PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Fuller, WR, Texas A&M

JohnCandy
12-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Jeff Fuller [Texas A&M]

At the beginning of the season Fuller was seen as a 1st round pick and he had a down year. During the Mienke Bowl I saw some of what made him a 1st round prospect. This was they most impressive bowl game for a WR I have seen. Fuller is massive and strong and works underneath well running solid routes and using his body. In this game he got deep on a couple of plays and showed decent speed and solid hands catches. If we do not go Michael Floyd in the 1st round Fuller would be a nice 2nd round option and my represent better value for the spot.

7/119/1TD

Opinions on Fuller?

Where do you think he gets picked?

descendency
12-31-2011, 04:21 PM
I like Fuller, but he suffers from inconsistent play and low end athleticism.

The Northwestern team is full of future lawyers, not football players.

Phins827
12-31-2011, 04:22 PM
I like him. I see him a strong possibility in the mid- 2nd

Caulibflower
12-31-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah, the Northwestern team looks tiny, so it was the perfect game for Fuller to exhibit his style of play. He did show nice hands on a couple of plays, but I see him as a good value in the second or third as a big-bodied number 2 receiver. If he's the number 2, it'll be easier to exploit match ups. But I don't really see a guy who'll be able to take over a game in the NFL. Poor-man's Anquan Boldin, maybe.

JohnCandy
12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
Is he a guy that has gotten caught in the negative media cycle, because many of the draft sites have him as a 4th round pick and ranked in the 10-17 range.

He had a bad injury riddled year, but has a lot of ability and the game against Peterson was very impressive.

Caulibflower
12-31-2011, 06:10 PM
I think the thing with him is that he's big, he's strong and has some ball skills, but just isn't really someone who's thought of as a "big play" wide receiver. That may be unfair, because he can definitely make catches down the field, but he doesn't really look very explosive. Not especially quick. And you know, not everyone can be a top 5 wide receiver. They've gotta be ranked in some order. I fully expect him to be an NFL contributor, I just don't really see him as a guy I'd specifically target going into the draft. More a guy I'd be looking to get value on.

FUNBUNCHER
12-31-2011, 06:18 PM
If he can be more consistent catching the ball, a HUGE 'if', some team could strike gold with Fuller.

His inconsistency makes him a 2nd rounder IMO, but I'm really curious to see if Fuller tests similar to Julio Jones/AJ Green last year at the combine.

ElectricEye
01-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't see top notch athleticism. Strong hands that run hot and cold, good body control, plus size. Decent package and one that should help him be a part of a receiving core, but there's not enough there to take him in the first three rounds. I like some of the underclassmen who have declared/are projected to declare quite a bit better as well. Overrated as a pro prospect and probably always was.

I wouldn't exactly call that the most impressive Bowl Game a wide receiver has had either. Not even this year.

rawdawg
01-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Fuller was my favorite WR coming into this year (besides Blackmon). Reminds me of a slightly bigger, slightly slower version of Hakeem Nicks because of the enormous hands. With 2 big games to end the season, Fuller's "down" season still ended at 70 catches, 2 fewer than last year. Granted, the big plays haven't been there this year though. I don't know if he was not fully into this season or what but I still think the talent is there for him to be a pretty good NFL WR.

phlysac
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9374/jefffuller.jpg

It's only appropriate.

Brown Leader
01-01-2012, 08:18 PM
I don't see top notch athleticism. Strong hands that run hot and cold, good body control, plus size. Decent package and one that should help him be a part of a receiving core, but there's not enough there to take him in the first three rounds. I like some of the underclassmen who have declared/are projected to declare quite a bit better as well. Overrated as a pro prospect and probably always was.

I wouldn't exactly call that the most impressive Bowl Game a wide receiver has had either. Not even this year.

100% agreed. Brandon Lafell-esque, if that.

Bald_81
01-01-2012, 08:20 PM
The Northwestern team is full of future lawyers, not football players.

http://www.nuintel.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Wilbon.jpg

Ness
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9374/jefffuller.jpg

It's only appropriate.

Agreed. Get Fuller on this team.

Loftin
03-27-2012, 12:42 PM
A&M fan here. Jeff Fuller physically dominated Big XII secondaries and had no problem snagging the ball. He was a likely 2nd round pick a year ago. His senior year, he developed issues with drops. He used to be a sure thing if the ball was anywhere near him, but in 2011 passes were bouncing off his hands. This is why scouts like Tannehill more than his stats or 7-6 record would indicate, because his passes where there and the WR corps, Fuller in particular, dropped the ball (literally).

gator3guy
03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
This guy was a monster in 2010 before he had some kind of nagging injury (I forget what kind). He looked so good, I thought he was going to declare for the draft. He came back in 2011 and as Loftin said, he wasn't the same guy. I think he's going to have some issues separating (4.6 guy). I was reading somewhere that they think he may have to move to TE.

mightytitan9
03-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Fuller was horrible with drops, if he can work on that he'll be a steal. Now I see him more as a 4th-5th rounder

duesouth
03-27-2012, 03:38 PM
This guy was a monster in 2010 before he had some kind of nagging injury (I forget what kind). He looked so good, I thought he was going to declare for the draft. He came back in 2011 and as Loftin said, he wasn't the same guy. I think he's going to have some issues separating (4.6 guy). I was reading somewhere that they think he may have to move to TE.

I think he had more than one injury - hamstring early and then turf toe later.

I don't buy the move to TE - I didn't consider separation an issue in 2010 and indeed on the 10-15 yard out routes/curls that A&M ran frequently he still got separation this year. He lacked the explosion down the field he had in 2010 though. Main problems was his hands - some horrible drops, the worst one against K State in OT - dropped a 2 point try that would have given them the win and it was one he should have caught.

descendency
03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
His route tree is extremely limited and his athleticism might be on the low end.

But he's the only WR I can remember catching a rocket pass and the ball didn't move at all after it touched his hands.

Black Bolt
03-28-2012, 03:12 PM
I like him. I see him a strong possibility in the mid- 2nd

int he 7th round often.