Seattle @ Arizona
Kansas City @ Denver
Tampa Bay @ Atlanta
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland
San Diego @ Oakland
Dallas @ NY Giants

The regular season went by fast. :(

I'm a HUGE Cincy fan on Sunday. I like the Steelers on the road too, but having home field would be nice in January.

Breed
12-28-2011, 12:12 AM
**** the NFL.

CDCB14
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
**** the NFL.

You mad bro?

http://troll.me/images/pissed-off-obama/hey-you-you-mad-bro.jpg

MidwayMonster31
12-28-2011, 12:13 AM
**** the NFL.http://www.lukewyatt.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Scruffy-the-Janitor.jpg
Or more accurately, **** this season. And yes. I mad.

bored of education
12-28-2011, 12:23 AM
vFgXF0a_Yw4

RCAChainGang
12-28-2011, 12:27 AM
Suck For Luck for heavens sake!!!

SuperMcGee
12-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Sweep the Pats! Though I'd honestly get a good laugh if Brady went for 500 and took the record over from Brees. But that's highly unlikely, so just **** him up, instead.

Ness
12-28-2011, 02:31 AM
All divisional games. The 49ers should crush the Rams for the second seed, but anything is possible. The good news is that the 49ers won't go into this game casually, which could be nice since they'll most likely have a week off. Don't want them to get too rusty.

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 08:51 AM
All divisional games. The 49ers should crush the Rams for the second seed, but anything is possible. The good news is that the 49ers won't go into this game casually, which could be nice since they'll most likely have a week off. Don't want them to get too rusty.

If the 49ers fail to crush the Rams, you should just concede the playoffs.

I'm also hoping the Colts win and the Rams lose. **** Bill Polian. He no can haz Andrew Luck.

K Train
12-28-2011, 08:55 AM
ive never wanted the bengals to win more.

and regardless of who starts i think beating cleveland is a forgone conclusion

cowboys/giants is just awesome though....who is going to win the division that no one seems to want to win?

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 08:58 AM
ive never wanted the bengals to win more.

and regardless of who starts i think beating cleveland is a forgone conclusion

You or I could probably start and the Steelers would beat Cleveland. The Steelers just don't lose to Cleveland. Aren't they something ungodly like 14-1 since drafting Ben against Cleveland?

I can only remember one loss offhand a few years ago when Josh Cribbs ran the wildcat like 40 times and Cleveland won.

Nalej
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Pats better lay the smackdown against the Bills. They embarrassed us last time.
Picked off Brady 4 times, if I remember correctly

K Train
12-28-2011, 09:01 AM
You or I could probably start and the Steelers would beat Cleveland. The Steelers just don't lose to Cleveland. Aren't they something ungodly like 14-1 since drafting Ben against Cleveland?

I can only remember one loss offhand a few years ago when Josh Cribbs ran the wildcat like 40 times and Cleveland won.

yep, ben slays ohio teams...especially in ohio. the games they won a few years ago cribs had like two KRs. i dont even remember who the QB was, i dont think it was anderson it might have been QUINNCRIBBS

VernonLawson89
12-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Will Aldon break Jevon Kearse's rookie sack record against the Rams? He's at 14, all he needs is 1 more!

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Giants/Cowboys for the division and a spot in the playoffs!!! Enough said and Sunday can't come soon enough.

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Giants/Cowboys for the division and a spot in the playoffs!!! Enough said and Sunday can't come soon enough.

Sooo much rides on that game. I have a strong feeling that the losing team will see a major change up of the coaching staff. Perhaps even the winner if all they manage is a one and done.

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Sooo much rides on that game. I have a strong feeling that the losing team will see a major change up of the coaching staff. Perhaps even the winner if all they manage is a one and done.

I've already seen and heard way to many rumors at this point regarding Coughlin's job. In the last 24 hours alone I've seen that Coughlin may retire no matter what, Coughlin will be kept no matter what, we will hire Spags and make him head coach in waiting 1 or 2 years down the line, Coughlin will be fired and the only "big name" head coach we're interested in is Jeff Fischer. Frankly these reporters know nothing and the Giants don't leak information especially with such a big game on the line.

Brent
12-28-2011, 11:38 AM
I hope we hang a 50 burger on the Rams.

killxswitch
12-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Go Jags!

*barf*

AntoinCD
12-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Go Jags!

*barf*

Go Colts

*barf*

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I've already seen and heard way to many rumors at this point regarding Coughlin's job. In the last 24 hours alone I've seen that Coughlin may retire no matter what, Coughlin will be kept no matter what, we will hire Spags and make him head coach in waiting 1 or 2 years down the line, Coughlin will be fired and the only "big name" head coach we're interested in is Jeff Fischer. Frankly these reporters know nothing and the Giants don't leak information especially with such a big game on the line.

Eh, lose and I don't see how you keep Coughlin. 3 straight years of no playoffs and each a disappointing year to boot?

Maybe, just maybe, if he is considering retirement, they could keep him and bring in Spags as a head coach in waiting. (Though I'm pretty sure that isn't technically allowed in the NFL...Rooney Rule and all that.)

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Eh, lose and I don't see how you keep Coughlin. 3 straight years of no playoffs and each a disappointing year to boot?

Maybe, just maybe, if he is considering retirement, they could keep him and bring in Spags as a head coach in waiting. (Though I'm pretty sure that isn't technically allowed in the NFL...Rooney Rule and all that.)

The team hasn't quit on Coughlin so I could understand bringing him back. Also, I don't see how this year is that big of a dissapointment considering how everyone killed us for not re-signing Smith and Boss and not bringing in any major free agents. I believe most people has us picked at 3rd in the division. I know that all goes out the window after we started 6-2 as always but as long as this team play hard for Coughlin I can see management justifying him staying. I personally think Coughlin needs a strong D-Coordinator to win so if we do get rid of him I would be upset but I'd certainly understand.

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
The team hasn't quit on Coughlin so I could understand bringing him back. Also, I don't see how this year is that big of a dissapointment considering how everyone killed us for not re-signing Smith and Boss and not bringing in any major free agents. I believe most people has us picked at 3rd in the division. I know that all goes out the window after we started 6-2 as always but as long as this team play hard for Coughlin I can see management justifying him staying. I personally think Coughlin needs a strong D-Coordinator to win so if we do get rid of him I would be upset but I'd certainly understand.

I consider it a disappointment. I wasn't one of the people that fully bought the "waah! they lose Smith and Boss!" argument. The Giants are too talented to be squeaking into the playoffs at barely .500. Do they have areas of weakness? Sure. But what team doesn't?

