PDA

View Full Version : Raheem Morris fired

vidae
01-02-2012, 10:53 AM
via NFL Network, reported by Jason La Canfora.

Not surprised by this at all. I guess they weren't "youngry" enough this year.

J-Mike88
01-02-2012, 10:54 AM
The Coaching Change Thread?

vidae
01-02-2012, 10:55 AM

There is a post about Spags being fired but this one isn't acceptable? Also you make like 10,000 threads, I'll make 1.

A Perfect Score
01-02-2012, 10:59 AM

If Jerry Hughes and Brandon Graham deserve their own thread, and the Packers deserve the 9583748543 ****** threads you make about them every year, then Raheem Morris getting canned absolutely deserves one.

You are the last person who can ***** about a thread being created. I'm still pissed the mods won't take away your thread-creating abilities.

This isn't really all that surprising though. They overachieved last year, anyone predicting anything other then an enormous dropoff was bound to be disappointed. Where are all the god damned Freesus and "We're the best young team in the NFL" Bucs fans now?

diabsoule
Just heard the news too. Following this season's failure and the debacle of a game yesterday when players on your own team get into a fight and there's no wonder he's gone. I still think he could make a pretty good DC but he won't be getting another head coaching opportunity in a while.

Raiderz4Life
There is a post about Spags being fired but this one isn't acceptable? Also you make like 10,000 threads, I'll make 1.

You go Vid!

J-Mike88
01-02-2012, 11:00 AM
Why are you so hurtful with your words?
I like the Chiefs, Arrowhead, etc.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Va3objv1cIE/SdUQaeHS1cI/AAAAAAAAAXM/8LZXCHoPQ1E/s400/_words_can_hurt_or_heal_small.jpg

Da-Phins
01-02-2012, 11:01 AM

I find it hilarious that you of all people would question a guy about making a thread. Hey Cam Newton wasnt a bust you should make a thread about that. Oh Oh I know hey Aaron Rodgers didnt play yesterday, gonna make a thread about that too?

You sir are annoying as hell and everyone here doesnt like you so please go away.

bearsfan_51
As I said in the other thread, when you hire a guy at 32, and only give him three years, one has to seriously question your mental capacity.

J-Mike88
I thought this was the coach, the team, who Bucs fans were telling us all was on the rise and a contender for the Super Bowl within 2-3 years.

They certainly didn't have as bad of injury situation as Houston, who won their division, or Kansas City, who almost still won their (horseschit) division despite losing 3 of their best 4 players.

Miaoww
01-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Not a surprise. That team was a disgrace to their fans for most of the season.

J-Mike88
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
I find it hilarious that you of all people would question a guy about making a thread. Hey Cam Newton wasnt a bust you should make a thread about that. Oh Oh I know hey Aaron Rodgers didnt play yesterday, gonna make a thread about that too?

You sir are annoying as hell and everyone here doesnt like you so please go away.
The heavyweights who A) know the game, B) know NFL history, and C) aren't thin-skinned, they aren't annoyed and they don't complain like a girl who's feelings are hurt.

I suggest: toughen up, or go away. Ma'am.

vidae
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
The Bucs have the 2010 MVP in Freeman too. It was just a down year! I swear!

gsorace
01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Didn't they make him a DC first and then changed their mind and made him the HC? This was destined for failure.

J-Mike88
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Didn't they make him a DC first and then changed their mind and made him the HC? This was destined for failure.
It was.... still looking for all the freejus' worshippers here who tried to convince us they were ready to compete with the Saints & Falcons for the NFC South title....

Da-Phins
01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
The heavyweights who A) know the game, B) know NFL history, and C) aren't thin-skinned, they aren't annoyed and they don't complain like a girl who's feelings are hurt.

But yet here you are complaining cause a guy who hardly makes thread made a thread about this.

Whatever. Im done with this fool.

bucfan12
01-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Reportedly the entire coaching staff has been fired as well.

When you have an inexperienced coach assemble an entire coaching staff with inexperienced coaches to coach the youngest team in the NFL, you're running into trouble.

I hope they don't fire Mark Dominik. I haven't heard anything on whether or not he's staying or going. I think that'd be a wrong move because he's done a good job through the draft.

Honestly, they need to add a few vets and assemble the right staff to get back to 2010 form or better.

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Reportedly the entire coaching staff has been fired as well.

When you have an inexperienced coach assemble an entire coaching staff with inexperienced coaches to coach the youngest team in the NFL, you're running into trouble.

I hope they don't fire Mark Dominik. I haven't heard anything on whether or not he's staying or going. I think that'd be a wrong move because he's done a good job through the draft.

Honestly, they need to add a few vets and assemble the right staff to get back to 2010 form or better.

Dominik is staying. It has been confirmed.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Not surprising. You can easily make the case for them being the worst team in the NFL at this point. They were just painful to watch down the stretch.

bucfan12
01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Not surprising. You can easily make the case for them being the worst team in the NFL at this point. They were just painful to watch down the stretch.

