PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kolb with the Ravens?

bennybee38
03-27-2007, 10:16 AM
According to Rotoworld.com..

"Houston QB Kevin Kolb has a visit set with the Ravens for early April.

Baltimore is expected to draft a quarterback of the future in the middle rounds. Kolb didn't run but "looked very impressive" in passing drills at his Pro Day last week, according to NFL.com draft expert Gil Brandt."

I would really really like to see a young QB get drafted. Kolb could be a great pro some day and is one of my favorite QB prospects.
Any chance of getting him in the 4th with 1 of our Compensatory picks?
you guys like him?

Next Best Thing
03-27-2007, 10:51 AM
I doubt he'll be there when your 4th rd pick comes around, but maybe you can move up in the third if he still there by packaging some picks.

ChefMike
03-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Kolb I think is smoke screen... I don't see us drafting a QB until the 5th or 6th or waiting til next year and bringing in a floating vet into training camp that is on his way out...see how the Boller situation plays out..

dcarey20
03-27-2007, 01:54 PM
i haven't been expecting us to go QB in the first 3 rounds. like chefmike i have been expecting a later round guy.

this could be a smokescreen but i wouldn't mind kolb because he's one of my favorite players in the draft. i have said form the beginning of the draft process that he will be a very good player.

go_ravens94
03-27-2007, 04:55 PM
i haven't been expecting us to go QB in the first 3 rounds. like chefmike i have been expecting a later round guy.

this could be a smokescreen but i wouldn't mind kolb because he's one of my favorite players in the draft. i have said form the beginning of the draft process that he will be a very good player.

That's good analysis. I like Isaiah Stanback; McNair could teach him in his art, the run and throw...

Yung Flippa
03-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I Would love to have him in the Fourth Round. I think that if we do pick him up that is a sign that the Ravens are finally done with Kyle Boller

Troj2man
03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I think there is a 90% chance that we draft a QB to groom as the future once Mcnair is done. I could see the Ravens taking a QB early in day 2. Guys to watch for are: Kevin Kolb, John Beck, Trent Edwards and maybe even Troy Smith.

Ravens1991
03-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I dont think we will end up getting him, he isnt worth a second round grade at this point but he wont be at our 4th IMO.

mikedoobie
03-27-2007, 10:39 PM
i would much rather stanton or eedwards as i love both, but i would even rather us not draft anyone

Yung Flippa
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
my QB wish list (realisticly):

1. Trent Edwards
2. Troy Smith
3. Kevin Kolb

BigDawg819
03-27-2007, 11:52 PM
Enough with the Troy Smith garbage! I thought we all moved passed him after the title game if not after his poor showing in the combine where he showed up overweight and out of shape. He's Kordell part 2 and is no way needed in Baltimore.

niel89
03-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Enough with the Troy Smith garbage! I thought we all moved passed him after the title game if not after his poor showing in the combine where he showed up overweight and out of shape. He's Kordell part 2 and is no way needed in Baltimore.

you know you loved Kordell in purple and black for those few plays:D

i think i would be fine with troy smith if he was worth the value in a later round. i really like trent edwards though. im a stanford fan because of my sister

ccB
03-28-2007, 08:19 AM
I dont want to draft a QB

BigDawg819
03-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I dont want to draft a QB

AMEN! Resign Kyle long term and Drew Olsen in the wings, boom QB position is not an issue for years to come.

Raven Domination
03-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Let's be realistic about something here...outside of Troy's title game, he had a very good career as QB for Ohio State. People who constantly point to one game, usually shows that they didn't see much of him outside of that one game. Most draft boards have him ranked at #5, and I don't think it's unrealistic that we may take him with one of our 4th round comp picks. I have no doubt in my mind that we take a QB early on the 2nd day...the question is who? I'm thinking, whoever we have coming in on the 5th of April will probably be it.

bennybee38
03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm not too much of a Kyle Boller fan and love the idea of drafting a young QB. Don't resign Boller!! I like Drew Olsen but I dont think he could handle being a starter once McNair is gone. We should draft either Troy Smith or Kevin Kolb. Maybe even Jared Zabransky. A quick scrambling tough leader type...

