PDA

View Full Version : Spagnola to be fired

DBNYDP
01-01-2012, 06:48 PM
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Rams will fire coach Steve Spagnuolo and GM Billy Devaney, per team source. #ESPN

Pity, I liked him. I don't think he had enough time and he definitely suffered some huge setbacks with injuries.

Pat Sims 90
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Spagnolo will end up being DC some where.

ChiFan24
01-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Spagnuolo....

armageddon
01-01-2012, 07:07 PM
spags is a terrible HC. He plays to not lose instead of trying to win.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Welcome back Spags! Bye Bye Fewell!

SuperPacker
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Sam Bradford is gonna feel like the new Alex Smith. He'll probably be onto his 3rd OC in 3 years.

armageddon
01-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Sam Bradford is gonna feel like the new Alex Smith. He'll probably be onto his 3rd OC in 3 years.

That's why the Rams should trade him and take RG3

SuperPacker
01-01-2012, 07:17 PM
That's why the Rams should trade him and take RG3

Yeah that's what i'd do, but im not sure what they'll end up doing in the end.

Nalej
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
NE needs a DC. Just sayin'

armageddon
01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah that's what i'd do, but im not sure what they'll end up doing in the end.

The Rams should pull a George Costanza and do the opposite of all their instincts. Since what they do is wrong, the opposite has to be right.

superman8456
01-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Welcome back Spags! Bye Bye Fewell!

Not if the Eagles get him first.. I mean we are the "dream team."

holt_bruce81
01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
This isn't for certain yet. I think Devaney for sure gets fired, still 50/50 on Spags.

NY+Giants=NYG
01-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Not if the Eagles get him first.. I mean we are the "dream team."

I know.. keep dreaming. Dream of spags, a superbowl win, classy fan base.

: P

I think he comes to us. Plus your D has gotten better. So maybe Castillo stays.

nepg
01-01-2012, 07:44 PM
The Rams should pull a George Costanza and do the opposite of all their instincts. Since what they do is wrong, the opposite has to be right.
They really are one of the worst drafting teams. It's awful to watch them in April.

I mean, they were gifted with Orlando Pace that one year and Steven Jackson later on, but have been just awful.

armageddon
01-01-2012, 07:53 PM
They really are one of the worst drafting teams. It's awful to watch them in April.

I mean, they were gifted with Orlando Pace that one year and Steven Jackson later on, but have been just awful.

Check out this draft from 2006. Every players was a bust

R1 -Tye Hill
R2 -Joe Klopfenstein
R3 -Claude Wroten
R3 -Jon Alston
R3 -Dominique Byrd
R4 -Victor Adeyanju
R5 -Marques Hagans
R7 -Tim McGaricle
R7 -Mark Setterstrom
R7 -Tony Palmer

vidae
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey, <insert team> could really use a DC! <current DC> sucks and Spags would be an upgrade!

niel89
01-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Him and Norv Turner are going to be some valuable commodities in the off season.

SuperPacker
01-01-2012, 07:59 PM

R1 -Tye Hill
R2 -Joe Klopfenstein
R3 -Claude Wroten
R3 -Jon Alston
R3 -Dominique Byrd
R4 -Victor Adeyanju
R5 -Marques Hagans
R7 -Tim McGaricle
R7 -Mark Setterstrom
R7 -Tony Palmer

Calling 7th round players busts is a bit stupid. When picking in the 7th round you're just looking for a guy that can make the roster. I'd even say its harsh calling a 3d round pick a bust. You're maybe looking for a back up/average starter there.

Im not saying this is an excuse for being rubbish at drafting by any means but im sure all teams have had bad drafts.

SuperPacker
01-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Hey, <insert team> could really use a DC! <current DC> sucks and Spags would be an upgrade!

Hey, Steelers could really use a DC! Dick Lebeau sucks and Spags would be an upgrade!

It doesnt quite work for every team ;)

armageddon
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Calling 7th round players busts is a bit stupid. When picking in the 7th round you're just looking for a guy that can make the roster. I'd even say its harsh calling a 3d round pick a bust. You're maybe looking for a back up/average starter there.