Sadly, it was. The new head coach better have a plan because they need to assemble an enitrely new coaching staff.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Sadly, it was. The new head coach better have a plan because they need to assemble an enitrely new coaching staff.

Who do you want to be the new coach?

Brodeur
01-02-2012, 11:35 AM

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9269/1325148516444.jpg

After their defense got anally raped week in and week out for the last two months, this HAD to happen. And Josh Freeman needs some weapons so that John Lynch can call him a franchise QB for another year.

H.O.O.D
01-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm gonna guess they end up hiring Mike Zimmer and he'll bring Ken Zampese with him as his new OC.

bucfan12
01-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Who do you want to be the new coach?

Honestly, apparently Adam Shefter reported that both the Bucs and Dolphins have been the 1st two teams to contract Jeff Fisher.

If I were making the decisions, I'd say Mike Zimmer, DC Cincinatti. He's got that attitude and demeanor that the Bucs need. Plus, he has friendly/coaching ties with Norv Turner, who will most likely be canned as HC in San Diego. Could be the perfect fit at OC for Freeman and the Bucs.

bucfan12
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9269/1325148516444.jpg

After their defense got anally raped week in and week out for the last two months, this HAD to happen. And Josh Freeman needs some weapons so that John Lynch can call him a franchise QB for another year.

Freeman needs weapons period. I can't tell you how many times Mike Mayock said over and over again how the Bucs WRs cannot get seperation. A lot of that had to do with predictablity with the Bucs offensive gameplanning and playcalling as well.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Honestly, apparently Adam Shefter reported that both the Bucs and Dolphins have been the 1st two teams to contract Jeff Fisher.

If I were making the decisions, I'd say Mike Zimmer, DC Cincinatti. He's got that attitude and demeanor that the Bucs need. Plus, he has friendly/coaching ties with Norv Turner, who will most likely be canned as HC in San Diego. Could be the perfect fit at OC for Freeman and the Bucs.

I don't think he could pull off bringing Turner with him, but Zimmer would be a great hire for Tampa.

bucfan12
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't think he could pull off bringing Turner with him, but Zimmer would be a great hire for Tampa.

It's possible, but I think Turner takes a year or 2 off and gets paid by the Chargers. Tom Clements, QB coach from GB would be another choice for OC.

vidae
01-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I would literally kill the lot of you to have Norv Turner as our OC.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
I would literally kill the lot of you to have Norv Turner as our OC.

I'm not sure he can turn down working with the elite franchise QB that is Josh Freeman though.

Brodeur
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm not sure he can turn down working with the elite franchise QB that is Josh Freeman though.

Which is why I'm afraid Tampa is just gonna steal Linehan from us or perhaps he will even steal Weis from Florida.

Mr. Goosemahn
01-02-2012, 12:17 PM
I remember reading that Tampa wanted to can him like a month or two ago, but since all their assistants sucked too and therefore couldn't/wouldn't be good interim HC, they decided to keep Morris and would fire all until the end.

They did, guess this was true.

PackerLegend
01-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Off topic but why do people complain about threads being made like it hurts anybody. I understand the ones that are worthless and unnecessary but otherwise whats the big deal.

vidae
01-02-2012, 12:42 PM

True. It is hard to pass up working with a former MVP.

Which is why I'm afraid Tampa is just gonna steal Linehan from us or perhaps he will even steal Weis from Florida.

Weis is the head coach at KU now.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I always thought this guy was going to be a disaster. Surprised he lasted this long, honestly.

As I said in the other thread, when you hire a guy at 32, and only give him three years, one has to seriously question your mental capacity.

Not really. The team absolutely quit on him this year. And I don't media a frothing at the mouth media "quit" that they use on Tom Coughlin or some guy they don't like every year where they get one quote from an anonymous rogue player. I mean the entire Bucs team completely gave up on the season and showed a total lack of respect for the man

TimmG6376
01-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I always thought this guy was going to be a disaster. Surprised he lasted this long, honestly.

Not really. The team absolutely quit on him this year. And I don't media a frothing at the mouth media "quit" that they use on Tom Coughlin or some guy they don't like every year where they get one quote from an anonymous rogue player. I mean the entire Bucs team completely gave up on the season and showed a total lack of respect for the man

He wasn't saying that he shouldn't have been fired. He was questioning the decision to hire him in the first place, if they weren't prepared to ride out some "growing pain" years.

Caddy
01-02-2012, 03:24 PM

They were the worst team in the NFL when they got back from the Chicago game in England. Morris deserved to be fired. He lost ten games in a row and worst of all, lost the trust of his players.

Jvig43
01-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Holy **** did you honestly just try to call someone out on making a thread?

Also Espn is reporting that he should have a new job within the week. Anyone else find that hard to believe?

vidae
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Extremely hard to believe, at least as a HC. Maybe as a DC, maybe.. but I could see him coaching a secondary again.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Holy **** did you honestly just try to call someone out on making a thread?

Also Espn is reporting that he should have a new job within the week. Anyone else find that hard to believe?

Somewhat, just because it won't give him a lot of time to pursue options. I think he can snatch up a college coaching (HC or DC) pretty quickly or a NFL DB coach spot.