You say the team didn't quit...well what the hell were they doing in that Redskins game? Hell, either Redskins game? Or against the Seahawks? Playing like **** against inferior competition amounts to quitting to me.

I hate teams who play up/down to their competition almost as much as I hate Bill Polian and the prevent defense.

And if you want to blame the coordinators, fine, but remember that the man responsible for them is the head coach. Coughlin has made ****** hires of his "buddies" outside of Spags and it's bit them in the ass.

If they lose and the team goes .500, I'd want a change at the top if I were you.

Giantsfan1080
12-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I consider it a disappointment. I wasn't one of the people that fully bought the "waah! they lose Smith and Boss!" argument. The Giants are too talented to be squeaking into the playoffs at barely .500. Do they have areas of weakness? Sure. But what team doesn't?

You say the team didn't quit...well what the hell were they doing in that Redskins game? Hell, either Redskins game? Or against the Seahawks? Playing like **** against inferior competition amounts to quitting to me.

I hate teams who play up/down to their competition almost as much as I hate Bill Polian and the prevent defense.

And if you want to blame the coordinators, fine, but remember that the man responsible for them is the head coach. Coughlin has made ****** hires of his "buddies" outside of Spags and it's bit them in the ass.

If they lose and the team goes .500, I'd want a change at the top if I were you.

I 100% understand that argument and it's certainly justified to feel that way. Throughout Coughlin's tenure besides an 8 game stretch in 2008 we've always been a team that plays to it's competition. We've had some really questionable home losses including the ones you've just mentioned above but I don't see it as a team that has quit on the coach. We've never finished with a record below .500 and we do have multiple playoff appearances and a Super Bowl. I do agree that perhaps we should have made some more noise in some of those other years but the cards don't always fall your way. Like I said though I'd be fine either way keeping Coughlin or letting him go. The grass isn't always greener on the other side though as we all know.

BuckeyeDan17
12-28-2011, 12:07 PM
To hell with suck for luck, them Cleveland Browns is Whiffin' fo Griffin.

But seriouzly, I bet the Steelers give us a facial even without Ben and Pouncey. Because we suck BBC.

killxswitch
12-28-2011, 12:16 PM
Any chance the Jags could just bench Gabbert, snap direct to MJD, and use that starter spot on another blocker? I think it would work well.

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Any chance the Jags could just bench Gabbert, snap direct to MJD, and use that starter spot on another blocker? I think it would work well.

No. You will face and defeat Gabbert who will throw for 45% and a 4.2 YPA, being the most helpful he possibly can be for the Jags by not letting the Colts get Andrew Luck.

It's all part of the football gods' plan for Jacksonville. Gabbert will prevent the Colts from getting Luck, setting them up for a decade of futility as the Jaguars acquire a new QB in 1-2 years and then dominate with him.

Saints-Tigers
12-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Blaine Gabbert to sit today in favor of....Eben Britton. -Coach's decision

AntoinCD
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
No. You will face and defeat Gabbert who will throw for 45% and a 4.2 YPA, being the most helpful he possibly can be for the Jags by not letting the Colts get Andrew Luck.

It's all part of the football gods' plan for Jacksonville. Gabbert will prevent the Colts from getting Luck, setting them up for a decade of futility as the Jaguars acquire a new QB in 1-2 years and then dominate with him.

Hey that will be like a career game for Gabbert

killxswitch
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM

Ugh if they use the Colts game to "get Gabbert some work throwing the ball" I might literally die.

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Ugh if they use the Colts game to "get Gabbert some work throwing the ball" I might literally die.

Yeah, I mean, why risk getting MJD hurt like AP? They know what they have in him. They're going to have Gabbert throw 53 times to see what he can do. They'll keep him in there after the multiple pick 6's too because he needs to learn how to have a short memory. And he'll learn how to take shots from pass rushers as Freeney and Mathis have at him all day, likely causing some strip sacks and allowing him to work on shortening his memory even more.

killxswitch
12-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I mean, why risk getting MJD hurt like AP? They know what they have in him. They're going to have Gabbert throw 53 times to see what he can do. They'll keep him in there after the multiple pick 6's too because he needs to learn how to have a short memory. And he'll learn how to take shots from pass rushers as Freeney and Mathis have at him all day, likely causing some strip sacks and allowing him to work on shortening his memory even more.

Freeney will be rested for the Pro Bowl. Mathis will be used as a situational run defender in rotation with Jerry Hughes (he needs the reps).

Really though I do expect Polian to rest the starters since this is a meaningless game. I mean he did that when the Colts were 14-0 in 2009. Those last two games weren't worth playing for, so why should this game be worth it?

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Freeney will be rested for the Pro Bowl. Mathis will be used as a situational run defender in rotation with Jerry Hughes (he needs the reps).

Really though I do expect Polian to rest the starters since this is a meaningless game. I mean he did that when the Colts were 14-0 in 2009. Those last two games weren't worth playing for, so why should this game be worth it?

Well why were the last two games worth it? Pride I'm thinking. None of those Colts veterans want to end the season 2-14. 3-13 is soooooo much better!

K Train
12-28-2011, 03:13 PM
i personally hope the steelers dont force feed ward 5 balls to get him to 1000 this week, **** ward, and **** personal milestones.

/rant

Raiderz4Life
12-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Go Baltimore!!
Go G-men!!!
Go Colts!!
and GOOOOOO RAIDERS!!!!

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Go Baltimore!!
Go G-men!!!
Go Colts!!
and GOOOOOO RAIDERS!!!!

No "Go Chiefies?" You need them to win to make the playoffs yanno.

Raiderz4Life
12-28-2011, 03:28 PM
No "Go Chiefies?" You need them to win to make the playoffs yanno.

O yea them too.

GO VIDAES!!!

Edit: I think if Bmore wins and we win we're in anyways with Cinci out. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

BeerBaron
12-28-2011, 03:29 PM
O yea them too.

GO VIDAES!!!

Edit: I think if Bmore wins and we win we're in anyways with Cinci out. I'm not 100% sure on that though.

Eh, you don't want to be a wildcard. Get that home game.

RufusMcDaniel
12-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Come on Titans, blow for DeCastro.

49erNation85
12-28-2011, 05:37 PM
9ersss winzzzzz..

RaiderNation
12-28-2011, 10:35 PM
Looks like the Chargers will be without Vincent Jackson, and possibly Mathews and Tolbert as well. Raiders will have Jacoby Ford and Michael Huff ready for Sunday, and there is a slight chance McFadden could play. I'd give him a 35% chance he plays this week, and if we make the playoffs probably a 60% chance.

