PDA

View Full Version : List your top 5 RBs based on receiving skills.

lod01
12-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm looking for the top guys that will be in the 2012 draft. Who has the best hands out of the backfield?

shylo3716
12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Although I dislike the guy, but LaMichael James is a pretty good pass catcher.

keylime_5
12-27-2011, 01:14 PM
James, Richardson, and Miller are all pretty good prospects in terms of being able to catch the ball as receivers.

rawdawg
12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
In no order:

LaMichael James, Jeff Demps, Isaiah Pead, David Wilson, Chris Rainey

Babylon
12-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Chris Polk of Washington needs to be in the top 5 if not at the top of the list.

A Perfect Score
12-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Chris Polk of Washington needs to be in the top 5 if not at the top of the list.

Chris Polk is a guy I've grown to really like as a prospect. I think he's going to be a very pleasant surprise for whichever team drafts him. I'm a fan, myself.

Babylon
12-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Chris Polk is a guy I've grown to really like as a prospect. I think he's going to be a very pleasant surprise for whichever team drafts him. I'm a fan, myself.

I'm biased as a Husky fan but as i've said i'd rather take him in the second round than any of the others in the first round, maybe that's just me.

K Train
12-27-2011, 02:54 PM
ha i just posted about folk in the comnparison thread...hes a great recieving back.

richardson is good too for a big back, he wont get the credit he deserves for his catching ability though

Caulibflower
12-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Polk's one of my favorites, too. From his scout.com profile as a HS senior:

"Last season while starring at tailback, wide out, and defensive back, Chris Polk rushed for 384 yards on 62 carries and had 62 receptions for 1,167 yards, and a total of 23 touchdowns (11 rushing/12 receiving)...

"Polk: "I’m very aggressive and go to the ball. I play wide receiver like a running back and will come at you and run you over. But I also have good finesse and am a good runner.

"I want to work on my route running and not just use my speed so much. I need to improve my feet." "

Seems like he was actually anticipating being a wide receiver in college. I like him a lot in the second round, maybe even late first. Think he'll be a solid starter and a Pro Bowler in the right situation. I like the Matt Forte comparisons, but I think Polk is a bit more physical. Forte's more of a slider.

Caulibflower
12-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Could pretty easily see him going to the Pats or the Packers at the end of the first round, two teams that A) throw a lot and B) lack a strong, versatile running back. both those teams platoon depending on what they're doing; Polk would make those offenses more unpredictable because he brings so much to the table. He's probably my #2 behind Richardson, but like I think Babylon said, I'd rather have Polk in the second than Richardson in the first.

Da Big Harv
12-27-2011, 04:05 PM
Rodney Steward should be a big weapon in the screen game in the NFL until he gets broken in half. kinda like a Quizz Rogers very elusive little water bug.

ellsy82
12-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Trent Robinson
Chris Polk
Bobby Rainey
Adonis Thomas
Chris Rainey