PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again: Oregon's bowl uniforms

soybean
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
http://images.thepostgame.com/sites/default/files/oregonuniforms4%5B122711%5D_345x259.jpg

http://images.thepostgame.com/sites/default/files/oregonuniforms1%5B122711%5D_345x259.jpg

http://images.thepostgame.com/sites/default/files/oregonuniforms3%5B122711%5D_345x259.jpg

http://www.thepostgame.com/sites/default/files/oregonducks%5B122712%5D_portrait.jpg

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201112/darth-vader-playing-rose-bowl

TACKLE
12-27-2011, 01:12 PM
those helmets.....too sick.

CJSchneider
12-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Those are so ******* awesome. I have a boner!

Cigaro
12-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Jizzed. Those look pretty badass.

Sloopy
12-27-2011, 11:36 PM
I love teams who play dress up!!!!!... Oh wait... Thats right, I don't...

Why don't you ask Oregon where cool uniforms got them in their last two bowl games

/rant

Brent
12-27-2011, 11:59 PM
how can you see **** in those photos? it's so dark

MidwayMonster31
12-28-2011, 12:15 AM
The point being to be dark and edgy. It works though.

bearsfan_51
12-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Dear Nike,

There are colors other than black.

CashmoneyDrew
12-28-2011, 01:14 AM
So, so dumb.

Borat
12-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Do want. (10)

SickwithIt1010
12-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Numbers will also change colors at different angles while they are running. *According to my buddy on the team* He said watch out for the cleats as well, they will be unveiling something crazy supposedly.

Brent
12-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Dear Nike,

you're right, like shiny black!

what's sad is that this is a recruiting tool that works.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I love em.

Smooth Criminal
12-28-2011, 11:24 AM
I like these ones a lot. Some of theirs I think just look ******** but these ones are so damn sick.

killxswitch
12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
I can't see **** in that picture.

Brent
12-28-2011, 11:54 AM
I can't see **** in that picture.
Yeah, seriously.

diabsoule
12-28-2011, 12:29 PM
I ******* love 'em!

brat316
12-28-2011, 12:42 PM
last year some of us complained about the bright colors, now they make it dark and now complains about dark colors. Nike can't win with some of you.

I do like them...but around the shoulder pad area, is that reflective material?

Brent
12-28-2011, 12:46 PM
last year some of us complained about the bright colors, now they make it dark and now complains about dark colors. Nike can't win with some of you.

I don't care about how dark the colors are, the problem is that you cannot see **** in those photos.

soybean
12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't care about how dark the colors are, the problem is that you cannot see **** in those photos.

the flagship of the whole design are the new helmets.

Sloopy
12-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I think it's ridiculous that kids are actually lured to this program for the 70 something different uniform combinations they have.

Go ahead and blast me for being a "hater" but I really can't stand this, I mean we are talking about football for christ sake. Why are we talking about this **** like it's project ******* runway?

Case in point:

the flagship of the whole design are the new helmets.

No offense to you soybean or bhaarat but I mean really guys? Is this what football/recruiting is going to become?

D-Unit
12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I think it's ridiculous that kids are actually lured to this program for the 70 something different uniform combinations they have.

Go ahead and blast me for being a "hater" but I really can't stand this, I mean we are talking about football for christ sake. Why are we talking about this **** like it's project ******* runway?

Case in point:

No offense to you soybean or bhaarat but I mean really guys? Is this what football/recruiting is going to become?
It's an undeniable lure. It's not a new idea. This has been happening on the college landscape for ages.

Sloopy
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
It's an undeniable lure. It's not a new idea. This has been happening on the college landscape for ages.

I don't mind teams having one or two alternate jersey's (especially throwbacks) and there is nothing wrong with trying to make your main jersey's look good but having over 70 different uniforms is just ridiculous.

You have to wonder what the kids are focusing on more, the jersey's or the big game ahead. The last two years where they have done this sort of unveiling of their bowl game uniforms have ended in losses.

If I were on the coaching staff I would want my kids focused on the books and would try and filter out as much of the hoopla as possible (including the selection of uniforms)

There are enough distractions leading up to these bowl games as it is, why add another?

TACKLE
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Dear Nike,

doI9mJaBvfE

D-Unit
12-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't mind teams having one or two alternate jersey's (especially throwbacks) and there is nothing wrong with trying to make your main jersey's look good but having over 70 different uniforms is just ridiculous.