Rivers could struggle again against the Raiders defense, especially without his weapons. If the Raiders passing game can keeping improving with Moore and Ford back, I think they could be dangerous in the playoffs....

holt_bruce81
12-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Rams hate me so much I bet the Colts end up beating the Jaguars and the Rams beat the 49ers. ****!

dannyz
12-29-2011, 02:59 AM
I just hope the Chiefs beat the Broncos and the Raiders beat the Chargers. The Raiders better go to the Playoffs because I don't want to Hear the Tebow in the Playoff's Talk and maybe if the Broncos Lose that means the End of this Tebow madness.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
12-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Looks like the Chargers will be without Vincent Jackson, and possibly Mathews and Tolbert as well. Raiders will have Jacoby Ford and Michael Huff ready for Sunday, and there is a slight chance McFadden could play. I'd give him a 35% chance he plays this week, and if we make the playoffs probably a 60% chance.

Rivers could struggle again against the Raiders defense, especially without his weapons. If the Raiders passing game can keeping improving with Moore and Ford back, I think they could be dangerous in the playoffs....

Dangerous with Palmer as your QB? lulz

Smooth Criminal
12-29-2011, 10:15 AM
i personally hope the steelers dont force feed ward 5 balls to get him to 1000 this week, **** ward, and **** personal milestones.

/rant

With you there. But if they get up at all you know well see five 1 yard screens to Ward.

K Train
12-29-2011, 10:19 AM
the way i see it is ward should have tried to get open harder 5 extra times in the last decade.....screw force feeding our 5th/6th WR passes when you have studddzzzzzz ready to dominate

Brent
12-29-2011, 10:20 AM
the way i see it is ward should have tried to get open harder 5 extra times in the last decade.....screw force feeding our 5th/6th WR passes when you have studddzzzzzz ready to dominate
but he's just such a tough guy! and he smiles a lot! and he blocks! and he is a lazy story for the media!

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 10:26 AM
but he's just such a tough guy! and he smiles a lot! and he blocks! and he is a lazy story for the media!

Halllllll of Fammmeeerrrrrr!!!!

Hines
12-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Halllllll of Fammmeeerrrrrr!!!!

You might disagree and I'm not saying this because he's my favorite player of all time, but he's going to be a Hall of Famer. He's not going to be first ballot and might take him a little while to get there, but he will eventually get in.

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 10:56 AM
You might disagree and I'm not saying this because he's my favorite player of all time, but he's going to be a Hall of Famer. He's not going to be first ballot and might take him a little while to get there, but he will eventually get in.

He needs to wait at least behind Tim Brown, Cris Carter, Randy Moss and TO.

This is Hines Ward we're talking about. Yes, he is the Steelers all time leading receiver ahead of other hall of famers. But those guys played in an entirely different era and there have just been so many prolific receivers that dominated the era Ward played in while he just trucked along.

Hines
12-29-2011, 11:01 AM

This is Hines Ward we're talking about. Yes, he is the Steelers all time leading receiver ahead of other hall of famers. But those guys played in an entirely different era and there have just been so many prolific receivers that dominated the era Ward played in while he just trucked along.

I agree that he will have to wait behind them, but you answered as to why he WILL be a HOFer later in this lifetime. He IS a Steeler. He IS the organization's top statistical WR. He WAS considered the rare breed of WR in his prime. Has he ever been dominant? No, but the factors above will put him IMO.

Nalej
12-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Ugh @ the thought of H.Ward in the HOF.
He made it into TDKR's. That should be enough.

AntoinCD
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I am totally against Hines Ward being in the Hall of Fame. At what point in his career was he even a top 5 WR in the NFL? He was never close to being as dominant as Randy Moss or TO. He was never the type of player Marvin Harrison, Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson were. I would even have him below guys like Reggie Wayne and Ochocinco. Neither Wayne or Ochocinco should get in but by the logic above they both have the numbers for it.

Hines Ward: Nearly 1000 catches, 12000+ yards and 85 TDs
Reggie Wayne: 850+ catches, 11500+ yards and 73 TDs
Chad Ochocinco: 760+ catches, 11000+ yards and 67 TDs

All 3 have borderline hall of fame numbers but in all reality only Ochocinco at one point was debatebly the best in the league and that is a tough arguement to make. Hines Ward will get recognition for his elite blocking skills but his average season is 70 catches and 850 yards with 6 TDs. Accumulating borderline hall numbers is one thing but doing it over 14 years has to be taken into account.

Less than half of his career years did he go over 1000 yards. Only three times did he have double digit TDs.

Ward was a very good player for a long time but he was never dominant. He never forced defenses to alter their game plan to him, he never dictated coverages like Randy Moss or TO, he was a solid #1 WR who was an amazing blocker. He should make the list of potential hall of famers but IMO he should not make it

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, "dominance" is something I take into account when considering HoFers. Guys who were some of the best players of their era and left their mark on the game with their success.

I'm not even sure Ward is a top 10 WR of the 2000s. He was very consistent but never went over the top in terms of dominance.

Hines
12-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Antonio Brown was voted the team MVP today. Interesting to say the least.

killxswitch
12-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Heinz Ward will never get into the HOF.

descendency
12-29-2011, 12:28 PM

They have pretty good security at Canton?

WCH
12-29-2011, 12:29 PM

I agree. It's like saying Donald Driver would get in on the grounds that he's the Packers all-time leading receiver, ahead of Don Hutson and James Lofton (not to mention Sterling Sharpe, who won't make the HoF).

Not to mention that if the voters ever get over their bias against WRs, there's a backlog of arguably HoF caliber wideouts.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Just lay an absolute beat down on the Bucs. I need something to be joyous about before New Orleans wrecks us again.

But if the Packers want to go ahead and get a win, I'd be cool with that.

diabsoule
12-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Is that a new brand of ketchup? If you're talking about the WR, his first name is spelled Hines

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Just lay an absolute beat down on the Bucs. I need something to be joyous about before New Orleans wrecks us again.

But if the Packers want to go ahead and get a win, I'd be cool with that.

It's a looooooong shot, but ending up as the 5 seed and getting the NFC East winner is really your only shot I think. The Saints will just **** you up again. Then hope the Lions beat them...and you get the 49ers....and who knows, maybe NFC Championship game?

But there's like a 1% chance of that I think. You'll probably get the Saints. So...enjoy curb stomping the Bucs while you can.

DraftSavant
12-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Yeah, "dominance" is something I take into account when considering HoFers. Guys who were some of the best players of their era and left their mark on the game with their success.

