PDA

View Full Version : Which guy has the most pressure this week?

J-Mike88
12-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Who has the most to prove/biggest pressure on their shoulder this week?

Carson Palmer, the Raiders savior
Tim Tebow, the Broncos savior
Eli Manning
Tony Romo

I would put Flacco and Sanchez on, but A) Flacco's Ravens are in already, and B) Sanchez; Jets are already essentially dead, so his pressure is already gone after his putrid game last week vs the Giants.

Palmer was expected (by Raider personnel) to be the guy who got them into the playoffs behind a strong running game. It all comes down to the KC-Den game and his game vs Rivers' Chargers. Otherwise it's another mediocre season at home for the playoffs for the Raiiiidaz.

Tebow has a ton of pressure on him as they try to avoid the trifecta of losses to end the season and blow the playoffs, ever since SI put him on the cover.

Eli's Giants will miss the playoffs for the 3rd straight year if he chokes Sunday night.... his own fans will boo his ass if he plays badly.

Romo has had a great season, except when donating a few games in the 4th quarters early in the season. He has, now, 3 good WRs and the always-reliable Witten..... but the Romo-Coaster always has its ups & downs. What will the ride be like this week in the Big Apple? That's Must-see TV right there.

Brent
12-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Tony Romo. If you are the Cowboys quarterback, everything is magnified exponentially.

thenewfeature06
12-30-2011, 08:59 AM
What Brent said...

That and the other guys nominated have different situations.. Carson still being kinda new.. Tebow has had a great little audition for Denver yet who knows what they do next year, I guess they would keep him.. And Eli will have his critics but he has actually won a bowl and is the safest guy on here.

Romo just has tons on him, Dallas has been waiting and waiting.. and it is hard for a guy like him to get have to follow in Aikmans and Staubachs careers.

Giantsfan1080
12-30-2011, 09:00 AM
It's Romo only because the media likes to harp on the fact that he never comes to play in a "big" game which is really not true.

Eli has already proven himself on the biggest stage. Also he is the last reason as to why we haven't made the playoffs the last 2 years and possibly 3. He shouldn't even be on this list.

J-Mike88
12-30-2011, 09:21 AM
I think they each FEEL a ton of pressure (maybe not Tebow who understands the bigger picture), but agree, landslide here for the Romo-Coaster.

http://media.dfw.com/smedia/2011/10/11/21/17/mav6v.St.117.jpg

http://www.dfw.com/2011/10/11/521976/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys.html

5LN95GiHGc8

A Perfect Score
12-30-2011, 09:24 AM
The correct answer is Andy Dalton. Rookie, facing a Top 3 NFL Defense who need to win to get a bye, whose team needs a win to get into the playoffs...I would not want to be Andy Dalton this weekend.

J-Mike88
12-30-2011, 09:40 AM
The correct answer is Andy Dalton. Rookie, facing a Top 3 NFL Defense who need to win to get a bye, whose team needs a win to get into the playoffs...I would not want to be Andy Dalton this weekend.
No I wouldn't want to be Red either this week!
But the expectations on him compared to Eli, Romo, and Palmer are and always were, never as high.
Dalton already has exceeded everyone's expectations.

I look at this weeks' game as he's playing with house money anyway.

Still, he's walking into a pissed off hornets next, that's for sure. Good thing it's in the Jungle.
Those Bengal fans better BRING it this week.

Brent
12-30-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah, but if he loses, no one is going to be screaming about how he blew it.

Romo could throw for 400 yards, 4 TDs and 0 INTs, while the defense gives up the winning score to Manning at the end of the game and the media would still say Romo can't win big games. I know this because this happens EVERY ******* YEAR. The Dallas sports media is soooooooo overreactionary to the Cowboys, as is national media for that matter, because of how large their fan base is.

NY+Giants=NYG
12-30-2011, 11:49 AM
None of the above: Instead.

Perry Fewell, Giants DC

His contracts expires after this season. So if he wants to get re-signed. He better hope WRs aren't wide open by 3 miles! Think you can fix that issue this late in the season Perry?

