PDA

View Full Version : Week 17 - Lions at Packers

Scotty D
12-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Make a prediction and discuss the game.

Calvin was our only pro bowl selection.

Need a ATL loss or a win against GB for us to play the NFC East champ.

detroit4life
12-27-2011, 08:29 PM
they sit their starters at half and we make a comback to win 28-24

noondog
12-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Stafford's pro bowl snub is ********. I'm pissed.

Lions beat the Pack 38-17 with the Packers resting a bunch of starters. Eli ******* Manning over Stafford. Seriously? No respect.

Brothgar
12-28-2011, 08:26 AM
If we win or the Falcons lose we get the winner of Giants Cowboys. If we lose we play likely the Saints I don't want to play the Saints.

noondog
12-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Have I mentioned how pissed I am over Stafford's snub? Not even first alternate?? Jokey McJokerson makin a joke of the pro bowl.

We will win the Super Bowl out of spite now.

Scotty D
12-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Have I mentioned how pissed I am over Stafford's snub? Not even first alternate?? Jokey McJokerson makin a joke of the pro bowl.

We will win the Super Bowl out of spite now.

I was just listening to some sports radio and they say he's the 3rd alternate. The only positive in this is Schwartz can use this as motivation.

noondog
12-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Huge motivation IMO.

Who is the second alternate? Romo or Ryan? I know that Newton is the first.

Prowler
12-28-2011, 06:17 PM
I hate fan voting

Mufasa
12-29-2011, 01:31 AM
Lions win 35-17

noondog
12-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Lions win 35-17

It's going to be a tough game even if the Pack sits starters for no other reason than it will likely be colder than a hooker's heart and we can't run the ball. Our man Staff will have a hard time throwing in those conditions.

Assuming Rodgers doesn't play, I predict a 24-17 Pack win. Hopefully the dirty birds lose too.

On the bright side, this game will be good prep if we have to go to NYC to play the Giants in the 1st round.

Iamcanadian
12-29-2011, 11:30 AM
I see a possible easy win. The Packers are overdue for a letdown after blowing a perfect season and may rest a lot of starters after the 1st quarter. Lions 37-17.

Prowler
12-31-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm liking the odds of us going 11-5

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7404983/green-bay-packers-james-starks-randall-cobb-greg-jennings-sit-vs-detroit-lions

Coach Mike McCarthy would not say Friday whether quarterback Aaron Rodgers will sit the game out.

"The most important thing with Aaron is he's ready to play," McCarthy said. "It's important for the quarterbacks, we repped all three of them this week. So I'd like to see all three of them play in the game, is the initial plan as we started the week."

Packers out

Starks
Jennings
Cobb

Doubtful
Bulaga

Questionable
Clay Mathews
Charles Woodson

J-Mike88
12-31-2011, 10:49 PM
If it was up to me, we'd not even dress:

I'd rather not play the game to tell you the truth, because there are always fuckinginjuries to someone or two or three in every game, especially cold-weather.

Stafford deserved the #3 QB spot in the Pro Bowl without a doubt!
His numbers are gonna be as good as 2 of Farve's MVP years, and his numbers compared to Eli, Cam, and Romo are superior without bias.

Xiomera
01-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Prediction: Lions 28, Packers 16

Prowler
01-01-2012, 03:07 PM
There's no shame in playing a close game today. Green Bay is the defending champs and they have great depth from last year's "injuryzz". Flynn is executing the offense well. We still look like a good playoff team.

BRAVEHEART
01-01-2012, 03:11 PM
There's no shame in playing a close game today. Green Bay is the defending champs and they have great depth from last year's "injuryzz". Flynn is executing the offense well. We still look like a good playoff team.

I disagree, this is embarrassing (the D today, we're much better than this).

CJSchneider
01-01-2012, 03:15 PM
The Rams a re currently 8 points away from pulling out a win.

CJSchneider
01-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for nothing St. Louis. I'll remember that ****.

CJSchneider
01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
**** me - wrong thread.