Bucs147
01-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Who is the Steelers DB Coach ? Since he's BFF with TomTom, I could see Raheem going there. Or maybe DB coach for the Vikings if Woods gets a job somewhere, they seems to love these Dungy's protegee DB coaches. Doubt Raheem gets a DC job somewhere after fielding the worst team in the league. I guess he could also go in the NCAA. He would do great at recruiting.

As for who takes the Bucs HC spot, there's some talk that the Bucs wants Fisher and that he is interested in the job. Don't know if it's true (I doubt it is), but I'm just saying. I would take him as the head coach. If not, I'd settle for Mike Zimmer or Winston Moss (especially if he could bring Tom Clements with him).

There's also some talk about the Glazers liking Mike Sherman and Mike Mularkey. If either of these scenarios happen, I'd have to kill someone. They represent exactly what I DON'T WANT. 1. They love dink-and-dunk offense (after having to suffer under Gruden and his wannabe (Greg Olson), I'm tired of that stupid offense and I would hate to see us hiring another dink-and-dunk guy, especially when our QB is Josh Freeman). 2. They've already proven that they're failures. 3. They are just dumb.

Bucs147
01-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Best news in all this is that Greg Olson is finally gone. Can't believe we had to suffer for 3 years of his stupidity. He truly is one of the most inept coach I have ever seen. How he got not one, not two but three OC jobs in the NFL is beyond me. He has to know some person somewhere who always find jobs for him. He should be somewhere flipping burgers for McDonalds, not coaching in the NFL.

I feel bad for the fans of the team that will hire his services.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
01-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I actually wanted Morris in Denver when we hired McD instead.

Also McDaniels is way worse, so I was totally right.

nepg
01-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Freeman needs weapons period. I can't tell you how many times Mike Mayock said over and over again how the Bucs WRs cannot get seperation. A lot of that had to do with predictablity with the Bucs offensive gameplanning and playcalling as well.
lol. Mayock is crazy.

Freeman needs weapons? He's got 3-4 good receivers and a damn good TE. He's got a running game and an OK OL. They could easily implement the Packers' offense with what they've got and be really well off straight away.

Bengalsrocket
01-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Off topic but why do people complain about threads being made like it hurts anybody. I understand the ones that are worthless and unnecessary but otherwise whats the big deal.

If you have had a high traffic website, you would want all of your information condensed into a single area so people who were searching for it could find it easily.

For a lower traffic forum like ours, it really doesn't matter. Threads don't fall off the first page for several days unless no one is interested in the topic.

The problem is that some people here visit other forums that have a legitimate reason to ask their posters to not make several different threads on the same topic and they see it happening there. Then they come back here and get some sense of authority and starting shoving others around.

Caddy
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM
lol. Mayock is crazy.

Freeman needs weapons? He's got 3-4 good receivers and a damn good TE. He's got a running game and an OK OL. They could easily implement the Packers' offense with what they've got and be really well off straight away.

Less obvious trolling thanks.

nepg
01-03-2012, 01:44 AM
Less obvious trolling thanks.
Williams, Benn, Briscoe, and Parker with Winslow is a good group.

Brodeur
01-03-2012, 01:48 AM

None of them are even remotely consistent and Winslow is a shell of his former self.

Caddy
01-03-2012, 01:49 AM

Williams was very disappointing, Benn is still yet to find his feet, Parker is a slot receiver and nothing else, Winslow gave up and Briscoe is the only guy who actually improved this season.

nepg
01-03-2012, 05:55 AM
Yeah, they're young and inconsistent... I mean, they're 2nd-year WRs who were all pretty volatile to begin with. But it's a very talented group that could easily be moved into that Packers offense. They should probably go ahead and do the Tom Clements thing.

Another weird thing I noticed about TB... Why is Steve Logan the RB coach? The guy is a QB guru... Seems like a terrible fit as the RB coach.

Scotty D
01-03-2012, 07:11 AM
I don't think Morris got a fair chance. The Bucs sit on all that cap space and have one of the youngest rosters in the NFL. He deserved at least one more year.

bucfan12
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM

Wow, obviously you didn't watch anything of the Bucs this season. I can't tell you how many times balls hit all of these guys square in the hands and bounce off them and into the hands of the defenders. Sure Freeman made bad reads, but almost half of his INTs were on his WRs.

Complex
01-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Jerry Gray Titans DC interviewed for the Bucs job.

Bucs147
01-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Jerry Gray Titans DC interviewed for the Bucs job.

And, according to John Clayton, Fisher will interview for the Bucs job tomorrow.

Bucs147
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM
By Pat Yasinskas
TAMPA, Fla. Ė As expected, one of the first coaching candidates the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are reaching out to is Mike Sherman.

ESPNís John Clayton reports that the Bucs have made contact with Sherman and are working to schedule an interview in the next few days.

Huh, FML seriously.

bucfan12
01-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Huh, FML seriously.

I won't make a big deal out of this YET. He's been successful in the league and some guys just aren't cut out for the College game.

I think the perfect candidate for this job is Mike Zimmer.