Raven Domination
03-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not too much of a Kyle Boller fan and love the idea of drafting a young QB. Don't resign Boller!! I like Drew Olsen but I dont think he could handle being a starter once McNair is gone. We should draft either Troy Smith or Kevin Kolb. Maybe even Jared Zabransky. A quick scrambling tough leader type...

Well, there are other prospects outside of Smith and Kolb like John Beck and Trent Edwards (who I'm not totally sold on).

EdReedUnstoppable
03-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I would love to see us get Troy Smith in rd 4 or 5 I think that would be great value. The other QBs in this draft I like are Stanback, Beck, James Pinkney, and of course Jordan Palmer.

Ravens1991
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
I would love to see us get Troy Smith in rd 4 or 5 I think that would be great value. The other QBs in this draft I like are Stanback, Beck, James Pinkney, and of course Jordan Palmer.

I really like Troy Smith, in the 4th would be great IMO

BigDawg819
03-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Ok a BYU QB, yeah Ty Detmer lit up the NFL coming out.

Kevin Kolb, University of Houston, the same school of Andre Ware and David Klinger..... enough said!

Troy Smith - what had a decent senior year that was more of a product of the talent around him and because of one decent year all his off field concerns go out the window?

We're fine at QB, keep Boller and Olsen and focus elsewhere in the draft.

Raven Domination
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
Ok a BYU QB, yeah Ty Detmer lit up the NFL coming out.

Kevin Kolb, University of Houston, the same school of Andre Ware and David Klinger..... enough said!

Troy Smith - what had a decent senior year that was more of a product of the talent around him and because of one decent year all his off field concerns go out the window?

We're fine at QB, keep Boller and Olsen and focus elsewhere in the draft.

Now I understand your Smith hate (and it seems all incoming QB's)...I should have just looked at your siggy. Makes perfect sense now...

And no...we're not fine at QB. We need to bring in someone NOW that we can groom for a year or two behind McNair. The Boller years are over...unless McNair gets injured, that's the only way I see Boller starting for this team ever again.

BigDawg819
03-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Now I understand your Smith hate (and it seems all incoming QB's)...I should have just looked at your siggy. Makes perfect sense now...

And no...we're not fine at QB. We need to bring in someone NOW that we can groom for a year or two behind McNair. The Boller years are over...unless McNair gets injured, that's the only way I see Boller starting for this team ever again.

Now I understand your hatred for Kyle:

YOU'RE A MORON!

Raven Domination
03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Now I understand your hatred for Kyle:

YOU'RE A MORON!

ROFL...that's original!!! At least I'm not drinking Kyle's juice.

BigDawg819
03-28-2007, 05:45 PM
ROFL...that's original!!! At least I'm not drinking Kyle's juice.

Wow that was so good, what are you 12? Go do your homework kiddie....

Troj2man
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM

I agree Raven Domination. The only way Boller ever starts for this team again is if Mcnair gets injured. No I'm not saying that because I hate Kyle Boller. I'm saying that because the guy has proven that he can't be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. He had his chance as the future of this team, now it's time to move on.

BigDawg819
03-29-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree Raven Domination. The only way Boller ever starts for this team again is if Mcnair gets injured. No I'm not saying that because I hate Kyle Boller. I'm saying that because the guy has proven that he can't be a consistent starting QB in the NFL. He had his chance as the future of this team, now it's time to move on.

Let's see 2 guys with less then 40 combined posts are being trendy and bashing Kyle Boller, yup I'm convinced and I renounce my support to him. NOT! The Ravens have screwed him up from the start and owe Kyle the opportunity to take this team back and if you don't realize that then you are moronic fans that are devotees to Mike Preston!