I'm not even sure Ward is a top 10 WR of the 2000s. He was very consistent but never went over the top in terms of dominance.

To be fair, though, he is (or will) end up in the top 5 in just about every relevant postseason receiving statistic and has a Superbowl MVP to his name.

He's going to the Hall. I'm personally against it, and I think he's the Curtis Martin of WRs. But I can see why he'll get in.

Personally, I feel like the only WRs from the last era who should get in are Moss and TO. I could give less of a **** if Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, Cris Carter, or Marvin Harrison never get in.

killxswitch
12-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Is that a new brand of ketchup? If you're talking about the WR, his first name is spelled Hines

It was a joke.

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
To be fair, though, he is (or will) end up in the top 5 in just about every relevant postseason receiving statistic and has a Superbowl MVP to his name.

He's going to the Hall. I'm personally against it, and I think he's the Curtis Martin of runningbacks. But I can see why he'll get in.

Personally, I feel like the only WRs from the last era who should get in are Moss and TO. I could give less of a **** if Tim Brown, Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt, Cris Carter, or Marvin Harrison never get in.

Even Curtis Martin led the league in rushing once and ended up near the top of some all time lists.

I'm not even sure if Ward was ever a top 5 receiver in any given year statistically. Hell, he was barely ever the Steelers #1 WR. There was Plax and Ward, then Holmes and Ward, now Wallace and two other guys and Ward.

Meh. He'll probably get in but I wouldn't vote for him personally.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-29-2011, 12:58 PM
It's a looooooong shot, but ending up as the 5 seed and getting the NFC East winner is really your only shot I think. The Saints will just **** you up again. Then hope the Lions beat them...and you get the 49ers....and who knows, maybe NFC Championship game?

But there's like a 1% chance of that I think. You'll probably get the Saints. So...enjoy curb stomping the Bucs while you can.

Precisely... I'm going to allow myself to dream though.

DraftSavant
12-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Even Curtis Martin led the league in rushing once and ended up near the top of some all time lists.

I'm not even sure if Ward was ever a top 5 receiver in any given year statistically. Hell, he was barely ever the Steelers #1 WR. There was Plax and Ward, then Holmes and Ward, now Wallace and two other guys and Ward.

Meh. He'll probably get in but I wouldn't vote for him personally.

#4 in 2003 with 1329 yards, but that's about it.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Ward was far and away a better receiver than Plaxico during their time in Pittsburgh. And you have to remember how excruciatingly conservative that offense was during Cowher's tenure.

Like I said, not a HoFer in my book, but I understand the narrative that the voters will take. And they already have a huge Steeler boner anyways, so...

Raiderz4Life
12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
When Burger got to Pitt Plax was his go to guy...it seems Burger tends to prefer other receivers over Hines...probably because they're better.

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 01:13 PM
iirc, Plax left after Ben's rookie year right? Rookie QBs love guys who are 6'6 and can leap out of the stadium. (at least back then he could.)

So that may have contributed a bit. But Plax definitely became a #1 in NYG if he wasn't already in Pittsburgh. Plus then the Steelers moved onto Holmes and now Wallace and crew.

DraftSavant
12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Ben's rookie year (2004):

Hines - 80/1004/4
Plaxico - 35/698/5

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 01:28 PM
He was hurt some too that year...but damn near 20 ypc is very good. He was Ben's "**** it, I'm going deep" target.

DraftSavant
12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
He was hurt some too that year...but damn near 20 ypc is very good. He was Ben's "**** it, I'm going deep" target.

Yup. IIRC, part of the reason they let Plax go was because he and Ben would change plays/routes in their own little secret meetings. I dunno how much validity there is to that, though.

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 01:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/tebows-fumbles-have-been-growing-problem/

The NFL made an official scoring change this week, turning one of Tim Tebow’s turnovers against the Bills from an interception to a fumble.

That left Tebow with three interceptions during the loss to Buffalo, and a total of 12 fumbles on the year. Only two NFL players — Matt Moore and Blaine Gabbert — have fumbled more than Tebow this season.

I don't even know what to say or how to feel. I just want to rage over such terribile QBing.

SuperMcGee
12-29-2011, 02:32 PM
Antonio Brown was voted the team MVP today. Interesting to say the least.

<3

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/29/tebows-fumbles-have-been-growing-problem/

I don't even know what to say or how to feel. I just want to rage over such terribile QBing.

That officially gives Chris Kelsay 3 sacks, ten tackles, and a forced fumble that was taken for a score. What an awesome game he had. He's playing better than I've ever seen from him.

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 02:38 PM
That officially gives Chris Kelsay 3 sacks, ten tackles, and a forced fumble that was taken for a score. What an awesome game he had. He's playing better than I've ever seen from him.

That is a good game though I'd temper it a little bit considering the other team was starting a fullback at QB.

Smooth Criminal
12-29-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm torn on Ward. He had a great career, better than many who will make it into the Hall. But he was never the most dominant receiver in the game, and he spent many of his prime year in an ultra conservative offense.

I think he'll get in, but I'm not sure if I'd vote for him. He was never among the most feared offensive weapons, but he has put up a very successful career overall with a Superbowl MVP and very high post season statistics.

BeerBaron
12-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Eh, the Superbowl MVP is overrated. His QB played like **** and his long TD pass came from another WR.

For comparison, Jerry Rice put up better numbers than Ward in three Superbowls, catching 3 TD passes in 2 of them and those weren't even the ones he won MVP for.

Hines
12-29-2011, 11:59 PM
IIRC, Plex left because Pittsburgh didn't offer him the money he was looking for. Plus, I'm not sure he and Cowher got along very well.

SubNoize
12-30-2011, 04:50 AM
Eh, you don't want to be a wildcard. Get that home game.

I'd rather go in as the 6th seed and play Houston on the road where they already won than play Pitts at home.

descendency
12-30-2011, 05:27 AM
If you aren't not one of the 3 or 4 best players in a given year (and for at least 5 years), you are not hall of fame material.

BeerBaron
12-30-2011, 08:46 AM
In an era where we are seeing some of the best passing performances EVER, we are also seeing some of the worst.

http://i.imgur.com/uxGiC.jpg

Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I haven't seen such a terrible passing performance since...

http://i.imgur.com/1LGuJ.jpg

...last year? The ****?

And who's name is on both of those? Could it be....Sam Bradford? The same guy people are trying to convince me is a franchise QB.

This isn't about Bradford being a franchise QB, I doubt there are any NFL teams that don't think he is a young future franchise QB...

In five years, make a list of the top 10 QBs in the NFL.
I think Bradford has just as much of a shot as Luck to be on that list.