You have to wonder what the kids are focusing on more, the jersey's or the big game ahead. The last two years where they have done this sort of unveiling of their bowl game uniforms have ended in losses.

If I were on the coaching staff I would want my kids focused on the books and would try and filter out as much of the hoopla as possible (including the selection of uniforms)

There are enough distractions leading up to these bowl games as it is, why add another?
If you were on the coaching staff, you would love the advantage of this recruiting trick more. I don't think it's much of a distraction at all. All they do is put it on and be happy about it.

I get where you're thinking... but I think that's a bit old fashion. I personally don't like it because it's a pretty big unfair advantage and I think it's almost like a borderline "gift giving" incentive.

YAYareaRB
12-28-2011, 02:46 PM

Case in point:

its not like they suck at football or anything. I mean if you got the hook up at nike, why not use it?

soybean
12-28-2011, 05:10 PM
i only agree with sweater-vest-mafia if the uniforms were Oregon's main and only selling point to recruits.

Sloopy
12-28-2011, 06:45 PM
If you were on the coaching staff, you would love the advantage of this recruiting trick more. I don't think it's much of a distraction at all. All they do is put it on and be happy about it.

I get where you're thinking... but I think that's a bit old fashion. I personally don't like it because it's a pretty big unfair advantage and I think it's almost like a borderline "gift giving" incentive.

IIRC they voted between say 3 different ones for last years bowl game. I'm not saying that it's the only reason they lost the last two years (as I said there are plenty of distractions this time of year) but why add to them; and maybe if you've lost the last two years, it's time to take away as many distractions as possible.

49erNation85
12-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Dam Oregon I swear its every year they make a bcs bowl .

SickwithIt1010
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
IIRC they voted between say 3 different ones for last years bowl game. I'm not saying that it's the only reason they lost the last two years (as I said there are plenty of distractions this time of year) but why add to them; and maybe if you've lost the last two years, it's time to take away as many distractions as possible.

If they are distracted by the uniform they wear, they shouldnt be playing football...

JHL6719
12-29-2011, 12:23 AM
What do you get when you cross a ceiling fan with a duck?

TACKLE
12-29-2011, 03:35 AM
http://media.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/photo/duckshelmet-9jpg-fd2a30df22a937c7.jpg
http://media.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/photo/christhomjpg-6946042b887b919e.jpg

Brent
12-29-2011, 09:11 AM
what the ****? ****'s chrome.

Smooth Criminal
12-29-2011, 10:23 AM
I like last years helmets better definitely.

YAYareaRB
12-29-2011, 11:45 AM
saying they lost two years in a row because of jersey distractions is pretty stupid. they played two very good teams in ohio state and auburn.

Brent
12-29-2011, 11:47 AM
saying they lost two years in a row because of jersey distractions is pretty stupid. they played two very good teams in ohio state and auburn.
The other team might be blinded, rather than distracted, when the lights reflect of those helmets, haha.

YAYareaRB
12-29-2011, 12:07 PM
The other team might be blinded, rather than distracted, when the lights reflect of those helmets, haha.

if this was facebook, i would like this

D-Unit
12-29-2011, 12:52 PM
http://media.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/photo/duckshelmet-9jpg-fd2a30df22a937c7.jpg
http://media.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/photo/christhomjpg-6946042b887b919e.jpg
That's the baddest thing I ever saw in football. Wow. Impressed.

LonghornsLegend
12-29-2011, 01:37 PM

Case in point:

You may have a point, but the absolute facts is that uniforms are important to kids in high school and college, absolutely so. Is it the most important thing? No of course not, but there are a ton of kids everywhere who know that Oregon has some of the best uniforms in the country and that is a huge appeal to them.

May not be for everyone, or you personally, but when these guys go on recruiting trips to Oregon, they get to see arguably the best indoor facility in college football, laid down inside is one of these uniforms with their number and name on the back of it. That matters. It also helps in recruiting no doubt about it.

And like someone else said, it's not like they are a terrible program. This is just an extremely sexy way of putting icing on the cake.

I also did not know this a few years ago so while a lot of guys here know this felt I should share in case anyone didn't know. The founder of Nike Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and has donated millions of dollars to all of the sports facilities, well over 100 million. That goes a long way considering it's just a donation and not revenue so I thought that was pretty cool of him.

You come away impressed on a visit to Oregon, the whole package.

