PDA

View Full Version : Biggest (Potential) Busts

bigfanga
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
I thought it might be enlightening and entertaining to compile a list of guys who have the biggest downside in this draft. I'll start things off by giving a few that I am watching carefully. These are listed in the order that they are expected to be drafted.

1. Adrian Peterson - There's no denying the guy's talent but there's also no denying his lack of durability. Could be a value in the mid 2nd round but he's being way overvalued as a top 10 pick.

2. Alan Branch - Huge size and big time experience make him nearly irresistable to any team. Weight problems & laziness spell danger. Was surrounded by talent in college so his own abilities may be questionable.

3. Ted Ginn, Jr. - His blinding speed covers up his lack of ability as a receiver. Would be a good late pick as a pure returner.

4. Levi Brown - I read the other day that there are currently no Penn St. OL in the league. I think there's a good reason for that and see no reason to take any chances with this guy.

5. Adam Carriker - Trev Alberts, Jr. 'Nuff said.

6. Paul Posluzny - Linebacker U. just ain't what it used to be.

I am limiting this list to guys expected to go in the 1st or early 2nd rounds. Please add any names that you don't see here that you believe have a high bust potential.

Thanks

Mr. Myogi
03-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Chris Houston - Sounds like Ahmad Carroll, Speed and no cover skills

iloxygenil
03-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Houston was supposedly one of the best man corners in the country. He locked up against some first rounders and did exceptionally well from what the numbers I read were.

Shiver
03-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Jamaal Anderson carries a lot of risk. Because to draft him would to gamble that he develops into the kind of player he has only shown flashes of, in one year.

Yung Flippa
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
I would put Alan Branch in front of Adrian Peterson.

bigfanga
03-27-2007, 06:15 PM
I put Peterson first because he is projected to go earlier than Branch therefore the bust ramifications are higher, IMHO.

Shiver
03-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Peterson's injuries are overblown. Most of the 'premier' RBs in the NFL, today, have had worse.

Edgerrin James, Deuce McAllister, Jamal Lewis, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, have blown out their knees.

Brian Westbrook, and Fred Taylor, have been routinely hurt.

Clinton Portis has a history of nicks, and missed all of last year.

Steven Jackson has only been healthy for one season, missing games, here and there, due to injury.

Shaun Alexander missed half of his games last year.

Warrick Dunn, and Jerious Norwood, both had nagging injuries last year.

So to say Adrian Peterson has injury concerns, you're basically condemning every Running Back not named LaDainian, as fragile.

mahnee
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
4. Levi Brown - I read the other day that there are currently no Penn St. OL in the league. I think there's a good reason for that and see no reason to take any chances with this guy.

Only 2 Penn St. lineman in the league and they're marginal: Marco Rivera and Kareem McKenzie. I am NOT a fan of Levi Brown either

Shiver
03-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Marco Rivera was a pro-bowl player, he's marginal now, because of age and injuries. Kareem McKenzie is one of the better Right Tackles in football.

scar988
03-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Leon Hall. I just don't see what is so special abou8t this Tampa 2 guy. he can't man cover he si pure tampa 2.

iloxygenil
03-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Brady Quinn.

bigfanga
03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
Shiver, there's not a single RB on your list above that I would use a top 10 pick on. Not one.

The trend in the league in general, and the Falcons in particular, is to use a RB tandem and that lowers the dollar value of all RB's.

If you'll reread what I wrote earlier you will see that I give credit to his talent and would not be too disappointed if he were chosen in the 2nd round (at #44). I just wouldn't waste #8 on him or any RB with the possible exception of a LT or LJ, but who can predict who's going to be that type of pro RB? A history of injuries is just a big red flag to me, especially for a guy who has more of a power style of running. They tend to break down quickly as pros.

I've made no bones for my preference for defense in this draft. It's certainly obvious that I would be biased in my opinions on other players. I certainly try to inform my opinions from as many sources as possible but I am human and we are all going to be influenced by our own biases. Admit your own.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-28-2007, 05:11 PM
If you wouldn't take any of those RB in the top 10, you sir are what we call retarted.

Shiver
03-28-2007, 05:16 PM
If you wouldn't take any of those RB in the top 10, you sir are what we call retarted.

Yeah, Steven Jackson, Clinton Portis, Brian Westbrook aren't worthy of those picks. :rolleyes:

Big Mike
03-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I think Jarrett and Poz are the biggest potential stars who will be picked late.
I used to think that Kenny Irons is the biggest potential bust but he wont be picked high.

BIGGEST BusT = Joakim Noah in NBA and Pat Willis in NFL

burdman
03-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Brady quinn. he was an average QB before charlie got to south bend. he's a system guy. system guy=bust

mahnee
03-28-2007, 05:34 PM
BIGGEST BusT = Joakim Noah in NBA and Pat Willis in NFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bM4sEmaFLQ

Need I say anymore?

georgiafan
03-29-2007, 08:23 AM
anytime a QB goes #1 overall, he is the biggest potential bust