Maybe Luck has a better chance to be the #1-2 QB in the NFL than Bradford, but at the end of the day I think Bradford will be recognized as a franchise QB...

I don't think the Rams are going to Take Luck when they already have Bradford. I know he did not play good this year but he's nowhere near Blaine Gabbert Bad...

(Umm...he's only 3% and half-a-yard average better, with the same TD-INT ratio, and has been sacked only one fewer time...)

I'm in a bad mood today and wanted to argue something.

killxswitch
12-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I thought Bradford would fail, Claussen would succeed, and Gabbert would fail. So far I am either 2-1 or 1-1-1. I'm still not sure about Bradford.

J-Mike88
12-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Bradford was named the Rookie of the Year last year though wasn't he?
I actually like Sam, and wonder what he could do with a real set of WRs and TEs, and a stable offensive system.

That **** does matter.

That being said, SB hasn't proven anything yet.

http://www.clanram.com/forums/attachments/f11/2422-sam-bradford-wins-ap-offensive-rookie-year-sam-bradford-axe-lounge-late-night-super-bowl-chitoohdp9rl.jpg

BeerBaron
12-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Bradford was named the Rookie of the Year last year though wasn't he?
I actually like Sam, and wonder what he could do with a real set of WRs and TEs, and a stable offensive system.

That **** does matter.

That being said, SB hasn't proven anything yet.

It does matter a bit, I don't disagree. But the good ones typically end up good regardless of the circumstances they land in.

A lot of Bradford success early in the year last year was because they were running an uber-simplistic offensive system not too different from what he did at Oklahoma. He'd make brief reads and...check down. To throw 37 times a game at 60% but only for 6.0 YPA is pretty lousy, even by the standards of what his surrounding cast could provide.

And once people figured him out, he was easy to stop late in the year. In his last 5 games last year, he threw 1 TD to 6 INT, and never rebounded this year.

He'll be entering his 3rd offensive system next year almost certainly and it's unlikely that his surround cast is going to improve all that much with only one offseason and draft to add talent.

But more back to Gabbert and Clausen...they were just so ******* terrible. Gabbert is terrified of pressure and Clausen played a like a fish tossed onto dry land.

I guess "the rich get richer" applied a bit. As we're seeing some of the greatest QB performances of all time by guys near the top of the league, it's only fair that the guys near the bottom are as equally awful.

J-Mike88
12-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Gabbert us fricking horrible no doubt.
The Rams need to totally bolster their WR core big time.

They might have 2 good years of Steven Jackson left and with Bradford entering his 3rd season, they need to give him some legit weapons immediately.

Too bad for him they didn't get AJ Green or Julio Jones in this draft. I'm glad they didn't, but they should have signed James Jones away from us. He'd have been a very solid addition for them, and still young.

49erNation85
12-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Ryan Leaf who?

Ness
12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
It does matter a bit, I don't disagree. But the good ones typically end up good regardless of the circumstances they land in.

I don't think it's so typical though. Sometimes you have to at least throw a guy a bone. I wasn't a fan of Bradford even last season. And I'm still on the fence about him. His 6.0 YPA won't cut it long term, and that's all he's done the last two seasons. At the same time, I think back to a guy like Steve Young who bombed in Tampa Bay, but got the deal of a lifetime when he was shipped to San Francisco. There is no way Young would have been productive with Tampa. So coaching and good players can go a long ways for development. And being in the same system year after year. Bradford looks like he's headed down the road Alex Smith has gone down in his career. Coordinator change after coordinator change, and lack of talent at the skill position other than Steve Jackson, who is probably on his way out in a few years in terms of being an All-Pro type of back.

That team needs to help Sam Bradford. And it's really awful to hear on the media about the possibility of trading Bradford if the Rams got the number one overall pick. You don't just give up on a guy after two years when you didn't do anything to help him out in the first place, as if it's his fault...and then you'd be putting Luck through that same terrible situation possibly. I don't think the Rams would be that dumb though.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
12-31-2011, 10:10 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/nfl-fines-wes-welker-10000-for-wearing-unauthorized-hat/

Wes Welker gets fined for wearing an authorized hat in a post game conference. SERIOUSLY? That just seems ******* communist. So ******* pathetic of the NFL.

Nalej
12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
"Thanks for warning me the other 16 weeks I wore the hat." - Wes Welker

haha

Jvig43
12-31-2011, 11:01 AM
I know they have alot of money, more than anyone needs, but these fines are just so ******* stupid.

Ness
12-31-2011, 01:30 PM
I know they have alot of money, more than anyone needs, but these fines are just so ******* stupid.

It's just an excuse to get more money from the players. I feel like the NFL will do the best they can to find any loopholes or whatever to keep any money they have and/or make more money. Even with dumb stuff like this.

Brodeur
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/31/nfl-fines-wes-welker-10000-for-wearing-unauthorized-hat/

Wes Welker gets fined for wearing an authorized hat in a post game conference. SERIOUSLY? That just seems ******* communist. So ******* pathetic of the NFL.

I don't think you know what communism means.

A Perfect Score
12-31-2011, 01:47 PM
I don't think you know what communism means.

That was my first thought. It's not right, but it's not communist either haha.

Raiderz4Life
12-31-2011, 04:41 PM
I think I woulda kinda want the wildcard more. Think I like our chances more @ Houston than I do vs Pitt.

BeerBaron
12-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I think I woulda kinda want the wildcard more. Think I like our chances more @ Houston than I do vs Pitt.

I'd prefer just to see Denver miss the playoffs and end Tebow's year.

nobodyinparticular
12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
All I'm concerned about is an Oakland win. Let's see the Raiders hit 9 wins and then start talking about how they make the playoffs.

Mostly this has to do with a nightmare I had Tuesday night that the Raiders came in and just threw up a stinker. The game was over by midway through the 2nd. That will be my expectation until the final whistle blows with the Raider leading.

Raiderz4Life
12-31-2011, 05:07 PM
All I'm concerned about is an Oakland win. Let's see the Raiders hit 9 wins and then start talking about how they make the playoffs.

Mostly this has to do with a nightmare I had Tuesday night that the Raiders came in and just threw up a stinker. The game was over by midway through the 2nd. That will be my expectation until the final whistle blows with the Raider leading.

NOOOO...don't say that =(. First thing's first...we have to win. God please don't let us lose...I'll become a full fledged alcoholic if we do.

A Perfect Score
12-31-2011, 05:46 PM
Steve Johnson is 37 yards away from becoming the first Bills receiver EVER with back to back 1,000 yard seasons. That blew me away. I can't believe that's never happened before.