Im not saying this is an excuse for being rubbish at drafting by any means but im sure all teams have had bad drafts.

Maybe bust wasn't the right word. How about every player was bad ? How about every player is no longer in the NFL ? How about they missed on every pick ? You get the idea.

holt_bruce81
01-01-2012, 08:11 PM

It hasn't been as bad as your making it out to be.

holt_bruce81
01-01-2012, 08:14 PM

R1 -Tye Hill
R2 -Joe Klopfenstein
R3 -Claude Wroten
R3 -Jon Alston
R3 -Dominique Byrd
R4 -Victor Adeyanju
R5 -Marques Hagans
R7 -Tim McGaricle
R7 -Mark Setterstrom
R7 -Tony Palmer

Check out the Draft/undrafted free agents from Devaney's era.

Does he do a bad job at putting a final 53-man roster together? absolutely. Does he do a bad drop drafting players? not even close.

Leon Sandcastle
01-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Philly is a perfect scenario for him and the Eagles. As a DC obviously.

Samson907
01-01-2012, 09:13 PM
You hafta admit that spags is absolutely leaving the team better than when he got here. He drafted Laurinaitis and Chris Long who are budding superstars. Bradfords gonna bounce back. I think we have some good pieces for the future

armageddon
01-01-2012, 09:38 PM
The Rams have some nice pieces in place. The only problem is Long and JL are entering their last year under contract.

Complex
01-01-2012, 09:46 PM
This isn't for certain yet. I think Devaney for sure gets fired, still 50/50 on Spags.

If he was the that drafted Lance Kendricks in the 2nd round he should be fired.

nepg
01-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Is it true that the only member of the coaching staff that hasn't received his walking papers is Josh McD?

Brent
01-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Is it true that the only member of the coaching staff that hasn't received his walking papers is Josh McD?
I hope he's their new coach.

Matthew Jones
01-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Firing Spagnuolo feels like a mistake but his track record didn't exactly do him any favors.

ArkyRamsFan
01-03-2012, 06:03 PM
I hope he's their new coach.

Gee, thanks!! Hugs and kisses to you also..lol..lol!!

Seriously though, it is true that McDaniels has not been fired along with everyone else. Probably because he has one more year to go on his 2 year deal and Kroenke is going to see if the HC will consider keeping him next year.

Always follow the Benjamins as therein usually lies the reason behind a lot of stuff that happens....

nepg
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I mean, if they bring in Mangini and let he and McD build the coaching staff together, they could have something there...

McD was just kind of plugged in at OC/QB this year. He didn't get to pick any of his staff.

If they want to keep McD and go that direction, I'd do whatever I can to pull Nick Caserio from the Pats to shop for the groceries with Mangini at HC.

holt_bruce81
01-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Firing Spagnuolo feels like a mistake but his track record didn't exactly do him any favors.

I really liked Spags, he was much more popular around here than a Scott Linehan. And you could see the players really loved playing for him, even at 2-13 the effort was still there, they still played at 110%.

The problem was he was way to conservative, his teams made the same mistakes in year three of the system as they were making in year one, him and Devaney's handling of the 53-man roster was very questionable....cutting guys who showed flashes for veteran guys who were clearly done.

Whoever gets him though will be getting a heck of a defensive Coordinator. Don't look at the Rams defensive stats to judge him either, they were really good, just out there waaay to long because the offense went 3 and out 80% of the time.

Bucs_Rule
01-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Whoever is brought in as the Rams coach will push to axe Mcd and bring in his oc. The Rams offense under McD was very poor, Bradford did not improve. Can't see the Owner making retaining McD an essential for any potential head coach.

nepg
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Whoever is brought in as the Rams coach will push to axe Mcd and bring in his oc. The Rams offense under McD was very poor, Bradford did not improve. Can't see the Owner making retaining McD an essential for any potential head coach.
Could be used as a lure for some, though. There were some really crazy things they were dealing with offensively.

holt_bruce81
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM

Stan Kroenke actually really likes Josh McDaniels. So I don't know, we'll see.

nepg
01-03-2012, 07:20 PM
There's also the possibility that they're holding McDaniels because they know the Chiefs want him. They could be trying to get some compensation for him from some team.