Raiderz4Life
12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
OMG....i just creamed my pants. I wanna go play for Oregon....i'll ******* waterboy at 0 cost whatsoever just gimme a jersey or 2 and maybe a helmet. PLZ!!!!

Sloopy
12-29-2011, 04:36 PM
If they are distracted by the uniform they wear, they shouldnt be playing football...

I'm not saying it's the only distraction, it's the fact that they are essentially inviting a distraction. It seems pointless to me. Also, it's not just the fact that they are wearing them that I'm claiming would be distracting. Last year they voted on these things and made a big deal of it (just like "unveiling" them this year).

Furthermore the fact that they have an obsession with playing dress up makes me think that they shouldn't be playing football....

Again, I never said it was the only reason that they lost. I'm saying that if you have lost two years in a row, maybe it's time to remove as many distractions as possible

You may have a point, but the absolute facts is that uniforms are important to kids in high school and college, absolutely so. Is it the most important thing? No of course not, but there are a ton of kids everywhere who know that Oregon has some of the best uniforms in the country and that is a huge appeal to them.

May not be for everyone, or you personally, but when these guys go on recruiting trips to Oregon, they get to see arguably the best indoor facility in college football, laid down inside is one of these uniforms with their number and name on the back of it. That matters. It also helps in recruiting no doubt about it.

And like someone else said, it's not like they are a terrible program. This is just an extremely sexy way of putting icing on the cake.

I also did not know this a few years ago so while a lot of guys here know this felt I should share in case anyone didn't know. The founder of Nike Phil Knight graduated from Oregon and has donated millions of dollars to all of the sports facilities, well over 100 million. That goes a long way considering it's just a donation and not revenue so I thought that was pretty cool of him.

You come away impressed on a visit to Oregon, the whole package.

I actually did not know that fact, makes sense as to why Nike goes all out for them.

I see where the recruiting comes from, I'm just concerned if my player is swayed in anyway by the uniforms (I personally like the idea of not even having names on the back). This game shouldn't be about how sexy you look walking onto the field. I would rather have my players concerned with a winning history/strategy and looking for a program that will better them as players.

I'm not trying to be one of those guys who gets all crotchety when a player does a high step into the endzone. In fact I am okay with celebrating and think the NCAA is a little to harsh with its penalties; as long as it isn't excessive (see soccer). I just feel like in Oregon's case, your tipping the scales towards excessive in a big way.

(for the record I enjoy soccer celebrations but there is not as much scoring so there is a place for it in the game)

Cigaro
12-29-2011, 07:01 PM
If I were a recruit, I'd take an official visit to Oregon. And yes, it would be simply because of the Nike partnership and its effects. I'd gladly welcome that same stuff at South Carolina.

J-Mike88
12-29-2011, 07:52 PM
The numbers change color based on the angle? Reallly? How cool.

What next, making them 3D, or making them glow-in-the-dark too?
How about making them neon?

stl705
12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I like the different combos and jerseys Oregan creates every year. Yes, there are a lot of people who love the old-school, boring jerseys year after year; but you can't blame Oregon for jazzing up the program.

Is this a deciding factor? No, its not, but much like the Michigan helmits did back in the day these uni's stand out and catch people's attention. If I was a recruit, I'd look at it like Oregan really cares about its players and fans and wants them to look really cool. I know this means nothing once the players are between the lines, but its nice for the fans and casual football fans.

I think its less about the changing uniforms, as it is the thought that Oregon will provide student-atheletes with top notch facilities, uniforms, and most anything else they want. A nice gesture from Phil Knight and Oregon.

SickwithIt1010
12-30-2011, 01:32 PM
When I was going on my officials for baseball I got to take a visit to the university of oregon and check out their facilities. The uniforms may be a small factor in their decision but I can guarantee that isnt the only reason they go. Oregon without a doubt has the best athletic facilities in the country. Their training rooms/locker rooms/ etc are better than anyone in the world of professional sports. They have everything you could imagine accessible to them as far as athletics, and their health. They know what they are doing at Oregon, they are building a great athletic program...not just football.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
12-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Oregon without a doubt has the best athletic facilities in the country. Their training rooms/locker rooms/ etc are better than anyone in the world of professional sports. They have everything you could imagine accessible to them as far as athletics, and their health. They know what they are doing at Oregon, they are building a great athletic program...not just football.

Ding ding ding. How are people not more aware of all Nike does for Oregon let alone that Phil Knight went there? Thought that was common knowledge.