Giantsfan1080
12-31-2011, 05:48 PM
This was the first year in Giants history that we've had 2 1,000 yard WR's in the same season.

BeerBaron
12-31-2011, 06:00 PM
Steve Johnson is 37 yards away from becoming the first Bills receiver EVER with back to back 1,000 yard seasons. That blew me away. I can't believe that's never happened before.

God will tell him stop after 36.

A Perfect Score
12-31-2011, 06:04 PM
God will tell him stop after 36.

You just know he's going to get to 999 and then start dropping passes. Ironically, 999=666

STEVIE IS THE DEVIL

Ness
12-31-2011, 06:05 PM

That's weird. I thought Reed or Moulds would have accomplished that feat long ago.

BloodBrother
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
1-3 inches of snow expected in GB for tomorrow's game with 40 mph winds

Have fun in that, Matt Flynn(with no jennings, cobb, starks or bulaga).

Wodwo
12-31-2011, 07:40 PM
That was my first thought. It's not right, but it's not communist either haha.

My first thought, too.

I think I would have gone with fascist. They are an expansionist dictatorship and it allows me to compare Goodell to Hitler.

http://couchfiresports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/496px-Roger_Goodell_at_Super_Bowl_43-1.jpg

Fun for the whole family.

Ness
12-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Isn't this the first season the Atlanta Falcons franchise is having back to back trips to the playoffs?

Timbathia
12-31-2011, 08:16 PM
That's weird. I thought Reed or Moulds would have accomplished that feat long ago.

Didnt you play fantasy football ten years ago? Moulds was only worth having in even years.

Though he did get close to back to back 1000 yards seasons.

Ness
12-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Didnt you play fantasy football ten years ago? Moulds was only worth having in even years.

Though he did get close to back to back 1000 yards seasons.

Yeah I noticed that. What a weird trend. It would have been interesting to see how he would have fared if he had played for another team with more stability at the quarterback position.

BeerBaron
01-01-2012, 09:11 AM
You just know he's going to get to 999 and then start dropping passes. Ironically, 999=666

STEVIE IS THE DEVIL

Only if you see the number in a dream.

Sloopy
01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
With AR inactive today and Flynn starting my sig prediction is looking good so far :)

BeerBaron
01-01-2012, 10:59 AM
The Packers are sitting just about everybody. Turns out that stock the Packers sold were actually tickets to a lottery to determine which fans get to play for the team today.

niel89
01-01-2012, 11:05 AM
While I'm sad that AD is hurt, I'm pretty stoked to see Gerhart get another chance to carry the load. He hasn't looked terrible in his recent chances.

Smooth Criminal
01-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Texas resting starters should get the titans a win and possibly the 6th spot.

Nalej
01-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Man, as long as anyone but the Jets make it

Smooth Criminal
01-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Jets don't stand much of a chance at all. Losses from the Bengals, Titans, and Broncos or Raiders is a good amount of help to ask for.

But it would be so like the Jets to get it.

CJSchneider
01-01-2012, 11:54 AM
Go Rams

What have I just said!

Nalej
01-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Jets don't stand much of a chance at all. Losses from the Bengals, Titans, and Broncos or Raiders is a good amount of help to ask for.

But it would be so like the Jets to get it.

Exactly!!!!!!

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
01-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Calling it now packers lose their 1st playoff game after resting starters.

Beano
01-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm predicting another stellar day for the Rams offense.

Might even sneak a FG this week, unless Josh Brown is still kicking like a ****.

SuperMcGee
01-01-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't even know who we have playing kicker for us today.

I'm sure Stevie will get to 1000. But then we wont sign him.

aaaaaand **** the jets.

CJSchneider
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Chris Ivory....TD, Saints!!!!

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Lol at Everson Griffen being a gunner, the guy is a pretty good athlete.

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Chung with two impact plays right out of the gate. Good to have him back.

Nalej
Chung with two impact plays right out of the gate. Good to have him back.

He's a friggin' hammer

Jvig43
Nice hit by Chung, followed by a fail by our special teams to give the Bills a first down. Well good job Bills I guess.

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 12:08 PM
That's a bad call.

SuperMcGee
01-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Called that fake rather easily. First down for The Senator!

On the doorstep!

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
That's a bad call.

Very unfortunate. Not the way we want to start this game. God we are going to get murdered in the postseason with this defense.

ElectricEye
Stevie Johnson beat McCourty like a wet towel on the goal line yet again. Lucky he didn't catch that.

Go_Eagles77
Sav Rocca with a 12 yard punt. Welcome back to Philly!

BradysKnee
01-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Bad Call but bad defense overall. Surprise.

Go_Eagles77
01-01-2012, 12:12 PM
So good to have Brent Celek back to his 09 form. He makes my weenie tingle again.

Brodeur
01-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Ahhhhhhhh Pat Lee.

niel89
01-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Give Gerhart carries

FuzzyGopher
Toby Gerhart isn't half bad.

ATLDirtyBirds
Thanks for nothing ****** ass Packers.

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks for nothing ****** ass Packers.

Oh how I love when fans blame other teams for their own team not winning to get into the playoffs.

superman8456
01-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Is Atlanta resting their starters? Aka, should I start Michael Turner, Willis McGahee, Dexter McCluster or James Rodgers?

draftguru151
01-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Holy crap I actually get a Panthers game. Screw the Phins I'm watching Cam!

Brodeur
01-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Oh how I love when fans blame other teams for their own team not winning to get into the playoffs.

Atlanta is in the playoffs.

Nalej
01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Another slow start

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Ehhh well whatever.

Also, little concerned about the play calling right now. I feel like were trying to protect Brady and his shoulder, which if that is the case, Hoyer should be in.

mqtirishfan
Packers just don't give a **** today.

draftguru151
Jeremy Kerley just made the best throw a Jets player has made all year.

Beano
01-01-2012, 12:19 PM
Hahahahaha Rams scored a TD. Amazing.

Ness
01-01-2012, 12:19 PM
49ers are going to lose to the Rams LMFAO.

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Offsides on the kickoff, well done.

mqtirishfan
Is Atlanta resting their starters? Aka, should I start Michael Turner, Willis McGahee, Dexter McCluster or James Rodgers?

You cannot possibly be having a good season if you have an Oregon State player on your team.

Sloopy
Would be really great if the Bills don't suck today

Would love for the Ravens to have a shot at that #1 seed

Complex
01-01-2012, 12:21 PM
The titans suck

prock
01-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Vikings stop Hester at the THREE YARD LINE on a KICK RETURN! ANd of course Griffin was offsides...