And as a matter of fact I do like a QB prospect from this draft and he is the only one I would feel comfortable with the Ravens drafting. His name is Drew Stanton.

bennybee38
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
And as a matter of fact I do like a QB prospect from this draft and he is the only one I would feel comfortable with the Ravens drafting. His name is Drew Stanton.

i have way too many mixed opinions on drew stanton. He hasnt done anything amazing at michigan state. Waaaaaaaaaayyyy too inconsistent and crumbles under pressure. NEWS FLASH. NFL is the most pressure hes gunna face. How will he handle it? but on the bright side..He has a great arm and is a pretty good runner.

too risky of a pick for me

BigDawg819
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
And a Phillip Rivers won National Titles at N.C. State? Drew Brees was a repeat Heisman winner at Purdue? What you do in college in terms of awards and records doesn't mean nothing when projecting to the pro's. Its about the measurables and Stanton is off the charts with those. He throws a great and precise ball, embraces coaching, and will be a good one in years to come!

bennybee38
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Philip Rivers - 348 completions 483 attempts 4491 yards 72.1 comp % 34 TDs 7 ints.

Drew Brees - 309 completions 512 attempts 3668 yards 60.4 comp % 26 TDs 12 ints.

Drew Stanton - 164 completions 269 attempts 1807 yards 61 comp % 12 TDs 10 ints.

I see a difference..

Stats mean something..they show what a player actually does in games and not what a player might be able to do. Stanton is too inconsistent and nervous for a NFL quarterback.

Troj2man
03-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Let's see 2 guys with less then 40 combined posts are being trendy and bashing Kyle Boller, yup I'm convinced and I renounce my support to him. NOT! The Ravens have screwed him up from the start and owe Kyle the opportunity to take this team back and if you don't realize that then you are moronic fans that are devotees to Mike Preston!

Not sure what my post count has to do with this discussion. If you actually took the time to read my other posts, you would see that I still support Boller. Just because I think he has a lot to work on, that doesn't mean I'm bashing Boller. Personally I think Kyle is a great guy. He says and does everything right. That doesn't make him a good NFL QB though. That's what this discussion is all about. All you have to do is look at what Kyle Boller has done through his career, that would probably make you doubt that he will ever be a legit NFL QB.

Also is there really a need for the name calling? Just because my opinion is different, that doesn't mean I'm a "moronic" fan as you say. Use facts to back-up why you think Boller is any good as a starter in the NFL, not name calling.

America
03-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Seriously, bringing up post count is just classless. It has no reflection on their knowlage of the situation, and your "you're an idiot if you think something I say is wrong" attitude is getting pretty god damn obnoxious. That's all I have to say on that.

It's looking more and more like Boller won't be back after next year. He's pretty much in DCarrs situation. Thrown in at the start and never produced cause lack of weapons, although Boller's situation was a lot better than that of Carr's. Players have no faith in him, I'd love to see us pull in a QB in the 4th or 5th, even though they don't often pan out, just because I trust our staff to pick a good player. I'm still a Troy Smith fan and would love it if we got him Day 2.

Yung Flippa
03-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Look the only way Kyle Boller starts anothe game is if Steve McNair gets injured. Nobody on the team has faith in him winning games. Troy Smith in Day 2 would be GREAT!!!! I mean everyone brings him down, but I mean come on it was only one game. I know it was the most important game but he won the Heisman and had a great season. He would be a perfect fit becuase Steve can mold him for a year or two and let him take over after he retires. Boller is as good as done being a starter!!!!

Troj2man
03-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Look the only way Kyle Boller starts anothe game is if Steve McNair gets injured. Nobody on the team has faith in him winning games. Troy Smith in Day 2 would be GREAT!!!! I mean everyone brings him down, but I mean come on it was only one game. I know it was the most important game but he won the Heisman and had a great season. He would be a perfect fit becuase Steve can mold him for a year or two and let him take over after he retires. Boller is as good as done being a starter!!!!

I agree with you. Troy Smith on day 2 would be a very good pick. Worst case scenarion is that your 4th or later round pick didn't pan out. That's not very uncommon in the NFL. I wouldn't mind it, just no earlier than the 4th round.