEK 4, August 31 - September 2
Indianapolis Colts at Cincinnati Bengals

The regular season schedule will be revealed later this week.

As ussual we'll probably play terrible during the pre-season, but well in the regular season.

Geo
04-11-2007, 12:18 PM
07 Colts schedule

Sep 6 New Orleans 8:30pm NBC
Sep 16 @Tennessee 1:00pm
Sep 23 @Houston 1:00pm
Sep 30 Denver 4:15pm CBS
Oct 7 Tampa Bay 4:05pm
Week 6 BYE
Oct 22 @Jacksonville 1:00pm ESPN
Oct 28 @Carolina 12:00pm
Nov 4 New England 4:15pm CBS
Nov 11 @San Diego 8:15pm NBC
Nov 18 Kansas City 1:00pm
Nov 22 @Atlanta 8:15pm NFLN
Dec 2 Jacksonville 1:00pm
Dec 9 @Baltimore 8:15pm NBC
Dec 16 @Oakland 4:05pm
Dec 23 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 30 Tennessee 1:00pm

Look after the bye week: back-to-back road games at Jacksonville and at Carolina, followed by the rematch against New England, and then a road game at San Diego. A home game afterwards in a playoff rematch against Kansas City, and then a short week for Atlanta on Thanksgiving. And then a home game against Jacksonville, and capped off with the playoff rematch against Baltimore on the road.

Holy smokes, Batman.

IndyColtScout
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Well thats a sick schedule. I don't think there is a chance in hell for the Colts to go undefeated, but I think 11-5 or 12-4 is possible. You know what else is possible... Peyton going down and the Colts going 3-13 w/ that schedule. Some good defenses on that schedule that Sorgi would have to deal with.

Geo
04-11-2007, 01:08 PM
It's certainly challenging, but that has benefits for preparing the Colts for the playoffs. And it should definitely be fun to watch.

MaxV
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah, it's a tough schedule, but with so much parity in the NFL now, every team has to play tough opponents.

RCAChainGang
04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
if peyton goes down well have the first pick!!!! :P

RyanLeaf#1
05-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Well thats a sick schedule. I don't think there is a chance in hell for the Colts to go undefeated, but I think 11-5 or 12-4 is possible. You know what else is possible... Peyton going down and the Colts going 3-13 w/ that schedule. Some good defenses on that schedule that Sorgi would have to deal with.

If Peyton goes down there is no way the Colts got 3-13. If Sorgi is just an average Qb look at all the weapons he has around him. I would say if Peyton got hurt in the preseason for the whole year. The Colts would still go 10-6.

MaxV
05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
It doesn't matter what our record for next year is, we already traded our 1st rounder away.

Geo
05-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Last year before the season, I reasonably thought the Colts had a good chance to go 12-4, and it turns out they did although I certainly didn't expect the trio of: (1) Going undefeated at home; (2) yet losing 3 games in December; and (3) all the while dealing with the particular injuries they did (I had Corey Simon as a Comeback Player of the Year candidate - hopefully I was a year off).

I feel the same this year, I think the Colts have a good chance to go 12-4 in the regular season again.

That stretch after the bye week, which not only features challenging team after another but 6 out of 9 games are on the road, is certainly going to test the mettle of the Colts (Oakland has a playoff-caliber defense and the Raiders play better at home). But I'm a believer that last year's difficult schedule helped strengthen the Colts for the playoffs, especially in terms of winning tight games - maybe this year will do the same.