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Would be really great if the Bills don't suck today

Would love for the Ravens to have a shot at that #1 seed

It's very very possible the Bills wont suck today and we do. So far it's looked like it. Very frustrating right now as a Pats fan.

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Why the **** are we letting them eat us alive underneath?

BeerBaron
01-01-2012, 12:23 PM
The Jets should roll out and run Sanchez more than they do. He really isn't that bad at it.

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
The Bills should stop trying to win so badly.

Sloopy
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
It's very very possible the Bills wont suck today and we do. So far it's looked like it. Very frustrating right now as a Pats fan.

Two fourth down conversions must be annoying too :P

BradysKnee
01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
We're playing ridiculous off-coverage and still get beat deep. :)

Jvig43
The Bills should stop trying to win so badly.

I say **** that, The Pats should try ******* winning. God ******* dammit we seriously have zero zero chance to win a game in the playoffs. I have no faith in our defense, I'm calling it now. We have NO chance to win in the post season.

Babylon

Don't confuse them with facts.

Go_Eagles77
With the eagles out of the playoffs, and already being fantasy champion, this is the first time I can just relax and enjoy a day of football all year.

ElectricEye
Brady has attempted one pass so far. That's how you beat us. These slow starts are going to be the nail in the coffin if the trend continues in the playoffs.

SuperMcGee
01-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Excessive celebration penalty on Stevie. No way.

J-Mike88
I am amazed at how bad the Patriots defense is....

CJSchneider
I love seeing Adrian Arrington in the game today.

BradysKnee
I just don't get what we're thinking here on either side of the ball. Really don't get what the coaches are going for.

Sloopy
01-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Really Johnson?

How moronic do you have to be to do something that without a doubt gives you a penalty?

As a coaching staff you can't let guys show such a blatant disregard for the rules.

ElectricEye
I just don't get what we're thinking here on either side of the ball. Really don't get what the coaches are going for.

Billy O'Brien can feel free the go to Penn State.

Babylon
I am amazed at how bad the Patriots defense is....

First time you've seen them play this year?

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:28 PM
This game is awful. The Bears starting lineup is filled with guys who usually play in the 4th quarter of preseason games. The Vikings starting lineup is filled with guys who get cut in the preseason. Please make it stop.

Go_Eagles77
01-01-2012, 12:28 PM
With Asante Samuel inactive, I have a feeling we've all seen the last of him in an eagles uniform. DRC is the future at LCB.

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Billy O'Brien can feel free the go to Penn State.

Haha seriously goodbye. Oh and if we could get a legit defensive coordinator that'd be lovely. And maybe actually draft some needs in the draft this time around. Yeah none of that is going to happen and we can enjoy having another successful regular season only to get **** on in the post season yet again. Grrrr I'm just grumpy.

CJSchneider
Colston TD!!!!!!!
Drew Brees is a beautiful man.

niel89
I love when Gerhart carries guys.

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Blazer package! It never works but it looks cool!!!

Babylon
It'll be interesting to see what the Titans would do for a coach if Munchak goes to PSU. Maybe they'd try to bring in a Steve Sarkisian, keep him away from the defense is all.

OSUGiants17
Excessive celebration penalty on Stevie. No way.

I don't have the game, what did Stevie do this time?

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I love when Gerhart carries guys.

He's played really well this year, he is more patient and decisive and I think the game has slowed down for him. I hated the pick and he sucked last year but I'm starting to like him.

Complex
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Jake Delhomme is playing.

BloodBrother
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Packers are on the board. Flynn for the WIN

SuperMcGee
01-01-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't have the game, what did Stevie do this time?

Had something written on an undershirt. They didn't show it, though.

Don't cross the Moats!!

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Haha seriously goodbye. Oh and if we could get a legit defensive coordinator that'd be lovely. And maybe actually draft some needs in the draft this time around. Yeah none of that is going to happen and we can enjoy having another successful regular season only to get **** on in the post season yet again. Grrrr I'm just grumpy.

We're not getting a defensive coordinator. Slow guys and pre-season All-Pros are the wave of the future defensively, along with really vanilla schemes. Defensive genius.

You gotta love backing your way into the playoffs too. This is a horrendous start for the second straight week. Our offense needs to be perfect to win games and they've been FAR from that the past few weeks.

OSUGiants17
Had something written on an undershirt. They didn't show it, though.

Don't cross the Moats!!

Booo, they should have shown it lol.

Nalej
Die M.Light

BradysKnee
01-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Dear BB:

STOP PLAYING MAN COVERAGE OUR DEF BACKS SUCK AT IT!

Sincerely,

Every Patriots fan.

prock
01-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Kalil Bell just had the most mouth-breather fumble I've ever seen. Quite hilarious.

ElectricEye
Dear BB:

STOP PLAYING MAN COVERAGE OUR DEF BACKS SUCK AT IT!

Sincerely,

Every Patriots fan.

We played zone and they were eating us alive. Scheme doesn't cover up for how many bad players we're running out there.

Missed tackle from Fletcher there. Really like the guy, but you've got to make that tackle.

BradysKnee
We played zone and they were eating us alive. Scheme doesn't cover up for how many bad players we're running out there.

Oh we are terrible at zone, but I trust a QB to screw up more in zone coverage than in man.

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I almost think Harvin is a better running back than receiver.

prock
01-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Just as a feared, the Vikings came to play and they are definitely gonna win this game. All playing really hard.

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh we are terrible at zone, but I trust a QB to screw up more in zone coverage than in man.

Fitzy marched them right down the field twice on zone. I don't blame them for trying to change it up.

Sloopy
01-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Playing this way going into the playoffs could spell some serious trouble for the Pats

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
I kind of hope we just get blown out today, hopefully that could motivate us in the playoffs. Oh wait, it wont matter anyway.

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Just as a feared, the Vikings came to play and they are definitely gonna win this game. All playing really hard.

We just need the Browns, Bucs and Jags to win to stay at the 3rd pick. We're ******.

BufFan71
01-01-2012, 12:40 PM
21-0 Buffalo over New England

J-Mike88
I kind of hope we just get blown out today, hopefully that could motivate us in the playoffs.
21-0.... you might get your wish

BradysKnee
Fitzy marched them right down the field twice on zone. I don't blame them for trying to change it up.

If your defensive backs are as bad as ours are, you don't rely on a scheme that focuses soley on their ability to cover and play a WR (man). You try to hide their inability physically with diverse zone coverages and allow some of your better players bigger responsibilities (if we have any better players).

I just see no reason for man unless you are sending heavy blitzes.