Hurricanes25
12-30-2011, 01:49 PM
It's Romo. The guy needs to win a big game. It's simple as that.

Carson Palmer would be the second guy in my opinion just because Oakland gave up so much for him.

49erNation85
12-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Romo just needs a new team already ...

Shane P. Hallam
12-30-2011, 05:40 PM

That doesn't mean there is pressure on him. He loses this game, it isn't too big of a deal in the long run. Tony Romo loses, it is one step closer to him losing his job.

Babylon
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
From the standpoint he may be looking for work with a loss this weekend it's definitely Romo.

Paul
12-30-2011, 05:45 PM
That doesn't mean there is pressure on him. He loses this game, it isn't too big of a deal in the long run. Tony Romo loses, it is one step closer to him losing his job.

Umm, I wouldn't take it that far now.

Shane P. Hallam
12-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Umm, I wouldn't take it that far now.

With the PR he has been getting over the past few seasons, I would.

nobodyinparticular
12-30-2011, 06:11 PM
E) Hue Jackson, HC Oakland Raiders

Carson Palmer was his guy. He is the one who made the call for a deep sideline pass that ended up costing the game against Detroit. He led his team to a 3-game slide when they could least afford it. His offenses have stagnated in the 4th quarter and his play calling leaves much to be desired. On top of it all, the discipline of his team is leading to a record-breaking season of penalties.

If the Raiders do not win, the story will be about his trade to get his guy who failed as the Raider QB and how he could not get his team disciplined enough to prevent implosion. But if his team makes the playoffs, his acquisition of Carson Palmer is more justified, the record-breaking season of penalties means nothing and he officially becomes the new face of the Raider franchise after Al Davis.

M.O.T.H.
12-30-2011, 07:08 PM
With the PR he has been getting over the past few seasons, I would.

Not a chance. And really, no one in the organization really believes he's the problem. The dude has carried the team on his back this year. He's our best offensive player.

PoopSandwich
12-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Meant to click Romo, oh well... It's not even because it would be his fault, but that team has collapsed too much in the 4th this year.

scottyboy
12-31-2011, 10:48 AM
there's absolutely 0 reason Eli should be on this list. He's got no pressure no him. As NYG said, it's all on Fewell and the D. They're the ones on the Giants side with the pressure on them. Eli's carried this team all year, it's on the D and Fewell for the Giants.

Smooth Criminal
12-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Definitely Tony. It appears he and Eli are in the same situation but it's not. Eli has won a Super Bowl and giants fans know he's the reason they stand a chance at making the playoffs. While many and possibly most see Romo as the reason this game matters, and don't think Romo is the future.

J-Mike88
12-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Definitely Tony. It appears he and Eli are in the same situation but it's not. Eli has won a Super Bowl and giants fans know he's the reason they stand a chance at making the playoffs. While many and possibly most see Romo as the reason this game matters, and don't think Romo is the future.
Yeah, tomorrow night is unbelievably huge to Romo.
Was it 08 or 09 when Dallas was in the same exact situation, and they got just blown out huge in Philly.

Romo has to play well.
And his defense has to make some big stops.
They have to win or some **** is gonna hit the fan here in Dallas.

vidae
01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
it's certainly not tebow. guy could throw for 234782364 ints and the national media would just talk about what a great guy he is and how much he inspires his team.

Well hell, I'd hope they'd at least mention the Chiefs defense for picking off a QB 234782364 times. That has GOTTA be some kind of record.

Bengals78
01-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Well hell, I'd hope they'd at least mention the Chiefs defense for picking off a QB 234782364 times. That has GOTTA be some kind of record.

The Chiefs would win the game 7-0 as one of those picks goes for 6 and they would blame the Bronco defense for not supporting Tebow

J-Mike88
01-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Romo Rolls.

That being said, what do you guys except from him tonight?
The Giants have beaten the Cowboys 4 of the last 5 meetings and scored 33+ points in each of those 4 wins.