BRAVEHEART
01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Embarrassing! DB's ******* suck! Why did we sign Harris, **** that guy, he's fat, he's slow, and he sucks.

When you let Matt ******* Flynn break all-time packer records against you...YOU ******* SUCK, and need to end your life!

Prowler
01-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Its Green Bay's scheme. Sometimes its talent, sometimes its scheme and the Packers have an unstoppable spread offense with or without Rodgers. Vinny Testaverde could have came out of retirement and lit us up, there is zero shame in it.

And btw, **** the refs in this game.

BRAVEHEART
01-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Its Green Bay's scheme. Sometimes its talent, sometimes its scheme and the Packers have an unstoppable spread offense with or without Rodgers. Vinny Testaverde could have came out of retirement and lit us up, there is zero shame in it.

And btw, **** the refs in this game.

If that's true, then why did Flynn do things that the greatest Packer QB's of all-time couldn't do. The D didn't want this game, it's like they thought they had it since Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing. **** them, **** them all. Drew Brees bust his load on this defense, and make them swallow it.

Xiomera
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I ******* hate this defense.

Oh, and Calvin missed Herman Moore's single-season receiving record by 6 yards.

Prowler
01-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Its a matchup spread D with Jordy, Driver, Finley, Jones, etc. Flynn knows the playbook and executed well. I really don't know what more people can expect out of the team when they are executing like that. Maybe take away 2 touchdowns, but Flynn would have still had a great game. Green Bay played well.

boknows34
01-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Had the Lions driven just a bit further at the end Stafford (520-5) would have broken Van Brocklin's NFL record of 554 yds. Stafford finishes the season with 5,038 yds and 41 TDs. Megatron 96-1,681-16 Wow!

Prowler
01-01-2012, 05:14 PM
5,038. Suck on that Eli.

Mufasa
01-01-2012, 06:13 PM
There's no shame in playing a close game today. We still look like a good playoff team.
No. There's a ton of shame in losing today. Close game or not. We were playing for the very important 5th seed and lost to a team with nothing to play for and wasn't even playing it's best players.

Matt Flynn put up 480 yards and 6 TDs. What do you think Drew Brees is going to do next week? We look like a good playoff team? Absolutely not.

Prowler
01-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Great offensive schemes will put up points. We have a great scheme, so does Green Bay, New England, and New Orleans. That Green Bay team just walked out on their last home game of the regular season with a bunch of guys who were hungry to prove that they were just as good as anybody in the league. They had a lot of pride and played like a championship team. Blown calls on punt fumble and TD aside, it was a Green Bay victory today.

I don't know how to stop Green Bay's offense with our current roster. We needed more speed at cornerback to stop Jones' long reception inside our 10. We needed an all-world safety like Eric Berry to help cover Finley. At least Tulloch was playing out of his mind in the middle today. I can count about 5 big stops just by typing this. Suh needs to learn some discipline and get chewed out for his potential game-losing false start.

Prowler
01-01-2012, 06:36 PM
It seemed like the more we focused on something, like clogging the middle to stop crossing routes, then somebody like Driver would slip by us for a deep score. Their oline beat our pass rush and Flynn knew how to execute the offense so we lost. He had too much time and wasn't rattled enough. If I had to gameplan against Drew Brees, it would be with a mindset that we're going to have to put up 45 points. I want high risk blitz from corners, linebackers disguising their intent and maybe have the front seven crowd the LOS and then drop back into coverage while only sending 3 guys? I really have no idea on how we or anybody can truly stop the Saints/Packers/Patriots/Us. I might even go the reverse route and take a DT out and use a 3 man front and a third safety so Brees would be more tempted to hand it off.

Mufasa
01-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I definitely do not want to do that. Only rushing three would end terribly for us. Our secondary is not good enough to cover for that long. Eventually someone is going to get open. We have a good pass rushing DL, I don't know why you would want to take that off the field.

Prowler
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
how about super press coverage? get ridiculously good jams with safeties over the top.