PDA

View Full Version : What are the regulations on NFL gloves? Are there?

Ness
01-01-2012, 06:01 AM
After downloading a few games from the mid-1980's, I was wondering when NFL players starting wearing gloves. Because if you watch all NFL team highlights films it seems like no one is wearing them before the 1986 season at least, or very few are.

So as time has passed, everyone is wearing them. Seems as if it's a rule by now. Is it for some positions?

Bucs_Rule
01-01-2012, 09:04 AM
Newer ones help you catch the football better.

jimmylishis
01-01-2012, 02:32 PM
As far as I know there's no rule that you have to wear them because there are some players that don't, but it is such a big advantage that almost all players do wear them. As far as rules on gloves there are probably some that limit how sticky they can be, but I'm too lazy to look it up haha

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-01-2012, 03:23 PM
WR gloves make a HUGE difference catching the ball, especially with how hard QBs whip it in there these days. And when I started playing, on the OL, I didn't have gloves, and let me tell you, ramming the palms of your hands into your opponents' pads hurt like hell. The OL/DL gloves are really padded and pretty much eliminate that pain.

CashmoneyDrew
01-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Eric Berry don't need no stinkin' gloves!

CDCB14
01-01-2012, 04:18 PM
^^^Agreed, Eric Berry looks sick without them as well.

I think no gloves looks so bad ass. Ian Gold wouldn't wear gloves a lot for the Broncos and I thought it looked so cool.