ElectricEye
They deserve those boos. The Bills are outplaying us and out coaching us. Just a pathetic effort on both sides of the ball.

CJSchneider
That call is questionable.

Razor
We suck. This is embarassing.

J-Mike88
01-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Playing this way going into the playoffs could spell some serious trouble for the Pats
That's the AFC's #1 seed?
How far can NE drop if they lose? Can they fall to the #3 seed?

Ness
The Bills are going to sweep the Patriots? So much for a grudge match.

BradysKnee

No, a first round bye is locked.

Ness
01-01-2012, 12:42 PM

No. Houston is locked in at number 3.

J-Mike88
If your defensive backs are as bad as ours are, you don't rely on a scheme that focuses soley on their ability to cover and play a WR (man). You try to hide their inability physically with diverse zone coverages and allow some of your better players bigger responsibilities (if we have any better players).

I just see no reason for man unless you are sending heavy blitzes.
Yeah but how good is your pass rush?

Sloopy

No at worst they are #2 Texans are set at #3

If they lose they are the #2 win and they are #1

If they lose and Bal wins Bal is #1

If they lose and Bal loses and Steelers win the Steelers are #1

If all three lose I BELIEVE (might be wrong) Bal is #1

BradysKnee

Better than our DBs.

FuzzyGopher
Josh McClown looking like Randall Cunningham.

J-Mike88
No. Houston is locked in at number 3.
Dang... the Pats are lucky then that the Texans lost to the Colts right?

Babylon
01-01-2012, 12:43 PM
I was going to say the Pats look like they'd rather play the Steelers in Pittsburgh as opposed to at home for the AFC title. Who am i kidding, they wont make it that far.

J-Mike88
JORDYZZZZZZZ

Dude has found the end zone EVERY GAME this year in Lambeau.

ElectricEye
We need to get Gronkowski more involved down the field again.

Ness
Rams with maybe the dumbest playcall of the season.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Do it for me Packers, do it for my sanity. JORDY!

BloodBrother
haha, Jordyzzzz just abused Alphonso Smith on that TD

stiff arm of DEATH

Brodeur
Ah goddammit.

Jvig43

There isn't anything outside of Wilfork that stands out on this defense, and even he wastes away due to the fact that no one takes advantage of the double teams he gets. The defense is just putrid plain and simple, and I know it must be obnoxious for other fans to hear us ***** about it every week on here but it seriously is as bad as I've ever seen any defense play.

Beano
Rams with the worst play ever.

******* ridiculous.

Ness
01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Touchdown Crabtree. Finally.

CJSchneider
Picked off, thank you Patrick Robinson.

SuperMcGee
Well, the last time they met it started with a 21-0 lead. That one turned out pretty whacky. Would not totally surprise me to see them return the favor, just like the 31-0 games back in '03.

BradysKnee
There isn't anything outside of Wilfork that stands out on this defense, and even he wastes away due to the fact that no one takes advantage of the double teams he gets. The defense is just putrid plain and simple, and I know it must be obnoxious for other fans to hear us ***** about it every week on here but it seriously is as bad as I've ever seen any defense play.

Its true, I didn't think it could get worse after 2010.

Rabscuttle
01-01-2012, 12:46 PM
"trickeration"

Could you use that in a sentence?

The Niners aren't going to be fooled by trickeration.

wicket
Picked off, thank you Patrick Robinson.

quite the play

ElectricEye

The worst part is the fans who defend it. People were calling into the radio shows last week saying that the boos last week against Miami were like the worst thing ever. This team absolutely deserves to be booed.

Beano
Follow the worst play ever, with some of the worst tackling ever.

Being a Rams fan is as enjoyable as being repeatedly kicked square in the nuts.

prock
Jared Allen is so awesome.

Sloopy
01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
It's like the Pats realized that they have the best set of TE's in the NFL!!!

ElectricEye
We're going to start scoring, but we need either stops or turnovers. That's a scary proposition.

Jvig43
Why we don't just come out in the no huddle is just beyond me.

ATLDirtyBirds
Classic Gabbert. Why step up when you can get in the fetal position... and still fumble.

Nalej
01-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Ridley=Beast

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:49 PM
I would take the DBs from the cast of Remember the Titans over the **** we have on our team.

Jvig43
Alright defense, if you could maybe limit them to a FG. Because I know asking you to make a stop just isn't going to happen.

J-Mike88
How much is Brees padding his stats out there today?
What's the weather like there for that game, windy?

Sloopy
It will be interesting to see if this 21 point handicap to start the game will allow the Bills to win.

I think the Pats D will need to pick up some turnovers if they hope to win

Jvig43
I would take the DBs from the cast of Remember the Titans over the **** we have on our team.

And I would gladly take your guys over the guys on our team :P haha

BradysKnee
Our defense has to consider FGs a victory.

Babylon
01-01-2012, 12:50 PM

Thanks for not bringing up the U of Washington secondary, i appreciate that.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Jesus, these NO guards are ridiculous.

FuzzyGopher
01-01-2012, 12:53 PM
And I would gladly take your guys over the guys on our team :P haha

Throw in a lock of Tom Brady's hair and you have a deal.

J-Mike88
Question about that Patriot D-backfield: If they're that bad, I mean worse than you've ever seen, then why did they cut the "Pro Bowler" Merriweather this off-season?
Were they not better when he was there? Or was that coincidence?

Ness
Thanks Ahmad Brooks. So underrated.

FuzzyGopher
That's more on Ponder than Gerhart, the ball was way behind him.

BradysKnee
01-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Edelman ******* tried to haymaker him haha.

Brodeur
Question about that Patriot D-backfield: If they're that bad, I mean worse than you've ever seen, then why did they cut the "Pro Bowler" Merriweather this off-season?

Merriweather is godawful, so he would have made no difference.

wicket
How much is Brees padding his stats out there today?
What's the weather like there for that game, windy?

were still playing for the bye, can hardly call it stat padding

Go_Eagles77
01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Rex - **** it I'm going deeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp oops.

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Throw in a lock of Tom Brady's hair and you have a deal.

Only for a piece of AD's broken knee :)

Pro Bowls mean nothing.

Ness
01-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the block in the back Madieu Dumbass. I mean Williams. No I mean dumbass.

BradysKnee
01-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Only for a piece of AD's broken knee :)

Pro Bowls mean nothing.

Cold man. Cold.

AntoinCD
01-01-2012, 12:57 PM
First time since 1985 New England Patriots have had two players with double digit sacks in the same season. And our defense is still horse ****

Jvig43
01-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Cold man. Cold.

I more of meant it because even APs knee possesses special powers. AP is one of my favorite players.